Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
already there dude name of studiomonkey as some t..t used deepfried
deep

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Mikah75 said:
:p
i usually have my liddle fish sheri:D but your my substitute during the daytime;)

As long as Im yours a night time babeh!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

oooo yeh!
working monday so tuesday night babeh! ill bring the rubbers!! :sex:

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

unfortunately no.. thats my friend tosar :)

i remember being given a tip when having sex with inconnu from a friend....
dont waste your time with foreplay it isnt necessary!

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Glerina said:
My friar is rr5 too :x

Oh and I don't really agree with tarts being the best friar staff without rivals.
In my opinion it's only the best group staff. Destiny's Bubble Breaker, the event staff and azure faithbound cudgel (heal proc staff) are far better for soloing. Especially while you've haste up.
Amen to that, DBB is the best staff ingame once haste is up (otherwise switch to Ensorceled Staff of Celerity)

Glerina said:
About specs.
Don't really think that high parry has a big use for friars due to the low weapon skill (in group rvr that is, when you get 2+ tanks on you).
Amen again, you married ingame hun ? :fluffle:

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
No, I'm not ;)
But what a shame that you as a friar can't marry anyone :p

Provender

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Firstly you'd have the weaponskill of a 1h weapon without any spec at all, secondly the styles take a set % of endurance - the speed of the weapon makes no difference at all.

When I've tested this in the past I found that the speed of the weapon does make a difference to the end usage on the ML styles, e.g. I can make 6 swings of essence dampen on a full bar of end using Ensorcelled Staff of Celerity (Spd 3.3) but only 4 with Tartaros (Spd 5.6). Using friar haste doesn't seem to affect the end used by styles either, so I tend to use faster staves when BGing and get off more debuffs - for me this outweighs the reduced damage.

On using a 1-h when BGing, I'm not certain of the game mechanics but isn't to-hit based on primary stat? I thought +skill increased damage/reduced variance only. If so I guess there's no real reason why you couldn't use 1-h, the ML styles give to-hit bonuses so you'd be covered there. The major downfall would be that our 1-h is crush=strength based, and while friars do get str as a rising stat (more than can be said for dex, bah) they tend not to cap it. Battler is quite popular in friar templates for the absorb buff/debuff, and I guess its accuracy proc might help here too. You'd also need spec str from a friendly bb 'cos we can't self buff it ofc.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
After a quick test, the Ensorcelled Staff of Celerity (3.3 speed staff), Tartaros (5.6 speed staff), and arcanium Mace of the Breeze (3.7 speed mace), the following styles take up a set percentage:

- Power Leak (25% endurance)
- Sapping Strike (25% endurance)

The following vary according to staff speed:

- Essence Flames
- Essence Shear
- Essence Dampen
- Essence Shatter

So if you want to use a pbaoe drain then I'd stick with a slower staff, for buff removal then a faster staff would be nice. So, we're both right and wrong! :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldn't you miss out on dmg with a 3.3 staff, when capping speed and such?

Provender

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
After a quick test, the Ensorcelled Staff of Celerity (3.3 speed staff), Tartaros (5.6 speed staff), and arcanium Mace of the Breeze (3.7 speed mace), the following styles take up a set percentage:

- Power Leak (25% endurance)
- Sapping Strike (25% endurance)

The following vary according to staff speed:

- Essence Flames
- Essence Shear
- Essence Dampen
- Essence Shatter

So if you want to use a pbaoe drain then I'd stick with a slower staff, for buff removal then a faster staff would be nice. So, we're both right and wrong! :p

Aha, well spotted that man. I had noticed that I ran out of end all the time when doing power leak, but I'd just put it down to having to sprint to keep up with my target :)

Straef said:
Wouldn't you miss out on dmg with a 3.3 staff, when capping speed and such?

Yes, you'd definitely lose out on damage with a fast staff if you still had friar haste to use. If it wasn't up then there wouldn't be so much in it. My damage output on the assist train tends to be really pants though whatever I hit with, far prefer to drop whirling staff/ST to stay alive and just strip them of buffs as fast as I can while my BGees sort 'em out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom