Football Rant

Marc

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
appreciating the skill (that's real physical skill, not the virtual "skill" I hear some muppets talk about in a computer game :p)

haha watch all the irc pricks and fanboys start crying over on the RvR section.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
Well i have to say when i went to my first game at the age of 11 i did not know what innuendo was so that cant be the reason why i love football.
It has more to do with the fact that the atmosphere and the tention as your team holds onto a lead in the 90th minute as the other team attack really gets you addicted.
Maybe, maybe not. Listening to the commentary sometimes can be like listening to a bad "carry on" movie at times.

As for the teams bit, well, I honestly don't see the point. I mean (and here's the weird bit) i'm rugby person. I'll watch it, but not pick sides, enjoy the game, but not get hooked up on the whole "my team vs your team" bit. I watch it because it aggresive fun with none of the touchy feely crap involved (For example, tapping a football player and him hitting the deck in agony) if they have an injury, you know why he's got one.

I know all the similarities and the differences between the two sports so don't bother ranting about that. What i'm trying to et acros is, i understand WHY rugby is popular, as it's as close to all out combat without turning into wrestling (don't get me started on that), yet I can't understand why everyone says football is superior to other sports. The gay annalogy bit was to just get the debate going (admit it, it did work), now I need an explenation as to WHY it's the better sport, if that makes sence.

Marc

FH is my second home
i take it that its rugby union that you watch. Now that is a game watched and played by puffs

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
yet I can't understand why everyone says football is superior to other sports... now I need an explenation as to WHY it's the better sport, if that makes sence.

As I see it you are the only one saying one sport is "better" than another (hmm except perhaps to say that women's football is crap - but that's a fact not an opinion :D ). Most of us are merely saying why we have a passion for football. Not that we need to explain it of course - you either do or you don't. It's the rest of you who seem to have a problem with our passion ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Bracken said:
As I see it you are the only one saying one sport is "better" than another (hmm except perhaps to say that women's football is crap - but that's a fact not an opinion :D ). Most of us are merely saying why we have a passion for football. Not that we need to explain it of course - you either do or you don't. It's the rest of you who seem to have a problem with our passion ;)

He said it.

I have never said i think football is bigger than rugby its just football was the game i was taken to see as a kid and i now have a passion for.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
Nope, saying it's filled with so much gay analogy. Actually, the problem is that no-ne can realy say what the appeal of the game is (well, with the exception of the women I asked, little tarts, they LOVE it). And yet people with defend the sprt with all there mind, body and soul (going so far as to explain the offside rule). Some of the comments acually sound like sexual innuendo (inside the box, outside the box, straight pass the the left, tackle etc).

Maybe thats the reason it's so populare.

As for the tiddywinks bit, I respond with an EH?
Why would we need to defend that we like the sport?

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
I like to watch football.

I also like to watch ladies beach volleyball.

But I watch them for different reasons.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Binky the Bomb said:
Maybe, maybe not. Listening to the commentary sometimes can be like listening to a bad "carry on" movie at times.

As for the teams bit, well, I honestly don't see the point. I mean (and here's the weird bit) i'm rugby person. I'll watch it, but not pick sides, enjoy the game, but not get hooked up on the whole "my team vs your team" bit. I watch it because it aggresive fun with none of the touchy feely crap involved (For example, tapping a football player and him hitting the deck in agony) if they have an injury, you know why he's got one.

I know all the similarities and the differences between the two sports so don't bother ranting about that. What i'm trying to et acros is, i understand WHY rugby is popular, as it's as close to all out combat without turning into wrestling (don't get me started on that), yet I can't understand why everyone says football is superior to other sports. The gay annalogy bit was to just get the debate going (admit it, it did work), now I need an explenation as to WHY it's the better sport, if that makes sence.

People have different oppinions on which sport they like the most

Theres no point you posting on this forum that rant calling anyone who likes football a homosexual. It just shows your own lack of understanding or williningness to try. Personly i dislike watching golf, people tell me its a great sport but i admit i don't understand about it and therefore don't see the atraction to it :p

I wouldn't say football is superior than other sports,i'd just say its a popular sport with meny supporters :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
meh i aint one for football but i dont dislike it.

tbh i far preffer football supporters to goth fags that hate life and hate people that like football, because they basicly wish they could go out into the sunlight and watch the game, instead they sit listening 2 songs about satan and how the worlds so fucked up then hang themselves for there younger brother 2 find - NAKED!

footballs a game of skill, strategy and practise - its entertaining and always will be.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Theres no point you posting on this forum that rant calling anyone who likes football a homosexual.
Didn't say they were, but you do have a point with the rest. Seems to me though that it's an odd sport to get obseced about. Mind you, makes me wonder if it is indeed a sport, considering all the money being thrown about (A million quid for someone to kick a ball).

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
tbh i far preffer football supporters to goth fags that hate life and hate people that like football, because they basicly wish they could go out into the sunlight and watch the game, instead they sit listening 2 songs about satan and how the worlds so fucked up then hang themselves for there younger brother 2 find - NAKED!

wow, that doesn't sound like something you've experienced.
people can help you through this.

and not everyone that dislikes football is a goth.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Binky the Bomb said:
Didn't say they were, but you do have a point with the rest. Seems to me though that it's an odd sport to get obseced about. Mind you, makes me wonder if it is indeed a sport, considering all the money being thrown about (A million quid for someone to kick a ball).

Football involves so much more than just kicking a ball.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
been off work all week. missed all this and some of the laughable comments are too far back to bother with now. :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Liverpool game last night was another reason football is liked around the world just the memories and emotions that were involved before kick off were amazing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get." -Forrest Gump

*grin*

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Binky the Bomb said:

I guess you could say the same about most sports, theres money to be made with almost all sports, football is just the top of the rich list here :) (if you read the sports news..the chelsea manager is signing a new 3 year contract...5.2 million a year)

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
The Liverpool game last night was another reason football is liked around the world just the memories and emotions that were involved before kick off were amazing.

took the scouse twats a re-match and 20 years to apologise for it tho didn't it

soze

I am a FH squatter
Time for a bump of this thread.

Chelsea spent 200mil in the last two seasons, dose that mean they bough the title?

Arsenal Man U FA Cup Final, Nak are you worried with your current form?

Everton, Champions League Oo

Discus ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
MMO players who like sports?! SHAAAAAME on you! You give geeks all over the world a bad name! I don't know any of you! Bah!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
As a Scouser myself (well not really you've got to be born in the city centre for that title ,I was born in Cornwall) I must be the only person in Liverpool who hasn't been to a single football match..not one..ever.

It really does sadden me when you meet groups of guys whose whole life, every breathing moment is consumed by football, they talk of NOTHING else, their mood is dictated by their teams latest results.
If you bring up any other subject they all look at you like you are some kinda posh nancy boy freak.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
Time for a bump of this thread.

Chelsea spent 200mil in the last two seasons, dose that mean they bough the title?

Arsenal Man U FA Cup Final, Nak are you worried with your current form?

Everton, Champions League Oo

Discus

Chelsea didn't buy the title anymore than Man U and Arsenal have over the years. You've still got to mould a team and get them playing - and let's face it, of the players they bought how many were known as world class players before they arrived? I'd say Mourinho has bought in good players and on the whole made them better. This season they've been the most consistent team by a stretch.

As for the FA Cup final, I got a feeling Arsenal have peaked too soon recently - seen many times the form book go out of the window. My guess is Man U will win the FA Cup and Milan will win European Cup - though I hope I'm wrong in both :p (sorry Nak ;) )

As for Everton - they gave the best all round team performance I've seen at Villa park this year. Totally deserve to be in Champions League - though not sure they'll get very far unless they get a good draw. In my book Moyes deserves manager of the year award.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
If you bring up any other subject they all look at you like you are some kinda posh nancy boy freak.

I'm trying really hard to see what's wrong with that reaction, I really am...I just..don't see the problem...

:D

Marc

FH is my second home
I think Man u, will win the FA cup.

As for Everton, i just hope we get past the qualifiers. However, if we do, we are guaranteed a rock hard group as we wont be seeded :(. However, with a midfield boasting, carsley, cahill, emre, van de mayde and Arteta, things are looking up!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Aresenal i would not say have peaked too soon as we are just back in the form we played with all last year, The cup final will be very interesting this year imo.

As for everton they fully deserve 4th place and yes Moyes Muriniho should get joint manager of the season. Only worry would be that Chaqmps Leauge could be abit out of there leauge but with what Moyes has done this year, it would not suprise me to see him build a team capable of holding there own the the qualifiers.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
However, with a midfield boasting, carsley, cahill, emre, van de mayde and Arteta, things are looking up!

You've been playing FM too much - I'll believe you've got Emre and Van Der Meyde when I see them in the shirt :p

Cahill's surprised me this season - made the step up from Millwall no sweat and looked a class act when I saw him play.

Marc

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
You've been playing FM too much - I'll believe you've got Emre and Van Der Meyde when I see them in the shirt :p

Cahill's surprised me this season - made the step up from Millwall no sweat and looked a class act when I saw him play.

pfft my midfield at everton on FM is, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Ben Arfur, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Freddy Adu and Kaka

Saw in the paper this week, Bellamy to Villa ROFL.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Have to add this..

HAHA, MUFC just got pwnd - Some dude just brought 70% of the team and now own them :p Now one likes it..

Anyway, time to turn the news off.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Love the way that the bottom of the league is decided in the last game :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
I guess you could say the same about most sports, theres money to be made with almost all sports, football is just the top of the rich list here :) (if you read the sports news..the chelsea manager is signing a new 3 year contract...5.2 million a year)

You seen how much baseball stars gets paid in the USA :eek:

I think a couple are on more than 100 grand a week :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom