FAO Dwerin/Dwera

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Ucallme said:
Look mate this wasn't about the adding its the principle of the fact that 'Dwera' gave me verbal via pm from someone else to send to me about me adding on his Shadowblade when infact I never did. So when he added on his Spiritmaster numerous times just pissed me off after he gave me verbal.

But anyway its done now so cba with it.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Nono i know what the topic was aboute.... im just trying to get a standing point of the adding stuff since i hate it myself when i played DAoC.!! i see no reason to go all forum public or anything such as that because of an add.. Its simply and helping hand (if your aboute to die) But if someone simply steals everything.. a sure winning fight for the one that isent adding.. then it sukz i know... i'we bin there more than a million times in my 3½ year playing daoc.. but after ym "vacation" in wow... The point to make a "Big Deal" aboute all this is seriously childis nomatter what tbh! You might get mad but ffs "get over it" its only a game... although i know some people sorta live to play MMORPG's.. but they should get a life aswell as everyone els that cant see its stupid to think so big aboute somthing that is so small and happens every singel day at every hour and min....Strafing is a part of the game witch you cant be banned by.. And adding is a part of the game.. its a MMORPG game not a god damn solo game where every time you see or find someone you will get a 1vs1 fight.. thats the most stupid thought possible to think in a MMORPG.... My points of this is simpel... Its childis to consider writing anything anywhere or say anything anywhere ... kjeep it for your self and be thankfull... But i know it dosent work like that since as said before i know how it works since i played this game for 3½ years... on and off the last 14 months... still ... its a simpel thing ot think aboute and try do it when you next time get added on.. Or add! But i dont care since i do what the hell i want in the game.. :) (Here comes the flame)§!!! :flame:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hmm where have i seen arguements like this before? Wouldn't have been here would it? nah :(

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
So you're pushing your playstyle onto others then?

The same way you're accusing us for not adding on your fights, you decide to add on ours even if we don't want you to.

Who are you to tell me I can't play a game if I don't want to play it your way?

I wouldn't wish my playstyle on anybody.

I never accused anyone of 'not adding on to my fights' - if you could read, you'd notice I was saying players don't have 'their' fights. So I don't 'decide' to add on to 'yours' - you don't have any, and neither do I.
You play the game any way you want matey but whining like you about adding is suggesting it should not be done - which is your pathetic attempt to tell me and alot of others what not to do. I can't see anywhere where I've told you you can only play the game 'my' way - I don't have a way. I have only a coupla dozen solo kills but I couldn't give a rat's arse cos I lost some because somebody else joined in. It's happened - I'll get over it.
I'd give it a rest if I were you - it's not getting you anywhere. If you were really concerned you'd get your gang to spam GoA to make adding illegal - but atm it isn't so hush.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
I wouldn't wish my playstyle on anybody.

I never accused anyone of 'not adding on to my fights' - if you could read, you'd notice I was saying players don't have 'their' fights. So I don't 'decide' to add on to 'yours' - you don't have any, and neither do I.
You play the game any way you want matey but whining like you about adding is suggesting it should not be done - which is your pathetic attempt to tell me and alot of others what not to do. I can't see anywhere where I've told you you can only play the game 'my' way - I don't have a way. I have only a coupla dozen solo kills but I couldn't give a rat's arse cos I lost some because somebody else joined in. It's happened - I'll get over it.
I'd give it a rest if I were you - it's not getting you anywhere. If you were really concerned you'd get your gang to spam GoA to make adding illegal - but atm it isn't so hush.

Well, you're basically forcing me to play like you when I'm having a fair fight and you come rushing in and add, even if I don't want you to.

You're doing something I don't want you to do, which affects me.

It's the same thing, just put in a different perspective, but you obviously can't see it any other way than your own, can you?

If you want to add, go ahead, I will still dislike you for it since you're making my playtime less enjoyable.

I'm not making your playtime less enjoyable when if I were telling you not to add, cause all that would make you do is go a few more mins then add on someone elses fight, while I would have to go for 30 min considering I'm a stealther, and it's not that easy finding fights when there's so many mindless zerging monkeys out there.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Well, you're basically forcing me to play like you when I'm having a fair fight and you come rushing in and add, even if I don't want you to.

Get a length of cyber string or rope, some virtual fence posts and a large hammer. Find a spot in NF that you want to claim as your exclusive domain and mark it out. Put up a large sign saying Private Property - No Trespassing - Keep Out. This should make it clear what it is you're demanding from other players. See if you can get GoA to rent it to you for a small extra sub.

As for me, when I hand over my cash I purchase access to the whole game area, all enemies in range and all mobs I can find. That's what my Contract appears to imply. I can't find any clause where I'm allowed to hit anything except things 'claimed' by Kinag and the like. So until the Game Managers tell me otherwise me and the 3 or 4 Guildies I run with in RvR will hit anything, anywhere and anytime that's a legit target, without reference to anything else but the CoC and certainly not begging permission from some selfish oik who thinks he owns part of the real-estate.

As for seeing your point of view - ofc I can see where you're coming from. I just happen to think you're sad, selfish and totally unrealistic. Even if I said, sorry, won't do it again, do you really think it would stop all the others?

If you want private fights, use the Instance Dungeons

Kinag

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
Get a length of cyber string or rope, some virtual fence posts and a large hammer. Find a spot in NF that you want to claim as your exclusive domain and mark it out. Put up a large sign saying Private Property - No Trespassing - Keep Out. This should make it clear what it is you're demanding from other players. See if you can get GoA to rent it to you for a small extra sub.

As for me, when I hand over my cash I purchase access to the whole game area, all enemies in range and all mobs I can find. That's what my Contract appears to imply. I can't find any clause where I'm allowed to hit anything except things 'claimed' by Kinag and the like. So until the Game Managers tell me otherwise me and the 3 or 4 Guildies I run with in RvR will hit anything, anywhere and anytime that's a legit target, without reference to anything else but the CoC and certainly not begging permission from some selfish oik who thinks he owns part of the real-estate.

As for seeing your point of view - ofc I can see where you're coming from. I just happen to think you're sad, selfish and totally unrealistic. Even if I said, sorry, won't do it again, do you really think it would stop all the others?

If you want private fights, use the Instance Dungeons

1. you're just renting your character on the server, not the whole server.

2. This has nothing to do with GoA or game managers, this is you ruining the fun for other players due to not respecting them at all.

3. You're calling me selfish cause I want to play a game in a different way than you?

This game doesn't have ONE specific way to be played, that's the great part about mmorpg's.

Now if you could perhaps be a bit less agressive and stop namecalling, I'm sure it would all be alot better :fluffle:

Thing is, if you really want to disrespect someone wishes, go ahead, but you'll be disliked for it.

You think it's alot of fun to get your playtime ruined?

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
1. you're just renting your character on the server, not the whole server.

2. This has nothing to do with GoA or game managers, this is you ruining the fun for other players due to not respecting them at all.

3. You're calling me selfish cause I want to play a game in a different way than you?

This game doesn't have ONE specific way to be played, that's the great part about mmorpg's.

Now if you could perhaps be a bit less agressive and stop namecalling, I'm sure it would all be alot better :fluffle:

Thing is, if you really want to disrespect someone wishes, go ahead, but you'll be disliked for it.

You think it's alot of fun to get your playtime ruined?

1. I rent the same parts of the server as everybody other normal player - no more, no less. Don't understand your point.

2. If adding shows disrespect for other people resulting in the spoiling of their game experience, then GoA certainly should and would be involved. It would be against the CoC - but it would need alot more than a few whines to demonstrate that this was the case.

3. I'm calling your behaviour selfish if you want to kill every enemy you hit first, since that makes me and alot of others change our play to suit your wishes. Imo you have no right to ask that. I'll ask you something similar to what you're asking - "please don't touch any Celts. They're the only ones I can kill, and if you don't let me have them, it will spoil my game." That, my friend, is just as unreasonable as what you're saying.

4. Ofc there are many different ways to play this type of game but if your ideas were feasible, it would be extremely easy to make it impossible to hit an enemy once engaged by someone else. As this hasn't happened, I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

5. Your aggressive = my assertive = his bullying.

Sorry about my use of adjectives you don't like. I don't need to do that, but it's sort of expected.

6. I don't play this game to be disliked or liked - I have real life relationships for that. I don't know enough about anybody in cyberspace to form such opinions - I can only go by their behaviour on-line. I can dislike intensely what they do or say in-game or here or merely disagree with it. And I can do all this without getting in the least involved emotionally.

7. No normal person goes out of their way deliberately to spoil somebody else's game (there are a few exceptions). But as far as your requirements of me and others go, I would have to be alot more skilled in RvR to be able to take a long look at the enemies I've targetted to see if they're being hit already. By that time I'd be well and truly nuked - which would kinda spoil my game experience.

As I have said elsewhere, if you want the glory of one-to-one combat you're gonna have to find some outta the way place no-one else in the realm knows about. As far as I'm concerned, not attempting to kill any enemy in range when they're within your capability is against the spirit of the game.

You're wrong, I'm right. That's what makes arguments interesting.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
1. I rent the same parts of the server as everybody other normal player - no more, no less. Don't understand your point.

2. If adding shows disrespect for other people resulting in the spoiling of their game experience, then GoA certainly should and would be involved. It would be against the CoC - but it would need alot more than a few whines to demonstrate that this was the case.

3. I'm calling your behaviour selfish if you want to kill every enemy you hit first, since that makes me and alot of others change our play to suit your wishes. Imo you have no right to ask that. I'll ask you something similar to what you're asking - "please don't touch any Celts. They're the only ones I can kill, and if you don't let me have them, it will spoil my game." That, my friend, is just as unreasonable as what you're saying.

4. Ofc there are many different ways to play this type of game but if your ideas were feasible, it would be extremely easy to make it impossible to hit an enemy once engaged by someone else. As this hasn't happened, I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

5. Your aggressive = my assertive = his bullying.

Sorry about my use of adjectives you don't like. I don't need to do that, but it's sort of expected.

6. I don't play this game to be disliked or liked - I have real life relationships for that. I don't know enough about anybody in cyberspace to form such opinions - I can only go by their behaviour on-line. I can dislike intensely what they do or say in-game or here or merely disagree with it. And I can do all this without getting in the least involved emotionally.

7. No normal person goes out of their way deliberately to spoil somebody else's game (there are a few exceptions). But as far as your requirements of me and others go, I would have to be alot more skilled in RvR to be able to take a long look at the enemies I've targetted to see if they're being hit already. By that time I'd be well and truly nuked - which would kinda spoil my game experience.

As I have said elsewhere, if you want the glory of one-to-one combat you're gonna have to find some outta the way place no-one else in the realm knows about. As far as I'm concerned, not attempting to kill any enemy in range when they're within your capability is against the spirit of the game.

You're wrong, I'm right. That's what makes arguments interesting.

No reason discussing this with you, as you've already proved that you don't want to see it any other way.

You're claiming that by me asking you not to add, I'll ruin your game experience?

Why? Cause you'll have to go 5 - 10 min for another fight? while the stealthers will have to move for 30 min?

But nevermind, you're all set up for it to be a zerging game and you obviously do not want the game to have any competition at all when it comes to the rvr part.

And telling me to go to some instance cause I want fair fights has to be the most stupid thing you've said as there's a big difference between pvp and pve.

I enjoy pvp as it's competitive, and it gets less competitive when I'm fighting someone, having a clean nice fight which _I_ and probably the enemy finds fun, and you come rushing in to add saying "It's all within the spirit of the game mate! :D".

Ah well, now I understand why so many are leaving, and I'm becoming glad that university and work is taking so much time from my hands that I don't have the time to play anymore.

You won't be happy until everybody except the zergers leave the server, right?

Cause then it actually is "your way" instead of the "highway".

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Ucallme said:
so if I add like your saying there, then how come I have 2500 ish Solo kills?

Amphrax/Arauddry

erm the obvius reason for that would be ... let me see .. they where allready there when u bought the account he heh :flame:

/hugs and all that shit !

Mirk

Ucallme

Banned
Sigwyen said:
erm the obvius reason for that would be ... let me see .. they where allready there when u bought the account he heh :flame:

/hugs and all that shit !

Mirk

Actually your wrong, everything I got on /title was done by me.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Ucallme said:
Actually your wrong, everything I got on /title was done by me.

Amphrax/Arauddry

ohh lighten up amph ur so serius :p

atleast 15+ of those 2500 + solo kills u got from me (mirkles -aug healer) on brynja bridge when i'm running over solo for some reason he heh ..ofc i swear like hell when it happens but ur not the only one so .... 1 of the reasons i dont mind running over quite alot of shades/archers when i'm in a fg ... another is those arrows in my back when engaging in a fgvsfg fight he heh ... but again its all part of the game :flame:

/Mirk

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
But nevermind, you're all set up for it to be a zerging game and you obviously do not want the game to have any competition at all when it comes to the rvr part.

I enjoy pvp as it's competitive, and it gets less competitive when I'm fighting someone, having a clean nice fight which _I_ and probably the enemy finds fun, and you come rushing in to add saying "It's all within the spirit of the game mate! :D".

Ah well, now I understand why so many are leaving, and I'm becoming glad that university and work is taking so much time from my hands that I don't have the time to play anymore.

You won't be happy until everybody except the zergers leave the server, right?

Cause then it actually is "your way" instead of the "highway".

Now you're just ranting. No point in discussion when you're just spouting nonsense. Since when was 3 or 4 in a group a zerg? If you want to criticize zerging, why not aim it at your fun enemies the Albs? My point about the Instance dungeons is that is the ONLY place you can be absolutely certain of a private, uninterrupted fight, which is what you seem to want at the expense of other people. I really don't know why you're in a game that has other players in it. Try reading some of the other posts in this thread. You're just being a drongo if you are using that as an excuse for leaving, when your rl commitments are the obvious reason. That's almost as sad as buying a ready-made account....

There's something wrong with being in the minority if you're alone

Nate

FH is my second home
mercury said:
Now you're just ranting. No point in discussion when you're just spouting nonsense. Since when was 3 or 4 in a group a zerg?

I guess it's just a smaller scale point of view, if 1fg was to be killed by 4fg they would say they have been zerged. This can be viewed as the same when soloing if 4 enemies attack.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Whats with the QQ?
I played enchanter and i can admit i played like a cock towards everyone,Even though people know who my ns is they still seem to spare me alot..
But as played ns i learned and try but as dwera says i can agree F8 nuke nuke nuke is really easy and fast ;)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
I guess it's just a smaller scale point of view, if 1fg was to be killed by 4fg they would say they have been zerged. This can be viewed as the same when soloing if 4 enemies attack.

If people are still getting upset by this kind of thing, why are they not playing WoW, where the battles have even numbers, and the only whining that goes on is that some have vent/TS and some organisation, and the losing side don't.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
Now you're just ranting. No point in discussion when you're just spouting nonsense. Since when was 3 or 4 in a group a zerg? If you want to criticize zerging, why not aim it at your fun enemies the Albs? My point about the Instance dungeons is that is the ONLY place you can be absolutely certain of a private, uninterrupted fight, which is what you seem to want at the expense of other people. I really don't know why you're in a game that has other players in it. Try reading some of the other posts in this thread. You're just being a drongo if you are using that as an excuse for leaving, when your rl commitments are the obvious reason. That's almost as sad as buying a ready-made account....

There's something wrong with being in the minority if you're alone

I'm not spouting nonsense, you just don't want to acknowledge the fact that I (And others, believe it or not) like solo fights, while you obviously like to play in larger groups.

And yes, 4 people is a zerg when you're running over soloers.

And you're saying I want fights on the expense of other players? People I've fought lately has actually wanted fair fights, and that's the reason they solo. Only thing the soloers are doing to you is taking away your easy realm points.

And I really dislike playing this game now a days as the community has gone to hell, together with the mentality of some players.

Now don't go around doubting my reasons, cause it's a mix between the two, I can't fit enough time in to play, and I'm fucking glad when I see how it's become.

This will be my last reply as it's obvious the people who gave me pm's were right, there's no reason trying to deal with "zergers" as they have their mind made up from the moment you enter a discussion with them.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
zzz Kinag, told u 100 times by now, stop arguing with walls. It results in absolutely nothing whatsoever. :twak: Its like telling a drugaddict to stop doing drugs.. GL with getting through his doped down thick mind.

:fluffle:

oh and Amphrax, PM is your friend matey :)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
GL with getting through his doped down thick mind.

He he. Not bad, Einstein - 0/3 for accuracy : all points well-wide of the mark. I don't have to say anything at all about you : your post speaks for itself.

applejack

Fledgling Freddie
omg its a girl is there anything wrong with a girl palying this game there is more females play this game than u think as im also a female

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
svartalf said:
If people are still getting upset by this kind of thing, why are they not playing WoW, where the battles have even numbers, and the only whining that goes on is that some have vent/TS and some organisation, and the losing side don't.

oi ya grumpy old bastard!

time to get back ingame me thinks! :p

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh guys and gals how can we be raking over this stuff again? Surely these boards are testament to the fact that no concensus will ever be reached between soloing and adding.

On the one hand we have peeps who look for a fair and challenging test for themselves - a worthy and difficult task.

On the other are people who consider each action they take in the frontier to be part of the wider Realm versus Realm conflict, and what recently has been termed "in the spirit of the game".

Now we are lucky to play a game that enables both views to co-exist, but as this thread shows they don't co-exist very happily - and the ones looking for solo fights will generally be the losers because they cannot isolate themselves from the wider battle.

I'm sure it's a pointless request; but try and bear in mind that what we all have in common is a love of playing Camelot and that we each have a choice in the frontiers whether to engage in combat or not.

Festive wishes to you all, spread love in the frontiers not hate :fluffle:

Fen

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
oi ya grumpy old bastard!

time to get back ingame me thinks! :p

No wai! I'm cured, CURED I TELL YOU ... MUHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

Nate

FH is my second home
applejack said:
omg its a girl is there anything wrong with a girl palying this game there is more females play this game than u think as im also a female

i sometimes wonder apple, hmm...maybe you are really lukey! AHAH!!!! Supa Troll solves another case <lights cigar and puts feet up> myarrr seee myarrr!

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
fenrisan said:
Oh guys and gals how can we be raking over this stuff again? Surely these boards are testament to the fact that no concensus will ever be reached between soloing and adding.

On the one hand we have peeps who look for a fair and challenging test for themselves - a worthy and difficult task.

On the other are people who consider each action they take in the frontier to be part of the wider Realm versus Realm conflict, and what recently has been termed "in the spirit of the game".

Now we are lucky to play a game that enables both views to co-exist, but as this thread shows they don't co-exist very happily - and the ones looking for solo fights will generally be the losers because they cannot isolate themselves from the wider battle.

I'm sure it's a pointless request; but try and bear in mind that what we all have in common is a love of playing Camelot and that we each have a choice in the frontiers whether to engage in combat or not.

Festive wishes to you all, spread love in the frontiers not hate :fluffle:

Fen

Worth at least a rep or two, imo.

Think I'll just pop back down the Midgard Abandoned Mines - I've never met anyone else down there. Now if only the Albs could get there as well...

As I sweep the pine-needles off the carpet yet again I can even forgive Norway for inventing Christmas Trees - or was it the Germans?

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
i sometimes wonder apple, hmm...maybe you are really lukey!!

Nah, even Lukey, uber as he is could never actually give birth....

Nate

FH is my second home
svartalf said:

Svart you smelly one! I don't get upset about it, I just realise thats the playstyle of those people and try to adapt to it :)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
svartalf said:
No wai! I'm cured, CURED I TELL YOU ... MUHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

Is that why, with Svartalf for a name you have a Kobold as avatar? :)

Having rubber walls in the bedroom is not a fashion statement

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom