Friar spec

A

adari

39 Staff
49 Enhance
18 Rejuv
9 Parry

Good melee, good boofs & all resist boofs, descent healing and about 14% chance to parry (right?) imo.

Any good?

A

artemus

thats the template both the 50 friars in kotl use, riviera swears by that spec :)

A

Apathy

That's the spec I am going for when I get my respec.

a.

A

adari

\o/

parry % = (5 + (9x0,5)) x 2 = 19%

5% base + 4,5% from spec x 2 cos of 2-h right?

J

Jiggs

dont bother with spec points just get some leather!

A

Apathy

Here's what to do.

Keep staff as close to your level and train it every time you ding until you get 29 staff for Boon.

At the same time, put all extra points into Enhancements.

Once you get 29 staff, you can then put all your points into Enhancements and some into rejuv now and then. Try and keep staff close to your level and don't let it fall below 75% of your level.

I assume this is for the PB group. Don't worry too much about rejuv...you'd be amazed how cute a full rejuv cleric can be. :-O

a.

F

froler-mid

44staff
48enchance
some rej
some parry

uber ^^

A

adari

with 48 enh u get 13 parry, thats a 23 % chance to evade in total, +4% doesnt matter much imo

O

old.LandShark

Huh? Evade5 is 25% base chance, 13 parry is 6.5% chance more, both modified upwards heavily by your selfbuffs... where do you get 23% from?

A

Apathy

I think that 49 enh is best for 18r/39s specs. The 49 points won't get you anything new in the other lines. If you are going 25r, though, it's a different matter and then you need to start stealing points from enh/sta.

Anyway. Hmm. With rejuv, the only real benefit of going his (Say, to 34. ~cries~) is for having zero variance on heals. Spec heal is hardly ever used because it's too slow and uses up too much power.

As a rejuv friar, I've had a few people message me saying "Wow! Great job healing there!" (I paraphrase, of course. :D) when all I've actually done is hide behind something and spam group heal every 2s for 120ish HP. Mwahahaha. When I go OOP, THEN I go into battle mode, sometimes hitting people for as much as 80 damage!

a.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Huh? Evade5 is 25% base chance, 13 parry is 6.5% chance more, both modified upwards heavily by your selfbuffs... where do you get 23% from?

6.5% x 2 for 2handed weapon +10% base, I think is how he calculated it. Not sure if that is actually the case.

a.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Apathy
6.5% x 2 for 2handed weapon +10% base, I think is how he calculated it. Not sure if that is actually the case.

a.

Base parry = 5%
And your parry chance is not doubled for using a 2hander - enemy parry chance is halved.

A

adari

Base parry = 5%
And your parry chance is not doubled for using a 2hander - enemy parry chance is halved.

on catacombs it says using a 2-h weapon your parry chance doubles

E

Eggy

Originally posted by QuickS
44staff4tehwin!!!1!12

That's gotta be a macro.

Went for 39s 48e 18r 13p myself, last matter resist isn't worth it tbh. 18r seems decent for low variance on baselines and best res.

I appear to parry like a beast.

A

adari

Originally posted by Eggy
That's gotta be a macro.

Went for 39s 48e 18r 13p myself, last matter resist isn't worth it tbh. 18r seems decent for low variance on baselines and best res.

I appear to parry like a beast.

why isnt the last matter resist buff worth it?

A

adari

So?

so... unless you can find proof on a good site like catacombs of all the bs ur spamming i reckon your talking out of your ass

O

old.LandShark

All the BS I'm spamming? Which BS was that exactly?
Let me see. First, there's the fact that Mythic have never, ever said your parry rate doubles with a 2hand weapon. Secondly, there's the fact that Mythic have said that using a 2Hand weapon halves your opponent's chance to parry.
What the fuck else do you want, you miserable little git?
If catacombs is always right, why the fuck do you ask?

</foad>

A

adari

All the BS I'm spamming? Which BS was that exactly?
Let me see. First, there's the fact that Mythic have never, ever said your parry rate doubles with a 2hand weapon. Secondly, there's the fact that Mythic have said that using a 2Hand weapon halves your opponent's chance to parry.
What the fuck else do you want, you miserable little shit?
If catacombs is always right, why the fuck do you ask?

</foad>

i have never read either of your statements, unless you can give a link or summat i still consider it as bs, and i reckon catacombs would get their info right, id rather trust them than you

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by Apathy
Anyway. Hmm. With rejuv, the only real benefit of going his (Say, to 34. ~cries~) is for having zero variance on heals. Spec heal is hardly ever used because it's too slow and uses up too much power.

i use the 33 spec heal mainly, might be .4 sec slower that the big base heal, but iv given up on saving casters from pb a long time ago... the spec heal is great for saving the cleric(s) in your group.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by adari
i have never read either of your statements, unless you can give a link or summat i still consider it as bs, and i reckon catacombs would get their info right, id rather trust them than you

Anyhow, I'm right, Catacombs + you can suck whatever part of my anatomy you deem most offensive.

Originally posted on old Drunkenfriar forums a ludicrously long time ago, around about 1.44
http://pub125.ezboard.com/fthedrunkenfriarfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4828.topic

Want me to go find some more? There's shitloads of "Is it true 2handers parry twice as much?" posts on VN acolyte boards and drunkenfriar's old forums. Note, old forums. The new forums are free of such long-dead misconceptions. :rolleyes:
Please learn to trust knowitalls instead of never-updated sites :great:

O

old.LandShark

You could also have looked yourself, or not asked questions that you weren't willing to believe any answer to beyond what you had already read once :x

Users who are viewing this thread