Football Rant

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Totally flawed argument. You do realise that one necessary attribute of any sportsman competing at the top level (be it Football, RUgby league, Tennis, moto x, ice hockey) is confidence. A person who lacks this will never ever make it. Simple as. A lot of jealous people misinterpret it as arrogance.

Yes because a guy running arround a flat peice of grass with 70,000 people watching must take huge balls compared to guy who hikes solo into the mountains for 3 days, climbs a few thousand or so feet un aided then hikes 3 days back to his car.

god forbid the footballer might twist his ankle, who whould call in the ambulance? :m00:

Marc

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
Yes because a guy running arround a flat peice of grass with 70,000 people watching must take huge balls compared to guy who hikes solo into the mountains for 3 days, climbs a few thousand or so feet un aided then hikes 3 days back to his car.

god forbid the footballer might twist his ankle, who whould call in the ambulance? :m00:

lol. You really dont have a clue do you. I can tell you dont play team sports. Having "balls" doesnt necessary mean having confidence. Bravery and confidence are 2 seperate things. To be perefectly honest, there is more pressure in competing in a cup final, broadcast to billions of people around the world than there is fannying about trying to be like spiderman. Especially when the rewards are so big.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
It's "drift", not "current". Bloody foreigners...not from round 'ere are ya?

Like that you mean?

:D

Hehe, yeah. Though you english, kilt wearing, guinness sippers amaze me sometimes on how subtle your hatred towards anything not from your island is :p

No, you're all cool, just a bit footie over soccer :D

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
lol. You really dont have a clue do you. I can tell you dont play team sports. Having "balls" doesnt necessary mean having confidence. Bravery and confidence are 2 seperate things. To be perefectly honest, there is more pressure in competing in a cup final, broadcast to billions of people around the world than there is fannying about trying to be like spiderman. Especially when the rewards are so big.

Yes I have no clue but you already know this, yet you choose to argue with me anyway. Do you always choose to argue with clueless people ? ;)

I already told you i dont play team sports, your smart enough to be a footballer do you play by chance? :flame:

Aron Ralston owns (insert any footballer) and so does Tony Hawk \o/ and in my infinite arrogance your not going to change my mind :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Mojo said:

You can't really diss a footballer for this reason
If someone offered me £30000 to kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes i wouldn't turn it down

Marc

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
Yes I have no clue but you already know this, yet you choose to argue with me anyway. Do you always choose to argue with clueless people ? ;)

I already told you i dont play team sports, your smart enough to be a footballer do you play by chance? :flame:

Aron Ralston owns (insert any footballer) and so does Tony Hawk \o/ and in my infinite arrogance your not going to change my mind :)

i dont even know who Aron Ralston and Tony Hawk are so i cannot comment.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Bubble said:
If someone offered me £30000 to kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes i wouldn't turn it down

Its not that easy you have to train 3 times a week too!

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

I never dissed footballers, i just don't think they deserve to be on the pedestals that people put them on, cos IMO they aint that great and they aint that special. I see everyday people who I beleive out shine footballers in almost every apsect (aside for fame, earnings and fanbase). I admire different people for different reasons, so what. I don't admire pop stars either :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Football is a great game to watch, but only if you are concerned about the outcome, cos I don't give a rats ass who wins or loses I don't bother with it.

Footie is for the masses
'Let me see out of the thousands of sporting pursuits I could watch or participate in..hmm??'

'I'll think I'll go for the one every single other fucker I know follows...footie!!!'

:m00:

Have you noticed the less complicated the pastime, the more people follow it.
Football
Golf
Fishing
If you dare tell any follower of the above, they will reel in shock and spout off how much strategy and thought has to go in them.

Oh fuk off.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Job said:
Football
Golf
Fishing
If you dare tell any follower of the above, they will reel in shock and spout off how much strategy and thought has to go in them.

Oh fuk off.

Like....playing massives? :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Marc said:
i dont even know who Aron Ralston and Tony Hawk are so i cannot comment.

Tony Hawk is a skateboarder last time I played my PS2 oO

Marc

FH is my second home
skateboarding aint even a sport. Its a past time for little kids whos vocabulary stretches to "dude" "whoah" and "awesome".

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
skateboarding aint even a sport. Its a past time for little kids whos vocabulary stretches to "dude" "whoah" and "awesome".

but football is for the oh so eloquent players like david beckham who struggle to string a sentence together?

skateboarding is, by definition, a sport.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Job said:
Football is a great game to watch, but only if you are concerned about the outcome, cos I don't give a rats ass who wins or loses I don't bother with it.

Footie is for the masses
'Let me see out of the thousands of sporting pursuits I could watch or participate in..hmm??'

'I'll think I'll go for the one every single other fucker I know follows...footie!!!'

:m00:

Football
Golf
Fishing

Oh fuk off.

No offence but if football was not a game of strategy why would they bother paying millions for a better manager.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:

Don't make a jackass of yourself anymore than you already have
How can you ask people to respect your sport when you clearly don't respect there.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
No offence but if football was not a game of strategy why would they bother paying millions for a better manager.

because they are idiots? :m00:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
What you have basically said is you dont understand football so any one that dose must obviously be gay?
Nope, saying it's filled with so much gay analogy. Actually, the problem is that no-ne can realy say what the appeal of the game is (well, with the exception of the women I asked, little tarts, they LOVE it). And yet people with defend the sprt with all there mind, body and soul (going so far as to explain the offside rule). Some of the comments acually sound like sexual innuendo (inside the box, outside the box, straight pass the the left, tackle etc).

Maybe thats the reason it's so populare.

As for the tiddywinks bit, I respond with an EH?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Binky the Bomb said:
Nope, saying it's filled with so much gay analogy. Actually, the problem is that no-ne can realy say what the appeal of the game is (well, with the exception of the women I asked, little tarts, they LOVE it). And yet people with defend the sprt with all there mind, body and soul (going so far as to explain the offside rule). Some of the comments acually sound like sexual innuendo (inside the box, outside the box, straight pass the the left, tackle etc).

Well i have to say when i went to my first game at the age of 11 i did not know what innuendo was so that cant be the reason why i love football.
It has more to do with the fact that the atmosphere and the tention as your team holds onto a lead in the 90th minute as the other team attack really gets you addicted.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Binky the Bomb said:

Someone has issues tbh :p
The Appeal of football is the same as the appeal of most* sports but i'll name a few- entertainment, excitement, Anticipation.
I'll explain why i like football (The words 'Like' not totaly insane and controlled by)
My mother was a Tottenham fan, living very close to Whitehart lane and also living next door to one of the players (Oh she also fancied Danny Blanchflower when she was young ;p) so at the age of 4 i was given a tottenham shirt for my birthday...(I'm pretty sure i wasn't giving the Shirt because of some homosexual reason lol). I follow the team and call myself a supporter but don't go to matchs or watch meny games due to not living in london and/or not having sky sports. I watch then in Pubs if they are on TV while i'm there and cheer for them.

* (i was going to say 'All' but then i thought about some of the 'sports' i watch for a very difficult reason :p)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
Better manager better tactics end of story really.

lol u asked y they would pay millions for a new manager, not why get a new manager.
Get a new manager for better tactics sure. but pay millions for a new manager is just because they are idiots imo.
football is fine etc in small friendly leagues, or hell just kicking a ball around with ur mates etc the reason i detest it is because of all the money being spent on people who kick a ball around a field for abit every so often.
just think of what could be done with the money to try and better the world and help people if Pro football didnt exist... altho if that was the case i have no doubts all the money would get poured into something equally as pointless as i find it to be. :(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Just a quick question :p
Do you guys like/watch WWF?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Lakashnik said:
lol u asked y they would pay millions for a new manager, not why get a new manager.
Get a new manager for better tactics sure. but pay millions for a new manager is just because they are idiots imo.
football is fine etc in small friendly leagues, or hell just kicking a ball around with ur mates etc the reason i detest it is because of all the money being spent on people who kick a ball around a field for abit every so often.
just think of what could be done with the money to try and better the world and help people if Pro football didnt exist... altho if that was the case i have no doubts all the money would get poured into something equally as pointless as i find it to be. :(

If the premier leauge did not exist you would pay less for sky sports as sky would not pay to show it. If i did not go to Arsenal games the money again would stay in my pocket so would not help any one anywhere ;)

And yes to get a Murinho a Ferguson or a Wenger you have to pay millions and as those are the top three teams in the leauge they get money for position, more television money, european football money ect so the millions spent on a manager is well worth it.

I see your point about the money in football being silly but then i just take a look at american football and think atleast its not that bad yet.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Easy tiger, what's with calling me a "tard" ? If you're gonna flame atleast do it with a little more class :touch:

hehe i was a bit drunk and i couldnt be bothered 2 go back and read your name :<

didnt mean it :fluffle:

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:

That's like saying all footballers are gay burberry wearing reatrds......oh wait :p

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

Didnt they change the name to WWE cos the World Wildlife Foundation won their court case?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
speaking as a laaaaay-deee i personally hate football, football has done nothing to me to make me feel this way i just dont understand it, dont want to understand it and i hate the players most of them act like total chavs (just imo mind you) they dont seem to be setting good role modles for the kids and that is (to my mind) irrisponsible.

However another thing that makes me hate it (and one team in particular) is that when ever you see young gals on tv they always say
"ooh yeah i love football!!" .....
what team do you support?
"Man United!!"
where do you live?
"the channel islands"
can you explain the rules?
"ummm no"
name any players....... aside from rooney, beckham and owen
"Ummm no"
ooook

its that whole "gotta love football to be cool" thing that pisses me off, people get really hot under the collar about it and take the whole thing way too seriosuly (bit like some video games i guess, which also bugs me) a game imo is there to be enjoyed, so if you enjoy it good for you... if you dont, ignore it and if your just saying you like it to get a snog off the boy that sits next to you in maths, GET A SODDING LIFE!!!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Bubble said:

Use to watch it a few years back, see it once every 4-5 months now... Is funny, it's all ballet with steroids.
Not really something to pay attention to though.

I suppose it could be considered any sport with men running around and other guys watching it could be considered homosexual, but I dont think people really see it that way..

Ezteq said:
"ooh yeah i love football!!" .....
what team do you support?
"Man United!!"
where do you live?
"the channel islands"
can you explain the rules?
"ummm no"
name any players....... aside from rooney, beckham and owen
"Ummm no"
ooook

I hear that all the time actually. I laugh at them. it IS; like the sport to be cool.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i dont see why they need 2 be wonderfull role models. I remember seeing loads of bad press about roonys bad language because he was isnpiring council estate kids to talk like him.

ok i can see the logic there but why does he use that language in the 1st place? surely thats where you should look if you actualy care. Its just newpapers making a story by using a name.

If you think about it in general all pro-footballers are good examples for kids. They all set their sights on something and worked their absolute asses off training and imercing (sp?) themselves in it to acheve it.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Hehe, yeah. Though you english, kilt wearing, guinness sippers amaze me sometimes on how subtle your hatred towards anything not from your island is

My missus is Belgian ;)

Lots of people missing the point about why people watch football. It's nothing to do with "idolising" footballers - most real fans appreciate high quality, committed players but don't "idolise" them as people. We ain't that stupid ;) It's something that you grow up with, that's part of your life from a very early age - the first match I saw was aged 6 Villa against Liverpool. It's about the atmosphere of a live game - 42000 people inside a stadium all roaring the teams on makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. It's about watching a team of people work together as a unit and appreciating the skill (that's real physical skill, not the virtual "skill" I hear some muppets talk about in a computer game :p) and dedication of individual players.

A good example is my partner. She said she hated football and would never be converted. Eventually pursuaded her to come to Villa Park to see a live game. First game of the season, 42000 full house, great atmosphere. After experiencing that she has come to every game since. As do hundreds of thousands of people each week. And the funny thing is we ain't all mindless muppets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom