fao goa GMs

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
just a few questions, so we can get to know you a bit better.

Do you play daoc?

Do people know you as GMs or are you "anon" Just pretending to be a normal gamer?

Are you in reguler guilds?

Ever get tempted to use "the force" to reset encounters or Artifact mobs?

What is a typical day for you?

Funkybunny

Banned
i wanna answer!!! :D

Raven said:

Do you play daoc?

this question has been sent to higher grounds, they will report back as soon as its investigated..

Do people know you as GMs or are you "anon" Just pretending to be a normal gamer?

at the moment, this question cant be answered, but it is still an open question and might or might not be reported back within short time

no guilds are regular in daoc. every guild is special

no, cause everything is working as intended.

pl'ing

hehe.. im no gm... but i felt like i was so powerful atm that i had to reply :p

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I know Kemor/Zargar play/played

Erviross plays i know - but not which realm, but im betting they cant control stuff from their home computers - as they said those things are in "the office"

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I know one GOA member quite well, he plays regularly, has normal chars, normal cash and at home plays on a 56k connection. The others do play, but I sure not even their guilds know who they are, but they play the game like the rest of us, and dont do anything for self-gain. He also plays other MMORPGs, I wont name them tho :p and no hes not tempted to play with the game mechanics.

As for "nudging" things along, I really doubt it, next youll ask if they use radar, or can fly or teleport at will. These tools they have, but im sure they are a lot more mature than you give them credit for.

vintervargen

Banned
Raven said:

this one time, i saw a purple guy solo atlantis tablet! and when i did a /who it said he was level 100!!!

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh if I had the ability to 'GM Fly' i'd wear Red&Blue, and import an 'S' for my personal emblem. Then i'd fly around screaming stuff like 'Faster than a speeding bullet' at Mach 6 flying over Svasud :D

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Tbh if I had the ability to 'GM Fly' i'd wear Red&Blue, and import an 'S' for my personal emblem. Then i'd fly around screaming stuff like 'Faster than a speeding bullet' at Mach 6 flying over Svasud :D

Lol superman fortehwin :D

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
:clap: rofl :clap:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Raven said:

Do you play daoc?

Yes I play DAoC. I'd be no good at the job if I only knew the game from reading about it.

Some people (RL friends) know who I am ingame however it's a secret I'm not willing to share to the public at large.

My characters on my personal account are in normal guilds playing alongside regular players on the server.

If while playing I encounter a bug and it's something I can fix, then I'll fix it. There's a kind of a 'Clark Kent moment' where I surreptitiously bring my GM character to sort it out without anyone noticing.

A regular day for me.
Get in to the office and start working on my RightNow inbox. Check various internal and community forums for news/problems. For most of the day I'll be working through my RightNow caseload most of which will require my GM character to be ingame. While I'm in the office, my MSN will be on and I'll also be talking to the E&Es pretty much constantly. They bring me details of problems, feedback on recent events, suggestions and general queries.
There may also be meetings to discuss upcoming events and time out of the day to code elements of these special Goa events.
If I'm on an evening shift then from about 7pm I spend my whole time ingame and available on a server out of lurk mode so that any player with a problem can contact me. normal dayshifts finish at 7:30 and evening shifts finish at 11pm. I very rarely get to leave on time though.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Let me guess Req - your on your lunch just now :p

lol give Req another few days and he should get the Scrounging Bastard Tag for getting over 1000 posts :p

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
What Req said (shrug) we play.. we know it's frustrating when things go wibbly... we help when and where we can...

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Raven said:
Do you play daoc?

yes

the vast majority of people know me as a normal player, some know that I work at GOA. The people who know where I work also know what I'd do to them if they started talking so everything is kept in balance :flame:

yes

no, but I do enjoy using it during events especially when people are stupid enough to /duel challenge me :) Also I'll reset encounters that have bugged and/or ml steps if I'm around and have the time.

wake up, lie around in a daze as thoughts slowly come back about whatever happened the previous night. Shower, change, eat, walk, metro, walk, train, walk, get to office. Read the forums, read emails, read the forums some more. Think up of plans for world domination, reorganise 'assets' around the world according to any changes decided upon. Think up of nice ways to kill as many players as quickly as possible, preferably involving huge fire demons, lords of the otherworld and optionally small fluffy white killer bunny rabbits a la Search for the Holy Grail. Oh redcaps also work well ;)

That takes me to about lunch, stampede to the canteen, fight to get first in the pizza queue, grab nearest table to the check outs to make sure people know and recognise us in order to avoid unfortunate incidents with fellow employees thinking an army of tramps has just taken over the second floor. 5 minutes later lunch over and stampede back to office to play games/read/sleep/whatever during the lunch break.

After lunch break I'll think about everything I thought about that morning and get down to some scripting. Extreme pleasure is gained by trapping unwary e&e's into diabolical schemes on the test servers, most of which get censored long before they reach any public server :)(). Then a mixture of planning events, working on permanent quests, writing some background stories etc take me to the end of the day at 7. Then it's walk, train, walk, metro, walk, home.

After that everything gets hazy and I wake up in my bed the next morning with my alarm clock happily chirping away in my ear.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
old.Whoodoo said:
I
As for "nudging" things along, I really doubt it, next youll ask if they use radar, or can fly or teleport at will. These tools they have, but im sure they are a lot more mature than you give them credit for.

was a joke question, why does everyone on FH have to cry over everything everyone says.

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
wake up, lie around in a daze as thoughts slowly come back about whatever happened the previous night. Shower, change, eat, walk, metro, walk, train, walk, get to office. Read the forums, read emails, read the forums some more. Think up of plans for world domination, reorganise 'assets' around the world according to any changes decided upon.

xD that kinda sums it all up eh.

Such a dream work aye. Except being United stats pres where u think up of plans for world domination and can try em out irl ^^

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Maybe one of your inn-game friends are GOA admins! I bet this makes you exited. :p

Let's make a new thread, guess who the GOA admin is inngame. Those zerging infils spamming rude after killing me might be one you know.

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
seen zenythe 2 day lvl 100 mystic 0o,can u guys be anyclass u like, :kissit:

also waht is jure armor like :p

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
vintervargen said:
erivoss :worthy:

(ps. you guys could make big bucks, just start a PL 'firm' :D)

not everyone is as interested in ebay as you ;)

Battusai

Fledgling Freddie
Always nice to pm the high and mighty and acctualy get respons :clap:

had it happen yesterday when my hunter (Tallgeese) dint get any credit on ml2 for what ever reason.

Even more so since the previous and only gm message i ever had was "You may not bind on that roof",try guessing where that was ;)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
Maybe one of your inn-game friends are GOA admins! I bet this makes you exited. :p
Yeah, getting hard as I read :eek6:

Anyways, nice reading. Cool to get a little glimpse of your workday. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom