[RANT] Fix the fucking WE's!

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
damage add buffs like the BW gets is all.

From what I hear sorc's have a better aoe line, BWs better dot line , both are glass cannons though.

Magus is the utility caster (ala Engineer) i.e. gimped damage for erm... I'm sure there's a reason ;)

1 of the lvl40 Magus in my guild is often top for damage in scenarios,they aint all gimped for dmg.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
1 of the lvl40 Magus in my guild is often top for damage in scenarios,they aint all gimped for dmg.

Yes indeed.

There has been a destro guild group ripping up T2 scenarios on Karak-Hirn recently who run 3 Magus, Shammy, Zealot and a Sorc (plus a few others i have seen, 6-8 of em usually).

It's been basically a farm session, thank god im in T3 again :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Still waving that flag then Svartmetall? :D I remember way back in the day when you first stood up and said no stealth in war on the beta forums.

Yes; the difference being that, unlike Mythic, I never changed my tune.

stealth classes attract more players

I think a fairly strong argument could be made that they piss off a lot more players than they bring. People who like to play invisible backstabbers love stealthers, but by and large I think it's safe to say most other people despise them. As quite a few other people have already said here, the supposed lack of stealth in WAR was a big turn-ON for a lot of people, all of whom were extremely disappointed when Mythic caved in to the gankers.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Yes; the difference being that, unlike Mythic, I never changed my tune.

I think a fairly strong argument could be made that they piss off a lot more players than they bring. People who like to play invisible backstabbers love stealthers, but by and large I think it's safe to say most other people despise them. As quite a few other people have already said here, the supposed lack of stealth in WAR was a big turn-ON for a lot of people, all of whom were extremely disappointed when Mythic caved in to the gankers.

my thoughts exactly

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
More people were pissed off when they made casters unkillable after TOA giving archers no chance of dropping one.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
From what I hear sorc's have a better aoe line, BWs better dot line , both are glass cannons though.

aoe lines are pretty much identical atleast the tooltips on wardb says the spells have the same delve damage, cast times etc. if there is any difference i am open for correction.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Probably only difference is the resists id think.Maybe folk have higher elemental than corp or vice versa etc. But they do seem to be same.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Enfeebling Strike.

You move you die
You stand still you die

tell me how it is not a guaranteed kill

ES won't kill you on it's own unless your half dead allready, stand still it doesn't do damage..you run i start whacking with my rear style which ignores armour thats what kills you not ES,stand still i start whacking you thats what kills you not ES so,i stand by my statement i do not have a dot that gaurentees a kill.
As most people know what ES does now i don't use it much on casters anyway if at all...i use a style from stealth that makes casters damage themselves when they cast.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
ES won't kill you on it's own unless your half dead allready, stand still it doesn't do damage..you run i start whacking with my rear style which ignores armour thats what kills you not ES,stand still i start whacking you thats what kills you not ES so,i stand by my statement i do not have a dot that gaurentees a kill.
As most people know what ES does now i don't use it much on casters anyway if at all...i use a style from stealth that makes casters damage themselves when they cast.

LOL half my HP usually gone by the time the WE is on my screen and Ive got ES on me now I got two choices, I can run away take damage from enfeebling strike while you chuck things at me anmd kill me, or stand still not take dmg from ES and you still whack me and kill me so how is it not a guaranteed kill ?

whatever I do I will die, there is no counter, I can try in vein to cauterize ES off and root/knock you back but really it just inst happening is it ? within 2 skills +GCD im dead regardless.

if you didnt have ES I would stand a chance at survival because I could run away.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
LOL half my HP usually gone by the time the WE is on my screen and Ive got ES on me now I got two choices, I can run away take damage from enfeebling strike while you chuck things at me anmd kill me, or stand still not take dmg from ES and you still whack me and kill me so how is it not a guaranteed kill ?

whatever I do I will die, there is no counter, I can try in vein to cauterize ES off and root/knock you back but really it just inst happening is it ? within 2 skills +GCD im dead regardless.

if you didnt have ES I would stand a chance at survival because I could run away.

I'm sorry to say but it's casters like you that make the easyest kills..you have given up before you even try.As i say there is no gaurantee kill, how about...you get an IB as oathfriend?you stand near a healer?you stand in the middle of your group?
You try to make it look like WE's kill everything they attack unfortunatley that is far from the truth.Many,many times i have attacked casters/healers not killed them but still died in seconds myself from order players.
Why do people assume they should be a killing machine themselves but as soon as someone comes along that can deal with them they start screaming nerf?As a BW you can kill many people before you have your fist death.As a WE i am lucky if i get 1 kill every 3-4mins.How in this world can you call that OP or unfair?How about the fact you can chuck multipe spells at me or anyone for that matter from the saftey of 100ft while they can do nothing about it?your argument is flawed you can't have your cake and eat it.

PS.would like to know where half your health has gone before a WE pops from stealth it must be a new style i've not found.So it's not ES that gaurentees the kill.As i pointed out i rarely use ES on casters..if it was a gaurenteed kill don't you think i would use it 100% of the time?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sorry to say but it's casters like you that make the easyest kills..you have given up before you even try.As i say there is no gaurantee kill, how about...you get an IB as oathfriend?you stand near a healer?you stand in the middle of your group?
You try to make it look like WE's kill everything they attack unfortunatley that is far from the truth.Many,many times i have attacked casters/healers not killed them but still died in seconds myself from order players.
Why do people assume they should be a killing machine themselves but as soon as someone comes along that can deal with them they start screaming nerf?As a BW you can kill many people before you have your fist death.As a WE i am lucky if i get 1 kill every 3-4mins.How in this world can you call that OP or unfair?How about the fact you can chuck multipe spells at me or anyone for that matter from the saftey of 100ft while they can do nothing about it?your argument is flawed you can't have your cake and eat it.

PS.would like to know where half your health has gone before a WE pops from stealth it must be a new style i've not found.So it's not ES that gaurentees the kill.As i pointed out i rarely use ES on casters..if it was a gaurenteed kill don't you think i would use it 100% of the time?

Yep typical WE response lol, my ability to survive your attack is based on whether I have a full team supporting me ?

all of your arguments are covered here

VN Boards - Evaluation of Common Witch Elf Defenses

Its silly, you can defend your WE overpowrredness all you like, and if you are a good WE, having ES or not should not really hinder your ability to kill, only give your opponent chance to survive.

and you can do something about my damage, its called resists. they are handed out freely on pretty much every piece of armour in the game. and if not go by your own rules and get a healer ? :p

about half my HP gone, I can ss my combat log if you would like, in the 4- 5 seconds you come out of stealth and appear on my screen I have usually taken about 3k+ damage and now I cant move or run away.

Its silly to try and defend it, ask anyone who has been killed by a WE its always the same story, I see them appear behind me and I am dead before I can react.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Yep typical WE response lol, my ability to survive your attack is based on whether I have a full team supporting me ?

all of your arguments are covered here

VN Boards - Evaluation of Common Witch Elf Defenses

Its silly, you can defend your WE overpowrredness all you like, and if you are a good WE, having ES or not should not really hinder your ability to kill, only give your opponent chance to survive.

and you can do something about my damage, its called resists. they are handed out freely on pretty much every piece of armour in the game. and if not go by your own rules and get a healer ? :p

about half my HP gone, I can ss my combat log if you would like, in the 4- 5 seconds you come out of stealth and appear on my screen I have usually taken about 3k+ damage and now I cant move or run away.

Its silly to try and defend it, ask anyone who has been killed by a WE its always the same story, I see them appear behind me and I am dead before I can react.

LoL..all i can say to you is ...l2p your toon.You want to be an unkillable killing machine that is totaly invunrable to everything and everyone, because you can be killed you whinge and whine and whine more until you get your way and WE is nerfed.Thats fine with me ..i will continue to tear players like you apart and have great fun in doing so.
I would love to see some of your combat logs...maybe i can help you learn to play your toon.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
LoL..all i can say to you is ...l2p your toon.You want to be an unkillable killing machine that is totaly invunrable to everything and everyone, because you can be killed you whinge and whine and whine more until you get your way and WE is nerfed.Thats fine with me ..i will continue to tear players like you apart and have great fun in doing so.
I would love to see some of your combat logs...maybe i can help you learn to play your toon.

lol dude, I dont need help playing my toon I won face hard in scenario's I dont need some ginky stealth and ES to guarantee me my kills because I can get them from playing well and knowing my enemy.

I dont wanna be unkillable, I want a chance to survive, just like everyone else, just like people cry and bitch about BW's and what happened ? BW got a nerf what you think is gonna happen to the WE's next careers patch ?

you can brag about how you 'tear players apart' but really its not skill its game mechanics :m00:

if you are such a skilled bassass MOFO WE then losing ES wont impact on your leetness and ability to down players will it ? so why do you need to argue ?

in fact I will use the same argument spammed at BW constantly when it was their turn to be moaned about, there are that many threads and people moaning and bitching about WE, you think they are all bad players or that there is genuinly a problem, how can thousands of people all just be shit players ? lol there is a problem and I have no misconceptions that it wont be sorted out in the next careers patch.

WE will get hit with the nerf stick mark my words.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
But you do need help in playing your toon,you don't know how to handle a WE you have addmitted it yourself .."when a WE pops on me i take my hands off the keyboard/mouse"...your own words(roughly).You have no right to complain about WE.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
But you do need help in playing your toon,you don't know how to handle a WE you have addmitted it yourself .."when a WE pops on me i take my hands off the keyboard/mouse"...your own words(roughly).You have no right to complain about WE.

Because the only way to handle a WE for me is to die. Tell me how I counter ES i got no CC that doesnt require either a pre-requisite ability, Moral to be generated or need me to move to take effect of it. so Again please tell me how I can survive, without relying on a team of support.

Zede

Part of the furniture

I despise players like you.

L2p ? You having a laugh ? For once I totally agree with Tiani.

All your interested in is gaining a massive, unbeatable advantage. I can see with your cock in hand, creaping up invisble up on Xxx player, get behind them & BAM ! You have come all over the screen, oh and killed a BW from 100% to 0% in 7 seconds.

Gratz on being the lowest common denominator in a mmorpg.

try that cliched L2p shit on me, oh plze do.

oh and that applies to all you sad git WEs, l2p a game with other people, not invisible getting cheap thrills.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
I despise players like you.

L2p ? You having a laugh ? For once I totally agree with Tiani.

All your interested in is gaining a massive, unbeatable advantage. I can see with your cock in hand, creaping up invisble up on Xxx player, get behind them & BAM ! You have come all over the screen, oh and killed a BW from 100% to 0% in 7 seconds.

Gratz on being the lowest common denominator in a mmorpg.

Gratz on being the lowest denominator troll on a forum.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
that the best you can do ?

ownedbyzede.com

cheers m8
pleanty good enough for you...anyway enough of this banter i'm off to play my OP WE and tear some BW's a new one.Hope to see them all here QQ very soon.
Have fun.....i will;)

Killgorde

Loyal Freddie
Now, I could spend all day complaining about how OP the WE is and how it should be nerfed, as Destro did (and succeeded) with the BW. Wasn't it MJ himself who said just after release that no classes would ever be nerfed, but that others would be buffed to even things out? Err...sorry MJ, but you lost a great deal of credibility when your bright sparks shat on the BW's from a dizzy height against all your public diatribe, to the degree that half the BW's are now playing KotSB and 5 I know of are that pissed off they quit the game. I will say that as a BW the nerfage had little effect on my style of play, but was incredibly painful for others.

In balancing terms Mythic were way at the back of the queue when balancing skills were handed out to Devs. Actually, come to think of it, they have always been so damned appalling at balancing going back 7 years to DaoC that I don't believe Mythic programmers were even in the queue - or maybe it's a department that has always ben staffed by idiots since the dawn of time. Maybe they were recruited from the gibbon enclosure at the local zoo - I know not, but I play the game (and enjoy it) in the full knowledge that the devs are incompetent and classes at any point in time will always be handicapped. Tis the Mythic way and always will be until their Devs learn a bit of humility (don't hold your collective breath on that one).

Instead I prefer to live with the situation, take the rough with the smooth, and work out how to overcome their (the devs) failings - just don't get me started on performance issues though - haven't got a week to highlight those inadequacies at Mythic:).

Mini-rant over - back to the topic in hand. I can only point BW's in the direction of some very well thought out strategy here (good thread all round), but pay particular interest to the anti-WE method:

Unless you're facing a talented team that regularly assists during combat, your most likely nemesis will be the Marauder or Witch Elf.

WITCH ELF:

Most Witch Elves use Enfeebling Strike which is a total killer if the victim panics or is currently already in the process of running to a destination. When you are placed into a situation where your opposing enemy is a Witch Elf, attempt the following to save your life:

Always carry at least five health potions before entering into RvR; these are life savers.
Never use Flame Shield in RvR; this is a great spell for PvE, but will break your root when you need it most.
Immediately cast Cauterize followed by Shield of Aqshy.
Once the global cooldown refreshes, cast Backdraft.
If Backdraft fails you may want to consider casting Burning Iron to remove precious action points and to increase your chance of survival; then use Smoke Screen.
If the movement poison was removed, strafe away from the Witch Elf while casting Fire Cage.
If the movement poison was not removed, Fire Cage the Witch Elf and strafe away from the player.
If all else fails, scream "Bloody Murder!"

Yes it calls for you to be on the ball and have a fast reaction time, but it does work on occasions where you get it right. And if you are solo you are generally screwed anyway - helps having a good healer on your six watching your back.

/Salutes

KG

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
pleanty good enough for you...anyway enough of this banter i'm off to play my OP WE and tear some BW's a new one.Hope to see them all here QQ very soon.
Have fun.....i will;)

Reminder: It's OK to come all over the screen, but try to avoid getting a sticky keyboard

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Now, I could spend all day complaining about how OP the WE is and how it should be nerfed, as Destro did (and succeeded) with the BW. Wasn't it MJ himself who said just after release that no classes would ever be nerfed, but that others would be buffed to even things out? Err...sorry MJ, but you lost a great deal of credibility when your bright sparks shat on the BW's from a dizzy height against all your public diatribe, to the degree that half the BW's are now playing KotSB and 5 I know of are that pissed off they quit the game. I will say that as a BW the nerfage had little effect on my style of play, but was incredibly painful for others.

In balancing terms Mythic were way at the back of the queue when balancing skills were handed out to Devs. Actually, come to think of it, they have always been so damned appalling at balancing going back 7 years to DaoC that I don't believe Mythic programmers were even in the queue - or maybe it's a department that has always ben staffed by idiots since the dawn of time. Maybe they were recruited from the gibbon enclosure at the local zoo - I know not, but I play the game (and enjoy it) in the full knowledge that the devs are incompetent and classes at any point in time will always be handicapped. Tis the Mythic way and always will be until their Devs learn a bit of humility (don't hold your collective breath on that one).

Instead I prefer to live with the situation, take the rough with the smooth, and work out how to overcome their (the devs) failings - just don't get me started on performance issues though - haven't got a week to highlight those inadequacies at Mythic:).

Mini-rant over - back to the topic in hand. I can only point BW's in the direction of some very well thought out strategy here (good thread all round), but pay particular interest to the anti-WE method:

Yes it calls for you to be on the ball and have a fast reaction time, but it does work on occasions where you get it right. And if you are solo you are generally screwed anyway - helps having a good healer on your six watching your back.

/Salutes

KG

It calls for you to have a certain spec and a bag full of pots, hardly a valid counter is it ? ;s

Uara

Part of the furniture
Iced Buns it is Zede, the bakers in my town does do some rather nice ones :D

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Reminder: It's OK to come all over the screen, but try to avoid getting a sticky keyboard

I have a specially made ...."cum proof cover"..for my keyboard and a box of wet wipes to my right.My monitor is safe as it's on the wall.

ownedby thatelf.com

Zede

Part of the furniture
Have fun.....i will;)

thank you for reaffirming the mind set of most WEs.

you dont have the intelligence to respond with any credability, another trait of the WE player :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom