FH Guild name?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just want to start a suggestions thread so we can have a poll on it.

Gogogogogoggogo.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Look like we are leaning towards RP-PVP server, so I suggest something with schwung and roleplay ish and avoiding the clichès at the same time. Ie, avoid "Dragon" , "The", "Knights", <single word supercool guildnames> ie. "Immortals", "Hate", "Flame", "Toiletbrush" ...

I am very bad with names, so I'll let you guys handle this :)

MyTea

Fledgling Freddie
We haven't decided on the server yet, but...

If we end up on a PvE server, a plain name like "Freddys House Team" or similar could be good. So as to avoid bickering and discussion.

If RP-PvP (where RP factor in naming must be taken) I suggest using first letters (i.e. "F" and "H") and incorporating them into a fantasy fitting name.
Well? "Forgotten Heralds" or something?

Just a suggestion as ECA requested. Feel free to comment/flame/sent hateposts or even agree ;)

On a side note: similar thread should be started on guild structure: officers, leader(s) etc.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
If we want to be an RP guild, we might want to come up with a backstory for the guild before coming up with its name.

Would we be a band of mercenaries? Some kind of royal guard? Bandits? Pirates? A cabal of sorcerers with bodyguards?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
If we want to be an RP guild, we might want to come up with a backstory for the guild before coming up with its name.

Would we be a band of mercenaries? Some kind of royal guard? Bandits? Pirates? A cabal of sorcerers with bodyguards?

That's a pretty neat idea actually. I'll have to make a write up about all of this! Guild structure, leadership, backstory.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
That's a pretty neat idea actually. I'll have to make a write up about all of this! Guild structure, leadership, backstory.

Let the RPers do the backstory and stuff, but structure/leadership is fairly important - the guild has to stick together till endgame and then its really dependant on the endgame itself as to what structure would suit the guild.

Any volunteers for website+hosting btw? :p I got a spare vent server going.

taB

Part of the furniture
Fancy Herpes?

Whoops.

While Freddyshouse would give us an identity that can be immediately associated with this marvelous green website it isn't that immersive a name for a game world like Conan.

Using the F & H strikes me as a good idea, and we could always have a marvelous green banner or such like.

With the formation of a back story, while I've read the Conan novels I don't know how much that lore applies to the game. Probably quite a lot though.

Flatulent Hasbeens? for my choice.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Servants of the Deebs!

No? :(

I like Freddyshouse, but yes, would be rather difficult to fit into a backstory.

But Servants of Deebs, now there's a god we could all follow! :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
heh he'd be aroused, err, amused. in the mean time, I'll see about directing some attention here from those on high, regarding the PM and stuff.

rynnor

Rockhound
Well in my extensive research I came accross the name Frederick being derived from a germanic name meaning peacefull ruler so Freddyshouse could be literally 'House of Peace' which strikes me as rather ironic for a bunch of evil PvPers :p

Plus of course the best way to achieve peace is to wipe out all your enemies.

I think this was best put in "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."

If you want peace, prepare for War!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"'House of Peace"

I like it to be honest, anyone else agree? would be quite an ironic name given the amount of whiners on here aswell.. so would be comedic in an evil way :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
sounds weak tbh

either want something completely farcical or something serious :p house of peace sounds like something youd fine in sims online :p

plus im not into the whole latin thing its been WAYYYYYYYY overdone lets just pick summat like equinox or some other tripe like that or "my other hat is a beaver" just complete randomness

taB

Part of the furniture
Right, have my big fake leather covered book from REH out from the bookcase.

If we do go down the 'F' 'H' route there is one country definately on the map but not in the game: "Hyrkania"

We could portray ourselves as mercenaries from said place, although I might need to check on how it's portrayed in the book (only 1000 pages to read again).

As such we could label ourselves: "Fiends of Hyrkania" or something perhaps similar.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Or Foes of Hyrkania :flame:

Anyhoo, i think the "Peoples' Front of [enter fitting place here]" would work :D

then we could really give it to those "[enter same place here too] Peoples' Front"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
what about "Freedom of Hyboria?"

Dragoons of Hyboria ( DOH ) ?

lol

Given that the era/world is "Hyboria" I think that fits with the H although I dont think going anal about a F&H name is necessary.

rynnor

Rockhound
Or Foes of Hyrkania :flame:

Anyhoo, i think the "Peoples' Front of [enter fitting place here]" would work :D

then we could really give it to those "[enter same place here too] Peoples' Front"

Have you been watching 'The Life of Brian' by any chance? :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have you been watching 'The Life of Brian' by any chance? :p

No! Proposterous! Pfft.

Like i'd be caught dead watching that filth.

On a sidenote, i think i'll call myself Cluteus. Yes, Cluteus Maximus :D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
You could partner with my magess Incontinentia Buttocks....

Hahaha :D

I think we are getting closer when peeking abit on the lore. Or we may call us "Fires of Hyboria" , our agenda being to lay waste on the whole continent.

If we pick the F and H combination, I don't think we can avoid the 'of' though :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fierce Hybornians is without an "of".

Foolish Hybornians is too :flame:

Flaming Hybornians would be nice, but a bit, you know..."Oooh well won't you look at that blade, it's FAB!"

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The benefits of the PVE server is that we do not need to play the nerdy looking for a suitable name with FH initials..... just Freddys House and its done :p

<vader's voice> Come to 'ze dark side of the PvE server....... :flame::flame::flame:

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Friendly Hyborians (carebear guild? :) )
Forward Hyboria! (kind like.. Forca Italia)
Fully Hyborian (a bit racist perhaps?)
False Hyborians (we're really from elsewhere! alternatively we're all selfish rogues)
Fantastic Hyborians (we can be superheroes!)

...and some with other uses for the "H"...

Frantic Harmony (a guild to attract all kinds of players..)
Fast Hitters (it's a brutal game afterall)
Furious Haven (a place where all the barbarians can rest their weary legs)
Furious Havoc (a mean and brutal guild)

*takes breath*

Damn.. i have to run for lunch!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Friendly Hyborians (carebear guild? :) )
False Hyborians (we're really from elsewhere! alternatively we're all selfish rogues)

...and some with other uses for the "H"...

*takes breath*

Damn.. i have to run for lunch!

Duh and more duh!

And who the fuck have lunch at 11:00am???? :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Thought we'd organize the names abit better for reference.

Some points to think about:

While Freddyshouse would give us an identity that can be immediately associated with this marvelous green website it isn't that immersive a name for a game world like Conan.

Using the F & H strikes me as a good idea, and we could always have a marvelous green banner or such like.

With the formation of a back story, while I've read the Conan novels I don't know how much that lore applies to the game. Probably quite a lot though.

Flatulent Hasbeens? for my choice.

Idea pump (to pump up the right part of your brain):

Flatulent Hasbeens
House of Peace
Fiends of Hyrkania
Foes of Hyrkania
Freedom of Hyboria
Dragoons of Hyboria
Fires of Hyboria
Fierce Hybornians
Foolish Hybornians
Flaming Hybornians

Friendly Hyborians (carebear guild? )
Fractious Harlequins (meaning irritable buffoons)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom