Film Films that were allegedly good or rumoured to be good, but were shite.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Blair Witch, brilliant marketing campaign, shame the film sucked worse than a 2dollar crackho.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tron, even when i first saw it. I don't necessarily dislike it, I just don't understand why people get excited over it.

Transformers. Shite

Oh Brother where art thou. Had to turn it off, dreadful film.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Tron film was shit, the arcade game on the other hand was great :D

I really shouldn't post in this thread, I thought Donnie Darko was a special film, watched it without hearing anything about it and thought it was brilliant. Benjamin Button was fucking shite. Many more have been mentioned that I thought were great but I cba now.

Edit - Sideways and Sin City were fantastic :D

Maybe I just have taste and you are all wrong, generally the way it is (in my head)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I would also like to add anything starring Will Farrell in. He is not funny in the slightest.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
PS I love you. I thought it was funny so the girl I was with just hit me, and then left me :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
reservoir dogs.

everyone seems to love this film but i think its average and tarantinos worst

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
PS I love you.

That was a trully fucking awful film that put bad ideas into women's heads about men. We're supposed to be romantic even after we die. Give me a fucking break.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Thin Red Line. Worst war film ever.

Return of The King. The others were OK.

2001. I've tried watching it stoned, it doesn't make a difference. And tbh the source material wasn't one of Arthur C. Clarke's better efforts anyway; the should have made Childhood's End instead.

Can't believe someone dissed Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

As for slagging off Transformers etc., I thought this thread was about films regarded as alllegedly good; does anyone over the age of 11 rate the Transformers films?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Duel by Speilberg
Silverado was hyped when it came out and was crap
Cloverfields hate al that first person cam shit
Lucky number Slevin
I second Tron i thought that was pants even first time round

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
A thread where we pretend to hate films that everyone loves just for the sake of being different/controversial.

But really, Transformers, Drag Me To Hell and Terminator Salvation. (It would be common sense to mention Juno in this also, surely everyone knows this already though)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Thin Red Line. Worst war film ever.

There's worse but it's pants.

Return of The King. The others were OK.

All about the same tbh. Pretty good, not amazing.

2001. I've tried watching it stoned, it doesn't make a difference. And tbh the source material wasn't one of Arthur C. Clarke's better efforts anyway; the should have made Childhood's End instead.

wtf - It's brilliant ! :eek:

Can't believe someone dissed Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

Nor me. Fucking ace film.

As for slagging off Transformers etc., I thought this thread was about films regarded as alllegedly good; does anyone over the age of 11 rate the Transformers films?

Transformers was quite pants.

Personally I think Schinder's List is overrrated. I mean who the fuck cares ???

*troll further*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A thread where we pretend to hate films that everyone loves just for the sake of being different/controversial.

I think it's more about hating films that are crap in your opinion.

You can't have an opinion without being controversial :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
With the exception of The Big Lebowski I hate just about everything by the Coen's
Righteous Kill - De Niro and Pachino yet utter shite.
American Beauty
Kill Bill 1 and 2
The Exorcist

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Transformers, because it's a shallow live-action cartoon. I could barely stay awake when I saw it. Even Megan Fox couldn't save this one.

A.I. Steven Spielberg is a bit hit and miss and this one is a big miss. Boring, plodding with no real direction.

The Dark Knight. Everyone else must have seen a different film to me because it just didn't engage me at all. I usually try to give a film a chance but this one is not on my shopping list.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
With the exception of The Big Lebowski I hate just about everything by the Coen's
Righteous Kill - De Niro and Pachino yet utter shite.
Kill Bill 1 and 2

*gasp* how very dare you? Coen Bros are great, watch Millers Crossing and tell me it isn't great, Fargo as well how can anyone not like Fargo!!??!!

God you are so right about the Kill Bills though they were shit of the highest order as was Righteous Kill.....so boring.

Transformers, because it's a shallow live-action cartoon. I could barely stay awake when I saw it. Even Megan Fox couldn't save this one.

A.I. Steven Spielberg is a bit hit and miss and this one is a big miss. Boring, plodding with no real direction.

The Dark Knight. Everyone else must have seen a different film to me because it just didn't engage me at all. I usually try to give a film a chance but this one is not on my shopping list.

A.I I forgot about that, possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen, I actually enjoyed Transformers, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Heath Ledger was sublime in Dark Knight, he was just so watchable I think if you enjoy him in it you enjoy the film but perhaps he just wasn't your cup of tea.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
fuckin hell I have shitty standards, so many films that I love are mentioned in here :)

Stuff I thought was over-rated..

Lost in Translation. I was so disappointed. I got the whole foreigner and uncomfortable thing about the movie I just thought it was dull

I was never that keen on goodfellas (Yeah I know, it's a great movie, my only defence is that everyone had told me how good it was before I got to see it and thus I was left feeling underwhelmed)

Mama Mia. I. Hate. Abba. K?

That's it from what I can remember. I can watch almost anything (movie-wise) and be enterained. I avoid horror movies (never did like them) and I find really explicit violent movies difficult to watch as I get older for some reason..

M

Damini

Part of the furniture
Thin Red Line - cheesy flashbacks, mingled with complete boredom.

The Sixth Sense - saw the twist from so far off, I never even realised it was a twist, and thought the twist was that he was still alive.

Dusk Till Dawn - indulgent shite.

Transformers - someone just dipped their penis into a box of special effects, and then threw some spanners across a screen. And then used the same penis to cast Megan Fox. Bad penis! BAD!

Indy4 - Just made me think of making old people with dementia dance for your amusement. Which normally would make me laugh, and it still didn't. Fail.

Benjamin Button - even watching it on fast forward couldn't spare me the tedium of it all.

Titanic - hack drivel, mixed with offensive stereotypes. I actually think the boat only sunk because I willed it to happen.

The Shawshank Redemption - didn't do anything for me.

The Big Lebowski - meh. Watched it, can't remember a thing about it.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Scott of the Antarctic

As soon as they got all emotional about taking dogs along I knew what the outcome was going to be...

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
I am legend, Hancock, In Pursuit of Happyness, in fact most of Will Smith's recent films.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
300. All of the good bits were in the trailer.

District 9. It's both boring and stupid. Good CG though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
300. All of the good bits were in the trailer.

District 9. It's both boring and stupid. Good CG though.

300 was utter trash, but District 9? Are you cereal?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Juno
Lost in translation

I must say i like quite a lot of the movies a lot of people have mentioned here :p (not transformers tho, but i didn't think they were considered good movies so can't really be disappointed with it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom