Faith PvP

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Nuff said.

Players instantly assume another player is modded when the so called "modded" player kills the other player with ease.

It's an excuse, and a weak one at that, then again, that would mean everyone apart from English is modded on Faith.

:twak:

Himse

FH is my second home
Players instantly assume another player is modded when the so called "modded" player kills the other player with ease.

It's an excuse, and a weak one at that, then again, that would mean everyone apart from English is modded on Faith.

I was modded for ages and you didn't have a clue.

Why could other people not be?

- English -

Resident Freddy

Its been established on FH that there are modded players, so why shouldnt people assume? Its a huge fail on your part as the Admin to allow GMs to do it. I dont even play your server (so your attempt to say im shit failed), and have no intentions of because of this.

Had the same problems with i50, eden etc. GMs give power to their friends, obviously because they lack skill and want it to easier for them. As Himse said, he was 3 shotting people on his SB, now you would have to be a moron if you didnt assume something was wrong. These servers dont last long, it will be soon collecting dust when the server repayments come around.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Its been established on FH that there are modded players, so why shouldnt people assume? Its a huge fail on your part as the Admin to allow GMs to do it. I dont even play your server (so your attempt to say im shit failed), and have no intentions of because of this.

Had the same problems with i50, eden etc. GMs give power to their friends, obviously because they lack skill and want it to easier for them. As Himse said, he was 3 shotting people on his SB, now you would have to be a moron if you didnt assume something was wrong. These servers dont last long, it will be soon collecting dust when the server repayments come around.

what did you edit mate ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy

Such are freeshards

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
pbaoe chanters is DH days.

doesn't work in this day and age. Chanters are shit, menta's are more worthwhile.
Me and English got quite a few RPs duoing with my mana chanter on Ywain 3 years ago .. They are hardly shit in 8man if you know what your doing, Eld / Chanter combo still kicks ass imo. And I've never respected mentys much in 8man.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Me and English got quite a few RPs duoing with my mana chanter on Ywain 3 years ago .. They are hardly shit in 8man if you know what your doing, Eld / Chanter combo still kicks ass imo. And I've never respected mentys much in 8man.

Mentys got some serious love, bit silly to take a chanter over a ment nowadays i think

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Best hib setup for fg atm is

Bard/Druid/Druid/Eld/Bain/Bain(or Ani)/Menta/Warden

imo

menta for 2nd demezz and utility / nearsight / pet / aoe nukes etc

warden is literally there for resists - can swap it with a vamp or a bm for pushing rupts

eld is void and debuffbotting

chanters are a thing of the past imo

only way to run a chanter group is to run

Bard/druid/druid/chanter/chanter/menta/menta/random class

1 chanter specs light other specs mana - debuff train - both mentas go light

this way u have 6 pets 2 warps and 3 demezzes.

but people that play chanters generally suck ass, same with mentas really

gone are the days where you can run bard/druid/chanter/menta and rip everything :p

remember those jim? ;)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
As part of the classic trio eldie/chanter/ment, ments were fine even b4 the love tbh. The ment didn't have much utility, beyond 2nd demezzer, but it was all about pumping out heat nukes to debuffed targets so it didn't matter. Kinda of easy too without having some incredible teamwork/comms as everyone has a very clear role.

But aye, chanters are crap outside been a debuffbot, idk why anyone plays them nowadays they seem pretty boring when you consider all the funky stuff other hib casters get to play with. I'd pretty much rather slit my wrists rather than play one.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
its all about void eld as you get the fun of bolting too

its all about.

bolting for 800-1122 with spec
then 500-900 with base

baseline nuking for 300-600
green nearsight for rupts
green disease for dropping and extending tanks

aoe nuke for pets

50% body/energy debuff so can either run menta or body nuking train - or even mana eld snare nuke train (which i'm yet to test but could be fun)

green pbaoe for pet clear (although i use my purple aoe nukes)

blue dex/quick debuff/purple dex debuff

all in all tbh void is the most fun spec i've been

you have green aoe mezz too which i never use.

oh and ofc the stupidly good rr5 to speed turn debuff and still keep speed ;>

if you compare that to a chanter

they get fk all :|

except ofcourse a pet - and pets win fights

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
void eld, mana eld, ment, ment, bain?

Loose 1 druid and put the warden on healing duty and the ments for spare. It works so well on paper!

bainteor

Banned
Having played an Eldritch in Thidranki through many thousands of kills I can safely say that nothing beats the pure firepower of Light spec. Mana is probably the second best because it is great for kite groups and clearing pets; Void is pretty useless I find, not very effective against tanks and a Light eld does more long term damage and offers more utility.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

People have bin killing me with ease for years now, so it's hardly that. It is however easy enough to spot the modded player (in one way or another) and I'd even put up with that (occasionally). It's the GM's that usually are acting like little kids that puts injury to insult.

Anyways I still have fun from time to time on Shards. Even with all the shit going on.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Having played an Eldritch in Thidranki through many thousands of kills I can safely say that nothing beats the pure firepower of Light spec. Mana is probably the second best because it is great for kite groups and clearing pets; Void is pretty useless I find, not very effective against tanks and a Light eld does more long term damage and offers more utility.

light relies on a double debuffing enchanter - thus meaning the chanter casting 3 spells itself before doing dmg.

elds shudnt be the dmg with how much utility they have.

a void eld can literally call target stun (if applicable) debuff and get nuking / pet clearing.

bainshees are the dmg its as simple as that.

people that play light elds also get far too much tunnel vision and thus lose fights for a group.

void isnt meant for a massive damage its meant for group/zerg farming easy

and thidranki isn't a true test of anything. Thidranki is where the retards play cuz they can't figure out the too many keys of being level 50 and in a template.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
void eld, mana eld, ment, ment, bain?

Loose 1 druid and put the warden on healing duty and the ments for spare. It works so well on paper!

It does, it can't loose!

Get rid of the annoying body nuking bain and replace with another ment/mana eldie for energy debuff setup ! Peeps to this day still gimp energy.

Also one of the ments could prolly something like 37mana/33ment/20light. You then have a proper NSer in the grp (yellow), yet still assist with the baseline nuke and pump out 400pt+ heals. Other thing anything NS'd by the ment will have a 15% energy debuff stuck on it for 1min, which don't hurt either.

I'll stfu now, I play in grps like once a month. :D

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I actually love inviting you to groups tbh mael as you're usually drunk as a skunk and run off soloing shit :>

i'll happily invite you to a group when i'm voiding though assuming you're still the lol mentalism spec :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I actually love inviting you to groups tbh mael as you're usually drunk as a skunk and run off soloing shit :>

i'll happily invite you to a group when i'm voiding though assuming you're still the lol mentalism spec :)

heh ta !

tbh it's I get frustrated in grps as nto really specced for it ra wise and so the dps is pretty pants and means digging up a mic, turning off the TV, etc. If a grp is going for a while I don't mind respeccing however, and the change is always fun.

bainteor

Banned
and thidranki isn't a true test of anything. Thidranki is where the retards play cuz they can't figure out the too many keys of being level 50 and in a template.

I wouldn't assume things about Thidranki, you'd be surprised. There are a lot of set groups there and from my experience many people with high RR characters have alts in Thidranki - it is very competitive. And I would say that Thidranki is a true test of things, it is how DAoC used to be (in its glory days) - therefore should we say that people who got RR12 in the old days like Sheph don't know anything? After all, DAoC was a much slower game back then. This is using your logic.

My /title kills on the Eldritch are probably equivilent to a RR11 in RvR, so I do know a fair bit - I have a lot of experience :).

Ceixah said:
light relies on a double debuffing enchanter - thus meaning the chanter casting 3 spells itself before doing dmg.

elds shudnt be the dmg with how much utility they have.

As someone who's killed over 40,000 people on an Eldritch I disagree. They have the second highest delve DD in Hibernia (Bainshee's have the highest but they have more utility than an Eldritch and so should never be the main damage dealers) - they don't need Cold debuffs, I've never needed them over the last 3 years that I have played Eldritch.

a void eld can literally call target stun (if applicable) debuff and get nuking / pet clearing.

The nuke is poor - it lacks the DPS of the Light nuke and does not have a snare to make up for it as the Mana nuke does. Bolts are generally useless on pets because they are in combat quite often.

Ceixah said:
people that play light elds also get far too much tunnel vision and thus lose fights for a group.

Depends how good the Eldritch is :).

Ceixah said:
void isnt meant for a massive damage its meant for group/zerg farming easy

Neither. The Void AOE DD isn't even as good as Mana's. If you want to farm zerg Mana is the way to go.

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Mael in group is a laugh drunk or not. Mael and Crom in the same group was the most fun I've had in DAoC.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

GM's can't mod, there are only two people who can mod, and I am included in those, the person who modded Himse was removed :p

I didn't see anyone saying anything about Himse two shotting or three shotting anyone at all, and neither did any of the GM's :/

And no, we have enough donations to keep the server running for 6months +

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't assume things about Thidranki, you'd be surprised. There are a lot of set groups there and from my experience many people with high RR characters have alts in Thidranki - it is very competitive. And I would say that Thidranki is a true test of things, it is how DAoC used to be (in its glory days) - therefore should we say that people who got RR12 in the old days like Sheph don't know anything? After all, DAoC was a much slower game back then. This is using your logic.

My /title kills on the Eldritch are probably equivilent to a RR11 in RvR, so I do know a fair bit - I have a lot of experience :).

As someone who's killed over 40,000 people on an Eldritch I disagree. They have the second highest delve DD in Hibernia (Bainshee's have the highest but they have more utility than an Eldritch and so should never be the main damage dealers) - they don't need Cold debuffs, I've never needed them over the last 3 years that I have played Eldritch.

The nuke is poor - it lacks the DPS of the Light nuke and does not have a snare to make up for it as the Mana nuke does. Bolts are generally useless on pets because they are in combat quite often.

Depends how good the Eldritch is :).

Neither. The Void AOE DD isn't even as good as Mana's. If you want to farm zerg Mana is the way to go.

you're so clueless it actually offends me

bainteor

Banned
Care to prove me wrong then? :)

I don't mind having a discussion but can we refrain from name-calling please.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Well firstly,

the game is balanced around the level 50 "endgame" of each class/ therefore in areas like thidranki you have classes that have had in the past the ability to take 1-8 people solo (hello bonedancer which iirc you played yes?)

as for the classes themselves - at level 24 you'll have roughly about 5-8 spells on a quickbar (can't say exact number without being at char-plan)

at level 50 my eld has 10 on qbar 1
3 or so on alt qbar 1
and another couple on ctrl qbar 1

not mentioning artifact abilities ml abilities etc

thus meaning much more skill / timing / decision making on when to use the right spell / ability.

Secondly,

Thidranki is a small zone - hence proved by the Thid weekend / thus creating much more adding / jamming / dying / releasing / rinse / repeating.

Thirdly, /stats mean absolutely nothing and neither does realm rank, I mean look at the standard of some of the realm rank 12s on the server - its a joke.

I like how you used Sheph as an example a player who has been gone so long he probably would be useless in 8v8 rvr now. or even just 8man full group roaming.

Right now onto your insane comment that a bainshee has more utility than an eldritch?

please list me the utility a bainshee has got - i've already listed the utility of a void eldritch - which can be translated to all eldritch specs just increasing the level of some spells and decreasing others.

Lastly, I'll quite happily invite you to an 8man roam group and we'll see if you're as skilled as you like to think you are with your 40,000 THIDRANKI kills.

and nobody called you names, I merely said you were so clueless that it offends me, which is true.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Bainshee more utility than an eld ?

BritSpears-Huh.gif

bainteor

Banned
Thidranki takes a lot more skill then people give it credit for, more so than level 50 RvR (trust me, I have high RR characters, so I know).

I'll take your situation as an example. In your thread, you needed some money to buy the best items - that is how much people rely on items these days. People need 100p+ just to get some sleeves. If you have the equipment that only hardcore gamers can get (due to having to save up hundreds of platinum) then you will do well. It is as simple as that. If you look at the people who do well at 50 RvR and the people that don't, you may as well split them into those that have more abilities/items and those that don't.

In Thidranki, it is much more even. Yes, Bonedancers used to be over-powered, but they were at level 50 too, it wasn't a problem confined to level 24. The fact of the matter is that in Thidranki you don't get casters who can drop tanks in under 5 seconds, you don't get the unbalances in ML, Realm Rank or over-powered items either.

I stand by my statement. I was lucky enough to play DAoC when RvR was good, back in 2003/2004. Thidranki is probably the closest thing I have come to it since.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Are you shitting me?

Thid has no purge (real purge ..) and other RA'S and important skills, people have instant cc .... that's all that needs to be said.

Himse

FH is my second home
GM's can't mod, there are only two people who can mod, and I am included in those, the person who modded Himse was removed :p

I didn't see anyone saying anything about Himse two shotting or three shotting anyone at all, and neither did any of the GM's :/

And no, we have enough donations to keep the server running for 6months +

This is kinda what I meant.

How can you tell more people aren't modded if you didn't even notice my sb was raping people?

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Thidranki takes a lot more skill then people give it credit for, more so than level 50 RvR (trust me, I have high RR characters, so I know).

I'll take your situation as an example. In your thread, you needed some money to buy the best items - that is how much people rely on items these days. People need 100p+ just to get some sleeves. If you have the equipment that only hardcore gamers can get (due to having to save up hundreds of platinum) then you will do well. It is as simple as that. If you look at the people who do well at 50 RvR and the people that don't, you may as well split them into those that have more abilities/items and those that don't.

In Thidranki, it is much more even. Yes, Bonedancers used to be over-powered, but they were at level 50 too, it wasn't a problem confined to level 24. The fact of the matter is that in Thidranki you don't get casters who can drop tanks in under 5 seconds, you don't get the unbalances in ML, Realm Rank or over-powered items either.

I stand by my statement. I was lucky enough to play DAoC when RvR was good, back in 2003/2004. Thidranki is probably the closest thing I have come to it since.

Tbh u sound like a silly player there cant do well in real rvr.. and therefor hides as a fool in thidranki :)

I did also play oldschool rvr even before u did tho! And i have also tried following the wave and made a thid toon.. but after a few days it is borring and no challenge compared to real rvr!

And at your point the sleeves u prolly talks about was for sale for 30p.. so long way up to the 100p u named! And also u dont need ml10 items to have a change in rvr, its all about your playstyle and template! And ofc tools and abilities makes something easier tho!

And back to when u talked about items was sooo expensive to get, bullshit tbh it is way too easy to make/get plats in this game nowadays even for ppl there aint hardcore players anylonger! Even as a crafter u can easy make 100-300p a day :) depends on how much work u wanna do :)

So please let me know how much skills are needed to play a lets say a skald in thid compared to a skald in real rvr ?

in thid u 1-3 hit everything if u have the right 1timedrop axeweapon!

So keep playing in thid, thats just proves u are a bad rvr player like the other ppl there says thid needs more skills :)

I would say Molvik is more challenging that thid! But i enjoy the real rvr more and has always done that the last 10 years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom