For all you Watermans-stylesheet LA-wankers:

J

Jenna.

they hit a sitting down lvl 0 mob while they got 10 qui themselves, then some retards claim zerkers do 1k dmg without crit etc, kinda hasu imo tbh ~~

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Jenna.
they hit a sitting down lvl 0 mob while they got 10 qui themselves, then some retards claim zerkers do 1k dmg without crit etc, kinda hasu imo tbh ~~

Yep... "Retards", spelled s-c-r-e-e-n-s-h-o-t-s.
I agree! And that's "agree", spelled s-t-f-u-p-l-z-k

K

klavrynd

Gekul : Watermans flawed page was <snip>

can't agree more

as for sb's , i don't give a flying fuck about sb's since they're one of the reasons first doublefrost and then the entire LA line got nerfed to hell and back again.

as for cougar's bandwagon remark (which i dont understand but it has bandwagon in it :p ), there's some of us that played the class from the beginning, when nobody said a thing about berserkers

K

katt!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For all you Watermans-stylesheet LA-wankers:

Originally posted by Gekul
Shadowblades didn't spec left axe so they could duel wield without a penalty, they specced it for the styles. CS styles will do more, so why spec LA, a style line your never going to use? It's been relegated to CD/DW level.
Except with CD/DW you have the choice. Leave it, with no penalty. Or spec it, increasing your damage.
With LA, it's a choice of leave it, with reduced damage, and an offhand that will hit rarely (low specced weapon?), and if it does hit, it will be for small damage. Or spec it for a reduced penalty (which takes points away from your other lines).
Doesn't seem fair to me.

Watermans flawed page was used on almost every board and nerf LA thread. This is the proof!!11 was posted often, by bitter albs mostly. The trouble is, the conclusions it made were biased, and the way people interpreted it was also wrong. It was quoted by whiners who didn't view things from other perspectives; I never do that type of damage!!!1. Forgetting to mention the 9 second stun and other advantages their class lived with.
So, this flawed page was used as proof by ignorant whiners who didn't like losing every now and then.
The worst thing about this being used as a bible by poor losers, despite the fact that it's wrong, was that it was comparing the LA style line to CD/DW, a line that mercs and BMs won't use and assassins won't spec.
Nice comparison :great:

you dont need a fking stylesheet to see that LA was overpowered.

it was overpowered, it got nerfed. whats the problem?

K

klavrynd

go fondle your "trainer" for another leather robe imo

A

Arnor

Watermans flawed page was used on almost every board and nerf LA thread. This is the proof!!11 was posted often, by bitter albs mostly. The trouble is, the conclusions it made were biased, and the way people interpreted it was also wrong. It was quoted by whiners who didn't view things from other perspectives; I never do that type of damage!!!1. Forgetting to mention the 9 second stun and other advantages their class lived with.
So, this flawed page was used as proof by ignorant whiners who didn't like losing every now and then.
The worst thing about this being used as a bible by poor losers, despite the fact that it's wrong, was that it was comparing the LA style line to CD/DW, a line that mercs and BMs won't use and assassins won't spec.
Nice comparison

Thanks mate for summing up what this thread was all about :great:

and for the poor norse zerk: there are 3 keys to insane hits as a zerk: LOW quick, slow main and high rr. (its really not until sub 60 that the cap skyrockets)

that is all, and to all you scatmunchers who came here and started blabbering about zerkers needing a nerf or not: you can suck my culo chicas!:kissit:

S

Subbiz

Re: Re: For all you Watermans-stylesheet LA-wankers:

Originally posted by katt!
zerkers are still overpowered, whats your point?

his point is that mythic listened to the 'NERF SOMETHING!!!11' whines, and so they did..

however the nerf wont be a balanced fix, it will hurt sb's and be a fucked up change to zerkers because some will just respec to 2handed and blow ur mind out for 1500+ dam in frenzy, so u will have even higher damage-hits.. however it will be less dam over time but its not like it matters..

hint, FIX THE F*CKING QUICKNESS/HASTE SYSTEM U M0f0 RETARD YANKS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¨

K

katt!

Originally posted by klavrynd
go fondle your "trainer" for another leather robe imo

he wont give me new ones :/ i even offered him my stick

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Yep... "Retards", spelled s-c-r-e-e-n-s-h-o-t-s.
I agree! And that's "agree", spelled s-t-f-u-p-l-z-k

oicuc? thats spelled o-i-c-u-†-4-ever-hasuboi ~~

A

Arnor

anyone else wanna take pot-shots at the wrong target? please shoot here:

X

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Jenna.
oicuc? thats spelled o-i-c-u-†-4-ever-hasuboi ~~

I'm sure that's hilarious, whatever the fuck it means.

Arnor: Mythic nerfs by population and possibly RP-earnings. You must recognise that, while people were (and always will be) happy to trust anything that supports their argument without actually checking it, this makes little difference. Whyever they whine, Mythic will nerf according to whine volume, nothing else. Waterman is hardly to blame for zerkers being nerfed. High-RR troll zerkers with minimum qui, if anything, are to blame.

Basically, you guys got smite-clericed. Overpowered for far too long before Mythic did something about it, so the nerf just stings more when it lands. I feel for you, just as I will feel for any old-skool non-FOTM manachanter when THEY eventually catch the nerfgrenade :p

A

Arnor

BULLSEYE landshark!! 10pts ^^

(ok, not really, but I just had to say that :p)

thing is, yes we gettin ze nerfbat, yes we deserved it and all that, this was ONLY to get some of the less retarded morons to understand that they shouldnt trust anything they find on the net that agrees with theyr PoV.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by... well, take your pick really...
:mgwhore2:

. : ' ` . ' . .
' . , ' X . ; ' .
' . . ' ' . ` .
. : ' ` .. ' ` ,

O

old.tuppe

1.62 Delayed. And Hello, By The Way
from Sanya Thomas
2003-05-27 14:36:14

Hey, everyone. The yellow ball in the sky isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I'm back under my rock. I'm just now wading through two weeks of your love letters and advice, so please, I beg patience for those of you with urgent issues. I missed you!

But the real reason for my post is to let you know that the long awaited 1.62 patch needs a little more waiting - we're still talking with our testers and team leads, and making adjustments. We expect to have it live early next week, and I thank you for your patience and for all the feedback you've sent regarding this patch.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hope this mean they wake up from sleep, and start self look how laxe really works, dont trusting some bs they are feeded.

K

klavrynd

they're adding more love to the enchanter to justify the "hibernia love" patch

O

old.m0000

i dont get how u need to prove shit like this, its like wtf they have the formulas, they put them in why cant they work it out for themselves - and if they did it would be a damn site more accurate than some twat with 100 math errors in his document doing his sums based on guesswork.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Emma

does that mean mid 2h will get nurfed also. because ive seen many screenies of zerkers breaking 1.5k dmg with a 2h weapon.

Important point - TWO HANDED WEAPON

big, slow, two handed weapon....

Myself I'm all for them changing LA to not swing every round and do 100% damage :)

have DW! have a blast.

And for the record I wasn't waving Waterman's stylesheet at anyone :) the growth rates were scary enough ;)

And I've been told that Mythic test things on 10000 hp monsters to see what sort of damage people are putting out over time... all they needed to do was put end regen on a zerker and test = ridiculous damage.

And it's not just the 35 quickness ones - zerkers that hit for 400 damage at capped swingspeed are pretty much overpowered too ;)

A

Arnor

And it's not just the 35 quickness ones - zerkers that hit for 400 damage at capped swingspeed are pretty much overpowered too :)

<looks away quickly>

I

iziz

Originally posted by Arnor2
Thanks mate for summing up what this thread was all about :great:

oh I'm sorry - and there was me thinking that it was a thread about how the damage of the unstyled off hand weapon was based on the weaponskill of the left axe skill, which therefore means that zerkers weren't quite as uber as they were made out to be.

So how about I recap...

1. Pre level 30ish (depending on weapon speeds used) LA/CD/DW, CD/DW is a little bit more powerful than LA.
2. Due to the advantage of the LA haste effect, post level 30ish (depending on weapon speeds used) LA is a little bit more powerful than CD/DW.
3. Because the off hand weapon is unstyled in all 3 lines the difference in damage will be very little between them. As a result the real unstyled damage figures will be of little difference to what waterman posted.

Now let's look at the two classes who spec LA... the SB and the zerker.

The zerker doesn't have a problem at all... many spec 50 weapon 50 LA and therefore the figures waterman used were exactly right. I still have yet to see someone post that they use less than 30 LA (assuming they spec the dual wielding line).

The SB... I'm pretty damn sure myself, that they specced it for the styles (whoever brought it up), rather than to increase the damage of their unstyled off hand weapon... but that was the point being made. It's only their off hand unstyled weapon that's affected by this. I also still await a significant proportion of shadow zerkers or 5-spec SBs that haven't specced over, or at least close to 30 LA. Therefore their overall unstyled damage is higher than that of CD/DW.

So now we come to why LA was nerfed. The two lines are still very comparable despite this new info that the unstyled damage of the off hand weapon is based on the LA skill... but yet the style damage has double the growth rate.

LA users have no argument here, there is none.
the end.

G

Gekul

Originally posted by iziz
3. Because the off hand weapon is unstyled in all 3 lines the difference in damage will be very little between them. As a result the real unstyled damage figures will be of little difference to what waterman posted.

Now let's look at the two classes who spec LA... the SB and the zerker.

The zerker doesn't have a problem at all... many spec 50 weapon 50 LA and therefore the figures waterman used were exactly right. I still have yet to see someone post that they use less than 30 LA (assuming they spec the dual wielding line).

The SB... I'm pretty damn sure myself, that they specced it for the styles (whoever brought it up), rather than to increase the damage of their unstyled off hand weapon... but that was the point being made. It's only their off hand unstyled weapon that's affected by this. I also still await a significant proportion of shadow zerkers or 5-spec SBs that haven't specced over, or at least close to 30 LA. Therefore their overall unstyled damage is higher than that of CD/DW.

So now we come to why LA was nerfed. The two lines are still very comparable despite this new info that the unstyled damage of the off hand weapon is based on the LA skill... but yet the style damage has double the growth rate.

LA users have no argument here, there is none.
the end.

My offhand with low left axe spec will not hit often, as the weaponskill comes from the LA spec. CD/DW the weapon skill comes from your base skill so the chance of the offhand hitting when it swings is a lot higher. Of course this will change the dps.

Zerkers will undoubtedly spec 50 left axe, so this affect will make little difference.
At the moment a significant number of shadowblades spec LA high (sacrificing our other lines remember - you are speaking as though all shadowblades get 39 LA for free).
So, when the nerf hits, many will want to spec out of it, as we won't be using any of the styles (much like CD/DW users). We now have low LA, our weapons swing for 60% of base damage - the offhand probably doesn't even hit. Our CS styles (which all assassins have) are applied to 60% of what the CD/DW users are applied to, and our offhand hardly ever hits with such a low spec (the offhand is supposed to make up the damage the mainhand loses).
The style multiplier on paper has double the growth rate, in the best case scenario it is actually 80% of what you see (because of lower base damage).
LA users try to tell people our base damage is low, we are told the offhand swings every time - the fact that the offhand doesn't hit seems unimportant.

S

svartmetall

Argh...I just started a Zerker, thinking "this could be fun"...now I read this thread and my brain hurts.

Fuck it...50 LA and 50 Hammer, let's see what happens.

O

old.LandShark

You'll be sickeningly damaging until GOA translate 1.62, at which point you'll be wondering why you hit like a merc.

edit: how many people will bite me if I ammend that to "two mercs" ? ;)

K

katt!

Originally posted by Gekul
My offhand with low left axe spec will not hit often, as the weaponskill comes from the LA spec.

"39"

"low"

"fucking stupid"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom