Friar spec

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Apathy
I think that 49 enh is best for 18r/39s specs. The 49 points won't get you anything new in the other lines. If you are going 25r, though, it's a different matter and then you need to start stealing points from enh/sta.

Anyway. Hmm. With rejuv, the only real benefit of going his (Say, to 34. ~cries~) is for having zero variance on heals. Spec heal is hardly ever used because it's too slow and uses up too much power.

As a rejuv friar, I've had a few people message me saying "Wow! Great job healing there!" (I paraphrase, of course. :D) when all I've actually done is hide behind something and spam group heal every 2s for 120ish HP. Mwahahaha. When I go OOP, THEN I go into battle mode, sometimes hitting people for as much as 80 damage!

a.

When I see numbers like that I always think the paladin critted on his heal-chant :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by adari
39 Staff
49 Enhance
18 Rejuv
9 Parry

Any good?

This spec I use.. It depends a bit how you level ofcourse, but if you use SC'ed-gear (from; say, lvl 10) you should keep staff around 2/3 of your level, BUT enhance is more important then staff. Never forget that. Enhance gives you more damage per point then staff does.

Also, it's fairly good possible to get Rejuv up to around 18 at lvl 30-31. Put on your gear +staff and +parry, forget about +enhance. Put when you just begin some +rejuv on it, but once you got 18 rejuv forget about it and forget about using baseline heals, spec-heals are fine in PvE. Perhaps it's a bit slow, but in PvE you know who's main tank, so you know in front who to heal.

You can use +rejuv in the beginning to reduce baseline-heals variance, but once you're passed lvl 30 forget about that and use spec-heal (rejuv 18 = 215 spec-heal).

Look out for special points in the enhance spec: Absorb buffs and dex/qui buffs are things you want as fast as possible. Rest is irrelevant for levelling :)

Good luck!

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Cabo-
i use the 33 spec heal mainly, might be .4 sec slower that the big base heal, but iv given up on saving casters from pb a long time ago... the spec heal is great for saving the cleric(s) in your group.

You respecced TO 33+ rejuv?? Oh dear. I just respecced down to 25. What is your spec now? Mine is 25r, 36s, 49e, 4p.

Yes, the spec heal is good for tanks or people who are not nearly dead. But when anyone has a tiny bit of health fast, the 0.4s or whatever it is makes all the difference. Seeing "You cannot heal the dead!" just gets annoying after the fifth time.

a.

A

Athis

Originally posted by adari
why isnt the last matter resist buff worth it?

Matter damage is kinda rare when you're an alb. Hib doesn't have any class which would use matter for more than one or two spells (valewalker dot, druid root...) and shaman Cave is the only line in mid with matter damage I think (though not totally sure). That just leaves all the dot procs from weapons.

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by Apathy
You respecced TO 33+ rejuv?? Oh dear. I just respecced down to 25. What is your spec now? Mine is 25r, 36s, 49e, 4p.

acturly... 34 reju :doh: thinking "someday.... they will make HoT works...". 29s48e6p as the rest.

sometimes hitting people for as much as 80 damage!

A

Apathy

I was going to try 29 staff so I could go 33 rej and 48/49 enh. But...kinda glad I didn't. :p I still like to be able to kill things in PvE.

a.

C

~Clarky~

well, from 39staff to 29 staff = roughly 80wpn skill loss , i think :D

O

old.LandShark

Let's not forget the variance and cap degradation also...

A

Apathy

Even at 39+13 staff, variance seemed fairly bad. Anything from 150 to 210 with Boon on the same mob.

a.

Y

-yoda-

39s 49e 15r 13p here.

i'm very happy with this spec . only reason i went 15r was for the non ghetto rez "ok its not a full juve rez" but better than being rez'd with zip of hp n no end/pow right?

if i could change that "which i may if a repsec stone comes my way i would try a 44staff template :) i even toyed with char builder and came up with 44s 49e rest juve no parry :p but i'll prolly stay as i am . just try diffeent sticks "using 5spd atm" not tried a 5.5 so that will no doubt up my dmge . and im used to slow weapons due to exping all the way virtually with slow staffs .

V

Vorcyn

Whats the concencus on say, using a lower speed staff, like a 3.0 spd one, and then taking enhance to say 45. Since the weapon speed will be capped without the need for the last haste.

An example spec, which im considering, since i like the faster weapons.

39 Staff
45 Enhance
25 Rejuv
12 Parry

Misses out on the last set of resists, but im not that bothered about them, and gives decent heals.

O

old.LandShark

If you find a staff with speed 3 and dps higher than 15.something, let me know.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Vorcyn

39 Staff
45 Enhance
25 Rejuv
12 Parry

Misses out on the last set of resists, but im not that bothered about them, and gives decent heals.

If you drop the parry to 4 and staff to 36, you can still get 49 enhance for top self-haste and all three 24% resist buffs.

I think it's worth it.

a.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.LandShark

berkeley108.jpg

a.

F

Flimgoblin

I'm pretty sure spec doesn't affect your variance at all - just boosts the average damage, you'll be + or - a particular %age (not determined yet) no matter what... just the number you're bouncing around will be higher.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Knucklebasher? I dunno exact speed (think 3.5) and dps (16.2?) but it's 95% qua so not bad for PvE :)

Users who are viewing this thread