Film Films that were allegedly good or rumoured to be good, but were shite.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I didnt know who he was then, no. I recall I went to see Mad Max 2 at the cinema with Mad Max 1 as the second film (or whatever they used to call it).

A good night, people were turning up in leathers like the main character :)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Starship Troopers anyone? Could have been MUCH better but ended up like Eps 1,2,3 - pretty to look at, but nothing to watch.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Starship Troopers anyone?

Oo good one, and that reminds me. Total Recall. Fucking awful film that everyone seems to think is ace.

IT'S FUCKING AWFUL. Far too much of Arnie pulling a sex face.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Starship troopers was awesome as a pisstake. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?

Also Total Recall was so hilariously bad it was good.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oo good one, and that reminds me. Total Recall. Fucking awful film that everyone seems to think is ace.

Great concept ruined by hammy acting. Oh and Sharon Stone never looked hotter than she did in that film.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Ah yes. The new Star Trek movie - not sure I'd call it shit but certainly overrated.

LEEEEEENSSSSSSSS FLAAAAAAREEEEE!!!!
Nah, it wasn't shit at all. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was as good as some of the old ST films but it's good for what it is... a scifi action film.
J.J.Abrams = lens flare. You know this from Lost and Fringe. :)

Talyn said:
Starship Troopers anyone? Could have been MUCH better but ended up like Eps 1,2,3 - pretty to look at, but nothing to watch.
Oh I don't know. I saw it at the cinema and I walked out at the end with a sense of satisfaction that I don't usually get with films. Paul Verhoeven is very good at making dual-layer films. On the one hand, it's a straight-up action film. On the other hand, it's a political satire and it puts a smile on my face.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sorry Zen, have to disagree, it was a total botch job and there were more plot holes than I care to count. As a lifelong ST fan it left me cold, well the last 60 mins of the film did as least.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Saving Private Ryan

Wash your mouth out. Ignoring the plot, the opening and closing 20 mins are still some of the finest pieces of cinema ever shot. And they led to Band of Brothers.

NB. Starship Troopers was ace so long as you haven't read the book, ditto Total Recall.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Starship troopers and total recall were great, as was the new Star Trek.

I agree about Saving Private Ryan being poop, and I also do not get the fascination with Band of Brothers.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I hope we're excluding First Contact from the list of old Star Trek films. I still think that it is epic even now.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

I agree about Saving Private Ryan being poop, and I also do not get the fascination with Band of Brothers.

The fascination was the realism!!!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I thought BoB was awesome. In fact, the gf of the time thought it was awesome as well. she was quite critical of films but the BoB series managed to hold her attention.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i cant see how you can call saving private ryan a shit film, i even liked shaving ryans privates

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I hated BoB when I first watched it, I then tried again and stuck with it and was blown away, the first 2 or 3 are a bit shit but it gets really good and shows how grim it all was.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Clearly you needed to fuck cohagen good!

totalrecall2.jpg

Total Recall wasn't sci fi, it was a comedy; once you look at it in that light, it becomes a whole lot more enjoyable. Paul Verhoven is a funny man, Robocop was also a comedy.

megadave

I am a FH squatter

Tbh i liked SPR until Band of Brothers came along and blew it out of the water.

I dont think anything on film is much better than BOB.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
SPR, the first 15 minutes aside is a waste of time. Incredibly shallow (like a lot of Spielberg). BoB is the far better version of that style.

Starship Troopers and Total Recall are good fun films.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Total Recall = awesome. It's got a girl with 3 breasts in it ffs!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Total Recall was great, you are all queer :eek:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
2 Breasts = 100% breasts.
1 Breast = 50% breasts.

3 Breasts = 150% breasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom