FH Fitness Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good that you're doing stuff to mitigate m8. I want to do a full healthcheck for myself and the missus - genetic screening and the lot (I always go overboard). But will wait until work can pick up the bill - if they're desparate for me to go permie then I may as well take advantage.
Getting the pushbike serviced at the weekend, after which it is my get to work vehicle. Also taking it long distance camping.
If you've not used it much build into it. But it doesn't take much building in (@Tom'll attest - he's the hypermiler).

Regularity > weekend warrior. But I have to say - I weekend warrior a lot. I was supposed to ride tonight but we walked into town, had a few beers and shared a pizza.

It's just that nowadays we have a 1 hour (+) round trip and 600 feet of climbing to do on our walk. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
1622301199888.png

It's not big numbers, but considering I am fighting through the pain of over a dozen verrucae on the sole of my right foot I feel I am doing quite well :cool:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
View attachment 44341

It's not big numbers, but considering I am fighting through the pain of over a dozen verrucae on the sole of my right foot I feel I am doing quite well :cool:
Glad to see you're being sensible, different lengths not every day. All good stuff mate.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
View attachment 44341

To be fair they may not look like big numbers to someone of normal height, but they are more like double that for you. Congratulations, excellent work! 🙂
Seriously though, well done, we can't afford for anything untoward to happen to the only voice of reason round here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Awesomesauce.

As the master says:
1622316215830.png

Tom

I am a FH squatter
ehhhh heh heh heh (and this was the return leg, virtually the reverse of the outgoing leg)

screenshot-www.strava.com-2021.09.07-16_52_05.png

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Golf is a lazy man's sport apparently. Unless you play 2 rounds in one day, then there's a bit more walking involved.

Screenshot_20210907-180246.png

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I have been cycling 3 miles to a mate's house, then walking to the beach (Swampool) and swimming for 30-40 mins, then cycling back. Done that every day for a week so far, and it's still knackering. Having a day off tomorrow due to the shitty weather, unless the forecast is way off. Great exercise but means I have not been on the paddleboard for a while.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have been cycling 3 miles to a mate's house, then walking to the beach (Swampool) and swimming for 30-40 mins, then cycling back. Done that every day for a week so far, and it's still knackering. Having a day off tomorrow due to the shitty weather, unless the forecast is way off. Great exercise but means I have not been on the paddleboard for a while.
Keep that up and you'll end up with a body like bruce lee :)

We're re-starting our morning MTB rides tomorrow. Just a 40 minute loop near us. Sets us up for the day as dragging ourselves out in the evening is really challenging.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I've signed up to the Megavalanche in July and need to get fit.

Fucktons of MTB riding will get done in line with increasing daylight - by end of June I'm hoping to be putting in back to back double-snowdons or something.

However, I've zero fitness anywhere else - I've the body of an excel spreadsheet multiplied by too many pies at the moment.

I hate hate hate the gym. But maybe I can do a callisthenics programme of some sort.

Anyone got any advice or links?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So I've signed up to the Megavalanche in July and need to get fit.

Fucktons of MTB riding will get done in line with increasing daylight - by end of June I'm hoping to be putting in back to back double-snowdons or something.

However, I've zero fitness anywhere else - I've the body of an excel spreadsheet multiplied by too many pies at the moment.

I hate hate hate the gym. But maybe I can do a callisthenics programme of some sort.

Anyone got any advice or links?

Yes don't do it

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can recommend hammer and chiselling plaster off a brick wall. My arm looks like this.

NBKGYg8.jpeg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes don't do it
I could sit about in my pants playing computer games and, admittedly, that has been fun. But continued sedentary lifestyle sends people to early graves, and if not early graves - then their old age is a complete misery because their bodies are fucking useless.

So exercise is the way to go. And if you're going to exercise, then fun exercise is the way to go. And one of my ideas of fun is throwing myself down glaciers on bikes :)

BTW - you seen the vids of the crashes? Kind of puts paid to the thought that bikes crashing into people is really something we should be worried about ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUxktR57u0

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Crisps. Beer. Sofa. Farting.

Wanks when the wife's gone to bed.

\o/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
None of it is mutually exclusive @Wij :)

I enjoy farting just in front of other riders and I can (have) stick beer in my backpack, although, it would be admittedly cold (and challenging) attempting to crack one off on the descent :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Aye natural processes suck sometimes - but on the flip side, Norway got some lovely fjords out if it. Went to see them when I was 12, and still pine for them.

Anyway, current workout is moving boxes around. Wouldn't recommend it tbh - hurts your back and not hugely fun - in fact I can't even work out what the scoring system is.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My mileage is well down this year but only because I'm doing this bathroom. I really want a holiday this year though, I'd like to just sod off to Tenerife or somewhere for a month and take my bike. Airbnb with a pool or something.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My mileage is well down this year but only because I'm doing this bathroom. I really want a holiday this year though, I'd like to just sod off to Tenerife or somewhere for a month and take my bike. Airbnb with a pool or something.
If you go to Tenerife look up Darran at Lavatrax. They do nice guided MTB rides down Tiede.

Coffee in the morning, lift to the top, roll back down (with some nicely gnarly stuff) :)

Edit: And Siam Park is pretty much the only type of Alton Towers that I can stomach. I hate that stuff. Find it really boring. But that place is great :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Every single part of my body hurts today.

Did a "big" pedally ride on Saturday around the beast at Coed Y Brenin and then spent yesterday at Antur Stiniog doing uplifted downhilling.

Wasn't able to complete either day. I'm too fat. Too unfit. Just not good enough all around :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I've ordered some kettlebells. I reckon I can fit in 15 minutes a day of a couple of core exercises (swing and get ups?).

Anyone use(d) them? Any resources they'd recommend? I'm a total newb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom