Final Fantasy XI Online

C

Cyfr

Im just wondering how many people (if any) are going to try out FFXI. I loved the console games and hope this will be great too.

The official site is: playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
(sorry can't post url's)

The US release is the 28th Oct, im going to preorder it, can anyone suggest where from? Im located in England.

N

-Nxs-

I cant find anywhere with information on UK players, playonline needs a US address to register, and the uk version of playonline does not show FFXI as one of its games.

Always liked the other FF series, so will wait till early next year then may move over - always said I'll give Mythic/Goa until the RvR patch to see whats going to change, if its pathetic then no more DAOC

Z

Zebolt

The official site is: playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

I will try it out. I think the FF series are the best games I've ever played (next to Phantasy Star :p) so I wouldn't miss it. It might lose the good thing about FF tho when they turn it into a multiplayer game... the story.

K

kirennia

I cant just imagine the names and conversations now....PLEASE NO MORE CLOUD******

Fantastic upto now but online games generally lack a lot in story...final fantasty was known for its fantastic head for original storylines. If they screw that up then what are they left with apart from an inivative CBS

X

xcpt

Cyfr,

Yes i am going to try out FFXI i kno its gonna be the best. Ive pre-ordered mine already for US version.
go to dvdboxoffice.com , click games then PC. They charge the game for $79.95 ( canadian dollars ) which comes out as roughly £37 or so, plus another 6 quid or so for courier delivery (optional) or just use the free worldwide delivery.

No, u dont need US address thats why many importers are ordering it.

atm im waiting for my 2nd email telling me when it has been shipped.
btw pm me or sumin wiv ur email addy and we cud start the game together or sumin :p

L

-Lonewolf-

XCPT

I have pre-ordered it from DVD box office to following your post thanks alot

and I will post u my e-mail addy when I get it possibly meet up in game to try it out

I give all MMORPG's a go just to see if I get hooked :)

T

Twaize

U have to buy a harddisc which is about 40 quids!

L

-Lonewolf-

You taking medication or summin Twaize what are you on about?

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by kirennia
I cant just imagine the names and conversations now....PLEASE NO MORE CLOUD******

Didn't anyone else rename the characters then me? :rolleyes:

L

-Lonewolf-

Tohtori order yourself a copy and get stuck in man!!!!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Tohtori order yourself a copy and get stuck in man!!!!

No bloody way... ever since i saw my first FF i was a fan of the fiction. Movies, whatnot. Now i'm not gonna buy FF online 'cause that would eat my life away :p

X

xcpt

hehe np
yeah whoever gets it first gotta do that worldpass thing

L

-Lonewolf-

Good idea will be well cool when we get it it looks amazing hopefully the gameplay is up to par

L

-Lonewolf-

Gonna be a Elvaan warrior myself

Has to be done swordsman and all :)

O

old.m0000

whole final fantasy thing sucked in my humble opinion - i hate japaneese tat.

H

Hyuga Hinata

Originally posted by Twaize
U have to buy a harddisc which is about 40 quids!

I believe you're thinking of the PS2 version .

M

~Mobius~

Does it feature any Final Fantasy characters? Or locations?

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
Does it feature any Final Fantasy characters? Or locations?

Here comes the Final fantasy thing. Every final fantasy is an individual adventure so i doubt there will be spesific places or characters around. Ofcourse things like chocobos and all the "inside" humor will be present but i higly doubt you'll seee any other then playermade Squall's or Red-XX's running around :p

X

xcpt

err think u got the wrong view it doesnt work like that

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by xcpt
err think u got the wrong view it doesnt work like that

What an informative response.

Why don't you tell a bit how it works then? :p

Don't just say "Nope. Wrong."

L

longshot

*Takes a good long look at the webpage*

Hmm... I can imagine that this game would appeal to those playing trehugging Hibernia :swords:

However, being a proud Midgardian :p , I find that the images shown on the website are portraying a universe that is way too sticky sweet for my taste. What's up with those little childlike way-too-much smiling critterthingies? And those with cat ears and tail? If ya gonna put furries in the game, then at least make them... well... something... like 3 meter tall werewolves with hair betweem their teeth and bad breath that would make Frankenstein's monster keel over.

No sir, a good day in my life includes snoring trolls, smelly kobbie feet and a drunken thane throwing lightning bolts up my rear end :ROFLMAO:

(Note: don't take this post to serious :) )

M

~Mobius~

So its a MMORPG with Chocobo's and the Final Fantasy label on it. :(

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
So its a MMORPG with Chocobo's and the Final Fantasy label on it. :(
Well allmost every new FF game has been a game with Chocobo's and the Final Fantasy label on it. New chars, new enviorment, new story. The thing that recall in every game tho is Guardian Forces/Summons/Eidolons, Gaia, Chocobo's. Sice I believe the story will lack, cuz' I don't see how a MMORPG can have a good story, the game will probably not be much of the things I experienced was good about FF. It doesn't mean it will be a bad game, but not really FF.

I fear it will suck tho after tried PSO (Phantasy Star Online), which was a brilliant game kinda simillar to FF.

These are my thoughts - I can be very wrong :p

L

-Lonewolf-

Some people are just so darn ignorant how can you judge a game before u even play it

Opinions yes, judging no

O

old.Jable

im playing final fantasy 10 atm, and im enjoying it alot.

i think the guys at penny-arcade have been playing the final fantasy 11 beta and they said they were enjoying it too.

i agree that it will be hard to compete with the storylines from the single player games, but hopefully they will get it right. ill be needing a uk release or a free trial before i part with cash. so many more games with better coverage, warhammer online, world of warcraft, swg, and TOA to name some examples.

its gonna be a phat year for mmorpgs. ooh yeah

:m00:

btw if anyone doesnt read these two comics, you are missing out:

Penny Arcade

PvP Online

P

Perka

NO PVP

so what is the use...
doubt there will be a strong storyline since it's a mmorpg... maybe the quests will be a little more interesting than the average pvp'ish games... but since quests sucks in general and pve is always boring there is NO point in playing this game.

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by Perka
NO PVP

so what is the use...
doubt there will be a strong storyline since it's a mmorpg... maybe the quests will be a little more interesting than the average pvp'ish games... but since quests sucks in general and pve is always boring there is NO point in playing this game.

A valid point and maybe the only reason I may get bored of the game

But games change and FFXI is no different

Users who are viewing this thread