Fellow Albions , Please Read This!!!

Shall i be permabanned ?

• Yes, you shall stay banned forever!

Votes: 132 56.2%
  • No, you should be unbanned immidiately!

Votes: 103 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
arl_dem said:
-> NO 2 PC's use the same IP adress, even when you use the same connection to the internet. Only possible on computers made before the year 1967 (->birth of 1st computer-network ever)
-> outside IP isn't the same either unless the 2 computers do the same thing at the same time without any differences (-> is called a virtual imossible clone)

lol ok mistar network guy. lets have a chat about that, assuming i have 2 comps on my house with 1 router. 1st pc takes 192.168.1.100 and second one takes 192.168.1.200 ditto ? the router is set on an isp and has a built in hub, me who is pc1 access a website, while on the other pc a mate is playing a game or accessing other websites, the website will see different ip from both of us or ?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
sedde said:
sorry to say so then straef, but you are clueless, the internal ip may ofc be different but the wan (outside) ip is the same, so goa cant filter which pc is playing ! next time think before you post
I did think, which might come as a surprise to you. And I also made it quite clear that I only have limited knowledge of computer systems and such, which hardly means I'm clueless. And, as you seem to think it does, I can only think the same of you :x
In my home the pc's have addresses in which the last number differs, while the rest is the same, and I merely assumed that were the way it worked, as I haven't seen otherwise (x.x.x.10, x.x.x.11, x.x.x.12 etc). Also, from my experience, there tend to be conflicts on the network when there are pc's with the same address connected.
And, even if you're right about GOA not being able to tell one IP address from another, they should be able to tell by the MAC address, which is supposedly unique on every pc.
Formash said:
External IP will be the same from the ISP, but that's just one of the things ports are for - redirecting data to correct PC's. you often see on (example) medal of honor servers xx.xx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx - the IP addy is the ISP - the colon and 5 numbers after the IP being where you connect to on a selection of internal servers using 1 IP address from the ISP ... i think...
The numbers behind the colon is the port being used, if I understand what you're saying :p
arl_dem said:
-> NO 2 PC's use the same IP adress, even when you use the same connection to the internet. Only possible on computers made before the year 1967 (->birth of 1st computer-network ever)
-> outside IP isn't the same either unless the 2 computers do the same thing at the same time without any differences (-> is called a virtual imossible clone)
I suppose I was right then :)
sedde said:
lol ok mistar network guy. lets have a chat about that, assuming i have 2 comps on my house with 1 router. 1st pc takes 192.168.1.100 and second one takes 192.168.1.200 ditto ? the router is set on an isp and has a built in hub, me who is pc1 access a website, while on the other pc a mate is playing a game or accessing other websites, the website will see different ip from both of us or ?
You've got x.x.x.100 and x.x.x.200 there, which shows exactly what I meant. It might not be a major difference, but it tells one pc from another, and yes, you will have a different IP showing when you visit a site on the other pc.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
You've got x.x.x.100 and x.x.x.200 there, which shows exactly what I meant. It might not be a major difference, but it tells one pc from another, and yes, you will have a different IP showing when you visit a site on the other pc.

100% wrong

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yes the MAC address is different from every network card but your outside going IP is the same.
Your Router has your IP then it gives all computers connected with it a network IP with the DHCP server in it.
Bit like this:

Code:
                            - Computer 1 (192.168.203.101) <- Network IP
Router (88.88.88.88) <
                            - Computer 2 (192.168.203.102) <- Network IP

Of course the IPs are made up but just for an example every connection going outside has to go through the router and will attach the router IP which is the same for computer 1 and computer 2 and computer 500 etc.
Therefor Mythic/GoA cannot see if someone else behind the same router is connecting unless they log the MAC address which I don't know if they do that.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:

That is your Network IP that your DHCP server gave to your computer but this IP will not show up on sites or anything it's just so you don't get an Ip conflict on your network as you cannot have 2 of the same IPs on one network thats why the router gives everyone a different IP.
The outgoing IP will however be the same for ALL PC's connected to the same router.

For instance I posted the above message with my main PC and this message with my laptop and a Mod can check if the IP's match ;)

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
That is your Network IP that your DHCP server gave to your computer but this IP will not show up on sites or anything it's just so you don't get an Ip conflict on your network as you cannot have 2 of the same IPs on one network thats why the router gives everyone a different IP.
The outgoing IP will however be the same for ALL PC's connected to the same router.

For instance I posted the above message with my main PC and this message with my laptop and a Mod can check if the IP's match ;)

they wont match, but cba explaining shit to straef who only qq's

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:

and you might not have dhcp running and just keep on giving your network cards ip manually ! and afaik mac adresses are not visible through NAT, and all modern routers need nat to operate.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
everything goes through router(s), and it doesn't necessarily mean address is "shared". however some routers are configured to do so called NAT or masquerading, which indeed causes multiple PCs to have same "external" address.

edit: despite that, depending on what information the daoc client collects/sends, it may very well be possible to distinguish the individual PCs, even if there are multiple connections from same IP.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:

sedde said:

They DO match :)

Always makes me smile when people try to understand public/private IP's and NAT. Hell ive worked in IT/networking/backend support for 15 years and I dont fully understand it.

Anyway this is pointless, everyone knows from the CoC and discussion in this thread it is not the person behind the account that is responsible, its the account itself. Dont share your passwords and this kinda of thing will never happen.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
The numbers behind the colon is the port being used, if I understand what you're saying :p

Yes.. Sorry i forgot to write that in after the colon bit in my post...

xx.xx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx - the colon separates the ISP IP addy from the Port number

xx.xx.xxx.xxx is the ip
: separator
xxxxx port number

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Yes the MAC address is different from every network card but your outside going IP is the same.
Your Router has your IP then it gives all computers connected with it a network IP with the DHCP server in it.
Bit like this:

Code:
                            - Computer 1 (192.168.203.101) <- Network IP
Router (88.88.88.88) <
                            - Computer 2 (192.168.203.102) <- Network IP

Of course the IPs are made up but just for an example every connection going outside has to go through the router and will attach the router IP which is the same for computer 1 and computer 2 and computer 500 etc.
Therefor Mythic/GoA cannot see if someone else behind the same router is connecting unless they log the MAC address which I don't know if they do that.

yes tha is correct, in any case i dont know if GOA tracks Macs on theyr logs wich is quite easy to clone. :m00:
so if the network dosent have any DHCP server its possible to copy IP/Mac address but i dont think that was the case.
Your problems here are different:
*GOA wouldnt care less and wont investigate
*You have a crowd here that thinks a minor offense deserves a perman Ban
(who knows some of them might actually QQ one day for happening to them) :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
everything goes through router(s), and it doesn't necessarily mean address is "shared". however some routers are configured to do so called NAT or masquerading, which indeed causes multiple PCs to have same "external" address.

edit: despite that, depending on what information the daoc client collects/sends, it may very well be possible to distinguish the individual PCs, even if there are multiple connections from same IP.

Dont think Goa traces go behind external router´s IP

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
sedde said:
and you might not have dhcp running and just keep on giving your network cards ip manually ! and afaik mac adresses are not visible through NAT, and all modern routers need nat to operate.

"and all modern routers need nat to operate" - wrong they just come that way on standart config :)

"and afaik mac adresses are not visible through NAT" - Not in all situations :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sedde said:
sorry to say so then straef, but you are clueless, the internal ip may ofc be different but the wan (outside) ip is the same, so goa cant filter which pc is playing ! next time think before you post

you're behind a NAT with someone in another apartment?

university campus?

Either way it's academic - doesn't matter if your dog ate your homework it's still gone ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
So if I understand this right you had your passwords in a clear text file called the equivelant of "HELLO_STEAL_ME_PLEASE_DAOC_ACCOUNTS_COME_AND_GET_EM.txt"? and you wonder when your account goes walkies? :m00:

Having them on the comp at all is a bad idea worthy of george bush himself tbh, but in a clear txt file called "codes" ?? :eek6:

and as for the IP side of things it depends entirely on your router and how it is configured, atleast that is how I understand it.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
I find it strange how you were able to get logs out of goa's hand, since they never give it out to anyone...... or maybe im the only one they dont give it out too

i send a mail to goa because i lost something from my housevault an i got the name of the char who pickt it up :) can show it to you if i can still find it ;)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
That guy deserved to get beaten up, now make him buy you 2 new accs, pl them to 50, toa them and then whoop his sorry ass one more time just for the fun of it.

Didn't vote thou.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
So let me get this straight, you're connected through Remote Assistance, and another guy in an apartment next to you connected to the same router manages to hop onto your datastream and plug in on your remote assistance session. I'm not saying this is impossible but he must really know his networking shit then :eek7:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
sedde said:
100% wrong
How is it wrong then?

edit: Nvm, Andrilyn did a good job at clearing things up, tho you hardly helped :d

sedde said:
Aye, I'm a biassed moaning **** ;(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
You are all side tracking, a character on the account did something bad - the account was banned. THE END.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
You are all side tracking, a character on the account did something bad - the account was banned. THE END.
And we lose yet another valued member of the community, boo hoo hoo :d

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Nerve said:
So let me get this straight, you're connected through Remote Assistance, and another guy in an apartment next to you connected to the same router manages to hop onto your datastream and plug in on your remote assistance session. I'm not saying this is impossible but he must really know his networking shit then :eek7:

rofl not really its really quite simple to do it :D:twak:

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
And we lose yet another valued member of the community, boo hoo hoo :d

ok straef you really start to piss me off

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
sedde said:
ok straef you really start to piss me off
Good to know. And you might want to change the 'thanks to GOA' to 'thanks to my backstabbing would-be friend', since GOA only followed the rules, and it's either your friend's fault for fucking you over, or your own for trusting him.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
rofl not really its really quite simple to do it :D:twak:

I wouldnt have a clue where to start so it isnt that simple is it... if it was simple it would be a big red button on top of my pc for me to press!!

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Sedde, i do find it kind of funny - first round some mysterious friend of yours scam Juiliet, use alot of nocturne accounts as cover up, yet all evidence was pointing at you (yes we did get RN logs, times and such) but we more or less forgot it all and let you off, but now your accounts have been involved with another scamming? uh uh.. honestly i got a hard time believing you now. :rolleyes:

Im not trying to point fingers, im just speaking my mind..

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Sedde, i do find it kind of funny - first round some mysterious friend of yours scam Juiliet, use alot of nocturne accounts as cover up, yet all evidence was pointing at you (yes we did get RN logs, times and such) but we more or less forgot it all and let you off, but now your accounts have been involved with another scamming? uh uh.. honestly i got a hard time believing you now. :rolleyes:

Im not trying to point fingers, im just speaking my mind..

hehe, reminds me of the story with the man that glued himself to restaurant toilets and sued them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom