Ferdinhand Drugs Controvesy

D

darthshearer

Check This out.

I bet duck lip gets away with it seen as though he plays for Man Ure!

Yes maybe he did "forget" but the FA MUST act on this. What would have happend to Bosnich if he had forgot?

X

xane

"Yes sir, I was moving house so I completely forgot ABOUT THE MOST F*CKING IMPORTANT GAME FOR ENGLAND SO FAR, next time I will endeavour to find time to move house during the 3-4 months I normally spend sunning myself and getting pissed between seasons".

He's a West Ham lad, so I forgive him ;)

M

mank

Not seen the paper but it's probably a load of codswollop.

D

darthshearer

Nah man!

He has been dropped form the Turkey game. So why havent the FA dropped him from the Premiership games then?

FA = Dicks

M

mank

oh well, pity Campbell's not out as well because they're both fucking liabilities.

D

darthshearer

Originally posted by L_Plates
Well Turkey will be happy :/

I think they will be gutted. Since the last World Cup can someone please tell me when he played a decent game for England? I myself cant think of one!

D

Deadmanwalking

darth, it was on honest mistake, he is human after all (A well paid one at that). He then realised his mistake when he got home and went back to the ground but the testing staff had left. He then contected the FA and got anouther test done 2 days later (As soon as possible for the FA).

Not the actions of someone trying to get away with drug abuse.

X

xane

Originally posted by darthshearer
So why havent the FA dropped him from the Premiership games then ?

He didn't fail a drugs test, he failed to turn up on time for one, specifically one that applies to the UEFA games.

J

Jonaldo

It does carry a large ban, and I hope it gets enforced. No-one is too big for the rules, not participating in a drugs test is as bad as failing one.

It's not easy to forget either, not like you get told a week before that you're going to be tested, as you come off the pitch it's like "here's a container, please come into our little booth and piss into it please" and he didn't. Testing yourself two days later is pointless.

On a postive not, hopefully it will open the doors to someone actually WITH some defensive abilities and not the touch of a trampoline.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Jonaldo
<snip>

Is this because he earns a shite load then 99.9% of the population, or because you arn't a MAN U fan :)

He didn't get asked to do the test at the time, thats the problem. He was due to have it after training but forgot along with the MAN U Staff i must add and went off home instead. He didn't refuse. When he got back he then realised and went back to the ground to be told the drugs testing staff had left.

But hey he earns more then me... let him burn

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
He didn't get asked to do the test at the time, thats the problem. He was due to have it after training but forgot along with the MAN U Staff i must add and went off home instead.
There were four Man U players asked to provide a sample, all the others remembered and he just went home.

Plain stupidity really, you cannot just 'forget' to supply samples for drug testing and then be let off lightly, this would make the testing procedures a farce and no-one would ever get caught.

D

darthshearer

Why did the four other players do the test on time?

Yeh its a damn stupid mistake for god sake and the drug testing people wanted it done there and then.

IMO its both the fault of Rio and Man Ure. Man Ure should have got hold of Rio and said, come on do this test then you can go.

Also Rio was caught on camera in London on that day (apparently).

All in all its a damn stupid mistake by Rio. But if he was ordinary Joe public and was asked for a breath test and didnt do it then would that be seen as evading it? You have to look at all angles im afraid.

M

mank

hey, I believe him. I often forget things when I'm on drugs too.

S

Sar

He asked shortly after if he could still do it, once he had realised he had missed it (this was on the same day he was supposed to do it), and he was told no.

*shrug*

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by darthshearer
All in all its a damn stupid mistake by Rio. But if he was ordinary Joe public and was asked for a breath test and didnt do it then would that be seen as evading it? You have to look at all angles im afraid.

Exactly that a mistake. Oh and joe public would be asked for breath tests with the testing right there and then, not told to remember to turn up at a later date.

J

Jonaldo

This doesn't matter.

Rules are there to be followed, and when it comes to drug testing then they have to be followed rigidly.

Either failing or refusing the produce a sample when asked is a breach of the rules and can be punishable by anything up to a two year ban.

Whether or not is was 'just a mistake' is not the point. The point is that even just making that mistake IS breaking the guidelines of the UEFA and FA drug tests.

D

darthshearer

... Oh and joe public would be asked for breath tests with the testing right there and then, not told to remember to turn up at a later date.

Exactly the tester was there waiting for them! The other four did it so wgere did Rio go? He knew he had to do it, they dont give them several days do they? Surley not, he must have been told taht morning! Hence RANDOM drugs test?

X

xane

Rio should know better, remember when you play for England drugs are bad and will get you excluded, but gang rape is perfectly acceptable. :)

T

Tom

Originally posted by Jonaldo
This doesn't matter.

Rules are there to be followed, and when it comes to drug testing then they have to be followed rigidly.

So the FA's own guidelines on disciplinary procedures don't matter either then? He hasn't been charged with anything, yet his name is all over the media, and hes out of the match.

Not fair tbh.

M

mank

The tests are actually anonymous to everyone except for two people, an FA representative and an individual who supervises the test itself. How exactly this got leaked to the press I don't know, but innocent until proven guilty so he probably should be able to play this weekend.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by mank
The tests are actually anonymous to everyone except for two people, an FA representative and an individual who supervises the test itself. How exactly this got leaked to the press I don't know, but innocent until proven guilty so he probably should be able to play this weekend.

That and the fact hes quality. :)

J

Jonaldo

Apart from the fact he's got no clue how to defend and a first touch like a trampoline yeah he's great.

M

mank

He's wank, worth about 30p not £30m.

I like your custom title btw

D

Deadmanwalking

I happen to think of quite highly of ferdinand when hes on the pitch anyway. Off the like most players, is a completely different story.

T

Tom

Yeah hes really shite, thats why he plays for the worlds biggest club.

M

mank

yeah but he's got a cleft lip and a speech impediment!

I don't rate him. I don't rate Campbell either. Simple.

btw he doesn't play for Real Madrid.

J

Jonaldo

Hard to define the worlds biggest club.

I would say Real Madrid are as they get more media coverage, have more internationals, have been more succesful, won more trophies, have bigger stars, better players, have a larger stadium, get larger crowds as a result and are owned by the Royal bank of Spain which gives them an almost unlimited budget.

And I can think of a lot of defenders who I would rather see in an England shirt than Rio Ferdinand, nothing to do with who he plays for.

edit: mank! beat me to the Real Madrid bit :(

D

darthshearer

Man we should send you for a drugs test :p

Well the thing is hes been stupid and so have Man Ure!

The new thing that pisses me off is there are several England players saying they will boycott the game on sat!

Just who the fuck do they think they are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom