fao Straef

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Hi buddy
Sorry I didn't get the chance to reply to your whine but Flim sensibly locked it.
I came back to the game on Saturday, after 2 weeks off and logged in my scout. I had great fun with a couple of guildies taking and retaking DC.
On Sunday I had great fun with a couple of guildies protecting Crim.
On Monday I had great fun with a couple of guildies..... Well you get the picture.
Just to let you know it's a bit of a zerg-fest between Crim and DC atm so my advice would be Stay Away if you want a fg v fg fight. Last night 6 of us in the guild logged our scouts and defended Crim 3 from a potential hib treat (obviously we weren’t alone). A couple of mid groups turned up to the party so we did our best to deter them as well. The battle lasted several hours and when I logged at midnight we Albs had been victorious. I did go to Hurb on Monday with a buddy to help stop a fgm try to re-take their relic, there were already a few Albs there, but guess what! Yep you got it... I added. In fact I managed to take down a BD and 2 Cocks, 1 of them musta been several rr higher than me as he was worth over 900 rps to both me and my mate. I was made up bcoz this is no easy task for a scout against a grouped cock. But thank you for giving me the chance to brag about it :)
BOT
Anyone who complains about adding when fighting between Crim and DC atm deserves ridicule but that’s not my style.
I play this game for the pure enjoyment of it, all I can do is suggest you take your FG v FG elsewhere, because, and let’s face, NF is pretty damn big and you can have Agromon all to yourselves. Me and my fellow Guildie scouts have no intention of following you there.
Alternatively, if you’re not having any fun find yourself a more suitable game if you’re not having any fun.
I did have a good laugh last night when I popped a ranger right by T4 who's was subsequently owned by all the all the Albs standing close by. One actually pm’ed me apologizing for adding. But I'm a sniper scout so the guy woulda trashed me had I not had HELP from my Realm mates. But I didn't want him lingering around waiting to prey on someone else.
So here's a couple of words you should add (hehe) to your vocabulary.
Realm, Realm mates, Realm vs Realm and Helping.
Bye for now and see you out there...

These are just my feelings and I don't speak on behalf of all the members of The Iron Wind

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
well spoken:) But people with the odd notion that they dictate the game very seldom listens to it im afraid. Its like banging ur head against a brick wall:p But at least by showing them we dont really care how much the scream and curse in end they will change game or give up...but thats a small hope:p
over and out...

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
hey kill:p stop spamm hugging me....i got a thing against too much physical contact among grown men:p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Private Messages are you friend

Adding on a fg fight is'nt helping anyone, its you ruining their fun because you want the 10rp/simply dont like them, dont delude yourself of it being anything else.

But as you said, it's their own fault for fighting there rather than agramon

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Chronic
How the hell am I suposed to know what groups are having a private party around Crim 4 atm buddy?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
actually i dont think many would bother for the 10 rps alone...at least i wouldnt:p But thanx chronic for explaining everyones reason for adding...cause you are also one of those players that is all knowing and dictates i suppose:)? it cant just be a million other reasons ....for you have just the typical thinking of the regular daoc player im sure:p And whats ur reason for adding( as we all stated in million posts all add)?

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Birdy, birdy in the sky, dropped a poo poo in my eye,
me don't care, me don't cry, me just happy cows don't fly

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
actually i dont think many would bother for the 10 rps alone...at least i wouldnt:p But thanx chronic for explaining everyones reason for adding...cause you are also one of those players that is all knowing and dictates i suppose:)? it cant just be a million other reasons ....for you have just the typical thinking of the regular daoc player im sure:p And whats ur reason for adding( as we all stated in million posts all add)?
Find me a good reason why a scout would have a perfectly legitamate reason to add on a obvious 8v8 fight (by that being guilds which actually play for 8v8 fights) which isnt rp's/disliking someone and i'll stand corrected after all there are a million to choose from

<waits>

Baron said:
Chronic
How the hell am I suposed to know what groups are having a private party around Crim 4 atm buddy?
Your a stealther so cant be seen by said fg, you have all the time in the world to see whats happening
1+1=2

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Baron said:
Hi buddy
Sorry I didn't get the chance to reply to your whine but Flim sensibly locked it.
I came back to the game on Saturday, after 2 weeks off and logged in my scout. I had great fun with a couple of guildies taking and retaking DC.
On Monday I had great fun with a couple of guildies..... Well you get the picture.
Just to let you know it's a bit of a zerg-fest between Crim and DC atm so my advice would be Stay Away if you want a fg v fg fight. Last night 6 of us in the guild logged our scouts and defended Crim 3 from a potential hib treat (obviously we weren’t alone). A couple of mid groups turned up to the party so we did our best to deter them as well. The battle lasted several hours and when I logged at midnight we Albs had been victorious. I did go to Hurb on Monday with a buddy to help stop a fgm try to re-take their relic, there were already a few Albs there, but guess what! Yep you got it... I added. In fact I managed to take down a BD and 2 Cocks, 1 of them musta been several rr higher than me as he was worth over 900 rps to both me and my mate. I was made up bcoz this is no easy task for a scout against a grouped cock. But thank you for giving me the chance to brag about it :)
BOT
Anyone who complains about adding when fighting between Crim and DC atm deserves ridicule but that’s not my style.
I play this game for the pure enjoyment of it, all I can do is suggest you take your FG v FG elsewhere, because, and let’s face, NF is pretty damn big and you can have Agromon all to yourselves. Me and my fellow Guildie scouts have no intention of following you there.
Alternatively, if you’re not having any fun find yourself a more suitable game if you’re not having any fun.
I did have a good laugh last night when I popped a ranger right by T4 who's was subsequently owned by all the all the Albs standing close by. One actually pm’ed me apologizing for adding. But I'm a sniper scout so the guy woulda trashed me had I not had HELP from my Realm mates. But I didn't want him lingering around waiting to prey on someone else.
So here's a couple of words you should add (hehe) to your vocabulary.
Realm, Realm mates, Realm vs Realm and Helping.
Bye for now and see you out there...

These are just my feelings and I don't speak on behalf of all the members of The Iron Wind

ohhh mmmyyyy fffffuuucccckkkkiiiinnnngg GOD, maybe you should try and read WHY the last post was locked down, but you probably dont find it anywhere NEAR suspicious that 99% of all FAO posts get locked down

JUPITUS WHERE THE FECK IS YOUR BANSTICK!!!!!!! its just getting worse

Ging

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
Find me a good reason why a scout would have a perfectly legitamate reason to add on a obvious 8v8 fight (by that being guilds which actually play for 8v8 fights) which isnt rp's/disliking someone and i'll stand corrected after all there are a million to choose from

same reason why a hunter put his pet on me when my trio were fighting and winning against a fgh yesterday. That 1 pet cost us the fight.

Im sure it was from an enjoyment standpoint.

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Your a stealther so cant be seen by said fg, you have all the time in the world to see whats happening
1+1=2

Ermm... There's hundreds of players fighting around Crim/DC
hopefully you'll learn to count past 2 at school this year :)

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
ohhh mmmyyyy fffffuuucccckkkkiiiinnnngg GOD, maybe you should try and read WHY the last post was locked down, but you probably dont find it anywhere NEAR suspicious that 99% of all FAO posts get locked down
why should someone be allowed to bitch about my play style and I'm not allowed to respond to it?
Stay outa the thread if you don't like it...:twak:

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
To add, as some people call it in this game, has no meaning. The word i mean and the whole idea as to have "private" enemies in a public game like this.

We are 3 realms, we have each 2 enemy realms. If i fight and loose, and i see one or more realm mates just looking at the fight, i call them cowards, for not having helped "a brother in arms".

I dont know the situation here cause i was not present, but it is the obligation of all albs to help out their fellow men, same for hibs and for mids. Private fights 8 vs. 8 is for me an artificial idea in the game as it is, and if you wish to have fights like this, i think you should spam mythic to make a kind of Insta RvR zones for you, like we know it from catacombs.

It is an endless discussion on this board about adding or not adding. I belong to the players that do add if i see a fellow that is getting beaten up, cause if i do not add, he will loose, and so will my realm in the end.

Its a war out there, not a counterstrike one but 3 realms against eachother...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Baron said:
go back and re-read the thread and you might understand what is being discussed, were not talking about hundreds of players, we are talking about a stealther adding on a fg vs fg (thats 8 v 8 omg i counted how could this be!)

Ging said:
same reason why a hunter put his pet on me when my trio were fighting and winning against a fgh yesterday. That 1 pet cost us the fight.

I can almost garuntee that the people in the 8 v 8 fight dont want "help" from said "add", therefore you arent helping your realm mate at all. You are knowingly ruining their fun, therefore i can only fathom the reason is they dont like them. Otherwise why would you knowingly ruin someone you do likes fun?

I know there are no rules in the gameset saying people shouldn't add, nor am i saying you should'nt, if you want to, go for it. But its the fact that he claimed to be "helping" that a full group (who wants fg vs fg fights) is what i'm disputing. Because you aren't helping at all

To the previous question, yes i do add occasionally and normally it is only out of malice towards one of the parties

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
go back and re-read the thread and you might understand what is being discussed, were not talking about hundreds of players, we are talking about a stealther adding on a fg vs fg (thats 8 v 8 omg i counted how could this be!)

How does my sister cope with being an elementary school teacher...

I started this thread based on Straef complaining that a TIW/Synergy group was adding on his fights

Please go back to learning your sums buddy

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
Private Messages are you friend
Adding on a fg fight is'nt helping anyone, its you ruining their fun because you want the 10rp/simply dont like them, dont delude yourself of it being anything else.
No reference to numbers whatsoever, i have put the point being discussed in bold so you might understand the point

As a result you post
Baron said:
Chronic
I didn't say anything about the location of the fight, nor did i refer to any fight you did/didnt add on , but i humour you and post
Chronictank said:
1+1=2
And once again you dont even read the post and reply with a insult
Baron said:
Rather flamy reply, but pointing you to the fact you arent even reading post before spouting junk, once again i re-itterate what i was talking about
Chronictank said:

Baron said:
How does my sister cope with being an elementary school teacher...

I started this thread based on Straef complaining that a TIW/Synergy group was adding on his fights

Please go back to learning your sums buddy
I dont know, but asumably she reads to you and explains what she just read, as you cant seem to bring yourself to manage it.

But i'll repeat my point once again,

You are NOT helping anyone when you add on a fg fight, scroll up to see points supporting it

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
its no use m8:) trying explain to people that in the first place have the belief that their gameplay is all that counts is hopeless. And then try to tell them that acting like good people socially and act like a decent human being gives them respect from other players....not gaining a rr(which any player can in this game after all:p) or beating a guy solo or others in fg vs fg. So many people behaves like spoiled children cursing and whining and they keep chatting about morals and respect when they in fact have no concept of what the word means:)....so you see...they keep mixing up words and the meaning of the game and then there is nothing the others can do to get it straight for them:) im not talking of the guys that think a solo fight is nice...cause im all for that too....rather the ones that behave like jerks towards others^^
Just ignore the jerks...as they earned...and not the respect they think they are entitled to:)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
its no use m8:) trying explain to people that in the first place have the belief that their gameplay is all that counts is hopeless. And then try to tell them that acting like good people socially and act like a decent human being gives them respect from other players....not gaining a rr(which any player can in this game after all:p) or beating a guy solo or others in fg vs fg. So many people behaves like spoiled children cursing and whining and they keep chatting about morals and respect when they in fact have no concept of what the word means:)....so you see...they keep mixing up words and the meaning of the game and then there is nothing the others can do to get it straight for them:) im not talking of the guys that think a solo fight is nice...cause im all for that too....rather the ones that behave like jerks towards others^^
Just ignore the jerks...as they earned...and not the respect they think they are entitled to:)
I found people disliked in game for whatever reason have often turned out to be very nice people irl. I think you'll find 80% of the ill-will is produced through frustration more than anything else.
Bring to mind the saying "Treat people how you wish to be treated", trying not to simplify it too much but if you have been yelled at for doing something at any point, have you ever tried putting yourself in their shoes and seeing it from the other side of the fence.

I can see why people "add" from various conversations and i have never yelled at someone for doing it (far as i can remember, if i did im truely sorry), but at the same time people who usually do it have no idea of how frustrating it is to have that sence of achievement taken away from you because they intervened. Hence i said you aren't helping anyone when you do it.
On the flip side if you genuinly enjoy it go for it, just expect people treat you exactly the same way

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Just to let you know it's a bit of a zerg-fest between Crim and DC atm so my advice would be Stay Away if you want a fg v fg fight.

Dude I was fighting with the zerg around crim and DC
Loads of Albs fighting loads of Hibs with the occasional Mids thrown in as explained in the original post
Which was aimed at Straef, who publicly belittled our guild so I publicly defended our guild.
I was not adding on a fg vs fg I was fighting with guildies in the zerg
Just because you entered this thread with inane comment based on you preferred style of play does not give you the right to bitch about my reaction to your comment
I was not solo adding on fg's I was with my guildies fighting in the zerg

You joined this thread took it of topic and to be honest you had no right to

So before they close it....

One last time - I was with guildies, fighting in the zerg between Crim and DC

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
as i said im referring to people that keeps acting like jerks cause they cant get their way across with all others...in what way do they deserve any respect for that m8? and why is that an odd point:)? Im sure they treat the people they care about in a nice way. But being nice to the ones close to you and being a jerk to all others wont gain any respct from anybody but the his friends:) And ofc people can loose their temper from time to time...its not those im talking about.Its the constant abusing of other players by pms...or the trying to dictate to others that deserves nothing but the same treatment back...
as for saying that i agree to that most people are nice when you meet them in rl. Cause there they suddenly realize you have to face that person and be take responibility for what you say/act. To bad people cant have that in mind instead of acting out every frustrasion or whim they have here before thinking it through:p
ow well...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Baron said:
Dude I was fighting with the zerg around crim and DC
Loads of Albs fighting loads of Hibs with the occasional Mids thrown in as explained in the original post
Which was aimed at Straef, who publicly belittled our guild so I publicly defended our guild.
I was not adding on a fg vs fg I was fighting with guildies in the zerg
Just because you entered this thread with inane comment based on you preferred style of play does not give you the right to bitch about my reaction to your comment
I was not solo adding on fg's I was with my guildies fighting in the zerg

You joined this thread took it of topic and to be honest you had no right to

So before they close it....

One last time - I was with guildies, fighting in the zerg between Crim and DC
I have EVERY right to join it, if you didnt want it to be a public discussion you send a PM as you quite obviously know his Nickname on here since you refer to him in a locked post.

And once again i didnt refer to anything that happened at x place at x time with x person, all i did was tell you my opinion on something you posted as i thought it was incorrect that being i think you arent helping anyone by adding on a fg v fg engagement. Nothing else, and you resulted in a derogatory comment (just as i did in responce)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
as i said im referring to people that keeps acting like jerks cause they cant get their way across with all others...in what way do they
-snip- because its a long post
instead of acting out every frustrasion or whim they have here before thinking it through:p
ow well...
was odd to me as more often than not they end up being nice people :)
Hehe didnt think of it that way :p
Good point

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
as for puting myself in their shoes.
I have all kinds of characters and played it all. and i think most people in game have by now. All are in the same boat...all have same frustration, but just some people decide to take it all personal and act out for no reason whatsoever against other people. And thats something thats anoying other people and hence starting all these discussions in the first place.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:

Oh how i wish that was me:p I normaly do that to mastade hehe or if im lucky Kippie:p

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't say you have no right to join the thread please read my comment
and i didn't FUCKING add on a fg fight you fucking mindless fucking stupid fucking moron

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
its all down to choice and how you want to play your game - sometimes i like to zerg, sometimes i like solo fights, sometimes i like FG fights, sometimes i like duo/trioing.

I have often said that we all play this game for fun -

If the FG's want to just fight other fg's because that is their fun, then they have to fight in hidden backwaters - out of the way of any other possible people coming to interrupt them. BUT we know this will NEVER happen - as then there wont be the low rr pickupgroups around for them to farm for their rp's - this making them better - but its all a cycle -

I will always attack ANY enemy i see - regardless of who they are or who they are fighting (execpt 1v1's in quiet spots - but a 1v1 in the middle of crim bowl isnt really a quiet spot!) (and except vodkafariy cos he's always nice to me :) )

BARON - take a chillpill and ignore chronic's remarks - report him as a bad post if u dont like it - you are going to get yourself banned :( - this is a good discussion we dont want locked because of u and chronic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom