FAO custodia @ Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I think you are wrong. A friend of mine lent me his Cleric a while back which I got forom 6L4 to 7L5 and I only used Group Heal/Greater Single Heal/Spread Heal/Curse Poison/Cure Disease. We managed to own the Maelstrom zerg and killed Eclipse quite a few times so I think that my methods were effective.

Please tell me what was the name of that cleric and when that happened, cause in the last months of Dyvet, I ran with what left of Eclipse and I dont recall losing to any alb grp.

So basically you played a cleric for 11 realm levels and never stunned/sheared and used cure poison and grp heal (??) in fg rvr. strong skillz, think you just owned yourself for the 1381318th time.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Yes, and as I see again it is another person whom I have owned in Thidranki. How about you keep out of an arguement and let people have a conversation? I know you are not clever enough to join in and therefore resort to another comment about how many times I get banned. I mean, seriously, don't you think people have said that kind of stuff before? We don't need another statement like that from another person like you.

This made me giggle a bit =) You are indeed trying to sound serious and while I find it quite funny how you reply, you should try to reduce the grammar mistakes in your posts to make it sound even better. Your general writing skills could most definately be improved, but sadly you are focusing too much on inventing random stories. Seriously, look at this: "...another statement from another person like you"? This is more or less a rubbish sentence, so the comment concerning my cleverness is built on sand.

Now the question I'm asking myself is: Who benefits most from this thread? On the one hand there is Dori who - as I already mentioned - has too much free time and thus posts here, but on the other hand there are also a lot of people who reply just to taste some more of Dori's idiocy. I'm not counting those who are fooled by his posts and thus get wound up, for those really deserve to be pitied like Dori himself.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
i was soloing in thidranki with my nightshade and capped out in a hour or so cause dorimor was so easy to chain, was really expecting more from the king of thid tbh

my account was actually suspended for a bit cause goa thought i was rp farming :(

ROFLMAO :D +1 :clap:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
/wave Hi Kinetix!

How is avalon going for you guys? :)

S

Sn34kers|Matr1

I will have to disagree with you there. Because people in 50 RvR have more options they are less likely to use them because the average player has no need for these abilities, or options as you put it. They are must likely to ignore them because they can only be used in 5% of circumstances and because of this they categorise all their other abilities that they deem not useful atleast 90% of the time and stop using them. In Thidranki, because people take longer to get killed, you have to use all the abilites your class involves rather than just giving every other ability the cold-finger and mashing nuke like in 50 RvR. Because Thidranki is a more tactical place you cannot survive if you only use one button. Thidranki does not have limited access to armour, procs and charges and this is what makes it harder. Because there is no 'god like' template and because the difference between templated and un-templated, buff and un-buffed is smaller you need to rely on skill more rather than rely on buffs to bail you out of any situation. For example, I achieved 25k kills in Thidranki and I have no buffbot. It was because of my prestigous and unrivalled skill that I managed to get so many kills. I would not survive in 50 RvR without a buffbot, not because the players are too good but merely because I do not have the sufficient stats to compete with people who heavily rely on buffs to kill me.

Obviously, Dorimor, the more options you got, the more variables can be played out. It is harder to fight someone who got 25 optional approaches vs 5. Since you can quite easily memorise and forsee his merly five attacks/utility moves on you where it is harder to forsee and calculate/adapt to 25.
If you refuse to come to terms with that simple fact then fine, be that way. Regardless your wrong and your argument doesn't really back up your own thesis, does it?

Thidranki does not have limited access to armour, procs and charges and this is what makes it harder.

Basically your saying having multiple options ( yet very limited imo) in Thid = skill where having 10x the options and variables in real RvR is not. Isn't that abit isnane Dorimor?

Again, I disagree with you there. Thidranki is by no means all about 'pwning' newbies. People have realised that Thidranki takes considerable more skill than 50 RvR and many of the good and skillful players have come in order to find a challenge. Since when has things being 'dumbed down' and more simple easier? You merely have less options and therefore need to rely on your skill, experience, situation positioning and reactionary casting/tanking. You play Thidranki for a week and we'll see how well you do. Infact, I remember in Prydwen killing your Shadowblade many times, considering you have done well with him in 50 RvR and couldn't cope with Thidranki, what does that say for your arguement? It says your arguement is a pile of dog shite.

First of all, I never played a Shadowblade.

Secondly, my nightshade was level 45+ before Battlegrounds where implemented. Mind you this is before SI expansion. So either "one of you" are confused, or "one of you" are blatantly lying. So there goes one more of your circle logic arguments out of the window :(.

Yes, it is my perogative and it should be your perogative to believe what I say, because what I say is right and what you say is wrong. Often, having more options means you are likely to use less of them. However, if you are stuck with 5 spells only (this is not the average for a Thidranki character but for the sake of the arguement we will use this value) you are more likely to use all of the spells because that is all you have to rely on. It's a bit like taking abilities for granted because one uses them so often.

On the prerogative part, No.
And it's you whom is at error here. You have to realize that having more option, variables and ways of approach towards an enemie means that he will have it more difficult, it will take more of him to counter you. Add in that he also has more ways to attack and damage you, then it takes alot more from both parts to be victorious, you see.

It is the exact same reasoning when you setup an eight man group, you wan't to have as much dps and utility as possible, since it makes it harder for your enemy to combat you. Thats why the RvR evolved from having 5 tanks on assist to have mixed, a.k.a. Hyrbid setups with a mix of offensive/defensive support ( i.e High buff specced clerics to shear peoples buffs with ), defensive casters as "kite engines", offensive/defensive tanks and offensive casters that do raw dps. This is setup to have as many offensive and defensive skills as possible ( thus adding to the variables, 25 variables, read skills, is > ( GREATER ) then 5, always.

And to comment on your last part, anyone using 2 skills in level 50 RvR would be reconed as a newbie. I think you clinge to your beloved BG because you can't handle multiple variables very well, I can imagine you panicing when you got 8 choices and have to make a decision in 2 seconds when you see an incomming group, thus it feels safe for you to play your BD and spam your nuke, root and lifetap..I mean hey nothing can go wrong there right? :wub:

It may be the 'same old arguement' to you but if people I have owned in Thidranki have come on this forum to whine at me through sheer bitterness, that is not my problem but theirs xD.

Well, sure it may be their problem I don't know. What I do know is that you claimed to have owned my "shadowblade" (WTF!?) aswell. And since I never played a SB, ever in my life, and you lied about that; couldn't it by logic be so, that you lied and made up all the rest aswell?

And regardless, if you do own people in BGs or not, wich I personally don't find that hard to believe since its a newbie place, for people who lack big boi RvR skill to play in, and no I'm obviously not talking about zerging, but 8v8 and solo rvr - there is no other competative gameplay in daoc, the rest is just passing time, beeing afk to some zergleader while chatting on msn is hardly an achievment to talk about.

I would like to end the post with a little sider. Something for you to think about.

You said in you first paragraph that, I quote;

For example, I achieved 25k kills in Thidranki and I have no buffbot. It was because of my prestigous and unrivalled skill that I managed to get so many kills.

And before in this thread dated 28th of August (2007) you say, I quote:

6) Leach Leach Leach

Every kill counts. Every kill counts. Every kill counts. Every kill counts. I will say it once more, EVERY KILL COUNTS. It may not look it now but I saw atleast 2000 of my kills came from leaching for that one kill, if you're in a zerg, hit one enemy and move on, this is how your kills fly up.

And, I quote again:
1) Zerg Zerg Zerg

This is a very important one. Drop your self-pride for a minute and think to yourself because there is no other way.

It was because of my prestigous and unrivalled skill that I managed to get so many kills.

I'm not so sure they had anything to do with it mate. Personally I think you are stuck in the BGs since you are unable to take your game to a higher level, nothing to be ashamed of really, I mean everyone can't be good at everything, some suck at DAoC, and maybe you are good at other things, basketweaving perhaps, what do I know.
I'm glad you found the BGs to be rewarding though, if more people like you - realised you shortcommings and stayed in the BGs maybe some of the zerg and add guilds would been abit fewer inbetween. :eek:

Have a nice one mate. :cheers:

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
what's wrong with him ? Why ban him ? Reveal your dirty secrets.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Mods leave sneakers alone :(.I love to read how he pwns dori over and over again!

F

fawz1

I need to see a psychotherapist.

Oh yeah how many leaving threads have I made now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom