Fg RvR Left?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I just cant see the fun in gathering an army of albs to take down like 1 fg of mids and claim the tower to stop instant rvr.

i can`t see the fun in sightseeing in an empty zone.
we wanted big fights, not random zerging, we got what we wanted.
every time the alb army arived, it got beaten by a numerous, but not greater mid force. what you complaining about ?

it just means you have to run around for even longer trying to find enemys on a dead server, ive never liked the idea of taking towers etc but when population was decent it didnt affect people as much.

the lower the population, the more effect than any single action has, true. does that mean we should all just stop playing ? has the time not come then that we should no longer group and should all run solo and if we see someone from the same side, turn around and head the other direction ?

but now, no instant port = pretty pointless even playing

close down one insta port and open up another insta port somewhere else seems ok to me.

Just try and think about what will happen when you kill the instant port :(

i expect the mids to take it back within an hour and think we`ll have some fun defending and they`ll have some fun taking it back, otherwise, an hour later you will probably have irvr in odin or emain.

some people see daoc as some sort of football match, competitive teamsport, 11 players vs 11 players, set duration, place and time. i guess some people find all those fixed parameters a comforting thought. for me that is sooo unnatural in a game about conflict.

i like chaos IN A GAME, not irl.

DAOC is the most chaotic game i know, probably why i like it most.

yes, i know, there are as much opinions as peoples.

ooh, and did the mids who defended against us have a good time ?!? ;)

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
I cba to answer to all your wierd word twisting answers as theres alot of us that have been through these sort of whine threads countless times.

the 8v8 players vs the zergers basically, just gets nowhere

but anyway
"close down one insta port and open up another insta port somewhere else seems ok to me."

as if thats a fast thing to do, not everyone wants to sit outside a keep for 3 hours straight trying to take it down.
just like you do not like 8v8 fights.

nvm :)

E

Eruptix

sigh @ppl like muylaetrix

why cant U just fuck off from cluster and go zerg on a server that has decent zerg vs zerg action (like avalon) ~

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
as if thats a fast thing to do, not everyone wants to sit outside a keep for 3 hours straight trying to take it down.

where did i say i don`t like fg vs fg fights ? i sometimes enjoy fg fights really, but i think decent fg fights are rare and unique, something to smile over if it happens, but not worth getting upset over if someone thinks `cool, fighting overthere :)`. and if you get upset about a group adding at beno docks during irvr, when i have like 40 players on screen, just makes me wanne laugh

and how long do you think it takes 2 fg to take down an orange keep in midgard ?

and like you say, not everyone likes solo / duo / fg / bg / zerg / roaming / keeptaking / whatever.

BUT, there is only ONE group of players who try to IMPOSE their prefered playstyle on others.

maybe it is because they can not hurt the casual players in any way further than killing their toons if they are in the opposite realm or throwing verbal abuse at them if they are in the same realm, while anything the casual player does that is not running with a fg or solo tends to upset the FG community ???

as long as the verbal `we are gods gift to daoc` community doesn`t respect the fact that other players play differently, they will NEVER have respect from a majority of players themselves.

I respect THE rules, not SOME rules some players make up to further their own cause and to give themselves a feeling of moral superiority.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
BUT, there is only ONE group of players who try to IMPOSE their prefered playstyle on others.

so when you constantly zerg a fg v fg fight, that isn't considered imposing your playstlye on others? Sure mate, get a clue.

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
you talk so much stuff thats not related to what I'm talking about, I just would like 8v8 fg rvr because thats what I enjoy most, and was hoping that you'd think about maybe not zerging over the mids/hibs wer fighting

as in, wer be fighting a fg vs fg
your come over and steam roll them...

and this is totally off the topic of what i was asking :(

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
so when you constantly zerg a fg v fg fight, that isn't considered imposing your playstlye on others? Sure mate, get a clue.

when you try to have a fg vs fg fight at beno docks and expect to be left allone with 50 + enemies within sight, 25 of which who were lucky to earn 2 k over the last hour and died 15 times during the same time, soz mate, dunno what planet you come from then. your expectations from human beeings is something i have to call allien.

you want fg vs fg fights without adds ??? don`t go to the most zergy spot in the game. and more important, don`t insult people.

say you want to take your group to agrammon, say a date and say an hour, and we will be there for fg vs fg fights, by generally accepted rules for aggramon.

but ffs, stop whining over adds in the center of irvr.

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
its only alien to you because thats how you want to play the game...

if you had played when action was good, you would of seen many grps leaving others to fight, no matter where you was fighting, weather you was in agramon or docks.

it didnt matter..

you like to zerg everyone that moves, other players do not think like you..

and what makes you think that if even if we to arrange an agramon date for fg fights anyone would want to tell your group about it? seriously you cant expect to zerg the group every day then come to agramon and them to leave you to fg fights? lol

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
I played alb i think it was 3 nights ago. Ran around for a hour with literally nothing to fight which was major ZZzZZzzZ but then fought Grawens/Septina group 3 times in a row and i think they logged so no more action after that. I think those that are left need to somehow coordinate nights on which to play as there isn't enough action from what i saw. On the other hand Avalon is just insane with zergs, would be nice to have a happy medium which imo we had before everyone suddenly rerolled Avalon for stupid reasons. How does the saying go, we shot ourselves in the foot.

Anyway, i had fun cos we had a really old school all stars group from AoD, FL and Arctic Circle. Nice to catch up with some of my old mates :)

hi littles! how's the Temair Cluster?

whitelights

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondered how many 8v8 groups are still around and what days do you run?

We'r trying to run abit more often but some days the action seems ok and other days its just terrible, doesnt help with all the role playing albs who try to stop instant rvr either.....

But afaik there is

Septina pugs
SC
Whitelights grp

who else? :)

Trying to make group now and then, most were pugs lastweek though, maybe next week we can run more fixe'd spots we will see...
:worthy:

Littles

Loyal Freddie
hi littles! how's the Temair Cluster?

Hi Nata!!
Im enjoying it at the moment, had plenty of nice 8v8's but it's a shame im grouped with a bunch of ***** :)

Pop on MSN n00bie and say hello from time to time :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Cloudz, the problem with your group is that you guys are even abusive if some Albs take one tower back that is not an IRvR tower.

Remeber a situation a few days ago, a Hib group went to take Berkstead 2, Link Dead group was there first to kill them for our own reasons, Alb zerg and you came later.

I got 2 PMs from your group + some bullshit in /s, because you guys wanted Hibs to have IRvR too.

Instead of being whining kids you could take initiative and go and get it in an other realm, but no, you prefer to come back to Dyvet, make a PuG and want FG fights on a silver tablet and abuse others who just defend their realm (that was prime time too).

Anyway, since Bondo's PuG stopped pretty much playing there are only doorsteppers and zergers left in Hibernia and the occassional 2 Mid groups, good to see you have such high demands to the remaining players.

:touch:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cloudz said:

You whine when people take keeps in the middle of the night cos it's not primetime.

You then whine when people do it primetime because it's not the middle of the night..

Will someone please for the love of god make up their minds!!!

Or.. the rest of you whiners could go play in cathal.. unbreakable irvr there all the time!

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Nata!!
Im enjoying it at the moment, had plenty of nice 8v8's but it's a shame im grouped with a bunch of ***** :)

Pop on MSN n00bie and say hello from time to time :)

i'm on MSN all the time, haven't got you on it though :( fotm alb grp inc to fight you soon :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Dyvet and FG vs FG?

Maybe if a timetravelling device was invented ...

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
I've never sent abuse to anyone for taking towers, dunno about others from my group,But i havent said anything to any of Link Dead, nor any actual abuse to DA.

I dont mean to whine but its just annoying without instant rvr with the state of cluster atm. soz

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Dark Aurora, Muyaletrix, Maddam, Jordie etc. Guess it's kinda hard to get out the specific people from that guild since they're hardly ever seen without 3 other fg's around. :)

And its kinda hard to see you post anything either then bs in this forum.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
hahahahahahaahhahaahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahaah
ahahhahahahahahaahhahaaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahah

well
HOW ABOUT NOT TRYING TO CLOSE DOWN ACTION BY KILLING IRVR AT PRIME TIME?

fucking ************ /rude :twak:

How about you get a life and go somewere else instead of posting bs on a game you no longer play hen?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
How about you get a life and go somewere else instead of posting bs on a game you no longer play hen?

He is playing from time to time. I took the time to check his posting history some weeks ago, he is a spoiled wannabe l33t kid with no deeper insight ;).

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
He is playing from time to time. I took the time to check his posting history some weeks ago, he is a spoiled wannabe l33t kid with no deeper insight ;).

And lazy since he didnt bother to change his sig :D

(yeah im lazy aswell :D :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
And its kinda hard to see you post anything either then bs in this forum.

How is that bullshit if i may ask? They themselves say they are not in it for the fg rvr, they themselves say they add without hesitation and they themselves say they play how they want and they play for fun.

I'm not judging them for how they play, they're honest with their playstyle unlike certain others on these boards. :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
they themselves say they add without hesitation and they themselves say they play how they want and they play for fun.

Correct

Dark Aurora, Muyaletrix, Maddam, Jordie etc. Guess it's kinda hard to get out the specific people from that guild since they're hardly ever seen without 3 other fg's around

Good attempt to flame but incorrect, not like we ask them to follow our group.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Correct

Good attempt to flame but incorrect, not like we ask them to follow our group.

It's not an attempt to flame, but, 99% of the time when you meet this group they are either
A) Around the zerg
B) Adding on someone fighting a zerg
or
C) Just plain adding on an fg vs fg

I'm NOT whining on DA for this tho because, as i've said a million times, they're honest with the way they want to play and who am i to whine at them for playing the way they want?

Theres a difference between the so called 'i'm only in it for the fg' people that zerg and add regardless and the people that actually are honest with how they play. :p

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
to Muy and co: There is a huge difference to kill iRvR and tower / keep humping.
You can find a lots of tower in mid and in hib. im sure enough mids / hibs go defend or siege fight with you. but noooo .kill irvr.

At one point you right. you get fights what is bigger then normal but i cant see any mids who like to go out and defend the irvr. so again better option to take one other tower or maybe keep.

fujjeh

Loyal Freddie
sigh @ppl like muylaetrix

why cant U just fuck off from cluster and go zerg on a server that has decent zerg vs zerg action (like avalon) ~

why dont u fuck off instead!

Like Septina said before, atleast muy´s group DA arent bullshitting anyone, they dont say that they are in it for the fg rvr, atleast muy is respectable, you are just spouting stupid stuff out of your mouth, attention whore you!

fujjeh

Loyal Freddie
i asume that SB fujiwaja (not sure about spelling) is yours, now that is a real hard hitting nut, only thing that has oneshotted me in h2h while buffed recently, lol

fujixxx hits you for 1825 (or something like that), doesn`t need mentioning i died i guess :p

hehe yeah, sb is called Fujiata.

Was so fun tho, really wanted to see if i could 1shot u with ur dibot, took a few tries but i got ya! actually got your cleric aswell :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
to Muy and co: There is a huge difference to kill iRvR and tower / keep humping.

you forgot to mention crau bridge camping.

You can find a lots of tower in mid and in hib. im sure enough mids / hibs go defend or siege fight with you. but noooo .kill irvr.

problem is, mids are not inclined to defend their fronteer with force, AS LONG as there is irvr in alb. i think most mids prefer porting to alb to get a fight there, over running to hlid, nott or blendrake when it gets on fire.

taking a tower in mid prety much get you ignored for a few hours till you leave from boredom and 5 mins later a lone hunter takes the tower back.

hibs are a lot more motivated to react to threats posed on crauchon as they need it or nged to ship. putting one of those tower on fire is guaranteed to give you a tough fight within 2-3 mins.

and the point is not to KILL irvr but to threaten to kill it (most of the time anyway). people make choises about what they react to. take hlid 4 and you get ignored, put eras 3 on fire and you don`t get ignored. smashing a door on eras 3 - 4 and defend it with open gate (as to leave the mid port intact and not cut our own supply of fresh mids) IS fun. and it gives mids a reason to do something (kick us out to remove the danger of the port getting closed down).

i am a man that wants a purpose for everything he does. just running around in an empty zone with a fg, sightseeing and HOPING to meet a similar group to fight, as a concept, just seems blatently silly to me, can`t help it.

everytime i move over that realm map, i want a reason to move. just running around like a headless chicken makes me wonder what i am doing.

the concept of roaming is totally lost to me. it makes no sense to me.

when i move around the map it will be (most probably) to pose a treat or to remove a treat, not because i want to move around hoping to find enemies.

over the last week, i think the eras irvr has been broken about maybe 15-20 times ? mostly during off hours. i do ONE attempt during prime time to draw people in a big battle and freddies is too small again with all the whine...

At one point you right. you get fights what is bigger then normal but i cant see any mids who like to go out and defend the irvr. so again better option to take one other tower or maybe keep.

like i said, we got bigger fights, and unlike what you said, mids did react forcefully on each attempt we made. ok not with numbers to match ours, but everytime it seemed a well coordinated counterattack from multiple fg`s. and excecuted well enough to wipe a larger albs force EVERY time. respect to those middies i guess :)

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
you forgot to mention crau bridge camping.

problem is, mids are not inclined to defend their fronteer with force, AS LONG as there is irvr in alb. i think most mids prefer porting to alb to get a fight there, over running to hlid, nott or blendrake when it gets on fire.

taking a tower in mid prety much get you ignored for a few hours till you leave from boredom and 5 mins later a lone hunter takes the tower back.

hibs are a lot more motivated to react to threats posed on crauchon as they need it or nged to ship. putting one of those tower on fire is guaranteed to give you a tough fight within 2-3 mins.

and the point is not to KILL irvr but to threaten to kill it (most of the time anyway). people make choises about what they react to. take hlid 4 and you get ignored, put eras 3 on fire and you don`t get ignored. smashing a door on eras 3 - 4 and defend it with open gate (as to leave the mid port intact and not cut our own supply of fresh mids) IS fun. and it gives mids a reason to do something (kick us out to remove the danger of the port getting closed down).

i am a man that wants a purpose for everything he does. just running around in an empty zone with a fg, sightseeing and HOPING to meet a similar group to fight, as a concept, just seems blatently silly to me, can`t help it.

everytime i move over that realm map, i want a reason to move. just running around like a headless chicken makes me wonder what i am doing.

the concept of roaming is totally lost to me. it makes no sense to me.

when i move around the map it will be (most probably) to pose a treat or to remove a treat, not because i want to move around hoping to find enemies.

over the last week, i think the eras irvr has been broken about maybe 15-20 times ? mostly during off hours. i do ONE attempt during prime time to draw people in a big battle and freddies is too small again with all the whine...

like i said, we got bigger fights, and unlike what you said, mids did react forcefully on each attempt we made. ok not with numbers to match ours, but everytime it seemed a well coordinated counterattack from multiple fg`s. and excecuted well enough to wipe a larger albs force EVERY time. respect to those middies i guess :)

You writing to much, can you just make it shorter pls? cba to read that much :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
hehe yeah, sb is called Fujiata.

Was so fun tho, really wanted to see if i could 1shot u with ur dibot, took a few tries but i got ya! actually got your cleric aswell :)

gradiuus is probably a lot harder to kill than the wiz, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom