FH Fitness Thread

Exioce

Part of the furniture
At work, but the pic fronting that video features a man with weights....
I had a lot of fun with this several years ago with little/no equipment: Convict Conditioning
After a while though you're going to see the benefit of progressive training that a cheap barbell in your garage allows.
zw13Y.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fat person in seeking articles that reinforces his view that looking after yourself is pointless shocker.

We're all going to die @Moriath. I'm choosing to hedge my chances on living in good health, without pain for longer - and having a hell of a lot of fun whilst doing it.

Which I am :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol. I didnt seek anything. It was referenced in a tweeton my twitter account. And you should read it. It doesnt do what you think.
Read it.

It's still the "I had cancer for no reason" bullshit. Yes, people can get cancer. And for no reason. It's a function of age primarily. But you can hedge your bets. People feel guilty that they're fat and lazy and worry about getting shit like cancer - so they like to pump the "I had cancer for no reason" stuff when only 5% of cancers are hereditary - and diet and lifestyle has a massive effect on it.

This sort of shit has no place in a thread where people are trying to be fitter and enjoy themselves. Fuck off to Random Spam with it if you want to post demotivational shite that makes you feel better for being lazy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Read it.

It's still the "I had cancer for no reason" bullshit. Yes, people can get cancer. And for no reason. It's a function of age primarily. But you can hedge your bets. People feel guilty that they're fat and lazy and worry about getting shit like cancer - so they like to pump the "I had cancer for no reason" stuff when only 5% of cancers are hereditary - and diet and lifestyle has a massive effect on it.

This sort of shit has no place in a thread where people are trying to be fitter and enjoy themselves. Fuck off to Random Spam with it if you want to post demotivational shite that makes you feel better for being lazy.
I read it more that its taking control of your choices when it comes to being ill. And that you can get cancer through no fault of your own. My dad got oesophageal cancer he never smoked, it wasnt in his family, hardly drank, was fairly fit cause he was a policeman. And still he got it.

I think you read too much into it on your side of the bias.

Also why you have to justify your illness when you have one.

I knew you would react like this.

I am 19 stone and 6 feet 4 inches and am perfectly happy with what i am and how i am. I seek no reasuurance i am at peace with myself.

I do what i like and like what i do. I am sure you do the same.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So why's that in a thread that's dedicated to working out then @Moriath?
Its there as information. To inform those who want to read it that you have a choice. That there are different ways to live and none of them are wrong.

That because you are fanatical about fitness doesnt give you the right to look down on those who have chosen differently and be judgemental. As you often are.

So to bring that message to those whom have a fitness bias it makes sense to put it in a thread they are interested in.

With the butt hurt you are showing. It seems maybe you are the insecure one with your choices. And cant take a different view.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not a fitness fanatic at all @Moriath. But I guess it could look that way to someone with a bmi of 32 and a morbid fascination with reading a thread about fitness whilst trying to preach 'be fat and stop worrying to people who aren't fat and don't worry...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yay i got the facepalm.

Stop trying to censor my right to post what i like. And stop projecting your theories onto me.

Im not preaching be fat and stop worrying. Im saying be happy with what you are. Whatever that is. And dont be pushed into doing things you dont like just because others say you should.

Not sure where in the article it mentioned fat tbh. I might have to re read it and see.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm saying be happy with what you are.
Repeatedly. In the fitness thread. A thread specifically for people who like and are happy with getting / being fit.

I don't think anyone in here is unhappy with what they are. They're just discussing things they enjoy / want to do /achieve from a fitness perspective.

That's what this thread is for.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Re read it. It briefly mentions in one scentence the word fat as a question that someone might ask as to why you have gotten cancer. Thats it .. and you seem to have made the whole article out to being fat vs thin. Tbh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No @Moriath. I've made it about you being fat and continually posting irrelevant derailing shit in the fitness thread "as information. To inform those who want to read it that you have a choice. That there are different ways to live and none of them are wrong" - well guess what, it's the fitness thread, and people in here have made their choice.

Now do some pushups or fuck off :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yes you have a problem with my weight for some reason.

The article doesnt say stop exercising. It doesnt say stop being fit. It just says stop looking for reasons that are contra to your life style choice to blame in others.

Which is what you are doing and always do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes you have a problem with my weight .
As I've said before - not at all. Be whatever you want to be.

I, clearly, have a problem with you posting "it's OK to be fat" shit in the fitness thread. Fuck off with your derailing shit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
As I've said before - not at all. Be whatever you want to be.

I, clearly, have a problem with you posting "it's OK to be fat" shit in the fitness thread. Fuck off with your derailing shit.
You as self stated bought up the fat stuff.

I never mentioned that in my original post.

So stop derailing the thread and talking about fat stuff tbh ;).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No alcohol safe to drink, study confirms

@Scouse gonna stop drinking now along with the bacon denial. *may have exagerated the bacon denial. ;)

I'm with this guy:
Yet Prof David Spiegelhalter, Winton Professor for the Public Understanding of Risk at the University of Cambridge, sounded a note of caution about the findings.

"Given the pleasure presumably associated with moderate drinking, claiming there is no 'safe' level does not seem an argument for abstention," he said.

"There is no safe level of driving, but the government does not recommend that people avoid driving.

Bacon's ramped up recently but going to cut down again. But I'm drinking less than I've ever done this year. Funnily enough though - I've just this second pressed "go" on a bottle of this just before seeing this thread :)

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Always suspected that signing up for a race would be the only way to motivate myself to actually get out and train.
So, gave myself 3 months notice and signed up for a 10k back in January. It actually bloody worked! Knocked 3.5mins off my 5k PB (now 21.08) and made a solid stab at the 10.

Annual biking trip this weekend and I'm enjoying the new bouldering gym that's just opened near me, but am determined to find another race to act as motivation for running.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Bouldering is great. I sadly have so little time to go anymore :( Must make a better effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom