Final Fantasy XI Online

X

xcpt

no its best to put in pm cos it can only be used 5-7 times cant remember, otherwise every1 will use it
btw look in pm ;O

L

-Lonewolf-

Good point you have common sense summin I lack

Check ya PM now to sent you a reply :)

T

Twaize

Lonewolf im on about the fact that u need to buy a big 40 gb harddisc if u wanna play FFXI on PS2!

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by Twaize
Lonewolf im on about the fact that u need to buy a big 40 gb harddisc if u wanna play FFXI on PS2!

Ouch that would hurt, sorry I misunderstood you twaize never knew that guess you learn summin new everyday :)

T

Twaize

40 gb shuold be 50 £ 20 gb should be 25£ and 10 gb should be 15£ or something like it... Read it in OPS2M in england!

L

-Lonewolf-

28th Oct so next Tuesday should get it Wednesday or Thursday or even Tuesday if u pre-ordered

T

Twaize

Game is launched with harddisc! (At the same time)!

M

~Mobius~

Would be cool if you could play the Final Fantasy card game(Tetra Master) in it too. Hope they bring it as an expansion at some point. :)

X

xcpt

u can lol
Tetra master for another $1.00 a month
b4 u start u join one of the 3 guilds, 1 that specializes in offensive stuff in ur card deck, one defensive and one magical

D

denser

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
Would be cool if you could play the Final Fantasy card game(Tetra Master) in it too. Hope they bring it as an expansion at some point. :)

It's in it :)

J

Jiggs

ok well here is the basic info:

6 person in a group

3 groups can combine into an 'alliance' so i guess this means the max number of people you'll need to kill anything is 18 (providing balanced groups i guess)

hopefully once the PvP is introduced (and its nation v nation style war, not PK style) that means we'll never see a 'zerg' larger than 3fg/18chars...

when you join you get ONE character, additional characters are $1.00 per month

when you get placed into your world you'll get 5 passes (tbc) so the idea is 6 people could setup an exp team since the first one in just gives his/her 5 mates the passes etc etc you get the idea.

personally after sw:g i'm extremely reluctant to get that into the whole game until i've seen its a solid working product, however the whole things looks fantastic on paper (and in the moving videos) so hopefully we'll see a good alternative to daoc and everquest finally! :)

D

denser

Well it's been out for over a year in Japan, so most of the teething probs and bugs have been sorted by now

S

Sparda_soul

just letting you know guys , you HAVE to enter the world key code when you register, otherwise you are randomly assingned a server and cant change it ever, even if you delete ect.
The only way to change server once its set is to get another account.

and time zones not a prob, everyone world over plays on the same server cluster, yanks, japs, euros EVERYONE :) the idea is each server should be active 24/7

X

xcpt

no, u can delete ur char and recreate char but it WILL go back on the same original server cos this was to stop ppl deleting and making chars until they got on the server they want. u can still put ur wp number in. having another account is like buying another game lol

L

-Lonewolf-

been a year in japan like he said so you can imagine its kinda a finished polished product with additional content to boot

And Square are well known for SKILLZ

Count me in we definitely gotta get this World ID thing right

X

xcpt

look in pm ;O having a bit of trouble, shame bw dont show wen u have a new msg wivout checking

D

denser

Oh and the expansion with the Samurai, Dragoon and Ninja classes, and extra zones and fluff, is thrown in FREE with the regular game on release.

J

Jiggs

How do you get resources, I hope its not monster drop or crafting is going to be baahd.

I assume you are refering to resources, as items needed for crafting/sythesizing. Most items you can buy from shops, but there are a few items that can't be, which might require you hunting monsters. Referring back to my formula for the doublet... One Grass Thread, Three Grass Clothes, and Two Saruta Cotton. You can buy all three items from the weaver's store. But most of the time the shop runs out of cotton, as it is a rarer commodity. Low level goblins in nearby towers of Windurst, drop thread and some times cloth. However, you can also sythesize the cloth youself, if you possess an earth crystal and 3 threads. As for the cotton, you have to hunt most of the time, unless you are lucky to catch the store while it has it in stock. Another way to find items and can be very useful is the Aunction House. They have an immensly wide range of items there. So gathering items for a craft really isn't that time consuming, unless it happens to be a rarer item.

Ok I get the system but this is bad are you saying I cant have a Dragoon/Black Mage. Since Dragoon comes off warrior I think umm yea? So can i go warrior+blackmage then Dragoon+Blackmage, is there a limit to ur class amount?

Any combination is possible, some a lot more efficient than others however. No class is inter-related to another directly. It is very possible to have a Dragoon/Black Mage. However Dragoon does rely on the warrior class. For example it is possible to start out as a white mage. Once you become lvl 30 White mage and perform the Dragoon Quest, you can than switch to the Dragoon Class. Dual Classing is not allowed until lvl 18. So once you reach a class you 18, you can then sub another class. So in your case, you would start out as lvl 18 warrior, do the Sub Job Quest. Then you would want to sub black mage. However, note that these two levels still raise individually. Only your current main job will raise in level, with you sub job remaining the same, but supporting your main. Also to note you sub can only be half of you main... So if you are a level 30 warrior, the highest you sub black mage can be is 15, even if you have raised it to 20. Anyway once you reach a lvl 30, you can then do the Dragoon Quest, and sub your black mage. And no there is not an ammount of classes you can be. You are free to try out any of the classes as long as you meet the requirements for them (otherwise the advance which require lvl 30 and a quest).

Are the guilds (Craftsman guilds) as i beleive there called in FF XI are they limited to 1 or 2?

You can build levels in all guilds, you do not have to choose a select few. However, most people do decide to major in one or two, so to speak. And rely on linkshell members/friends to provide them with items that the other crafts specialize in.

And um whats the stats? Hp and MP? If so minor stats what are they what do they do?

Not exactly sure what you are asking here. But will try to answer. On the status menu, you have the following stats listed: HP (health points), MP (magic points), TP (technical percentage), Str (strenght), Dex (dexterity), Agi (agility), Mnd (mind), and Int (intelligence). I might be missing one or two, for that I apologize. HP and MP are self explanatory. TP, is a percent ranging from 0% to 300%. Weapons come with skills once you reach certain levels with that weapon. To use this skill, you must possess at least 100%, this build each time you hit an enemy. If you reach 200% or 300% and use your weapon skill is more powerful than a normal 100%. Str, is deals with how much damage you can cause, this is related with attack. Dex, can be reasoned as how much skill you character has. A higher dex for instance, would enable one to better use a bow and have the range attack cause more damage. Agi, is how quick you character is, the higher Agi more like you are to dogde attacks. Mnd, is related with white magic, it will effect how much you cure to rather or not a monster resists status spells. Mnd may also be related with how well you can resist spells yourself. Int, is related with black magic, a black mage wants a high Int, it raises the damage of spells, and makes it more likely a spell will not be resisted. When it comes down to values for the stats... this depends on the individual character. Each race and class effects these and has the stats growing in different rates, also some equipment has stat bonuses which increase or decrease these as well.

I hear about Mog Houses and furnishing them, whats with that can i get them any sizze? do they require maintance fees similar to swg, Can i place them anywhere

Each individual player gets a mog house, these are located in the residential area of each city. The main purpose of a mog house is to switch jobs and to store un-needed items in your safe. As for funishing your mog house, this refers to placing furniture and decorative items in your house, as they all start out empty. Items available can be beds, pictures, chairs, tables, flowerpots and many more. All Mog Houses are the same size, however they may be different in style depending on which city you choose. There is no fee required for your mog house, and they are only located in the residential areas of the cities.

How is the guild/Clan system.

Guilds/Clans on FFXI, are formed with Linkshells. There are three levels in a linkshell. Linkshell Owner, this is the person who purchases the linkshell and creates it. Linkshells cost 8,000g. Once the linkshell is created. You are able to makes Pearl Sacks and Pearls. People with Pearl Sacks are able to create more pearls to give to other people. While people with only pearls are able to only use the normal functions of a linkshell and chatting.

M

~Mobius~

Hmm I am thinking of going Human/Galka Darknight or a Human Dragoon. :)

So many choices though. :D :D :D

X

xcpt

remember u have to choose ur base main job from one of the 6 u have to complete quests to open the expanson/advanced jobs such as dragoon, summoner, bard etc

M

~Mobius~

True, does your base class make a difference to stats? Like in DaoC, for example if you picked Warrior as base then went mage, would it suck?

X

xcpt

well, yeah. say i capped black mage and went warrior wiv my taru then it wud still be ok for damage but not a good idea to tank a mob.
pm ur msn or sumin we can chat bout it instead of here, daoc forum :p

L

-Lonewolf-

Eventually coming to EU but as usual we have to wait forever

Oh and I am gonna go Human Thief to Human Ninja/White Mage

S

Sparda_soul

why wait for EU anyways? everyones playing on the same servers!

E

Ekydus

Because I'm a lazy shit anyway. :p

Get in there and make an old skool guild. (If they have guilding system that is.) :)

Users who are viewing this thread