FreddysHouse upgraded

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Also been having trouble accessing pages, have run a pingplotter to FH but dont get any packetloss or high pings etc when this happens so dunno what its about.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I'm just getting completely blank/whited out pages when trying to get to the next page of various posts.

Most bizarre. Have never had probs with Freddys other than high user lag when DAoC is down.

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
was acting up abit yesterday, been fine today tho :)

Will

/bin/su
Well, that merge didn't really work, since one of these threads was really old. This is the thread for problems with FH caused by the VB upgrade.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys

I really need the server name/ip at the bottom of the page to help diagnose faults....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right,

it just happened to me, so have removed a piece of software from the server to see what that does....

JingleBells

FH is my second home
The date is in wanky american format on the home page:
"You last visited: 04-07-06"

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, not sure if this is related to the upgrade, but when i changed my email i believed it said it would send me a confirmation? I've not recieved that yet.

Also, i'm not recieving notifications on threads i'm subscribed to? (Not even to my old email)

- Penguin

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Penguin said:
Hmm, not sure if this is related to the upgrade, but when i changed my email i believed it said it would send me a confirmation? I've not recieved that yet.

Also, i'm not recieving notifications on threads i'm subscribed to? (Not even to my old email)

- Penguin

They were in the retry queue for some reason. Anyway, told it to process the queue, mail gone.

Edit:

Mail back, your host is timing out on the SMTP conversation.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Deebs, i don't know much about mail boxes but perhaps SMTP isn't a feature which my host supports?

I'll try an alternative email,

- Penguin

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Penguin said:
i don't know much about mail boxes but perhaps SMTP isn't a feature which my host supports?
:) If it didnt support SMTP it would not receive any mail from the internet.

Using another email account seems like the best idea: if it is just timing out then its unlikely to be Deebs problem.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
I have recieved other emails today though - not had any problems with it so far untill now - Oh well :(

Will

/bin/su
In the user control panel, the arrows to minimise various boxes just jump you to the top of the page as well. This definately happens with both the Freddyshouse and the Steelblue themes.

Also, for some reason, most of the images in Freddyshouse theme don't load for me at work, but are fine at home. Steelblue is fine.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will

Just tried the collapsable buttons and they work fine for me in the control panel. Is it a particular page?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Firefox here at home and all is well tbh.

Will

/bin/su
Might be something to do with the total lack of javascript etc here. These PCs are pretty locked down nowadays.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They're only locked down to stop you theiving them from the desks ;)

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure if it is a bug but sometimes when someone posts the signature does not display.

Played around with my settings but I get the same problem.

(look above for an example: Will's signature is in his first post but in the next it's missing).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's working as designed Mr SAS: to stop mega-huge sigs from clogging up the display all sigs are displayed just once per page.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
at least one of board styles (black one) is missing. any way to get it back?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ch3tan said:
Can adverts be disabled for paying subscribers?

Yes Chet once I get round to modifying the script.

Tilda

Can we remove the "daoc cheats" adverts?
As a semi-official daoc board, its a tad hypocritical for us to then be advertising daoc cheats and "buy money" sites.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
Can adverts be disabled for paying subscribers?

I've been trying to be a paying customer for the last 10 minutes but PayPal ain't opening from the button in my User CP paid subscriptions page.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox and haven't had any probs with other PayPal links.

PS Is this the extra info you need Deebs? Just done that now.

Page generated in 0.31563 seconds with 12 queries using server 193.138.95.197

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Bahumat said:
about 6 months back there was an update in the site, since then (yeah i have left it long to speak up now) i have always had a problem with the site.

when i post in a thread it shows the thread as a dull blue indicating i was the last poster...as it should.

but if i browse other parts of the site etc it shows the thread in bright, as if to say it has a reply, basically what im finding is my replies dont seem to keep the post dulled out.

Also now getting this as of yesterday. Can't edit above post anymore, so apologies for the double post spammage.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tilda said:
Can we remove the "daoc cheats" adverts?
As a semi-official daoc board, its a tad hypocritical for us to then be advertising daoc cheats and "buy money" sites.

Nope, google define what ads to present, I have no control whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom