Fellow Albions , Please Read This!!!

Shall i be permabanned ?

• Yes, you shall stay banned forever!

Votes: 132 56.2%
  • No, you should be unbanned immidiately!

Votes: 103 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Its a tough one. Who is the real victim? Is the story true? What should GoA do? Is it fair? The questions and dilemma goes on.

We must all live with the consequences of our actions. You trusted your friend and sadly he betrayed your trust and you are now paying the price for it, but it isnt GoA's job to undo your mistakes. As your friend this isnt an easy reply to post but you asked me to post here and I have thought hard about what to write and went with 100% honesty.

Im realy sorry for your accounts being banned and will gladly help you get back on your feet if you want to return to the game in some way but GoA acted fairly in this case.

PS: I didnt vote because you left out a 3rd option.

3: I learnt my lesson and a wiser Sedde will join you in the realms at some point

RejuvFluff

Banned
rewrite it, but press enter from time to time... hard to read :< but sounds sucky from what I understood :O
and for the record, goa customer service is a fucking joke... a lot of incompetent fuckers they are.... Xalin seems nice, other than him/her they can all FO for all I care =)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
Not a lot of sympathy, I'm afraid.

You handed your account out to some jerk. Lesson learned. Still 2 accounts to play with.

Agreek

Classic... person fucks up, person blames everybody in the world except himself.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your accounts, but if you put so much effort into them maybe you should have realised that before you shared your accounts with people who loot accounts.

Out of curiousity... did you get permabanned for this straight away? As in was it the first time something like this happened to your account? Because I have heard about a lot of account looting cases and in only a few cases did the people get permabanned. And in those cases it was always because they had previous marks on their accounts.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Pirkel said:
Agreek

Classic... person fucks up, person blames everybody in the world except himself.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your accounts, but if you put so much effort into them maybe you should have realised that before you shared your accounts with people who loot accounts.

Out of curiousity... did you get permabanned for this straight away? As in was it the first time something like this happened to your account? Because I have heard about a lot of account looting cases and in only a few cases did the people get permabanned. And in those cases it was always because they had previous marks on their accounts.

no i didnt have any marks, just permabanned. Anyway, this poll is 50%-50% so i guess it was only me seeing it wrong ! And yes it was the 1st time that something happened to this account.

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
Anyway, this poll is 50%-50% so i guess it was only me seeing it wrong ! And yes it was the 1st time that something happened to this account.

You can always tell your story, but so can everyone.
Even if you could convince your "friend" to call GOA personally, GOA just can't be convinced.
(not sure it's a real phone-call)

These account issues ... the problem is people can't prove what's happened.
I once stated before : GOA always protects the community before the individual.
Bad luck if you are a victim m8, but your accounts are probably lost.

You still got 2 accounts, you still can make new ones.
Sh*t happens, but the best thing is to keep going on.
Tell your "friend" he's a ********** (from me too) and log back in.

See you in-game

Greetz Cabalist Calea

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure that they wont unban u although they should!

they cba to search the hole story really i believe so u can quit the game or start with another acc from now

pistepse me ksero pos niwtheis ;)

ShadowFighter

Fledgling Freddie
I'm against accounts sharing cause this things happends
but i think that GoA should be more flexible on the perma bans and when u restore the damage you did they have to allow you to have your account back , But thats only my opinion ofc ....

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
You let someone use your PC while it had remote admin rights on another one. Imo that alone deserves you a perma ban, that's just downright irresponsible. May sound harsh but it's the way I see it. And there's no way Goa can check your story so imo they did teh right thing.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Im a very fair person, and i actually think you deserve thisone.. GOA has warned not to give passwords away...ever.. i have given mine to my best bud (as i trust him a very lot) but none else and i dare not to.. as said you have 2 accs to play with.. and also.. remember your passwords.. i know both my accs pass in head.. sorry to hear this bud but it is deserved

Everz

FH is my second home
Im confused, you got banend for looting 50p which you gave back?

but peeps like Jarvio, Xioeen, Barker and co whos loot guild vaults and steal from arty/ml raids do not get banned?

GoA Strikes again.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Eversmallx said:
Im confused, you got banend for looting 50p which you gave back?

but peeps like Jarvio, Xioeen, Barker and co whos loot guild vaults and steal from arty/ml raids do not get banned?

GoA Strikes again.
He didn't return the money, as he got banned before he realised what happened. Or so he says. What he said is that he would return the money, if he got unbanned long enough to do so, which GOA won't do.

Personally, I'm not too bothered by all this happening, as I've seen people get banned over sillier things, aswell as it having been your own fault, simply for trusting the wrong people.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Levin said:
Why is that so fricking hard to understand? And don't think that "everyone does it" because we don't! It pisses me off when people assume things like .

Well you allways were the minority :wanker:

Permaban a bit too harsh for someone that has been playing and paying and buying all the patches for 3.5 years "without any other criminal record" for something he is willing to return.....
But then again GOA and Brains never walked in hands

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,
I agree with Kinetix and Dwali on this one. GOA are so low to perma ban some one who knows nothing about the situation but only the PC that's done it, if this guy knows the perpitrator and he plays DAoC then it's him who should get the perma-ban and not Sedde (sp)

If you Decide to continue playing Sedde, PM me in game or ask in my guild for me (Gwyri) and I will be only too pleased to help you out with cash, armour and PL's m8

Btw Kinetix is the avatar you use of you, because if it is would you like to meet with me? a lonly man like me needs a good looking woman like your avatar in his life :)))

Stay Safe
Gwyri
Proud GM of Legion Flavla Firma

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
You give out your account to someone, they do bad things with it, it gets banned.

Simple as.

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
sssshhhhh about the married bit, we all have fantasies and can have a little fun golly lol

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
had a smiliar incident..

I find out items are missing
I contact goa and get logs of who thos items were transfered to (didnt tell them I was robbed)
I Duskwave the name, finds the guildname
I contact the guild and ask the name of the maintoon assoisiated with that alt
I contacted the guy
I got my items back
I told GOA not to ban him as it was sorted, but what had happened incase something alike should happen again involving the same guy

As far as I know the person havent been banned..

as a previous wrote its like throwing a guy in jail without victem has pressed charges... Well no... because the victem has pressed charges, and the guy has been thrown in jail.... The victem just didnt know who it was untill later.
And even in IRL you cant get someone jailed out, just because you changed your mind ... as far as I know

I find it strange how you were able to get logs out of goa's hand, since they never give it out to anyone...... or maybe im the only one they dont give it out too

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Nerve said:
You let someone use your PC while it had remote admin rights on another one. Imo that alone deserves you a perma ban, that's just downright irresponsible. May sound harsh but it's the way I see it. And there's no way Goa can check your story so imo they did teh right thing.

i didnt let him use my pc, he is in the next apartment, we share the same internet and therefore we have the same ip. it was his action, not mine !

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Sharaft said:
as said you have 2 accs to play with..

you just keep saying that, play with what ? my bot accounts ? coz those 2 are bot accounts QQ.

And if you are so fair, why the perma ? It would be better to get a warning that if i dont return the money in 3-4 days then they could kick me all the way ! like i told 100 times before, i was infront of 3 at least robberies of guildies and there was never evern a permaban on anyone. Thats what i dont understand, not the ban itself, but the perma one!

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
You give out your account to someone, they do bad things with it, it gets banned.

Simple as.

orly ?

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh, i have heard a lot of "fair" people in here, but if this would happen to you, you wouldnt say that !

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sedde said:
Tbh, i have heard a lot of "fair" people in here, but if this would happen to you, you wouldnt say that !

If someone stole my accounts and got them banned I'd probably be effing and blinding ;)

However I'd not give them out to anyone to get them banned.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmmmm I know I left it here somewhere....

~looks under keyboard~

~looks under desk~

~looks in drawers~

Nope.... can't find any sympathy tbh..

Accept it, learn from it, move on. 2 BB acc's - use one as BB and one to lvl new toons - at least you have that option still open - others who get banned may often end up starting from scratch.

Vaskez

Fledgling Freddie
I will say the following words not cause i am a IRL friend of Sedde but just to tell u Something
U know that here in greece MANY MANY MANY ppl still playing from net cafes or smt and because Pc here is a bit expensive still and the lines etc we still play from net cafes
So cause u are alone in home and playing qq'ing for your destroyed Irl cause u got none friends irl and only in game and u dont trust em to share pass words of game or smt here in greece not happen the same as we know each other irl and we like to share our passes and everything that has to do with game to try other chars or even to give some HAND of help to out IN REAL LIFE FRIENDS

Got it ? simple
And tbh Goa doesnt really care about this game anymore just some1 reporting or smt and u get banned no matter what u did they just ban u and then going to rest on chair and play their hibs :drink: chars again :fluffle:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
sedde said:
i didnt let him use my pc, he is in the next apartment, we share the same internet and therefore we have the same ip. it was his action, not mine !
Sharing the connection doesn't mean you have the same IP address, as sharing the same address on several pc's is, as far as my computer knowledge goes, impossible.

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Vaskez said:
So cause u are alone in home and playing qq'ing for your destroyed Irl cause u got none friends irl and only in game and u dont trust em to share pass words of game or smt here in greece not happen the same as we know each other irl and we like to share our passes and everything that has to do with game to try other chars or even to give some HAND of help to out IN REAL LIFE FRIENDS

Got it ? simple

Yea sure ..... now I got it!
CoC is for evryone outside Greece, as the rest of us only have a destroyed RL anyway. (!?) :twak:
That is the most sad excuse ever!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Vaskez said:
I will say the following words not cause i am a IRL friend of Sedde but just to tell u Something
U know that here in greece MANY MANY MANY ppl still playing from net cafes or smt and because Pc here is a bit expensive still and the lines etc we still play from net cafes

Got it ? simple
And tbh Goa doesnt really care about this game anymore just some1 reporting or smt and u get banned no matter what u did they just ban u and then going to rest on chair and play their hibs :drink: chars again :fluffle:
Well, most the people that got in trouble for lending accounts to others, or the ones that I heard of, were real life 'friends' with the person that fucked them over.
And I suppose neither of you thought of the fact that lending someone your account is a breach of the CoC, just like stealing someone's items/money is.
Perhaps that added up to the perma ban; having stolen items (whether it was a friend or not) using that account, aswell as having given away his personal details.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Sharing the connection doesn't mean you have the same IP address, as sharing the same address on several pc's is, as far as my computer knowledge goes, impossible.

sorry to say so then straef, but you are clueless, the internal ip may ofc be different but the wan (outside) ip is the same, so goa cant filter which pc is playing ! next time think before you post

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the sentiment, NEVER give access to DAOC to a friend or relative, as it says in the COC not to give access to ANYONE.

Too many times we've read "my mate did this", or "my little brother did that", "and now i've been banned"

I do have sympathy for the ban, still 2 accounts to play, as stated. a lesson learned about friends and look on the bright side, you're saving 16 quid a month ;)

If you didn't give access to friends in the first place, there would be no ban, whether or not it wasn't your fault ultimately has nothing to do with it.

sedde said:
sorry to say so then straef, but you are clueless, the internal ip may ofc be different but the wan (outside) ip is the same, so goa cant filter which pc is playing ! next time think before you post

External IP will be the same from the ISP, but that's just one of the things ports are for - redirecting data to correct PC's. you often see on (example) medal of honor servers xx.xx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx - the IP addy is the ISP - the colon and 5 numbers after the IP being where you connect to on a selection of internal servers using 1 IP address from the ISP ... i think...

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
Vaskez said:

Wow, what's this ?
What has this to do with the matter ?
Ok, when you trust your friends you can share whatever you want m8.
But this is about a REAL LIFE FRIEND who likes to f*ck his REAL LIFE friends.

You just do not share accounts.
This is not a matter of trust, but of common sense.
I don't believe you guys share your bank-accounts there in Greece, same thing.
I'm sorry for Sedde, but this was a possible predictable situation.

Trust your friends, play together, do what u guys do.
But don't share individual data (-> means only for solo)

Pfff

ps
-> NO 2 PC's use the same IP adress, even when you use the same connection to the internet. Only possible on computers made before the year 1967 (->birth of 1st computer-network ever)
-> outside IP isn't the same either unless the 2 computers do the same thing at the same time without any differences (-> is called a virtual imossible clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom