Football Rant

soze

I am a FH squatter
Taobitz said:
sorry but disagree. wenger sent team out to score goals. Pires Bergkamp reyes. That was the best attacking options available to him, then to took fabregas (cant spell their names:p) off and put on ljunberg.. who is more attacking. then van persie came on.. they were tryin to score goals but united werent letting them.. united had the whole team back defending everytime arsenal attacked.. they couldnt break united down imo.
Reyes was a disgrace aswell he went down cryin when he hardly got hit at one point was a joke.. i know ronaldo often does it but on todays performance he didnt. (did go over over the odd time rather easily though) but compared to reyes....
They were tryin to play 4-3-3 like united was...

Arsenal best attacking line up was not the one on the pitch today.

the best line up would have been VPersie up front and bergkamp behind him with the 4 in the middle like we always play. And on the bench we had lujenberg probable out best RM.

Man U played bloddy well but dont think that if we had played our normal style we would not have had alot more shoots on target. At no point were there 3 arsenal players in the attacj right up front unless you include Cloe or Lauren. We played a 4-5-1 and that hurt us attacking so maybe like cole and viera said arsenal were playing for the draw but i would like to think not.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
why are you bringing 7-0 into this, i was talking about the FA cup final. ARsenal were shite, garbage in fact. United showed them for what they are. A one man team who can only play when Henry plays. Oh well, champs league for u next year, time for you to get humiliated by second rate european teams that happens every year.

read back in the thread abit and see how many goals arsenal have scored with out henry today arsenal did play shit and on to that man u playing well and if Van Nis did not try and show off the game would have been theres. And dont slag off arsenal in europe untill you have enve qualified. And if a second rate team like arsenal can destroy you 7-0 then what are real madrid barcelona gonna do to everton?

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
lujenberg wasnt on because he wasnt match fit.. even i know that :eek: you had ur best attack on imo.. vperise is good but bergkamp is better on his day. as i said earlier united didnt let arsenal play.. why would u play for a draw in a cup final its stupid tbh.. surely if ur playing for a draw u bring on defensive minded player and bring attacking ones on, such as wenger done.

Were both baised so the debate will never end.. Well done Arsenal even though u didnt deserve it with one chance on target in 120mins of football... and yes RVN should of put that chance away.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Taobitz said:
lujenberg wasnt on because he wasnt match fit.. even i know that :eek: you had ur best attack on imo.. vperise is good but bergkamp is better on his day. as i said earlier united didnt let arsenal play.. why would u play for a draw in a cup final its stupid tbh.. surely if ur playing for a draw u bring on defensive minded player and bring attacking ones on, such as wenger done.

Were both baised so the debate will never end.. Well done Arsenal even though u didnt deserve it with one chance on target in 120mins of football... and yes RVN should of put that chance away.

Im agreeing with you that man u were the better team but all i am saying is that 4-5-1 is not our best team, 4-4-2 well more like 4-4-1-1 is which is why the team i saw today looked very defeatist. Even the Sky comentator said the first blood was man u's because of arsenals tactics. And yes lujenberg was only good for 70 mins according to wenger so for me it should have been the first 70.

But Man U would have been very worthy winners today and i though Ronaldo prolly had his best game in a Man U shirt (from the ones ive seen)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Taobitz said:
evil evil man... :touch:

I know...I almost feel guilty. It's just when I see things like the Man U fans (with southern accents) doing their RIP Man U bit, and coming on saying the club is dead in their eyes because Glazier's taken over I'm like wtf? You support your club whoever owns it - what's this RIP crap about? I mean ffs, we've had Doug Ellis for over 20 years but there's never any talk of us being finished with the club. And then when the club finishes 3rd in the Prem and reaches a cup final but when the players do the end of season lap in the last home game all the fans have left? Bloody glory hunters the lot of them...

Feel sorry for Nak though, he always comes across as a genuine fan :fluffle:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Marc said:
the ref was shite. How on earth he managed to leave reyes on the field until 1 minute before the end is beyond me. He should have gone 30 mins before. PLus man u should have had 2 penalties and that goal wasnt even offside

If the Game had been at Old Trafford then all those things would have happened. Would agree with the goal but not the two pens. Ricocheting into an arm is not controlling it or intentional so no pen imo.

Arsenal did not play well and were very poor up front until Van P came on and caused a few problems. very lucky to survive the 120 mins of football.

The thing that spoilt it most was the constant diving and theatricals by Ronaldo and Reyes both should have been sent off imo. Ronaldo needs a few proper tackles so he knows what one actually feels like. Anyone gets near and he jumps and does the dying swan dive. Hardly ever is any actual contact made. Reyes is just as bad. What is it with the Southern European poofs that dive and cheat all the time. No honour at all :m00:

If I were a Man Utd supporter I would be gutted after that performance. They did dominate for much of the game but could not convert that into goals.

Luckily I'm a Gunners fan so I got drunk and celebrated instead :) :drink:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
I know...I almost feel guilty. It's just when I see things like the Man U fans (with southern accents) doing their RIP Man U bit, and coming on saying the club is dead in their eyes because Glazier's taken over I'm like wtf? You support your club whoever owns it - what's this RIP crap about? I mean ffs, we've had Doug Ellis for over 20 years but there's never any talk of us being finished with the club. And then when the club finishes 3rd in the Prem and reaches a cup final but when the players do the end of season lap in the last home game all the fans have left? Bloody glory hunters the lot of them...

Feel sorry for Nak though, he always comes across as a genuine fan :fluffle:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well put!

Marc

FH is my second home
I didnt see Ronaldo dive or fall over once. Reyes and Lauren kept on chopppin him down cos they couldnt handle him.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
I didnt see Ronaldo dive or fall over once. Reyes and Lauren kept on chopppin him down cos they couldnt handle him.

He was as bad as anyone the smallest touch and he was on his arse. And what about Rooney falling over in the box twice in five minutes?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Marc said:

Was watching SuperSports telecast of it and they showed a few of the 'tackles' in slow mo as the commentators picked out Reyes and Ronaldo for unsportsman like behaviour. In both cases the they went down far too easily. Ronaldo at one point jumped clear from an impending tackle, no contact whatsoever then goes down clutching his shin like he's been hit.

The South African commentators basically said he was cheat and a bad example to the kids. Reyes was pretty much the same. It really is a pity as both players are very talented and don't really need to cheat. It seems to be an endemic part of football these days and the game is all the poorer for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom