Ferdinhand Drugs Controvesy

R

r32

Originally posted by Sar
You're not exactly grasping this are you?

HE (Rio Ferdinand) RANG (used the telephone) AND ASKED (enquired) IF HE (Rio Ferdinand) COULD TAKE THE TEST (the drugs test) 2 HOURS (120 mins) AFTER HE HAD BEEN REMINDED ABOUT IT.

THE FA (Football Association) WOULD NOT LET HIM TAKE THE TEST (the drugs test) FOR ANOTHER 36 HOURS.

HE (Rio Ferdinand) WANTED TO DO THE TEST (the drugs test) ASAP (As Soon As Possible), BUT THE FA (Football Association) SAID NO.

If he had had drugs in his system, I don't think he'd be begging to get found out 2 hours later do you?

:rolleyes:

But he failed to turn up for the test, which is taken as a positive result. Rules are rules, they don't suddenly change just because your club paid £35 milion for you.

I hope he is out for a long long time. It would serve him right for sucking so badly.

S

Sar

I'd repeat the post in bigger text, but sadly the forums won't allow me to.

C

B

A

:|

D

darthshearer

I heard on the radio this morning that when the FA got his record of telephone conversations, some were blocked out, just like when I bank statement of soemone is printed in a paper some stuff is blocked :)

Naughty Naughty!

J

Jonaldo

Well you wouldn't want everyone knowing the phone number of your dealer would you?

T

Tom

I have it on very good authority that the reason Ferdinand missed his original test was because of a dose of the Clap, and the ensuing embarrasment.

C

Cpt. Paranoia

I have it on very very good authority that Ferdinand missed his drug test because he's a forgetful ****.

B

bigfoot

8 months and £50,000 :clap:

Would be a bit lol if they appealed and the ban got increased :D

E

Embattle

Yeah just reading about it, I think its right and its about time that the FA got some balls and made their mark on the modern game.

S

Sar

One word: Ngouai (or whatever fuck way it's spelt).

He's being made an example of, and unfairly so.

I blame UK Sports, cos they're an incompetent bunch of part timers.

E

Embattle

Why unfairly so....its about time and if he has to be the first then so be it.

The fact is that if he hadn't missed the original appointment then all the other events wouldn't of happened and everything would of been fine, its not as if a football player has a lot to remember.

BTW its Christian Negouai ;)

C

CptDoom

I think its fair. The absurd amounts of money would make you believe that they could actually do their job i.e. turn up for dopeing tests, hes lost a weeks wages, im sure Man Utd will still pay his wages till september.

Very harsh but i think you probably wont see other players 'forget to miss a dopeing test' ever again.

C

Cpt. Paranoia

I think eight months is a bit harsh, considering players like Bosnich, Stam, Davids all got banned for roughly the same time or less for testing positive. A few months ban would have been fair, I reckon.

That said, I'm not fussed. It keeps him out of Euro 2004 which is only a good thing tbh!

J

Jonaldo

Yep, get Terry and Woodgate into the team.

Actually Southgate or Keown would still probably do a decent job at centre half next summer and they're twice aas reliable as most of the youngsters about, even if they perhaps don't have the legs so much anymore.

S

Sar

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him cos he's a Utd player (hell I hated Beckham the ponce after Posh got her talons into him and turned him into a woman), cos I don't really rate him that much tbh, but I just think the punishment, when he hasn't tested positive for anything, is a bit harsh.

So if this is the precedent for missing a test now, what's gonna be the new level of punishment for testing positive?

A lifelong ban and a £1M fine?

It'll have to be really, at this rate of going.

C

CptDoom

If it makes the game fair and drugfree, a lifetime ban is fine by me.

A

Ash!

Originally posted by CptDoom
I think its fair. The absurd amounts of money would make you believe that they could actually do their job i.e. turn up for dopeing tests, hes lost a weeks wages, im sure Man Utd will still pay his wages till september.

Very harsh but i think you probably wont see other players 'forget to miss a dopeing test' ever again.
FFS! drop the money thing already. He is as likley to forget a test as any player in the premiership right through to ametuer football. The fact is that the FA have hung him out to dry to avoid the interference of FIFA

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by Sar

So if this is the precedent for missing a test now, what's gonna be the new level of punishment for testing positive?

A lifelong ban and a £1M fine?

the harder the better imo.. lifetime ban sounds extreamly nice...

and not only for football :)

C

CptDoom

Originally posted by Ash!
FFS! drop the money thing already. He is as likley to forget a test as any player in the premiership right through to ametuer football. The fact is that the FA have hung him out to dry to avoid the interference of FIFA

Yes, he is being made an example of. What would FIFA have done if the FA hadnt done anything? Also the fact that he was playing whilst under investigation was IMO dodgy. Yes, im an arsenal fan but i dont rate him as a £35 million player and can see Man U doing just fine without him. Especially with January coming and also, this will more or less insure that noone 'forgets' to go to a dopeing test ever again. People should stop whinging about this as its only a good thing in the long run.

Harsh but fair. What a dope tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom