FAO Roaken

Nate

FH is my second home
Why don't you play on the French servers, Frenchie?!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I know fuck all about coding and databases, but could a new server be made that is able to import the characters of other servers?

It would be cool if they could transfer everything onto 1 server, they dont have a huge player base so the server could cope surely?

I read Iain C's comments about seperate pve zones and 1 pvp zone. This could not be done from what I understood, but could a new server be created which could do this?

sorry if my question is vague :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I read Iain C's comments about seperate pve zones and 1 pvp zone. This could not be done from what I understood

Can be done :) Of course GoA staff are going to say it can't, but it can. "What-Must-Not-Be-Named" can do it no problem.. :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Proof that GOA are moving the servers to America!

richie_0717_goa.jpg
Sadly, the hamster wheel has been destroyed in the process, but hey, least Dyvet will be saved!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Quests? o_o Never touched them. They're ugly :( o_O This is getting OT and into a grey area.

Back to the whole "GoA sucks" thing.

Himse

FH is my second home
GoA sucks.

Now, i know nobody likes to sit down and reply to emails / rightnow all day, but to be honest, its got to the situation where they need to stop using automated replys and actually talk to us.

Letters, FH whine, and general moaning won't get them to do anything, probably 90% of the old DAoC team has buggered off to WAR and just a few are left maintaining the servers, making sure they basically just dont crash.

(Not like Dyvet would with the 20 ppl on it)

I've got to say, it's a really bad display from them, and i am 100% sure that i will be playing US WAR, simply because Mythic actually cares about the 12 dollars i pay per month to play DAoC.

uc :D

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
I think that the population on Dyvet has reached its end on the dawnfall. From now it wont loose more players, and now it has its stable buch of players that wont leave untill the light turns off.:drink:

But the community of Albions should try to play other realms to make numbers more even in rvr....changes might be fun.....

Play more DAoC ftw

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I think that the population on Dyvet has reached its end on the dawnfall. From now it wont loose more players, and now it has its stable buch of players that wont leave untill the light turns off.:drink:

But the community of Albions should try to play other realms to make numbers more even in rvr....changes might be fun.....

Play more DAoC ftw

Repped, I like your optimism and the breath of fresh air it brings :):drink:

Himse

FH is my second home
To be honest, its just like a chain reaction, once one fg leaves, another will follow cos its fotm, then another, then all the rest, and u find half the playerbase is gone.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
To be honest, its just like a chain reaction, once one fg leaves, another will follow cos its fotm, then another, then all the rest, and u find half the playerbase is gone.

I always said that fotm will be the ruin of this game, and it always proved me right in saying it :p

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Not sure it's got anything to do with FotM. If one group leaves the pool of groups to fight against shrinks. This means that a group from the same realm of the leavers may get more fights but those from the opposite realms get less fights & so then have to consider whether or not it's worth staying. If 1 more group decides it's not then all the groups go through the same decision process again.

Now it may not sound that bad but if there's 5 mid groups, 2 alb groups & 3 hib groups that generally run into each other there's the possibility that everyone is going to be fighting at the same time. If 1 of those alb groups leaves then some group is going to spend a lot of time looking for a fight. What used to then happen is the realm with the most groups (mids in this instance) would start to push further & further towards the enemies main port keep in order to ensure that they got the fight first. Mids end up squabbling over what's coming out to fight & the other realms get a bit p'd off(getting ganked before you crossed the first Agramon bridge is never fun).

Now in this situation the remaining alb & the hib groups would start to think is it worth it? & the Mids may feel that there aren't enough enemy groups out to justify them hanging around. The full group scene is just as delicate a balance as the zerg vs. zerg scene.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
It seems a little strange to me that people haven't excepted that Dyvet simply isn't going to improve. Since this thread was started, at least six others have popped up on FH (probably more), essentially all discussing the same thing.

In the meantime Roaken hasn't posted anything particularly relevent to this subject since the 13th of september. That is over five weeks of reading this threads and ignoring them. To be fair, he and IainC have said all that needs to be said - no cluster, no char transfer, and we're under contract to keep an english speaking server open.

So there you have it, Dyvet will stay open, and nothing above and beyond what has already been done (14 days free, darkness rising free, ect) will be done about the population problem.

If you want a busy server, US classic is the place to be. It doesn't matter if you have a RR10 toon on Dyvet, or 15 lvl 50's over two or three accounts, at the end of the day that isn't mythics problem, and GoA have made their position clear.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It seems a little strange to me that people haven't excepted that Dyvet simply isn't going to improve. Since this thread was started, at least six others have popped up on FH (probably more), essentially all discussing the same thing.

In the meantime Roaken hasn't posted anything particularly relevent to this subject since the 13th of september. That is over five weeks of reading this threads and ignoring them. To be fair, he and IainC have said all that needs to be said - no cluster, no char transfer, and we're under contract to keep an english speaking server open.

So there you have it, Dyvet will stay open, and nothing above and beyond what has already been done (14 days free, darkness rising free, ect) will be done about the population problem.

If you want a busy server, US classic is the place to be. It doesn't matter if you have a RR10 toon on Dyvet, or 15 lvl 50's over two or three accounts, at the end of the day that isn't mythics problem, and GoA have made their position clear.

What's your CDS ID?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom