FH Guild name?

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Not very hard at all.

Simply call it "House Of Fred" a.k.a. "HoF"

- Represents the FHish community were we/you originated from.

- Has a RPish touch of a clan, a big familily... and all that. I mean a "house" is a community of "relatives" that live and prosper together, like a clan. And clans where probably very common both in the Conan litterature and the actual time it is trying to picture.

Seems fitting imo :)..

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Not very hard at all.

- Has a RPish touch of a clan, a big familily... and all that. I mean a "house" is a community of "relatives" that live and prosper together, like a clan. And clans where probably very common both in the Conan litterature and the actual time it is trying to picture.

And who would this "Fred" be..? A sleeping demon-god perhaps? If we are to be an rp guild, I really don't see how we could work "Fred" or "Freddy" or any variation thereof into the name. Sorry. :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
And who would this "Fred" be..? A sleeping demon-god perhaps? If we are to be an rp guild, I really don't see how we could work "Fred" or "Freddy" or any variation thereof into the name. Sorry. :(

Going back to my House Federicus suggestion. Federicus was an Aquilonian who travelled to the Border Kingdom and carved out a name for himself, ousting a Bandit Lord he founded his dynasty. We are his legacy.

Or some such. Someone with a better imagination could probably create a much more impressive backstory.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Going back to my House Federicus suggestion. Federicus was an Aquilonian who travelled to the Border Kingdom and carved out a name for himself, ousting a Bandit Lord he founded his dynasty. We are his legacy.

Or some such. Someone with a better imagination could probably create a much more impressive backstory.

I could go with something like that. :)

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Not very hard at all.

Well Fred is just a name, imo sounds kinda brutal. I mean Fred is a plain and simple name. When I think of a Fred I picture a butcherer hammering meat..people that have one name only seems simpler somehow. And simple people have always been abit "riffraffish" and riffraff people are "criminals" and so on. I mean in my opinon the name has value, I mean a name like Christoffer or James, now that has a diffrent value, if you follow me...

A James is someone who works in a bank, while Fred is the guy who will murder him for glass of milk. :)

I think House of Fred isn't too bad a name if you buy into my reasoning behind it. Every name doesn't really have to mean something or have a actual link between an ingame place or person, could just be about what values the word or name carries to get you message across.

I mean Freddyshouse-> Frederickshouse-> Fredshouse -> House of Fred.

Mixing latin into names is imo abit old, everyone been doing it for so many years that I think you will loose some of your uniqueness if going latin.

Ah well, just thought I'd toss an idea in the box :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
house of fred sounds so bland its so forgettable beginning to wonder about the whole we must have some form of freddyshouse in it cos so far ive heard nothing that sounds really decent.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
house of fred sounds so bland its so forgettable beginning to wonder about the whole we must have some form of freddyshouse in it cos so far ive heard nothing that sounds really decent.

Well, it is plain, it's not like Fredericus wich in my own opinon sounds like some fat romian toga wearing senatmember. Thats the value the name carries in my opinon.

Fredericus sues you, Fred fucking murder you and wears your bones on his helmet :england:

Ah, well might be hard to fit in freddyshouse into a guild name that has to have a connection to the actual world of conan and the litterature.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually after thinking for a while. House of Fred, sounds a lot like House of Death, and yes, Fred is the guy who will rip your throat for a penny.

House of Fred in my mind is ace. Fredicus would do, but Fred is better.

Also, it gives a REALLY nice rp background.

"So, who formed this little group of yours?"

"Fred."

"Fred?"

"Yeah, Fred. got a problem with it?"

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Actually after thinking for a while. House of Fred, sounds a lot like House of Death, and yes, Fred is the guy who will rip your throat for a penny.

House of Fred in my mind is ace. Fredicus would do, but Fred is better.

Also, it gives a REALLY nice rp background.

"So, who formed this little group of yours?"

"Fred."

"Fred?"

"Yeah, Fred. got a problem with it?"

Yah, and it could be easy for rp purpose to make up a story about a gritty old grumpy sob named Fred. That walked the earth x hundered years ago in a forgein and rough land. And we are his decendants. Now we roam the plains of Hyboria in search for our orgin. Pledge your allegiance to Fred or prepare to dine in the realm of the past.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
maybe we should just call ourselves the 'd00mhounds of death!'

or, 'death hounds of d00m'

or, 'd00md00mdeathw00f'

all of those would work as roleplay

on a side note Frederick is Old German roughly meaning 'Peace King'

ECA

I am a FH squatter

qfteeeeeee.

I havnt heard anything that sounds even past "decent" yet :(

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
maybe we should just call ourselves the 'd00mhounds of death!'

or, 'death hounds of d00m'

or, 'd00md00mdeathw00f'

all of those would work as roleplay

on a side note Frederick is Old German roughly meaning 'Peace King'

But the idea was Fredericus, to get a latin or oldlanguage feel, thats what I commented on.

Frederick is a northern europe name with roots in most North european countries, you have to remember that Germany havn't existed for that long, far from the oldest country in europe wich I suspect Sweden or Denmark are, nevertheless it is a northern european name :)..

/edit Freidrich is the german version of Fredrik wich is the Scandinavian name.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
how about

"Fredus" its short rolls of the tongue and has fred in it and its totally made up.

pronounced "freedus"

megadave

I am a FH squatter
House of Freddy is the best i've heard, failing that FreddysHouse. If neither of those then the guild seems a bit pointless :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
But the idea was Fredericus, to get a latin or oldlanguage feel, thats what I commented on.

Frederick is a northern europe name with roots in most North european countries, you have to remember that Germany havn't existed for that long, far from the oldest country in europe wich I suspect Sweden or Denmark are, nevertheless it is a northern european name :)..

/edit Freidrich is the german version of Fredrik wich is the Scandinavian name.

Age of the state is irrelevant. The german language has existed far longer than that and thats where the route of all modern forms of Frederick are derived whether they be Frederico, Frederich, Fredrik or whatever.

Fred Ric - literally, Peace King.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
oh and considering people seem to be going along the roleplay idea (despite that not winning the poll!) does that mean im not going to be allowed in, because theres no way im going to spend every gaming moment humouring people who do. *runs off laughing*

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Age of the state is irrelevant. The german language has existed far longer than that and thats where the route of all modern forms of Frederick are derived whether they be Frederico, Frederich, Fredrik or whatever.

Fred Ric - literally, Peace King.

Well, what do you define as German language. German as a language havn't existed that long. I wrote another post earlier, but I timed out or something, so I'll keep this one short.

Germanic languages are basically all countries in Northern Europe with the line drawed at Holland going up to england and left out over Iceland. But you can not claim that Germany as a region have had any sort of name with Fre... init originat from. The Germanic language as whole has had the name Fred... originate from. But the area where Germany sits in today where inhabited by many diffrent tribals, saxxens anglo-saxxens and "french" tribals.

I mean Germany became Germany in what 1700th century? Before that it was split, and earlier in history it was split 'cus of obvious tribal diffrencies with diffrent languages/dialects etc.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
oh and considering people seem to be going along the roleplay idea (despite that not winning the poll!) does that mean im not going to be allowed in, because theres no way im going to spend every gaming moment humouring people who do. *runs off laughing*

I doubt itll be a hc rp guild.

I hope.

I dont think I'll fit in if it is either~

Pewpew will be in his element though. He loves all that stuff.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

I shouldnt worry about it mate :) end of the day we're casual people from a public forum.. i wouldn't imagine guild itself would be "HARD CORE" roleplay (although it may be needed sometimes for RP events) as for the general public just roleplay to keep em happy (or do what I did in wow :p and roleplay a mute so u don't have to talk.. sounds funny but it works u dont have to roleplay at all)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest, Fred always makes me think of that blond pretty boy in Scooby Doo. So it doesn't really sound like a bad guy to me and having it in the guild name would make me feel like i'm in a Scooby Doo guild.. which could be fun! But maybe not for Age of Conan...

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
To be honest, Fred always makes me think of that blond pretty boy in Scooby Doo. So it doesn't really sound like a bad guy to me and having it in the guild name would make me feel like i'm in a Scooby Doo guild.. which could be fun! But maybe not for Age of Conan...

Well if we gonna reason around cannotations, diffrent strenght and value attachment in wording we should keep it at a reasonable level.

I'm sure there are people who would link the name Adolf or Stalin tho one of their fury hamsters and thus not thinking it is any abit offensive to go around with a t-shirt with above names.

One example how a simple short and single name is seen as a more riffraff/rough name is Jack the Ripper. Notice how it doesn't say Jack Jacksonwell The Ripper, but JACK alone :p.

Also since we are the community of FH I feel that atleast a large part of the guildname should reflect that, that should be the primary goal - else we got no limitations at all and could call us basically whatever.

<House of Fred>

Pros:
Has the connection to Freddyhouse, where it all begun.

It is short, and precise yet leave room for thought.

Could well work as a rpish kind of name if you into that. The whole "House of Fred" would indicate that we are all apart of tribal, clan, social community whatever. Also during year 0 most important and people with influence belonged to a House. Just think of "House of Moses" and all that biblic stuff.

Cons:
People have diffrent values of the word Fred, some think it's spot on, rough and in line with where the guild originated from. But some think it has a lame cannotation and wants a diffrent suffix or ending to the name/word.

People might feel that it is to plain and doesn't deliver a clear message, as "who is Fred, whats that?".

Some might feel that we should go with something entirely diffrent, and part with the whole having Freddys imbedded in the name idea.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I say screw the RP-PVP idea tbh, end of the day majority don't want to roleplay so its pointless going to a RP-PVP server and being bound by rules when you don't want to do it :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I say screw the RP-PVP idea tbh, end of the day majority don't want to roleplay so its pointless going to a RP-PVP server and being bound by rules when you don't want to do it :p

The thing is, normal PVP server is too leet, PVE server is too "mushy", so PVPRP server is really the way to go :)

Well, i'm not forcing hands ofcourse, but i'm heading over to one, no matter really.

If Freddy is there, then i'll join, if not, i'll go into the darkness by my selfish self :D

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
The thing is, normal PVP server is too leet, PVE server is too "mushy", so PVPRP server is really the way to go :)

Well, i'm not forcing hands ofcourse, but i'm heading over to one, no matter really.

If Freddy is there, then i'll join, if not, i'll go into the darkness by my selfish self :D

Thinking the same really, but I will head to PvP servers, if Freddie is there fine, if not np. :)

/edit, For me PvE would be unplayable for me and RP-PVP to easy leaving the only choice beeing regular PvP servers. Besides I'm not a roleplay person, my char represents myself in the way he acts. If my toon is beeing an ass towards you I would probably treat you the same IRL under the same conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom