Faith PvP

bainteor

Banned
Best freeshard experience I ever had was on Instant 50 RvR (OF Emain etc.) and on a random PvP server with Logi. Logi got told of a bug where you could basically get unlimited realm skill points whatever your RR. We had a Valkyrie and Thane duo, both RR12, with every single RA. We were pretty much impossible to kill - shame it only lasted a few nights though as we got banned.

Everz

FH is my second home
Best was original i50 with OF, constant flow of 8v8 and good fun with a good rp rate (aka normal rp rate). Donned it.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Indeed, old school i50, Empire / Durka Durka / IKEA etc :D

Wonder what happened to the original server files, I wouldn't mind updating the core and putting it back up.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I just remember my meleeblade celtic ranger. Got it to rr8 all done solo and was really proud lol until some GM decided to reroll the DB! The server then got a x10 bp bonus rate as compensation.. The thing was you got the same bp rate when selling back the bp stuff! Buy something and then sell it back at x10 the value!

Got me banned tho..

Fast

Part of the furniture
Indeed, old school i50, Empire / Durka Durka / IKEA etc :D

Wonder what happened to the original server files, I wouldn't mind updating the core and putting it back up.

Empire was great had a blast. Miss that server ;o

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
anyone playing here now, might roll a healer or something if anyone wants to duo?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Is it exact server files? who has the original OF copy?

Haven't touched DoL in 5 years, how much work we talking? Base code (packeting etc) update to styles / mls etc but that's about it? The NPCs etc were already ok and be shitty to change the server, wouldn't be the same.

It depends on how far you want to go in depth, do you want an exact copy of live from say 2005?

Btw here is a version from 2003 but in C++ instead of C#.
View topic - DOL v1.3b source • Dawn of Light

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Best was original i50 with OF, constant flow of 8v8 and good fun with a good rp rate (aka normal rp rate). Donned it.

Agreed.

My last good memory of DAOC is from Gauge: my melee ranger rr11 @ i50 OF Emain :)

gohan

FH is my second home
you still doing this cocknose? i'll make whatever you're lacking if you are

CorNokZ

Haven't had time to play the last couple of days and probably won't for the next few days either.. I'd love to get a small man GDP going but don't know what the best setup would be?

Sorc
Minst
Cler
Wiz
Theurg?

gohan

FH is my second home
Haven't had time to play the last couple of days and probably won't for the next few days either.. I'd love to get a small man GDP going but don't know what the best setup would be?

Sorc
Minst
Cler
Wiz
Theurg?

mid is probly best for small grp
alb probly worst

mid id go
pac healer
shammy
runnie
sm
thane maybe? for slam and aoe interupts

hib bard
druid
chanter chanter eld

alb if u had to
cleric
cleric
sorc
caba with body debuff
theurg

dont think mac 5 is important enought somewhere as small as thid to waste a space on skald or minstrel, so hib maybe most versitile for that?

ofc i havent palyed for 2 years so my opinions may be dated :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
mid is probly best for small grp
alb probly worst

mid id go
pac healer
shammy
runnie
sm
thane maybe? for slam and aoe interupts

hib bard
druid
chanter chanter eld

alb if u had to
cleric
cleric
sorc
caba with body debuff
theurg

dont think mac 5 is important enought somewhere as small as thid to waste a space on skald or minstrel, so hib maybe most versitile for that?

ofc i havent palyed for 2 years so my opinions may be dated :p

I havent played that server aswell, but imo your setups suckass.

Sorc, therg, merc, minstrel, cleric
bard, druid, bm, bm, hero (or eld)
healer, skald, zerk, zerk, bd

CorNokZ

Perhaps that bard, Druid, chant, chant and eld would be best..

gohan

FH is my second home
I havent played that server aswell, but imo your setups suckass.

Sorc, therg, merc, minstrel, cleric
bard, druid, bm, bm, hero (or eld)
healer, skald, zerk, zerk, bd

well from his set up he clearly wants casters noob face

i prefer charge tanks myself

- English -

Resident Freddy
Do chanters have some superpowers on Faith i dont know about? or are they the most useless caster still going. Why on earth do you want 2 chanters, they have the worst util going, and not the best damage by far. Not to mention their rr5 sux donkeyballs

gohan

FH is my second home
Do chanters have some superpowers on Faith i dont know about? or are they the most useless caster still going. Why on earth do you want 2 chanters, they have the worst util going, and not the best damage by far. Not to mention their rr5 sux donkeyballs

they have AOE and have always been pretty effective in small grps as 2 chanters aoeing will take most things down isntantly

Himse

FH is my second home
they have AOE and have always been pretty effective in small grps as 2 chanters aoeing will take most things down isntantly

pbaoe chanters is DH days.

doesn't work in this day and age. Chanters are shit, menta's are more worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom