Fins List Must B Disbanded

E

eneq

Well the dins list is one of the biggest feck-ups in the game really.
Well at least as it is now.

My reg PBAOE group was the first group that did fins in CF on regular basis. U can even say we found it. When we come there it was always empty. We did take some outsiders to it and bammm it was camped daily.

But thats the background. Now to why it should b abonded( the fin list that is).

The fin list is a GREAT way for the non-lifers to xp. The kids, unemployed, etc etc.

They can come there at 08.00 and get on and stay for 16 hours.

We that have work and comes home at 17.00 can never use the great xp that r fins. The list is always full and we r like 100 + in que.

Something must b done. I say lets disband finslist and camp the spot. The Fins spot easily can take 2 groups.

Im lvl 50 so i dont care but my fellow comrades is frustrated of the lack of spots in fins list. The list surely contains of enough members to do 2 groups.

Im at work (well its only 11.00 here) so cant type a smarter and more sensible post :p Boss might come any sec.....

But i just wanted to get the discussion going. I will prolly take my xp group to fins and camp it soon even if there is a group there. But wanted to hear what u tought about this,

Hyperventilate it ;p

(btw i dont have englsih as my first language so dont flame the typing or ...)

B

Belsameth

lists are quite common in all the high level XP spots
while it sucks when you want a quick fix, it's the only way to get a somewhat "fair" system that gives everybody a chance.

íf you don't like it I am sure you can find other spots besides Fins. I doubt they're the only high level mob around

O

old.Demerzel

Quit your job then, quite simple.

The list wont go away, its the only way to guarantee that the group lives on and dosent split up after 1 hour, to camp fins you need a complete balanced group. Thats hard to maintain even with the list.

O

old.Icebreaker

Fins are boring :D

Here are some other good XP spots:

1.Siabra Guardiens and Archmagis in Siab City (Bog of Cullen)

2.Öh

3.hmmm

4.I give up

-----------------------------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

T

Tyka

How hard is it to get 7 people and go xp in EZ/DF/BOG/1000 other places in CF?

This is probably another "Nightshade/ranger please get me into groups or ill quit" thread.

J

JoxerTheMighty

:) Aussie..I think they don't mean the fins near your huntingspot close to Crim :)

As for the rest.....if you can't get onto the finslist because you are home too late, why don't you simply start a group by yourself? Besides...Ice is right about one thing: Compared to Siabcity Fins are shite.

and about the finslist...I agree with the other Elfchamp: They assure a balanced group who is able to hunt a little bit longer.

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by eneq
But i just wanted to get the discussion going. I will prolly take my xp group to fins and camp it soon even if there is a group there. But wanted to hear what u tought about this,

I think you have probably lost contact with reality. Because some people cant be at a place to xp until a certain hour, noone else should be allowed to organize anything there either.

On top of that you are suggesting that you decide how the rest of the realm organize their XPing, running lists is a *great* way to avoid downtime.

People who dont like fins or the list shouldnt complain, noone are forceing them to participate, go out and make your own group just the way you like it.

If you cant be bothered to make the group yourself, then dont complain.

G

A

Alrindel

There have been several threads here recently about the fins list. My opinion of it hasn't changed: it's a necessary, imperfect evil, and running it is better than not running it.

There are plenty of alternatives to exping at fins, but they are more work and higher risk. Perhaps someone else would be willing to lead regular multi-group parties to the knights in Sheeroe, the way Falcon did.

O

old.Garax

Fins are shite, they are dull and incredibly boring. Ok they are okish exp for a few levels but to want to camp them from level 43-50 you need your head looked at. There are far far better things to kill, as suggested you could go to siabra city, kill archmagi's or raven wraiths (both are sweet exp even at 50). Or how about a little trip to sheeroe hills, the deathwatcher/geist camp is pretty fun place to hunt, or if your feelin brave with just one group go hang out at the knights (at least u'll have fun, worrying about gettin scouted or even a visit from the glimmer king himself) ;)
Or get a group together when we have DF and hunt umbral hulks, as these guys cap out a lvl 50's exp. :)

<Garax shudders at the thought of camping fin's>

W

Whoodoo_RD

We get the same in malmohus, and I always managed to start a new group, Thanes aint the most popular chars around being a hybrud caster / tank, so we are not ppls first choice in a grp.

Just ask the list keepers kindly for the pre-requisits, ie healers - dmg buffers and PBTs, then fill the rest with tanks. Im sure if you got 100 peeps on a list theres enough for more groups.

O

old.Garax

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Er....what the hell are fins?!

Finliaths ;)

They are a main source of exp'in from lvl 43+ (found in cursed forest or breifine)

B

Belsameth

Er....what the hell are fins?!

those things fish have to steer.

no idea why Hibbies hunt them, but they're weird anyway so 1 more strange habbit shouldn't matter much :p

O

old.Mirandalia

Phew, I found this whole topic odd, the list isn't something the game has made, it's something the people have made, you can't throw away the list, nor ban the list, it's nothing physical.

If you have a hard time getting groups you must get more active at searching groups, OTHER than fins groups.

I for example only went to fins when invited, that is, I never went onto list to wait for hours to get there, happened maybe 5-6 times tho' that they invited me along.

Instead I went down to Innis, there's always tons of people there, groups on the make etc.

If there isn't a group there, you must start one, and that's easy, you just do a few /who tanks, /who pbaoers /who healers, etc ;)
I know making a group is :sleeping:
And it might even fail :(
But in the end, you'll get more groups done than dissolved since everyone you'll be inviting wants to xp.. :D

My favourite locations were;
- Epic Zone (EZ, Sheeroe Hills), Warshades, Deathwatchers, Geists..
- Siabra City (can be too tough, if so do the nearby Banshees, same level as warshades)
- Darkness Falls, just running around killing every red/purple mob in sight should do the trick :rolleyes:

K

Khalen

Well I've printed out some more maps of the other realms as well (for the upcoming pvp) and I see a couple of zones completely filled with high con enemies.. Why ain't no one hunting those?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Soulcatcher

those things fish have to steer.

no idea why Hibbies hunt them, but they're weird anyway so 1 more strange habbit shouldn't matter much :p

and here I was thinking they where hunting Fin the drunken pally, I mean a list of 100+ hibs trying to kill him, sounds about right.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

S

saltymcpepper

fins are shit and boring. it aint hard to make 2fgs and go to knights, df or SC.
at lvl 43 i get better exp at banshees and the only time i got good exp was lvl 45 then it got slower and i gave up.
got a nice regular exp group or 4 of us now that run around cf killing pookas and fomarians for nice exp and its pretty fun too.
i hate staying in one spot

C

Chameleon

The fins list is a good idea for some people. The list is a good thing (all in all), what is not good is the exclusive right to the fins camping spot for this group.
There are many of us who dont play every day, when we do play it's only for 2 hours or so, often very late at night (midnight or later). Some people have the type of lives which allows them to wait long periods of time to get in a fins group, but many do not. It's not the list that's the problem, its the idea that unless you are one of those in the group which keeps the list, you cant xp there ..... that is just stupid. You could argue "well we wont get so many pulls if we are not the only group there", but heh, thats the way it goes ... for other people with different life styles this exclusivity rule means they may NEVER get to xp at fins at all. That's simply wrong.

C

Cloak_

1st off eneq i can damn swear u wasnt the 1st person/grp to do fins in CF,, I know for a fact that my old grp did them at lvl 36 which wudve been about 5months ago !!

As Alrindel said,, Make Knight groups like I did,, more drops to share about and way more fun on double scout pulls :p

If ppl want me to make more knight grps I will,, But as my lvl 42 manachanter :p

S`up to you lot who wanna xp to join me :rolleyes:

O

old.Thalion

Forrest, my Bard needs some exp :clap: :clap: So try to remember me when/if u start one :p

N

Noche

Well the dins list is one of the biggest feck-ups in the game really.
Well at least as it is now.

My reg PBAOE group was the first group that did fins in CF on regular basis. U can even say we found it. When we come there it was always empty. We did take some outsiders to it and bammm it was camped daily.

But thats the background. Now to why it should b abonded( the fin list that is).

The fin list is a GREAT way for the non-lifers to xp. The kids, unemployed, etc etc.

They can come there at 08.00 and get on and stay for 16 hours.

We that have work and comes home at 17.00 can never use the great xp that r fins. The list is always full and we r like 100 + in que.

Something must b done. I say lets disband finslist and camp the spot. The Fins spot easily can take 2 groups.

Im lvl 50 so i dont care but my fellow comrades is frustrated of the lack of spots in fins list. The list surely contains of enough members to do 2 groups.

Im at work (well its only 11.00 here) so cant type a smarter and more sensible post :p Boss might come any sec.....

Hyperventilate it ;p

(btw i dont have englsih as my first language so dont flame the typing or ...)

In game name, lvl. U r sure not the first pb grp there dude, unless u started to lvl the first day otherwise u r not the first one trust me. To my understand u r trying to claim the spot as urs?

So u can´t get into the fin´s grp due to those 16h a day players and u r pissed? Same here, some lvls cost me 2 weeks ;)

Btw u can always try crim´s fin spot. And do grps at other spots mentioned above, if one spot´s camped, why go and destroy their xp? There r several spots of fins inside CF, why use 2 grps at same spot? Better xp? Then move to another mate, that one´s camped and go camping it isn´t all that polite tbh :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Thanks for the info

Next question I have to ask is why is this not sitting in a Hibernia forum?

D

Danya

So basically you're a selfish twat who just wants to have things run your way or not at all. I'm not surprised no one else supports your plan, you're so up your own arse it's a wonder you can breath. :p
As stated many time by many people, you can level in other places...

B

Belsameth

Thanks for the info

Next question I have to ask is why is this not sitting in a Hibernia forum?

prolly has to do with that same hibernian weirdness that forces them to hunt fish parts...or drunken pallies, as Octanion pointed out :D

C

cougar-

got same stuff in mid, the malmo list, perfect if u want realy crappy exp and got a few weeks to spend, dunno who invented it.

O

old.Demerzel

The fins list is a good idea for some people. The list is a good thing (all in all), what is not good is the exclusive right to the fins camping spot for this group.

Then who should? im not seeing how a new group would ever go up to a group camping fins and tell them to leave claiming its their turn. :rolleyes:

and cf spot does NOT support 2 groups (a efficient 8 group can pull the spot so fast that sometimes there is only 1 fin to pull) 2 groups would cause massive downtime to both groups, if they arent really low lvl groups.

A

Alrindel

There actually is more than one spot, but most people only know the one that is easiest to get to - which is also the safest one.

As for another group arriving, and telling the group that is already there to push off, I saw it happen. Whichever group is the most arrogant and pushy wins, because most normal players just don't have the stomach to fight over something that stupid. That's why I call the list a necessary evil: things would be worse if it wasn't there, but it certainly doesn't seem to bring out the best in people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom