fao goa GMs

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
popa said:
if wee make /who csr can u bee anon ?
Neither /who csr or /who dev work, they'll just give the same results as /who all.
You can find us ingame by doing /who 100 but we can be in lurk mode so we may not show up even if we are online. Usually we aren't in lurk mode unless we need to be for a specific reason.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have req on my friends list and he is always on \o/

i harassed him in sobekite - asking what he was doing, coz i was a nosy git :p

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie
about this marketing

First of all in Sweden and in swedish magazines we hardly see a comment
about Dark ages of Camelot.

second I most gaming shops have a list on games they order from
if the game isnt on that list they cant order it in.

I got a business friend who own´s a gaming shop they order from
all the resellers known in europe and the only client they get is the US version of the game in rare occasions they get a hold of a stock of the european version.

My Sister are a sale manager on Ahlens but there marketing board desided
for a year ago not to sell Daoc in there shops.

conclusion it´s very hard to get hold of a copy of daoc and even harder
to get the eu version of it.

and get hold of a copy with all the add ons is even harder.

tips to your marketing department goo to Sweden and check it out
I even can offer some real viking food ..

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
I've always tried to find out why DAoC was so poorly advertised in most countries....

.... I'm still trying to find out.

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Pihls PW Guildmaster said:
First of all in Sweden and in swedish magazines we hardly see a comment
about Dark ages of Camelot.

second I most gaming shops have a list on games they order from
if the game isnt on that list they cant order it in.

I got a business friend who own´s a gaming shop they order from
all the resellers known in europe and the only client they get is the US version of the game in rare occasions they get a hold of a stock of the european version.

My Sister are a sale manager on Ahlens but there marketing board desided
for a year ago not to sell Daoc in there shops.

conclusion it´s very hard to get hold of a copy of daoc and even harder
to get the eu version of it.

and get hold of a copy with all the add ons is even harder.

tips to your marketing department goo to Sweden and check it out
I even can offer some real viking food ..

1 tip: if you can't find EU version in sweden, go to a online shop, like www.amazon.co.uk or www.play.com....order there, you're sure to get the EU version ;o

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
i could've done a new topic for this, but i don't think this is such a big thing anyway... but a question about Eriny's Charm.

is the artifact supposed to drop every time? because our guild has done the encounter several ( over 10 times ) and charm has dropped every time except when we did it for ME :twak:

it's no problem though as we just did it again later, but was just curious if the encounter was bugged at the time.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand why stores like Åhlens etc don't have DAOC instock, first of all it's an MMORPG and you have to pay for it each month.. and I doubt that people will buy it if they never heard of it and just see it on the shelf... though if people read about it in a magazine or something and really wants the game it's really hard to find in "normal" stores.. at least here in Sweden. So you have to order it online from webhallen.com or something similiar but everyone aren't familiar with those online gameshops...

Midgard need more people before NF gets here so advertise in Sweden/Finland/Norway/Denmark asap :>

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
erivoss does like abusing his powers in events- me sitting next to him

sshot158.jpg

:D

Hmmm look he is guildless /gc invite Erivoss

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
First of all .... Don't order TOA from www.Amazon.co.uk!!!!
Finally decided to upgrade my other account, purchased it via amazon on 31st of July, delivery estimated at 1-2 weeks, usual for stuff they don't have in stock ... on Saturday I recieve an e-mail saying it's going to be another 1-2 weeks, Estimated Delivery 24 - 31 of August!

I've been playing DAoC for about 2 years now give or take, and a part from the odd article in PC Gamers net section haven't really seen camelot advertised at all, first time I heard about Camelot was via people talking about it on the EQ server I briefly played on.

I mean you wander into a game store and there's bound to be an Everquest something on the shelf's .... yet you ask about DAoC and get a blank look, my local Game Store I believe only recieved one Camelot & SI bundle pack ( which I bought ) .

You ask any English player what there DAoC wish list would be and i'm sure they'd mention they'd like more English players a 3rd Server and ofc complete RvR Domination for there Class/Realm! :)
I know I had a couple friends that in the end went U.S. just for the choice of servers.

So I hope GOA get there Advertising butt's in gear, and get more U.K. gamers and more revenue for themselfs.

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Btw, that Erivoss piccie .... anyone remember the 111th birthday party from Fellowship of the Ring ? .. when Pippin and Merry let of the Dragon firework :)

Allso erm .. why can't I type B i l b o it gets censored for some reason :eek7:

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
getting TOA in sweden is really hard, since most shops stopped ordering it. my m8 and i got a hold of a gold pack with all expansions and original game in for 350 kronor nerf :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hendrich said:
Hmmm look he is guildless /gc invite Erivoss

i tried that in galladoria once when a GM was roleplaying as a bog man, lvl 7 merc, he wasnt having any of it though :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Mordyn said:
Btw, that Erivoss piccie .... anyone remember the 111th birthday party from Fellowship of the Ring ? .. when Pippin and Merry let of the Dragon firework :)

Allso erm .. why can't I type B i l b o it gets censored for some reason :eek7:

change the b 2 a d <giggles> probs copyright :O though tbh dunno

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Serious question why did you make scalars mob so slow spawning?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
That's a question for Mythic, not GOA, Brynn. (Besides, AFAIK, there are much worse artifact timers than the Maddening Scalars one, and you can get it to spawn when you need it to as well.)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
That's a question for Mythic, not GOA, Brynn. (Besides, AFAIK, there are much worse artifact timers than the Maddening Scalars one, and you can get it to spawn when you need it to as well.)

have to be pedantic dont you belo ;)

get it to spawn? im not keen on throwing my self at mobs 100 times :p

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know if its been brought up already in this thread, but I have a question that most ppl on euro servers would like to know.

Is goa going to hotfix this ?

Artifact Adjustments

- In order to ease some of the frustrations in finding monsters of the appropriate level and difficulty, all artifacts will now use one of six leveling requirements. Artifacts will be assigned to one of the following regions: mainland outdoors, mainland dungeons, Shrouded Isles outdoors, Shrouded Isles dungeons, Trials of Atlantis outdoors, or Trials of Atlantis dungeons. In addition, all artifacts can now earn experience from player versus player kills and from killing monsters in the Frontier zones (including Darkness Falls, Passage of Conflict, and Summoner's Hall).

I understand if you cant give a proper answer for this, but anything would be nice :D

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
ok for the Artefact adjustments.

Woah! Hold your horses it's just gone in test on the US servers and isn't even live. We don't know if it'll be like that in the final version, we have no idea how this change will actually be implemented and if it will even be possible to hotfix. As it stands though, no we will not be hotfixing this. Our position may change in the future but for the moment the answer is no.

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
I can understand why stores like Åhlens etc don't have DAOC instock, first of all it's an MMORPG and you have to pay for it each month.. and I doubt that people will buy it if they never heard of it and just see it on the shelf... though if people read about it in a magazine or something and really wants the game it's really hard to find in "normal" stores.. at least here in Sweden. So you have to order it online from webhallen.com or something similiar but everyone aren't familiar with those online gameshops...

Midgard need more people before NF gets here so advertise in Sweden/Finland/Norway/Denmark asap :>

the point was here about Ahlens sale department hade agrement with goa wannado thru there sale department to provide it in there stores in sweden.

and they broke the deal without telling thats Ahlens

come to think of it they now got mmorpgs in there shops but for some reasons daoc isnt there ..

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i tried that in galladoria once when a GM was roleplaying as a bog man, lvl 7 merc, he wasnt having any of it though :(

rofl i remember that, was so funny seeing a bog man sticking the zerg through galladoria and /who revealed him as a lvl 7 merc ^^

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Mordyn said:
First of all .... Don't order TOA from www.<a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Amazon&v=56">Amazon</a>.co.uk!!!!
Finally decided to upgrade my other account, purchased it via <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=amazon&v=56">amazon</a> on 31st of July, delivery estimated at 1-2 weeks, usual for stuff they don't have in <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=stock&v=56">stock</a> ... on Saturday I recieve an <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=e-mail&v=56">e-mail</a> saying it's going to be another 1-2 weeks, Estimated Delivery 24 - 31 of August!

I know how you feel, I ordered ToA about 4-5 weeks after it's release, at www.play.com and I got screwed tbh, they said cuz it was out of stock: the delivery will take around 14 days

I needed to wait for 6 damn weeks, and I didn't get no email that it would take longer

Gamah

Banned
ilaya said:
btw.. your choice in music could be better :p get some trance in guys! hehe :D

\o/ top man :D!!! PM me I'll sort you out with some top stuff :D!

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
this one time, i saw a purple guy solo atlantis tablet! and when i did a /who it said he was level 100!!!

You are obviously on heavy drugs all the time :eek:

A

Aoln

Marcus75 said:
GOA, Id like to know if you guys intend to improve the Chronicles to something similiar as Camelot Herald? At the moment it gives just the bare minimum of information.

Btw...an option would be to make more info available for those that are doing Duskwave and so on if you dont have the time/money to improve your site.
Any reply to this? Even a "no, we can't be arsed getting the resources" would be nice :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom