FreddysHouse upgraded

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bahumat, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Chet,

This should be live now. Can you confirm.

2. Draylor

Draylor Part of the furniture

Deebs: I can confirm its fucked: unless ads are meant to be disabled for leeching scum like myself too :p

3. Dweller

Dweller Fledgling Freddie

My subs have expired, but the ads have disappeared for me. If I log out and then browse, the ad box comes back. Hope this helps.

4. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

The adverts have gone for me.

5. Penguin

Penguin Fledgling Freddie

Reguarding the Google Ads - You can block particular URLS from being picked to display on the site, assuming there aren't too many DAOC cheat sites to easily add them to your list. Ofcourse, from a revenue point of view though, it would probably be a plus to have them :p

- Penguin

6. Deebs

Can you test again for me please Dweller....

7. Penguin

I'm not subscribed Deebs and i see no adverts, but when logged out i can see google ads in a seperate post, at the end of each thread. (before the "quick reply box").

8. Deebs

Should be fixed now, thanks. Can you test once again for me please? Also, blocking ads, is this part of the control panel over at Google?

9. Penguin

Yep, i can see them now. ;)

Yes, you can block ads from particular URLS. Once you've logged in, click Adsense Setup at the top, and then in the submenu just below the main navigation pick Competitive Ad Filter.

10. Draylor

Draylor Part of the furniture

Yup, ads now work fine. Displayed when not subscribed, hidden after payment.

Dont drink it all at once Deebs ;)

11. Ryuno

Ryuno Fledgling Freddie

I'm subscribed and adds arn't showing, so working correctly for me. :)

12. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

May I respectfully suggest a sticky telling people how to sub, I used to but I'm not now apparently. I have been drinking so I might be missing something. If this isn't feedback see if I give a bollocks and ban me. Thx.

/edit
    Stella and typing skilz don't mix.

13. haarewin

haarewin Fledgling Freddie

The sticky posts no longer appear seperated (by a line below them) from the "other" posts. unless I imagined this before.

14. Dukat

Dukat Resident Freddy

bomber bob arcade game wont load, it just sits on the "loading" screen with the bar full at 100%.

Tried refreshing, tried navigating away from the page and coming back to it, tried waiting a few hours, tried leaving the browser open, tried fiddling with the flash settings, nothing seems to work.

I get the impression this is the same for alot of others since theres only 1 person on the highscores list :)

:mad:

15. Rickie

Rickie Can't get enough of FH

I miss that line too.

/mum

16. Ryuno

Ryuno Fledgling Freddie

The bar seperating stickies is a template edit. I guess it must of got wiped when updating the templates.

Case you need it, from the changelog on my boards.

17. Dweller

Dweller Fledgling Freddie

Yep, seems to be working now, I can definitely see ads at the bottom of each thread now, both when signed in, or as a guest.

18. Rickie

Rickie Can't get enough of FH

It back!! :worthy:

19. haarewin

haarewin Fledgling Freddie

yup, its working now.

20. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coalâ„¢ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

FH logo seems to have gone funny again on the FH theme, its got a border again.

21. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

Deebs, the quotesDB is only displayed in the Freddyshouse and DAOC themes, not the others.

22. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

deebs considering that its a bannable offense to post links to daoc cheats and sell plats on these forums dont you think you're taking the piss with the adverts? Perhaps try a different agency or something - google arnt the best paying if you know where to look.

23. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

also, you cant rate a quote unless it is the random quote.

24. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coalâ„¢ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Do you wanna pay for the entire cost of hosting? .......... Is that a no? .......... Then shut the fuck up.

Deebs has a life ya know (job, kids, etc). I'm sure when he gets some spare time he will more than likely tweak the google ads. Until then, don't tell those that give you something for nothing that they're taking the piss you ungrateful shit.

25. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Way to mis-read Chilly's intentions meg. Move your bed from against the wall, you've obviously been getting out of the wrong side and need a change.

26. Alan

Alan Fledgling Freddie

Users can close/open their own threads.

Was this inplace before the upgrade ? Im not sure, and in this instance would a thread owner be able to re-open a thread locked by an admin ?

27. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

back in the day a closed thread could be re-opened by the starter even if it was closed by a mod. I used to have great fun with that til it was disabled. It's an oversight if its back on though.

28. Sockstuff

Sockstuff Can't get enough of FH

Nhh

I seem to remember being able to do this a couple of months ago, but I could be thinking of another forum tbh.

29. Alan

Alan Fledgling Freddie

Just tested and a user can re-open their thread if its locked by a mod - mmm nice.

30. GReaper

GReaper Resident Freddy

Is any effort being made to remove the gold/account/cheat adverts?