fao everhate

J

jaapi

Originally posted by Hestetun
all arent taken u mong. Thats the point here , there is alot of spots left. They where free to take any of em ANY OF THE FUCKING SPOTS !! u see thats why this is so fucking lame.
I seriously hope that you aren't responsible for PR in your guild. :)

I'm not judging them or anyone, but every guild that was in this agreement knew that there are risks and they might lose the spot. Crying about it doesn't help.

And that's only one spot really, like you said, there are plenty.

H

Hamromendou

Everhate stole one of our lots...*yawn*

Well here's the deal...You cant claim a plot by writing it on a list people can buy whatever they want as long as they can, i understand if youre mad but you are wrong and they are right..

F

Faeldawn

:ROFLMAO:

Tell ya what Tyka, if this is the thanks you get for spending your time trying to organise a plot system that you really didn't have to then tbph fuck em.

Some people dont appreciate the fact that certain individuals take it upon themselves to try and organise the realm so as to avoid guild in-fighting (and petty squabbles) and let us all concentrate on fighting the other realms.

Hibernia should be grateful that players like Tyka and Xfear give of their free time to do such things, i certainly dont have this kind of time or patience and all you can do is moan when things dont work 100% perfectly?

This was never going to work perfectly, with over 100 guilds in the realm it simply couldn't, but it's probably helped over 50% of the realm save several thousand plat and prevented a lot of potential animosity between the larger guilds.

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

W

wyleia

Yes u can do whatever.. I can walk up to a camp that is camped by another group and start to pull it if i wanted to.. they dont OWN the camp. I can go and pull mobs thru other grps pbaoe to wipe them.. Really, you can go on and on about people can do anything they want in this game, but it would be a pretty horrid place for all if people just acted in their own self interest all the time such as Everhate did...

A

Arnor

hides boner in popcorn-bin and leans it towards fluid :p

this thread reminds me of a class lastname Tyka used to have on his caster, anyone manage to guess which?

D

Danya

I'd ask for popcorn Arnor but... maybe not. :p

Tis quite funny though, was bound to happen, tbh should have paid up sooner if you were that bothered about the spot.

F

finbahr

Originally posted by jaapi
Put yourself in their shoes... What would you have done if your guild couldn't make it to that cg meeting and when trying to get a plot you like you would find out that they are all taken?

my guild was not in the cg we checked on BW read the post chatted in /gu picked an empty village chatted to celtic leaf army decided to share a village with them still think there will be houses left over in ayshire glen also

its not hard to co operate, it just takes a bit of consideration why did they not ask La "is it ok to have a house in that village?"

i'm sure La may have loved a craft guild there it at least gives an option

F

franya

Originally posted by Lessurl
As in this case all they wanted was a single slot in that village there was a good chance that LA might have agreed to share with them, had they asked.
Well with the way some of the LA people present themselfs i wouldn't consider to ask them. There are nice people in LA, but too many are of the ignore them kind.

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by franya
Well with the way some of the LA people present themselfs i wouldn't consider to ask them. There are nice people in LA, but too many are of the ignore them kind.

Appearances can be decieving. You shouldn't judge people by how they act on a forum or occasionally in public in DaoC.
For example, a lot of people might joke about in a way they might do on guildchat with their friends but in a way that gets misunderstood by people who don't really know them. People might joke about being uber etc. in guild chat and guildies all have a laugh about it. But some people might also then joke about being great in public, but a lot or people misunderstand and take them as arrogant. This is only one example of how people can be misunderstood based on their forum actions.

There are many people who you might think were arrogant, twats, [insert insult here] from what they post here who i have talked to ingame and every one of them so far has been extremelly approachable and not at all like their forum persona. As you seem to be attacking LA here i'll bring up an LA example. If you go by what you read on forums etc. then LA are nothing more than RP whores. Yet last week when we were trying to open DF, failed first attempt through bad luck when a random mid grp dropped by to buff. Most of the people got disheartened and left. We were left with 7 people in a random group and no rams (lost both first attempt) tho doors were paper thin. We only had 2 druids and a ranger hacking away at them tho. :p We put out a call on /as for assistance to take this keep and open DF. 1fg LA answered the call. They didn't come to farm rps, they came, helped us take the keep and open df, then left. Didn't stay to farm, just helped us to get df open.
So, to sum up I'm gonna go for a good old cliche. Don't judge a book by its cover. :)

P

PJS

Originally posted by Tyka
PJS, seems liek you dont understand so ill quote myself, and read auvryndars reply to this, if you cant understand this then you have some serious problems, this is all i have to say bout this matter.

Tyka, seems like you dont understand so I will re-quote the important part.

4-So we saw the original great Tyka's idea as something like "we are gonna buy the villages iwe wish by 10P and u can buy another one we swear will don't get any other one village" not fair to us as we farmed and crafted a lot to buy a nice plot at foundations not fair to us as we were not invited on any cg to talk about claims so we got no chance to get any of the places we were wishing to buy.

Is this the reaction of someone who reached an amicable agreement with you and was completely happy with you keeping the whole of your claimed village? Did you even consider that that the fact your guild 'claimed' Sylaun first or is bigger is IRRELEVANT and they have EQUAL rights to it even if they werent in the initial cg? Theres a bought up plot in LAs preferred village and a huge flame thread that seem to indicate otherwise.

But hey if you cant win an argument with logic just hurl abuse and ignore them. Then you can pretend youve won.

T

Tyka

PJs sigh, your brain seem to not work correct or what the hell is your problem?

Me and the Everhate GM was coming to an agreement in Private Messages, me saying Sylaun is claimed was just a part of it all, it did not end there ok ? And you being stupid, "assuming" something shows how much you know about the matter.

What I'm sick of are people like you, that say that everyone can do whatever they like it's just a game, without knowing what some people done for the realm, being clueless and acting like a big shot here. From now on don't expect any help from me or the guild I'm in, whenever we do any raids or agreement with the rest of the realm, we don't want people with your attitude being there.

It seems like you're just arguing against me to have something to do? I explained it very clear now, and if you want to keep on making a fool out of yourself, then be my guest, I won't reply to you anymore, most people here got the point, now you try to figure it out.

T

Tyka

Originally posted by PJS
Is this the reaction of someone who reached an amicable agreement with you and was completely happy with you keeping the whole of your claimed village? Did you even consider that that the fact your guild 'claimed' Sylaun first or is bigger is IRRELEVANT and they have EQUAL rights to it even if they werent in the initial cg? Theres a bought up plot in LAs preferred village and a huge flame thread that seem to indicate otherwise.

You editted your post after I made mine so I have to reply to this.

No It's not the right "reaction" to do, but what do you know? Nothing, you're just rambling, what you say is bullshit and is not how I treated Everhate.

I came up with the idea and the guilds mentioned all agreed with me, I treat them the same way I treat Everhate, so please don't open your mouth before reading and understanding all 3 threads concerning this matter..

Geez some people will NEVER understand..

P

PJS

What I'm sick of are people like you, that say that everyone can do whatever they like it's just a game, without knowing what some people done for the realm, being clueless and acting like a big shot here. From now on don't expect any help from me or the guild I'm in, whenever we do any raids or agreement with the rest of the realm, we don't want people with your attitude being there.

Oh this is hilarious. YOU dont want people with MY attitude in your raids. So an attitude of generosity, fairness, impartiality, compassion, understanding is undesired in anything you do. Fine count me out then.

"What I'm sick of are people like you, that say that everyone can do whatever they like it's just a game"

Go on post a quote of me saying this in any sort of selfish way. I said it once in a positive way where I said I choose to be nice.

"I won't reply to you anymore, most people here got the point, now you try to figure it out."

Quad Erat Demonstrandum

A

angara-ffs

PJS, do you think Tyka is hard to work with? 20 guilds got the whole idea and i doubt he treated Everhate the way you say?

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by PJS
The plot they initially wanted was 'taken' by Vengeance. Had he contacted them to discuss it I would guess the reply would be along the lines of 'That spot's taken read the BW thread, go somewhere else'. Please tell me Im wrong.

Yes you're wrong, this is where it all started, YOU assuming something that is wrong.

P

PJS

No It's not the right "reaction" to do

So you agree that this is not the reaction of someone who came to an amicable agreement. So who is the more reliable witness in this matter? A small guild of crafters that are described as nice guys that everyone was initially shocked to hear would do something like this. Or you, who consider all unguildgrouped non-Vengeance Hibernians "random mongs"?

T

Tyka

Originally posted by PJS
So you agree that this is not the reaction of someone who came to an amicable agreement. So who is the more reliable witness in this matter? A small guild of crafters that are described as nice guys that everyone was initially shocked to hear would do something like this. Or you, who consider all unguildgrouped non-Vengeance Hibernians "random mongs"?

jesus fucking christ you're so stupid

ITS NOT THE RIGHT REACTION BUT ITS NOT WHAT I DID OK !?!??!

It is something you came up with you stupid moron, I've been compromising with ALOT of other guilds not only Everhate.. try to get that into your thick thick brain, and for the 10000000th time, see what Ang quoted.. you ASSUMING something.. you THINKING something that is not correct.. idiot.

P

PJS

me saying Sylaun is claimed was just a part of it all, it did not end there ok ?

Then tell us all exactly how it ended so we can see WHY that was their reaction.
We all want to know WHY this guild of nice people went out and did this after speaking with you.

PS. Im still waiting for that "Ill do what I like" quote of me.

O

old.Nol

What I find interesting in this mess, is how many Guilds did adhere to the agreement. Surely if Tyka behaved in an odd manner, more Guilds would be upset with the outcome of this? The fact is that only Everhate broke the agreement and no other guilds complained about how they were treated or that they were forced into anything.

It would have been far more mature of them to post their problems in the housing thread as oopposed to just run in all guns blazing because they took offense to something that was obviously not intended.

What Tyka did here was good imo and instead of attacking him I would recommend encouraging him so that he tries to organise this kind of thing more often.

It's actually quite easy to get along with people, all it takes is a little consideration.

T

Tyka

Originally posted by PJS
Then tell us all exactly how it ended.

PS. Im still waiting for that "Ill do what I like" quote of me.

Why would I want to tell you? You're just rambling here but I'm glad you finally realised what I was trying to tell you for 3 pages now..

Everhate knows it and I know it, you think that there was only 1 guild that wanted Sylaun? No, we all came to an agreement, something that you need to understand before barking here again.

And incase you have no village/spots to claim, I got nothing more to say to you, good bye.

T

Tyka

Originally posted by old.Nol
What I find interesting in this mess, is how many Guilds did adhere to the agreement. Surely if Tyka behaved in an odd manner, more Guilds would be upset with the outcome of this? The fact is that only Everhate broke the agreement and no other guilds complained about how they were treated or that they were forced into anything.

It would have been far more mature of them to post their problems in the housing thread as oopposed to just run in all guns blazing because they took offense to something that was obviously not intended.

What Tyka did here was good imo and instead of attacking him I would recommend encouraging him so that he tries to organise this kind of thing more often.

It's actually quite easy to get along with people, all it takes is a little consideration.

Thanks Nol for the kind words, it's people like you who keep up the spirit in Hibernia and push the things that benefit the realm more than the individual.

If I wanted to have a village for myself and not letting anyone else touch it, alot of guilds mentioned above would'nt have agreed with me.

P

PJS

Originally posted by old.Nol

Im all for a housing agreement myself I just dont think its being done totally fairly at the moment. Many people seem to be under the impression that any spot listed in the housing thread as already 'taken' are not able to express their preference for the same location also. Its silly paying mega plat for land when there are so many plots (but not many 'best' plots). Personally I am just going to wait until bottom price and walk round and plonk my house where noone else wants. IE I have no interest in selfishly getting a 'best' spot for myself.

The best way to have done this is to start a thread for each village with the plots listed at the top. Then no one person has to organise or take blame. Everyone just registers their interest in the thread corresponding to the village they want to live. Maybe with a 1st 2nd 3rd etc choice. Then on base price day where there are more interested than plots they can discuss it and if necessary in the end /random lotto just like raids. Everyone gets something they want at bottom dollar and its all fair.

Ill even make the effort of creating the threads if I see a call for it.

P

PJS

Why would I want to tell you?

Why would you not? You seemed so concerned with making me understand you in earlier posts. I need to know exactly what you said in order to do that.

Still waiting for that quote.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by PJS
Im all for a housing agreement myself I just dont think its being done totally fairly at the moment. Many people seem to be under the impression that any spot listed in the housing thread as already 'taken' are not able to express their preference for the same location also. Its silly paying mega plat for land when there are so many plots (but not many 'best' plots). Personally I am just going to wait until bottom price and walk round and plonk my house where noone else wants. IE I have no interest in selfishly getting a 'best' spot for myself.

The best way to have done this is to start a thread for each village with the plots listed at the top. Then no one person has to organise or take blame. Everyone just registers their interest in the thread corresponding to the village they want to live. Maybe with a 1st 2nd 3rd etc choice. Then on base price day where there are more interested than plots they can discuss it and if necessary in the end /random lotto just like raids. Everyone gets something they want at bottom dollar and its all fair.

Ill even make the effort of creating the threads if I see a call for it.

The fact remains you didn't and Tyka did, it is the same as Xfear's raids, all I see is people bitching how it should happen but they are never prepared to devote the time to make sure it does happen.

It's too late now to complain about the methods after Tyka & Harle have gone out of their way to ensure that as many people as possible co-operate, only to find out after the fact that there were issues.

Tyka gave all guilds an equal opportunity to get land, he brought guilds together and they discussed at length who they were prepared to share with, how fortunate they would be to have certain neighbours and created a list of which guilds expected to buy land where. He put the effort in to keep all guilds happy, big and small.

After all the effort on his part, he gets torn a new one because he was not all seeing, it's no wonder he's pissed off. If anything I think he deserves a thank you for the effort not to be treated like a leper because he can't read minds.

It's quite simple, if you think you can do a better job, then organise it, if you're not prepared to put the effort in, then shut up and accept it. You don't come down on people when they have put 100% more effort into a task then you.

A

angara-ffs

Nol...pls, stop making sense and get back to bed hunneh :kiss2: :kiss2: :fluffle:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by PJS

[/B]

Thats 30 threads (and i sincerely doubt BW mods will make 30 sticky threads on one forum).

Also there would be no agreements made this way, one guild could just post on each of the 30 threads claiming all 10 plots.

You want to manage 30 threads and the assignment of 300 individual plots (in essence 300 separate debates) when one CG sorted over half the realm out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom