Football: Chel$ki vs Liverpool

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Was really close seen over two matches tbh.. Kinda feel sorry for Chelsea..

(NOT!)

Just hoping for a draw or a Man u win tomorrow and we'll all be laughing :)

EDIT:

Wonk said:
ps: Gravgaard for statsminister \0/

QFT!!

Ps: Mesterskab på lørdag? - JA TAK! ;)

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Going out on penaltys is the worst way to lose, anyone who is English knows that.. but sorry Chelsea fans that was soo fucking vindicatingly sweet. All the arrogance, all the quardrouple talk, all the bullshit thrown by Mourihno... FACE!! Pretty funny post match interview with Mourihno the interviewer was constantly throwing out the bait for him to have a good rant. Especially asking him about a non existant Kuyt foul on Kalou that wasnt interfering with play what so ever... subtle. Quite funny that he thought Chelsea were the better team on the night as well with Liverpool dominating first and second half possession, hitting the bar and having Kuyts goal very very questionably disallowed in extra time. Will be a real shame and a really stupid thing to do if they get rid of Mourihno, but part of me would love to see them sack him, bring in Erikson and win nothing for 2 years, Abramovich get bored and sell the club with huge debt and 7 years down the line be in a very similar situation to Leeds now xP. Would be Ironic.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Think losing J.Cole done more damage to your season then anything else. That combined with not giving Wright-Phillips the chance he deserved. Without J.Cole the attacking will of the team seemed non-existant alot and without that Chelsea just looked like Wigan. Defend, defend, defend, scrappy goal, defend, Chelsea win!

Ok a little harsh that, but in general that what I thought, very little exciting football without goal. Even Robben isnt in the same league as Cole as he was a run within 3 foot of a player then fall over (mind you Ronaldo was like that now and again so I better not mention it :p )

Without money, I cant see Jose doing alot with the team. Yes Alex will help in the defence area and you mentioned your right back. But what you really need is someone other then sissy boy Drogba up front. He needs someone along side him that can actually get more involved then what Sheva manages to (that said if they can get sheva used to english football then that may not be needed but still need a backup)

Personally i think Kalou is playing well. All he needs is more game time and he'll improve. The style of play this evening was poor though.

Every time it was diagonal long ball to Drogba, cleared by one of the Liverpool back four.

I hope there's some rethinking of tactics during the summer though, something has to change. And i don't mean the manager :p

Himse

FH is my second home
I think Chelsea are playing the wrong players, in the wrong positions.

And giving away decent players. For example, they loaned Carlton Cole to Villa, he was an amazing young forward but got dropped because of all the big bucks players coming in.

Chelsea need some width, they try to just tank through the middle, in both legs you didn't see many wide runs, whereas Liverpool always got width and it poons Chelsea :)

Marc

FH is my second home
The first thing I was taught as a young wippersnapper, was never taunt your opponents. It will only fire them up. SO what does the "worlds greatest manager" Moanrinho do? Calls liverpool a small club. GG Maureen. Then to say Chelsea were the better team. WTF?

End of the day, he lost to possibly one of, if not the, best manager in the world.

Have to admit, I felt sorry for Essien. He is the one Chelsea player I admire. Top drawer player who oozes class, never gave up, and plays the game fairly.

Marc

FH is my second home
I'm not making excuses. Chelsea should've been more up for it and not stuck Essien in defence. He would've dominated midfield :p

If Essien hadnt of played in defense, Chelsea would of conceeded at least a couple of goals. He was immense in defense and totally outplayed the golden boy terry.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If Essien hadnt of played in defense, Chelsea would of conceeded at least a couple of goals. He was immense in defense and totally outplayed the golden boy terry.

Essein was my man of the match imo

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If Man Utd can beat AC Milan tonight I would not mind who we faced.

Unlucky Chelsea, Penalties are gay

Vladamir

FH is my second home

Thats the problem though. If Boulharouz had been played more in 'smaller' games instead of Ricky C & JT week in week out we might've not had this problem. Look at what he did in the home leg against Barcelona. Ronaldinho was virtually non-existant.

But instead he played Essien in defence throughout the injuries to our centre-backs. Without Essien and Ballack (yeah i don't personally rate him but still) a lot of our strength in midfield is gone when we've lost possession.

Oh well :p

Marc

FH is my second home
For me though, the difference was, Chelsea had Terry, Essien and Makele, that would get stuck in. Liverpool had 11 players who wanted to get stuck in. Games like that, you want players who want to get stuck in and win every challenge. Not fancy boys like Robben and Drogba who are more concerened with getting a 10 for artistic impression everytime someone fouls them.

Interesting to note, that Rafa has done in 2 years, what Fergie hasnt done in his entire career, with less money too.

gohan

FH is my second home
Essein was my man of the match imo

mine was caragher ^^ he was immense as always

Interesting to note, that Rafa has done in 2 years, what Fergie hasnt done in his entire career, with less money too.

i assume you mean mourinio as fergie ofc won it in 99 in the treble year.....

btw ^^ mourinio won it with porto the year before he joined chelsea in 2004

Marc

FH is my second home
Yes, i meant reached the final more than once

Marc

FH is my second home
Liverpool chief exec, commenting on Maureens pre match comments...

"I guess when you've invested £500m it's a fantastic season to win the League Cup. He's welcome to his opinions, we care about Liverpool."

Owned

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aye Rick Parry is the man :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive got a ticket for the final if I want it :D

But lol@easyjet

Normally £60 each way, now upto £350 quid each way for the final

Corran

Part of the furniture
Yes, i meant reached the final more than once

But then compare everything else and you see that where Liverpool been strong in European competitions in the past few years, for the past decade Utd have been strong in every domestic competition.

Would always stick with united, they may spend money at times but least they actually bring alot of players through the ranks as well. And if they have a decent player he gets a chance, if he good but not quite utd level they dont hold onto him to spite the player and other teams like chelsea have done with Wrights-Phillips (which is worse as they spend 21million on him then leave him to rot, at least till recent days)

Yes Utd been weak in European competitions at times, but they are always spread through multiple competitions. Often you find clubs like liverpool put all their hopes in Europe. hoping next year though Liverpool become a strong force as well as Utd and Chelsea. it can only be good for english football, just hope they dont do it soley with the new owners cheque book.

Marc

FH is my second home
I knew a united fan would bite!

I know what you mean though, I think a large part of it is that Liverpool are a great cup team. You could argue that Liverpool dont have the squad to compete in all competetions, but then to a certain degree, neither do united, not if you compare it to the players Arse and Chelsea can bring in.

Marc

FH is my second home
Corran, if Liverpools only success is built on the fact they only have one cup to play for, surely united should of done better than the first knockout stage in 2005? Or how about 2004 when united finished 15 points behind Arsenal in the league, and only had the FA cup final to play for, a cup that Fergy already said wasnt arsed about. Again, Surely they should of done better than the first knockout stage? WHat about 2002 A season when united finished 3rd? Surely they should of got to the final, I mean, they only had to play Leverkusen in the semis?

:D

Corran

Part of the furniture
I knew a united fan would bite!

I know what you mean though, I think a large part of it is that Liverpool are a great cup team. You could argue that Liverpool dont have the squad to compete in all competetions, but then to a certain degree, neither do united, not if you compare it to the players Arse and Chelsea can bring in.

Wouldnt call it a bite. More a statement of facts. I actually like Liverpool as a club. So much history there and I actually think it be a real shame when they leave anfield as no stadium be able to replace that atmosphere.

I agree that they are more of a cup side and it does come to team depth. Liverpool really havent got much on the fringe of their team whereas united in general have. That the only reason we got through this defencive nightmare to survive the league. Without the likes of O'shea whom can play anywhere and pop in and out the team we would be in real trouble. Liverpool dont have that quite yet hence they cant compete in the league.

But, I know I am not one of the majority, but I would always put more emphesis on the league then in Europe however it would be nice to have that little bit more success. And as previously said, with this extra money coming to Liverpool I can see them getting a better all round squad (really they only need a couple players that can cover positions more then replacements for current first team) and with that they will indeed become a greater title contender.

And though I may be a massive fan of United, Im actually a bigger fan of football in general and just like to see the game progress.

Corran, if Liverpools only success is built on the fact they only have one cup to play for, surely united should of done better than the first knockout stage in 2005? Or how about 2004 when united finished 15 points behind Arsenal in the league, and only had the FA cup final to play for, a cup that Fergy already said wasnt arsed about. Again, Surely they should of done better than the first knockout stage? WHat about 2002 A season when united finished 3rd? Surely they should of got to the final, I mean, they only had to play Leverkusen in the semis?

:D

Never said all their success comes from focus on one competition, but it aids them. Once they secured the Champs league spot for next year they can rest players etc as has been done recently and that helps. Not to the degree Jose implys though.

Cant explain Utd, but you are talking about a period in which parts the team needed to be rebuilt and only this year has that materialised. But you look at the tactics (Rafa is actually a great tactician) and Liverpool currently are actually more a Europe focused team, with their style of play, then they are a EPL title contender team. But as said above, I like liverpool and you can see their focus slowly going from being a highly focused European team to an all round contender. And that is impressive to watch slowly develop. They got a way to go yet however within a couple years, if they keep their spine of the team, they will be there.

And Utd can easily fall apart in the future. When you look at the fact that Scholes, Giggs, Neville are getting on, and they been instrumental to the team most the season, then you know when they do retire the team could have a few problems getting the right gelling and have a season or two of underperformance. I can see that being the time that Liverpool really shine as soon Chelsea are going to have to be more money minded and not have the unlimited salary levels they have now and lose a few big players.

Marc

FH is my second home
Giggs and Scholes are irreplaceable in my opinion

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Got pub seat reserved in pub in liverpool near my liverpool home to watch match on final day, all else i don't care. And Mourinho is a deluded ass but there's nothing new there, hey wait, Vlad aint f'cked him yet - that's new :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Giggs and Scholes are irreplaceable in my opinion

Aye, I have to agree to that. It is really rare for me to say that about any player, let alone 2 at the same team. There is just no other player like them currently and thats why it will hurt in about 2 years when we lose the pair of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom