News For camera nerds only

milou

Part of the furniture
It's taken me 7 years to get the kit together, selling images to fund new gear.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
ok so the shit is to read the lens reviews as theres no way to tell whats good or not by the numbers :p

Think i decyphered that :)

milou

Part of the furniture
Insert joke about I want to die in my sleep like my grandad and not screaming like the passengers on his bus.

milou

Part of the furniture
Will probably have an extended trip north - NE Scotland, Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland. Did consider New Zealand.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Dude, I can seriously recommend NZ though. Go for about 8 weeks. Spend 7 of those on the South Island :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Throw Iceland into the mix?

Those shots of blocks of ice on black sand, long exposure, bit of sunset. Just sensational.

milou

Part of the furniture
Off to Iceland and Norway with her ladyship this July but its not a photo trip. Considering a short Norway trip early next year. I agree about NZ though. I wish I could buy extra annual leave.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Well I think there are some great pictures on Instagram. I don't give a fuck if it's lazy. Everyone always has their phone on them; this can only be a good thing!
Well... Better than that godawful HDR phase anyway.

old.user4556

We moved away from shite, blurred, colour cast film and rejoiced. Now hipsters want to recreate said shite.

It's hipster shite.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think the good thing is you know I can do it the other way too then.

old.user4556

<slow motion> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo........ </slow motion>

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I've seen some really good stuff with instagram.

I've seen 99% utter turd with it though. Oh look, a shit photo at a shit angle, but INSTAGRAMMED!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Are there any good still comparisons yet? Or D800E news? I'm getting antsy.

old.user4556

DPReview has RAW files you can download of both cameras so you can play with them yourself. The D800 has without question far better images at ISO 100 if you're interested in maximum dynamic range (I downloaded the RAWs and tested this myself, the noise in the shadows of the Mk3 is disappointing, but only if that's important to you). I'm still waiting for in-depth reviews of both myself, I've only seen a couple of basic reviews.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-D3X...lCameras_JN&hash=item43ae9fe300#ht_500wt_1204

Worth a punt, put a max bid in of £2500 :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why don't they take sample shots of the same stuff or am I missing something? :D

old.user4556

DPreview? You need to go to their studio samples, not the world samples.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If I did go Nikon it sounds like I'd have to go D800E.

I don't like the way Nikons look though, and they seem less ergonomic to me.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Throw Iceland into the mix?

Those shots of blocks of ice on black sand, long exposure, bit of sunset. Just sensational.
Off to Iceland and Norway with her ladyship this July but its not a photo trip. Considering a short Norway trip early next year. I agree about NZ though. I wish I could buy extra annual leave.

I've been to Iceland, Norway and NZ, and while I must say that NZ is simply the loveliest place ever (in fact, I even checked if I could emigrate there), Norway is the prettiest and most fearsomely awesome place nature wise I've ever been.

milou

Part of the furniture
I've been to Iceland, Norway and NZ, and while I must say that NZ is simply the loveliest place ever (in fact, I even checked if I could emigrate there), Norway is the prettiest and most fearsomely awesome place nature wise I've ever been.
I'd best try all three - it's only right!

old.user4556

5d3 looks a little sharper to me compared with the D800. *leans*

Remember you need to downsample the 36 megapixels of the D800 to 22 megapixels to make a fair and accurate comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom