FAO midgaard's PvE guilds

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
There we go again no enemy belongs to anybody. Same goes for a mob not pulled yet. Still 98% of people move on when they see a spot camped.

No where is it said that u can claim a spot with mobs same with adding in a fight.

But 1 thing u can be sure of is u get spamed to hell if u pull a mob from a spot camped.

Not long ago I saw a thread about a member of a RvR guild being hanged out coz he went to kill mobs and didnt follow the rules of the PvE guilds.

Mutual respect is all that is gonna help and yes we play this game to have nice fg v fg fights and get called name coz of it and still have to follow the rules the PvE people set for mobs ?

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
There we go again no enemy belongs to anybody. Same goes for a mob not pulled yet. Still 98% of people move on when they see a spot camped.

No where is it said that u can claim a spot with mobs same with adding in a fight.

But 1 thing u can be sure of is u get spamed to hell if u pull a mob from a spot camped.

Not long ago I saw a thread about a member of a RvR guild being hanged out coz he went to kill mobs and didnt follow the rules of the PvE guilds.

Mutual respect is all that is gonna help and yes we play this game to have nice fg v fg fights and get called name coz of it and still have to follow the rules the PvE people set for mobs ?

that has to be the best comparison ever

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
PvE is different .. mob sites are static (mostly) and to sit at one place and camp them.

If someone is camping amg / mmg i usually more to another spot if i cant join a group there.

But most times if you camp an area in frontiers you get killed as the nme get the drop on you.

I don't think the pve rules transfer accross to what is a completely different sub game in daoc (RvR).

And as such a different rule set is required.

Why can't opt'd groups turn the other shoulder and move on to the next encounter as it has been proven time and time again that shouting abuse doesn't work. Or can we not be grown up about it and have to act like little kids who have had their favorite toy taken from them ?

Rules in PvE work (most of the time) by mutual consent, that means in general everyone thinks they are a good idea and plays by them.

The rules in RvR that opt'd groups have tried to impose are obviously not by mutual consent as so many people so call 'add' into fights. You can only have rules if the majority agree and so far the RvR guild opt'd group route are the minority on the server.

So you can shout and scream all you like but it won't stop ppl adding as they don't think the rules are good and therefore won't comply.

To me that means you have 2 alternatives.

1. keep shouting and swearing about it.
2. Take fg fights where you can get them and just move on to the next fight if u get adds.

Number 1 makes so much ill feeling that number 2 seems like the best route. Especially if you need the help of the PvE 'ers to lvl and gain your artifacts etc in TOA

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
1:st, ive never ever been in a "opted" grp. ive died shedloads. but guess what. ive been having fun the few times ive been out rvr'ing..

sure theres ppl not having fun if they isnt 110% opted and can more or less spank anything they come across.. THAT is NOT fun for me! Fun for me is knowing that sooner or later u ARE gonna loose.. u just dont know when.. and that asstard BO healer is the one that acually should piss of from that grp.. not the thane.. HE didnt wanna run with one.. the others in the grp didnt say anything (atleast nothing that was in the post)

IMO, if the RVR guilds insist on running guild groups then ONLY run that then.. dont join the random grps and try to be a smartass. i still highly respect most of the ppl in any guild in midgard.. but imo... dont tell ppl how to play.... if the groupleader invites a person that thats his/hers desision. and if YOU dont like it... piss off...

fucktards that refuse to be in same grp as certain classes just coz "they aint 1337 enuff" makes me wanna :puke:

the real problem is the rest seems to agree with that healer!
Many of the BO ppl have a thane alt, that they made. they found it he was worth shit so they lvl'ed a new one.

Now you don't aprove of our play style, but we actully aprove of yours, so stay out or our way, like we try to stay out of yours.

I know alot of thanes is getting pissed since I talk trash about their class, and so be it, it is my feeling about your class, and it seems to be shared with a good number of ppl. I will rather go out with a lvl 45 char that fit's into the opted setup then run out with a thane, since I think the lvl 45 will bring more ot the group.

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
The rules in RvR that opt'd groups have tried to impose are obviously not by mutual consent as so many people so call 'add' into fights. You can only have rules if the majority agree and so far the RvR guild opt'd group route are the minority on the server.

none the less the RvR guilds are the majority in the frontiers, yes @ times pve guilds will have a higher population into the frontier zones, but at average the RvR guilds will be dominant

yes, AMG, MMG, those places adding and avoiding such is hard.

also if you turn a corner and bump into a fight, not much to do if a few engage. it requries high amount of discipline not to engage.

but if you see a fight ahead were the mids seem to be winning, at least try to make an effort to not add, as i see it now this is not the case and also why i do /y please dont add

that is a simple request, not a flame and thats all i do. I do it cause i know pve guilds might not think about it, now about pm'ing abuse that hardly ever happens but if it does it will be to another RvR guild who i know respec and try to follow the same rules. so only ppl that can expect a comment like that from me atm, is animus/mael/everlast, but if i do it's hardly abuse :p more like sarcastic. and asides from that those guilds hardly ever add so there's no need for it

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
lol this is the exact kind of oppinion that splits midgard into 2 chunks atm. Wont get better with toa inc imo. have a beer mak, maybe ull make more sense then :cheers:

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath hit the nail on the head 100%.

The point is the entire server population agrees that stealing a mob from a group in PvE is not acceptable. The entire server does not agree that adding in RvR is wrong. You will not change this, so, by that rationale, it is not a "simple request". I think - for the sake of your own sanity & frustration - RvR guilds need accept this.

Zapsi said:

No offense to you Zapsi, but that individual was either lying or mad. Everyone knows (probably by the time they're level 2!) that you don't steal people's mobs in PvE. It is correct that he was "hanged out" - his story sounds like the biggest load of bullshit imagineable! Especially as he was seemingly RvR-inclinded, probably having one (or more) level 50 characters.

People are now learning about end game RvR rules - mostly through experience or forums - but it seems like no-one is accepting them.

Not quite a QQ... but I think the whines are pretty pointless.

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Baduska said:
Stuff about RVR and /yelling

...and you can imagine how ropey that sounds when an unopted group who dont have a skald and have been directed to a group by a stealther scout get to a fight to find it has been stolen by a rvr guild...or catch the end of it and get yelled at. Regardless of whether its rude or not, you have as much right to the RPs as they do. This used to happen quite a bit...but im sure that for the "dominant" people in the frontier zones - this doesnt count.

Directing of battles by stealthers does not happen in PVE, but some of the PVE guilds employ these guys as scouts. Something which is often overlooked/ignored.

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
d34k said:
No offense to you Zapsi, but that individual was either lying or mad. Everyone knows (probably by the time they're level 2!) that you don't steal people's mobs in PvE. It is correct that he was "hanged out" - his story sounds like the biggest load of bullshit imagineable! Especially as he was seemingly RvR-inclinded, probably having one (or more) level 50 characters.

FFS now i'm getting pissed here, d34k try read the threads, this is the remeem incident, he pulled mobs in tg he was the only one in the dungeon with his group, he dind't know about the booking system how hard is that to realise stop calling him a lier it's the truth, FFS plz believe in the truth this is just llame, all arguments against him are based on a lie that he knew about the booking system.

would he have pulled if he saw other ppl down there, NO

he actually went on pve principles that taking an uncamped spot is ok. so please leave him, and notice how the incident has never occured again since now he knows about the booking, please give and apology for calling him a lier

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Fink said:
...and you can imagine how ropey that sounds when an unopted group who dont have a skald and have been directed to a group by a stealther scout get to a fight to find it has been stolen by a rvr guild...or catch the end of it and get yelled at. Regardless of whether its rude or not, you have as much right to the RPs as they do. This used to happen quite a bit...but im sure that for the "dominant" people in the frontier zones - this doesnt count.

Directing of battles by stealthers does not happen in PVE, but some of the PVE guilds employ these guys as scouts. Something which is often overlooked/ignored.

i'm aware that pve guilds dont go by the same principles, and maybe it's rude doing /y please dont add

i do say please, or plz though
and if they do add i leave it there cause once someone already has added it's hard pulling out of fight, i never proceed to flamming them, knowing well enough that during some situation it's almost impossible not adding.

nonetheless that type of thing is the only thing rvr guilds do towards pve guilds. PvE guilds continue to flame RvR guilds cause they dont take interest in their issues, RvR guilds dont flame pve guilds for running zergs, or not running opted FG's only possible flame is towards zergs of opted groups, that we dont like, but we understand the need of umbers to take down an experienced opponent squad if you aren't running an opted group.
fact is most of the flames are towards RvR guilds, and RvR guilds getting them cause they havn't done anything., that sucks imho

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
PvE is different .. mob sites are static (mostly) and to sit at one place and camp them.

If someone is camping amg / mmg i usually more to another spot if i cant join a group there.

But most times if you camp an area in frontiers you get killed as the nme get the drop on you.

I don't think the pve rules transfer accross to what is a completely different sub game in daoc (RvR).

And as such a different rule set is required.

Why can't opt'd groups turn the other shoulder and move on to the next encounter as it has been proven time and time again that shouting abuse doesn't work. Or can we not be grown up about it and have to act like little kids who have had their favorite toy taken from them ?

Rules in PvE work (most of the time) by mutual consent, that means in general everyone thinks they are a good idea and plays by them.

So you can shout and scream all you like but it won't stop ppl adding as they don't think the rules are good and therefore won't comply.

To me that means you have 2 alternatives.

1. keep shouting and swearing about it.
2. Take fg fights where you can get them and just move on to the next fight if u get adds.

Number 1 makes so much ill feeling that number 2 seems like the best route. Especially if you need the help of the PvE 'ers to lvl and gain your artifacts etc in TOA

Here we back again asking the RvR guilds to change behaviour and move towards the rest. cant it be mutual ?

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive met muppets in PVE and RVR guilds mate. Exclusivity is not a luxury anyone has. The most generous, kind hearted, funny and handsome person can struggle to express himself via a chat box, especially if they are having an off day or even not having english as a first language (although this may not be the case). That combined with the differing agendas is the problem.

At the moment though, you are suffering from prejudices of which many will be long standing. And by the very nature of your guild you dont tend to group with others (especially if their class is not the right one ;) ) - do you understand that as gloriously nice as you maybe now, without a means of getting over previous horror stories (which have escalated on both sides) you will continue to be scorned? Indeed the only contact I may have had with you is a yell telling me not to add on a celt who I spotted 10 minutes ago.

I sent Glyph a PM a few days ago - have a read of that if he has still got it.

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Zapsi said:
Here we back again asking the RvR guilds to change behaviour and move towards the rest. cant it be mutual ?

What do you suggest?

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
I never had a problem with opt'd groups who are put together to kill what they come accross. The principle is sound and is not an issue as long as those groups keep in mind that emain, HW etc etc arn't their own personal battlefields and that how ever much they want it a fg vs fg fight isnt always going to happen.

The main thing that annoys me is when ppl scream at you dont add dont add or pm abuse after.

You see an enemy and if u have a chance of killing them you attack otherwise try and out manuvore (sp) / escape from them.

Just because your opt'd doesn't give you exclusive rights to that other group running round emain.

If you get a fg vs fg fight be happy, if you get some ppl add into the fight shrug and move on and try and find another one.

Fighting at amg doesn't really promote a private fight btw.

If we could stop the don't add and pm abuse from it then I think RvR would be a nicer place to be.

My feelings exactly. I think not rezzing isnt in the Spirit of this game its a MMORPG. I still respect peoples right to make that decision and wouldn't flame anyone for not choosing to. As far as 1fg vs 1fg. RVR is random and if anyone pm's me complaining will get a short shrift. I will continue to play as I always have and thats join any fight I wish and encourage people to join any fight they see. Otherwise maybe random groups could kindly request that opted groups only attack other opted groups. YEAHH RIGHTT!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Baduska said:
he actually went on pve principles that taking an uncamped spot is ok. so please leave him, and notice how the incident has never occured again since now he knows about the booking, please give and apology for calling him a lier

The incident hasn't happened again because focus has got nerf'd :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Classified said:
My feelings exactly. I think not rezzing isnt in the Spirit of this game its a MMORPG. I still respect peoples right to make that decision and wouldn't flame anyone for not choosing to. As far as 1fg vs 1fg. RVR is random and if anyone pm's me complaining will get a short shrift. I will continue to play as I always have and thats join any fight I wish and encourage people to join any fight they see. Otherwise maybe random groups could kindly request that opted groups only attack other opted groups. YEAHH RIGHTT!

Rezzing has been and always will be personal choice imo. Yes sometimes its a pain when someone doesn't do it but hey I /release and try again.

Its just the fg vs fg Q3 rules which can never work in a system not designed for it.

If mythic put in a duel system or such like Jedi Academy or such where if u accept your group is immune to attacks from outside influences then fair enough but thats never going to happen in a mmorpg.

If ppl don't want adds in fights take your opt'd groups and duel others in snowdonia or something as no one ever goes there ;-). Or accept with good grace that you will get people helping their 'realm mates' in RvR.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
Rezzing has been and always will be personal choice imo. Yes sometimes its a pain when someone doesn't do it but hey I /release and try again.

Its just the fg vs fg Q3 rules which can never work in a system not designed for it.

If mythic put in a duel system or such like Jedi Academy or such where if u accept your group is immune to attacks from outside influences then fair enough but thats never going to happen in a mmorpg.

If ppl don't want adds in fights take your opt'd groups and duel others in snowdonia or something as no one ever goes there ;-). Or accept with good grace that you will get people helping their 'realm mates' in RvR.

K do what u wanna do I do mine then but then dont come ask me to change what i think is fun. I see no atemp to help us having fun, just same QQ that we dont do this dont do that.

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
K do what u wanna do I do mine then but then dont come ask me to change what i think is fun. I see no atemp to help us having fun, just same QQ that we dont do this dont do that.

He didn't ask anything of you but to show good grace. Surely that can't be too hard.

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
He is not telling you what to do fgs - he is offering an alternative.

He is saying that if you dont like Burgers - dont go to Macdonalds. He is not saying you cannot go to Macdonalds in the first place.

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:

Quality post Moriath, well done sir.

Nicely put imo.

Cheers

Azo

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
We out here to have some fun also, still its us that have to adopt and not the other way around.

Does it matter if we say we ok plz, no have learned that over time and given up, so stop asking for rez, we do it if we can and fell is save and dont interrupt with what we doing. I dont call people names if they join in the fight, but surelly we get called names coz we dont come rez or wanna join the cg or such.

Is allways us that are the bad onces and get blaimed not playing like some wants us to.
We get our fun ruined many times overnight and just move on to next fight, but then come ask us to make it more fun for the people that same time killing our fun is bit odd.

And like 1 said dont like burgers dont go MCD
Excatly what has happend . So want us to join in with our game plan understand us and leave us some fun also. To much to ask for ?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
zapsi

All of my posts have been general but you are taking them as aimed at you which they arn't. As stated above i'm saying you have to go to snowdonia im saying if you cant accept that you may have adds in some of your fights an alternative would be to arrange them with other opt'd guilds in places others are unlikey to be and not the busiest rvr area in the game .. ie emain.

But if you are so blinkered that you can't even take a suggestion in good spirits looks like we are wasting our time and nothing will change.

You will continue yelling don't add people will continue to add leading to more bad feeling and less in realm co-operation. And midgard will eat itself like a mobius strip.

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Makwaerk said:
the real problem is the rest seems to agree with that healer!
Many of the BO ppl have a thane alt, that they made. they found it he was worth shit so they lvl'ed a new one.

Now you don't aprove of our play style, but we actully aprove of yours, so stay out or our way, like we try to stay out of yours.

I know alot of thanes is getting pissed since I talk trash about their class, and so be it, it is my feeling about your class, and it seems to be shared with a good number of ppl. I will rather go out with a lvl 45 char that fit's into the opted setup then run out with a thane, since I think the lvl 45 will bring more ot the group.

Put the names of your chars in your sig so we all know who to avoid imo.

What a disgraceful, disrespectful attitude.

Cheers

Azo

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Have not yelled at any 1 sence 1.54 or so.

Then why is it we get yelled at not rezzing or joining a CG, we have to accept that u might join in on a fight, why cant people accept that we might not rez or join a cg ?
Think we have learned people joining in when they can but the understanding what we are doing is still very low.

There have to space for all of us even we might not like what the other part is doing.

We have tried surgest what we like and gotten a clear no.
People have asked us to do things we try but is not gonna help if the other part dont wanna help us.

Is a give and take cant have it 1 way only.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
ooo we agree on something .. it is always up to the individual to rezz or not .. and it can be frustrating not to be rezzed when there is a healer standing on top of you but people should realise that its not a duty to do that and you might need power for something else

As for meeting half way well theres a start

If the more casual RvR'ers accept the healer rezzing thing and the opt'd groups accept that they are likely to get added on then we are at last getting somewhere

:)

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Serious get real?
And if u wanna make your REALM better and do better in rvr.
Skip the damn gimp classes and do some fotm and do nice in rvr?
Just cause u are using a gimped class, and some random group are around.
Doesnt mean they should gimp it more when they can invite some fotm instaid. I know i did random groups alot and u know how i did it?
I invited ppl i know mainly, if i didnt find a person i know, i invited some random with aleast right class and hope he can play. And if he cant? Kick? Hard? Not really at all, ppl should listen and if someone do a mistake he should tell, then i got faith in him atleast. But random fjortisar often like flip out when u tell em when they did wrong.

And why is it wrong to tell if u invite a person to the group they will leave?
Maybe they know better and dont wanna run with even more gimped group?
And maybe this person know that it gives a better chance if a other good person and class gets invited?

So like a expression,
GET REAAAAAAAAL

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
and that blej is why im glad you left the game.

Instead of looking at things from an objective view you have a totally opt'd view point.

If the rest of a group have no problem with a char joining the group why should a healer who is the pivotal role in the group use his influence to dissued the majority because of his own short sighted views.

If you have a thane in a group he makes a good protector of support classes with guards and slam. They can also finish off fleeing mincers with bolts etc.

As stated it was a random group anyway with 1 healer so why not go have some fun kill a few things die a little.

Can you imagine how the person who's thane it was felt after they said yes and then because of one persons ignorance he cant join and has to hang around lfg again.

Just because a char doesn't do 300 hp dmg every 2 secs doesn't mean he cant help the group.

There are people at other side of the character not just unfeeling bots in a solo fps.

Take your time away from the game to go have some classes in compassion and re integrate yourself into society and you will see what i mean.

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
and that blej is why im glad you left the game.

Instead of looking at things from an objective view you have a totally opt'd view point.

If the rest of a group have no problem with a char joining the group why should a healer who is the pivotal role in the group use his influence to dissued the majority because of his own short sighted views.

If you have a thane in a group he makes a good protector of support classes with guards and slam. They can also finish off fleeing mincers with bolts etc.

As stated it was a random group anyway with 1 healer so why not go have some fun kill a few things die a little.

Can you imagine how the person who's thane it was felt after they said yes and then because of one persons ignorance he cant join and has to hang around lfg again.

Just because a char doesn't do 300 hp dmg every 2 secs doesn't mean he cant help the group.

There are people at other side of the character not just unfeeling bots in a solo fps.

Take your time away from the game to go have some classes in compassion and re integrate yourself into society and you will see what i mean.

blejs has a thane
i have a thane, got ubah equp AFS, 2 eyes of forn for him still he is poo, i'ts sad but it's a fact i have to accept. I wouldn't dare RvR with him cause i know that would why group looses. that's also why i've always been against full cave shamans etc. in other than keep situation it's a selfish spec etc.
i feel good if group does good thats all i need so bringing a thane group will do bad so i'll never do that.

that guy flamming makwaerk, get a grip, realise why he wont play with thanes, random groups dont have to be totally random still strive to do a good setup, just with random ppl instead of guild group.

and yes sucks having a thane, but dont be pissed at makwaerk, be pissed at mythic, makwaerk thinks for the good of the group, and unfortunately thanes aren't it, it's a sad fact and you have to come to terms with it. now if you are a casual player that only has 1 lvl 50 this really sucks. but not to do about it.

and just to make it clear a thane isn't just a bit worse, it's very much worse. my first char was a thane, so i know all about it, dont bring yourself any illusions to how good thanes are, they are simply the worst class in daoc.

/edit one last thing remember that unamed healer that left group cause the group invited a thane? that healer whats wrong with him leaving? yes he doesn't wanna play with thane, but he doens't stop the random group from playing with him, he justs waits cause to him it's a waste of time. the Thane gets to play everyone is happy. actually everyone is not happy cause everyone in the group would rather have had a healer than that thane, and especially an experienced RvR healer, so in that case you are just as biased vs thanes as the BO healer is, if you dont care about group setup you shouldn't care that the healer leaves

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom