Final Fantasy XI Online

J

Jiggs

i'm in :D

pre-ordered yesterday!

its not much money to buy it and i always like to play that 1st free month :p

J

Jiggs

they big persuader for me was that it seems the old job system from FF tactics etc is in the game.

S

Sparda_soul

theres PvP patch being made as we speak, due for release march 2004 \o/

im in also, cant wait tbh :D

L

-Lonewolf-

Jiggs its gonna be a pleasure seeing you in game and Sparda your a mofo legend my good man THANKU

S

Sparda_soul

posted on playonline

On September 26 at the Tokyo Game Show, the following future updates for FINAL FANTASY XI were announced:

December 2003: Addition of Limbo areas and raising of the level cap.
Between Jan. 2004 to March 2004: Further addition of Limbo areas.
Between Jan. 2004 to March 2004: PvP in the form of fighting among nations (not PK style)
Details will be announced at a later date.

the more i read about this game the more i want it ><

bored? why not watch the game being played live :p
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/multimedia/wind/

L

-Lonewolf-

Its gonna rock watched a movie last night the graphics just look awe inspiring

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by Jiggs
they big persuader for me was that it seems the old job system from FF tactics etc is in the game.

Omg, really? Link please ASAP!

M

~Mobius~

Hmm that sounded as if I was being sarcastic, I'm not. I REALLY love Final Fantasy Tactics. =)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
Now your being sarcastic!

I'm confused. :( :( :(

And that's only Lonewolf. Want me to add something? *grin*

O

old.Tohtori

Right-o.

Mobius, you were being serious when looking like you were sarcastic, correcting yourself in a way that was in no way sarcastic. Lonewolf then came and said you were quite good at sarcasm and you claimed you weren't, but infact you were serious. Lonewolf said that he was kidding, which you took as sarcasm towards his post of him kidding. This means you think your sarcasm was found amusing by Lonewolf, when infact Lonewolf was amused in a sarcastic way and not amused at all.

See?

Now the way i see it is this.

You were sarcastic, allthough accidently, this was found funny by Lonewolf and thus your sarcasm was succesful. Now by your correcting it you made it serious and Lonewolfs comment sarcastic. Sarcasm towards sarcasm, even if not sarcasm at all is not sarcasm but a simple agreement. Now Lonewofla greed to your post. You on the other hand made Lonewolfs post serious by stating you were serious, thus making his comment towards your sarcasm serious. Now you thought of Lonewolfs comment as serious, when it was sarcasm. He thought of your post as sarcasm when it was serious. So where does it leave you? Your original post was transferred from sarcasm, to serious, to sarcasm, to serious and once more into sarcasm so in the end you were being sarcastic and Lonewolf agreed to the humor of that sarcasm.

*nods*

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Some people are just so darn ignorant how can you judge a game before u even play it

Opinions yes, judging no
I didn't judge, it's my thoughts and I can't deny them as they are in my head allready. I will probably try the game and it has all the possibilities to be a good game heck even a great game. But I still don't see how it can have a good story or much of a story at all. Cuz' every story has an end and MMORPG's can't have an end. Ppl will finnish the game if it has an end and what are they suppose to do then? So I fear it won't have much of a story which I thought was the great things about the FF series. Yes the the graphics are great and they will probably make an awsome background story but as for the game I feel as it'll not be as good as the FF series was.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
Omg, really? Link please ASAP!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gameplay/

Changing Jobs:

You can change your job any time, and eventually gain the ability to select a support job. With a support job, you can effectively "hold two jobs at once." Want to be a warrior who can cast white magic? How about a monk with black magic? With support jobs, the combinations are endless!

As your adventures progress, you may find that new jobs become available. Why not try your hand at learning the ways of the bard, ranger, or beastmaster?

D

denser

Ordered today. Pick a server for the Euro guys....

Screenies look amazing, Not sure wether to go for a SMN or DRK

S

Sparda_soul

cant pick a server fella :/

What?!? My friends and I want to all play on the same server!

You can all play on the same server by using a world pass. In order to use a worldpass your friend must first obtain one and while you create your character you enter the world pass ID in order to be created on that server. You can not buy a world-pass yourself and move to a different server.

Example: Bob and Tim want to play on the same server together. Bob makes a character and then buys a world pass. He then tells Tim what the world pass ID is as Tim is making his character. Now Tim is on the same server Bob is and they frolick and skip around the world happy.

D

denser

I read on ffxionline.com, that they're giving each player 5 world-passes each instead of one.

It's just that you get randomly distributed around the servers.

Only way we could do it, is if one of us goes in first and gets our passes. The more I read about this game though, the more I want it :D

D

denser

Shame, but wouldve been nice to play with someone who is in our timezone

:)

L

-Lonewolf-

Don't let your hopes be dashed yet if you do get the copy before other people post here and maybe just maybe some people will be able to access your world and look you up

Thats what I will be doing anyway

J

Jiggs

should be fine :D

but hey, lets see if the game is any good first! :p

M

~Mobius~

I dont understand this world pass thing, is it a MMORPG like DaoC or is it like Diablo where you enter rooms with a set number of people?

P.S Ordering my copy today. \o/

X

xcpt

why the fuck did u say no pvp wen there is going to be pvp, dont expect a game to come out wiv pvp straight away, why are u all comparing it to daoc, its like every1 here has read jack shit about it and dissing it..
u can play wiv all ur friends just get 1 person to buy a wp and share the code and play on the same serer
and for the no server choice, if theres a server called Ragnarok which there is, then EVERY1 wud go there leaving it overcrowded and all other servers will be unbalanced so imo its a good idea to be placed randomly.

D

denser

As I understand it, after character creation, your char gets put on a random server.(eg. Odin).

But: A friend has a char on say, Cactuar. He can send you a world-pass, sort of a PIN number to let you play on Cactuar; instead of being thrown to any random server.

L

-Lonewolf-

Well lets nominate someone to get a world pass I suggest the first person to post a world pass id in this thread when the game comes out would be a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom