Fellow Albions , Please Read This!!!

Shall i be permabanned ?

• Yes, you shall stay banned forever!

Votes: 132 56.2%
  • No, you should be unbanned immidiately!

Votes: 103 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
I would like to confess you my adventure. Before 9 months i quitted the game to join the army (i didnt have any other choice). All those months i had the desire to play the game again more every day. At these last 2 months, i had more days off the camp so i could start playing again. I made some new characters and re-made templates on some other. Since i studied computer science and i am a mechanic, a friend of mine had some network issues, and i helped him via remote administration. My friend who lives in the next appartment and shares internet with me, used to play daoc back in the days (SI) so i left him the accounts to play. While i was helping him via the remote-administration program, my friend noticed his codes.txt somewhere on his computer, and stole the file. When i left back to camp for 10 last days, i asked him to join the upcoming ml raids as well as taking me some items, if he could. He called me 6 days later to inform me that my infiltrator was good to go, with super template etc. So when i came back to play (11th May), i found 2 of my 4 accounts permabanned for looting another account. At first i thought it was my friend that i helped him with the network issues, but when i asked him, he said he "borrowed" them from Galalissa (GM of The Dragon Senate) from the codes.txt he stole. So i was like wtf, i beat him nearly to death, and the contacted Galalissa, to let her know what happened. From there and on, we are trying to make the guys at rightnow to unbann me. The looted stuff was 53plats and a cottage. Galalissa herself told them via rightnow to unbann me, as i promised that she would take her money and her house back. But they wont unbann me, not even for giving Galalissa her money back. With smart farming, 53plats can be done in less than 4 days tbh. Well I talked with Requiel and he was playing god, telling me that i am responsible for the actions happening to my accounts and that i will stay banned no matter what. Think that this could happen to you, we put so much effort to those characters and now i am getting banned, after paying subs for 3,5 years and buying all their expansions. So i please beg you to answer this poll, and if you like write them via RightNow to have a second chance on me. Oh btw, i was personally in front of a looting back in the days, and requiel was there, and noone ever got permabanned. Maybe for a week max. I feel devastated and now i finally understood that we are paying them, and they dont even care.

Sorry for the big post, but i had to let you understand what happened.
Please vote having read all the post.
If someone can have this stickied, please be my guest !

Thank you for your time,
SeddE

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
That sucks big time :( so sorry to hear that

yeah, and they even not replying to Rightnow to me , even to galallisa, they just ignore us ! :<

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
I've never had an ounce of help from them in all the queries I've had to put through right now so doesnt suprise me one bit. I've also heard its very different on the US server.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
...i found 2 of my 4 accounts permabanned for looting another account...

Not a lot of sympathy, I'm afraid.

You handed your account out to some jerk. Lesson learned. Still 2 accounts to play with.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Graendel said:
Not a lot of sympathy, I'm afraid.

You handed your account out to some jerk. Lesson learned. Still 2 accounts to play with.

I'm sure you've never EVER shared your account with anyone? :x

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Ouch Seddem8 :(

I'll be honest and say it's unlikely Goa will unban your account. The stance they take (and always seem to) is that if you gave out your account details, its your fault with what happened. Also that if the ownership of the account is disputed, it'll probably be banned. At least thats what happened with my old BB account :<

Things

Fledgling Freddie
kinda harsh, but i dont think goa will give u ur accounts back :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Its harsh, but :-

Dont store passwords in a clear text file
Dont give that file an obvious name
Dont allow people remote access to your PC
and dont give your game password to ANYONE

I'm with GoA on this one, sorry.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
it is harsh, but a good lesson to not store your passwords on your computer.

If you wern't high rr it's not too hard to remake your charc and get toa'd etc. Even easier to get a cd key ;)

Gwaen

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:

i would agree with you on that but like Sedde said he hadnt known what had happened untill he got back from the army his friend how ever is fully to blame for what has happened i myself has emailed right now so many time explaining that sedde was not at fault for what happened to my char if his so called friend wanted to do something nice for him then he should have gotten him a hooker for the night . like i said i've asked rightnow to unbanned him yet they kept saying no i'm hopeing that this banned isnt for ever and they'll will unbanned him .

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Gwaen said:
i would agree with you on that but like Sedde said he hadnt known what had happened untill he got back from the army his friend how ever is fully to blame for what has happened i myself has emailed right now so many time explaining that sedde was not at fault for what happened to my char if his so called friend wanted to do something nice for him then he should have gotten him a hooker for the night . like i said i've asked rightnow to unbanned him yet they kept saying no i'm hopeing that this banned isnt for ever and they'll will unbanned him .

But unfortunately the fact remains he should not have given the game login details to anyone else, by doing so he is accepting responsibility for any actions taken by those who use his account. Its harsh ... but realistically fair.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:

true, but in my state now i dont need recommendations!

And yet, i say to you that whole realms share accounts, goa can see that via the ip range but dont do anything, and perma ban for 50plats ? I mean lol!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I tried to read the orginal post several times, I don't understand it.

Is it 3 involved people there with someone living next to someone but yet using remote adminstration software to help with network issues while somewhere on someones computer there are clear text password files and someone is transfering assets to someone without allowance and it's called borrowing and then you are not even there but get shafted for it because it was done in your name?

I am confused!

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i think GOA should've let the players deal with this internally(which they have since the guy got thrashed), by perm banning his account goa has actively removed the possibility of the person that got robbed the chance of getting their items and money back, tbh sedde i don't really feel sorry for you, i do however feel sorry for the person that got robbed.

Since the person that lost the money doesnt want the account banned, it really shouldn't be banned should it?, kinda like still putting a guy in jail although the victim doesnt want to press charges, seems kinda stupid to me, only place where its ok to press charges anyway is when there is threats involved imo.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
true, but in my state now i dont need recommendations!

And yet, i say to you that whole realms share accounts, goa can see that via the ip range but dont do anything, and perma ban for 50plats ? I mean lol!

Your post was to ask for peoples opinions, you have mine and recommendations for others so they do not find themselves in the same situation.

The whole realm does not share accounts - no one has my password except me, and many other players that I talk to in game are of the same opinion and ensure their accounts details are not given out.

The majority of ISP's still use dynamic addresses it would be unfair to ban an account simply because it has been accessed from multiple addresses. It's been common knowledge on the forums that GoA turn a blind eye to account sharing however the instant a problem is reported the accounts are terminated.

I really do feel sorry that someone has lost up to 4 years of time and effort leveling characters but if you do not give other people your password these things never happen.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
what about if he Stole the txt file then...and scammed a good player....i´m with the thread starter on this 1...GoA might have helpt me sometimes but perma ban for some stolen money...thats so low

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Requiel is quite correct when he says that you are responsible for your own accounts. Go back to your irl m8 and slap him some more but don't expect your banned accounts to become free anytime soon.

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I tried to read the orginal post several times, I don't understand it.

Is it 3 involved people there with someone living next to someone but yet using remote adminstration software to help with network issues while somewhere on someones computer there are clear text password files and someone is transfering assets to someone without allowance and it's called borrowing and then you are not even there but get shafted for it because it was done in your name?

I am confused!

I am too.
Tbh to me it all sounds like some made up stuff in order not to have to admit "I let my friend use my accounts and he messed something up".

And no, I never ever gave any of my account names/passwords of any game I played to anyone else.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Ryo said:
I am too.
Tbh to me it all sounds like some made up stuff in order not to have to admit "I let my friend use my accounts and he messed something up".

And no, I never ever gave any of my account names/passwords of any game I played to anyone else.

so not true, and there are 3 peeps yeah, me , my buddy and the guy who was getting remote administration !

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
had a smiliar incident..

I find out items are missing
I contact goa and get logs of who thos items were transfered to (didnt tell them I was robbed)
I Duskwave the name, finds the guildname
I contact the guild and ask the name of the maintoon assoisiated with that alt
I contacted the guy
I got my items back
I told GOA not to ban him as it was sorted, but what had happened incase something alike should happen again involving the same guy

As far as I know the person havent been banned..

as a previous wrote its like throwing a guy in jail without victem has pressed charges... Well no... because the victem has pressed charges, and the guy has been thrown in jail.... The victem just didnt know who it was untill later.
And even in IRL you cant get someone jailed out, just because you changed your mind ... as far as I know

Case

Fledgling Freddie
DONT LEND YOUR ACCOUNT TO ANYONE EVER.

thats in caps on purpose kthxbye

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
no sympathy from me i'm afraid.

Your fault you put yourself in the position to allow your mate to exploit you.

CoC is very clear in these situations

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
no sympathy from me i'm afraid.

Your fault you put yourself in the position to allow your mate to exploit you.

CoC is very clear in these situations

i think i stated that i take fully responsibility, didnt i ?

but permaban ?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
maybe perma is a tad harsh but the only way it would be overturned is a good will gesture by GOA. They have rules in place to protect them in situations like this

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well it may sound harsh but i think its fair... I have lended out my acc, but only to 1 person witch would never do such a thing anyway. Its in the EULA so cant really be much to do about it.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
GoA cant punish a person for something that happens ingame. They have no right to, and, can never prove if it was actauly you at the other side of the screen.
They can however remove any accounts related to the incident, as thats clearly loged, and is hard evidence.
They dont punish the players, they punish the accounts. No matter whos controling it... if it breaks the CoC, it takes the punishment for it.
If they could prove however, it was you at the other side of the screen, you would of lost all 4 accounts and no be allowed back. Thats happened on US servers twice iirc.

Lesson learned the hard way i think. :(

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I'm 100% with GOA on this one. The strange thing is people keep sharing their accounts and these things keep happening, and it's the same whine every time. Account sharers never learn because they think "it won't happen to me".

Don't let anyone else use your account! Accept that you gambled and lost , and your calculated risk (get advantages in game by having someone work on your characters versus risk of shit happening) bit you in the arse.

Why is that so fricking hard to understand? And don't think that "everyone does it" because we don't! It pisses me off when people assume things like that. :( I'm sure the silent majority keeps their account details quite safe and personal, and they never need to be vocal about stuff like this.

.... anyway, good luck and i hope you learnt your lesson about what's cool and what's not regarding DaoC.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldn't remote administration require the guy to be networked with Galalissa, or at least have her ip address, in order to steal any files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom