FAO: people who cant spell. omgffs.

O

old.Wildfire

People who can't spell stuff right (or simply dont take the time to look to see how it's spelt right) piss me off. Or rather, they piss me off when I see looooooooads of people doing the same thing over and over and over and over...

1) Band of ILMENITE. not IIMENITE. Look what happens when I put a capital I and then a lower case L... Ilmenite. WOO! CONFUSING! <sigh> (ok perhaps not so confusing in this font, but we're talking basic rules of written language here. Things with titles have a capital letter and the rest is in lower case. grr.

2) Clerics can spec in rejuvenation, smite, and ENHANCEMENTS. not ENCHANTMENTS. There is a BIG difference.

There are others but I cant think of them right now.
Have a nice day.

A

Archeon

i now exactly how u fel, peeps wid de bad spelin shud be shot caus dey is morons ;)

F

FoXeH

don't get pissed off by the way they spell, just laugh at their intelligence

K

Karnage

ROFL....

You have no idea how hard it is for me to not correct everyone ...

I've just started levelling an alt, and currently lvl 14, so stuck in "n00b groups" as they are so often referred to... some of the absolute crap these people come out with really does make u want to kill them IRL

F

FredaOfAxiom

Ah yes but then there's the funny spelling mistakes too... After all I told my guild I was catching a hore from DC.. not the exact spelling but it made us all laugh! :D

J

j000 d000d

calliach guards

Liyn Bafrog

akravr faste

bleedmer faste

briefien

don cruachan

T

Treniel-

think the best i heard was a while ago when sum1 refered to afanc as "a tank"

:rolleyes:

O

old.Niljindil

Midguard <-- gotta be _the_ most annoying spelling mistake ive ever seen in this game. Not because its exceptionally funny or anything, but because of the fact that its just too hard to not know the correct spelling(should see it everywhere).

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Have a nice day.

can't***

;)

just given ya a hard time, those people piss me off too :p

S

Sohan_THC

Well it is kinda difficult to spell some english since for most of us it is not our native language :D

We kunnen natuurlijk gewoon ieder in zijn eigen taal gaan brabbelelen maar dat geeft ook weer zoveel verwarring. ;)

So since that is not a solution , we all try to write some form of english.

And for you english dude's please write some simple english not everybody can read it so easy or quick .

But don't kill gaurds should be readable for everybody who is older then 5 years.

S

Silenzio

u can play a Minstrel not a "mincer"

(mincer: that which grinds; meat grinder)

:( really hate that...

F

FredaOfAxiom

Originally posted by old.Reno
Labs. :clap: :clap:

Danita

OMG! dont!!! First ever /as I did was to report 1fg of Labs outside DL :doh:

B

BrassMonkey

Originally posted by Silenzio

Mincing in England also can mean 'to walk in a camp manner' ie gay.

Therefore I always thought minstrels were camp and gay and anything that they would type on any chat channel i would always read as said in a Julian Clarey style manner......brightens my day.

B

braudristin

Maybe some people have bad eyesight, ever thought of that?
retards...

P

Puppetmistress

Most people playing the game aren't speaking English IRL.

Try and make a perfect sentence on a regular base in Dutch or German (or Spanish). Then you see the problems we non-English people have.

Bloody ignorant to expect everyone to speak perfect English.

And since you did understand the specline enchantment I don't see the point in getting annoyed by it......

S

Stina Handfast

haha and these are problems? 50% of the Middíe population are unable to get any of the towns' names right. Not to mention mobs.

D

darbey

What a totaly pointless post this is?

1. Some people cannot help their spelling , you have heard of dyslexia havent u?

2. English is not always their native language, id love to see you write greek, swedish or welsh without any spelling mistakes.

3. Since when did this turn into an english exam rather than a game?

4. Who cares?

D

Duryn

Welsh is my native language, and I still couldn't make a correct welsh sentence :D.

T

Treniel-

urm to people saying they don't speak english and stuff i think wildfire is talking about in-game spelling...as in names of monsters, npcs and stuff like that not the actuall english your speaking?

T

tankster

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
People who can't spell stuff right (or simply dont take the time to look to see how it's spelt right) piss me off. Or rather, they piss me off when I see looooooooads of people doing the same thing over and over and over and over...

1) Band of ILMENITE. not IIMENITE. Look what happens when I put a capital I and then a lower case L... Ilmenite. WOO! CONFUSING! <sigh> (ok perhaps not so confusing in this font, but we're talking basic rules of written language here. Things with titles have a capital letter and the rest is in lower case. grr.

2) Clerics can spec in rejuvenation, smite, and ENHANCEMENTS. not ENCHANTMENTS. There is a BIG difference.

Have a nice day.

nerd

O

old.Zoyster

It drives me mental tooo:D Like mincer is that much easier to say than Minstrel.

A minstrel = a Musician
A mincer = someone who walks gheyly

A

alithiel50

Zoy, if you look at it from a historical perspective:

A minstrel = someone who prances about gheyly waving their instrument about
A mincer = someone who walks gheyly

See... not much difference at all! ;)

M

moo_work

mincer -> meat grinder -> meat -> organ -> organ grinder -> music -> instruments -> minstrel

you see it's a perfectly logical progression.

S

sorusi

k, will stop camp drim legion then, and start camoing aIbön porktalkkeep

anyway imo: as long as ppl can understand i don't really care ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom