explosions at the boston marathon

Aada

Part of the furniture
Way to weasel out of a direct answer. And if the investigation says "Al-Qeada", then what?

I'll say what you are wanking off to hear, we send B52s back to Afghan and level a few more mountains.

Happy now? Twat.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Changing our way of life because of the actions of terrorists is letting them win.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Sorry to derail, but I saw a video on Facebook ground around saying 'I don't give a fuck if this gets deleted, I need to show some rag-head terrorists getting killed. (This is prior to the Boston Bombings) and it was a gunship shooting a pair of dudes running through a field that's all they were doing, I couldn't see if they were armed or anything, and all the comments were like yes, paki down, rag head down, yes.

I know a British methodology in Afghanistan is boots on the ground, and track and arrest the terrorist suspects, but when the Americans just fly around with robots all the time, the only way the 'terrorists' can respond is by blowing up their own soil, I mean, after all, whats the difference between what the Terrorists are doing what America is doing? - Apart from America is a 'legitimate body' (Do you all remember the Reuters reporter that got blown up because they believed the camera tri-pod was a RPG, lol, and then the guys that tried to help them also got blown to shit)

I don't understand why we can't treat Afghanistan as a North Korea, they have a lot more political freedom, and if they get some bat-shit crazy government in that mistreats is population, lay sanctions and blockades on their imports/exports, and watch the people get pissed off from the inside, even some British MPs have said we need to have a treaty with the Taliban to avoid a Civil War, What? they're only going to agree to it if they can get back into power, so what you're basically saying is, when we leave Afghanistan will be back to square one anyway, so leave them to it.

As for the bombings, I think it's a white pissed off guy, but I guess we'll wait and see :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'll say what you are wanking off to hear, we send B52s back to Afghan and level a few more mountains.

Happy now? Twat.

No, just about as depressed as I expected to be.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The personal insults in this thread over differing opinions are very quaint, its like going back to 2001!

Vile little people without the wit to get their point across properly.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

Happy now? Twat.

I'm curious now. Howso "we send"? Surely you mean; the USA should send B52s back to Afghan to level a few more mountains.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Blowing random shit up in response would be a very stupid thing to do.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Of course there's a difference, but changing your own way of life for extra "safety" that's completely illusory is ultimately self-defeating, as is firing a load of Hellfires at random brown people to say "fear our power, that'll show 'em", because they already know you have the power, which is why they're putting home-made bombs in bins in the first place.

So what exactly do you mean? We should ignore these kind of things? Or ignore everything around us so we don't do something that will cause things like this?

I'm not sure i understood what you wanted to say here.

DaGaffer

...so what you're basically saying is, when we leave Afghanistan will be back to square one anyway, so leave them to it.

Which is what anyone who'd ever read a history book about Afghanistan could have told you back in 2003, and many, many people did. It was probably necessary to go in to wipe out the Al-Qeada training bases back then, but all the stuff about democratising the place is a waste of time. They'll govern in their own way and all the West can ultimately do is stop them exporting terrorists.

DaGaffer

But the answer I gave is the only answer you wanted to hear and don't lie about either.

No, I actually wanted you to think instead of spouting emotional rhetoric about missing limbs. But that was too much to ask as you're obviously not big on the whole thinking thing.

DaGaffer

So what exactly do you mean? We should ignore these kind of things? Or ignore everything around us so we don't do something that will cause things like this?

I'm not sure i understood what you wanted to say here.

We should accept them as inevitable. The police carry on policing, but you don't bring in new security clampdowns that cost billions because they won't work. In every human endeavor there's going to be risk. If we start trying to take all the risk out of walking down the street (think about it, these bombs didn't have to be at an event, normal rush hour would do), we're just going to tie ourselves into knots for no practical gain.

Gwadien

Which is what anyone who'd ever read a history book about Afghanistan could have told you back in 2003, and many, many people did. It was probably necessary to go in to wipe out the Al-Qeada training bases back then, but all the stuff about democratising the place is a waste of time. They'll govern in their own way and all the West can ultimately do is stop them exporting terrorists.
Yup, which is why we go all NK on them - You're not exporting anything, until you sort out your terrorism problems, we'll give you the resources necessary to do this, but until its done, you aint trading with any UN nation.

Mind you, Opium isn't exactly a legal trading resource ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
No, I actually wanted you to think instead of spouting emotional rhetoric about missing limbs. But that was too much to ask as you're obviously not big on the whole thinking thing.

You weren't happy with my first answer and went straight to the what if its the terrorists, you weren't very subtle at all with the answer you were looking for.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Do you think it's possible that we just won't find out who was responsible for this?

DaGaffer

Yup, which is why we go all NK on them - You're not exporting anything, until you sort out your terrorism problems, we'll give you the resources necessary to do this, but until its done, you aint trading with any UN nation.

Mind you, Opium isn't exactly a legal trading resource ;)

There, you've said it yourself, Afghanistan doesn't actually have much we want, and a load of shit we don't. There's also a big practical difference; NK only shares borders with two countries, both pretty locked down, whereas Afghanistan shares borders with a bunch of less than reliable countries with borders that leak like a colander; a practical trade embargo isn't possible and illegal smuggling (of people and opium) is already endemic. Pakistan in particular is a big problem as the border may as well not be there.

DaGaffer

You weren't happy with my first answer and went straight to the what if its the terrorists, you weren't very subtle at all with the answer you were looking for.

Ah, I'm the one accused of lack of subtlety mr.missing-limbs? Riiight. Your first answer wasn't an answer at all and you know it. And once again, yes I was hoping (although not expecting) that you might stop and think "ah, we've already tried that and it didn't work so well".

Chilly

Balls of steel
Of course it's terrorists.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It really takes a troll to step away from trolling to see how much other people troll.

RIP to lost folk, bombs are awful no matter what the country.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well i allready stay away from high profile crowded events..mainly because im not a sheep and they do tend to attract all kinds of shit.

Gwadien

Well i allready stay away from high profile crowded events..mainly because im not a sheep and they do tend to attract all kinds of shit.
Yep, all high profile crowded events have people blowing it up.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Living in the city, it's very hard to keep things in perspective. I know worse things happen every day, but when you live in a place it's hard for it not to feel different.

The bombs went off at around the 4hours 5 minutes mark of the race....almost the exact time my wife finished the race 5 years ago.

I agree with the people saying retaliation and over the top security isn't the answer though.

People already signing up to run it again next year is the answer.
People finishing the race yesterday and then running and extra mile to the nearest hospital is the answer.
This is the answer - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoXVKFw1Uci5dFNpRGdWd2pXZTN4a3Fza0VhVTRVaGc&output=html.

Patton Oswalts way of thinking is the answer - "Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And its fuckwits like yourself who want to ignore it and put your head in the sand

He's not putting his head in the sand. He's quite logically saying that you can't use military force or pass laws to stop this thing. History shows this - and shows that when you do things get worse, not better - for everyone.

All you can do is change the conditions that give rise to why people feel the need to make and plant bombs in the first place.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
British MPs have said we need to have a treaty with the Taliban to avoid a Civil War, What? they're only going to agree to it if they can get back into power
They've always been in power.

Afghanistan's been at war for one reason or another since about 1850. I'm pretty sure we're just a minor annoyance to them.

what you're basically saying is, when we leave Afghanistan will be back to square one anyway, so leave them to it.

The consensus is already that we've pretty much lost. We've also created a lot of people who are hugely pissed off with us by killing their family members.

Way to go, eh? :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
He's not putting his head in the sand. He's quite logically saying that you can't use military force or pass laws to stop this thing. History shows this - and shows that when you do things get worse, not better - for everyone.

All you can do is change the conditions that give rise to why people feel the need to make and plant bombs in the first place.

Change the conditions? Good luck trying to change fanatical views that will never be changed. They hate the US and UK just because they do.

Aada

Part of the furniture
They've always been in power.

Afghanistan's been at war for one reason or another since about 1850. I'm pretty sure we're just a minor annoyance to them.

The consensus is already that we've pretty much lost. We've also created a lot of people who are hugely pissed off with us by killing their family members.

Way to go, eh? :(

What about the people we helped in Afghan? I spent 6 months there and the amount of people we helped either with sickness or wounds from Taliban IEDs they were thankful. The majority don't hate us just a fanatical minority.

For example what about the power we restored to a large part of the country by repairing power plants that the Taliban destroyed. We had many people come to us thanking us for returning power to them so they could watch TV etc.

The kids loved us there every day we used to go to a local village every day and play football and eat lunch with them. Maybe a generation won't hate us like some of the current.

Gwadien

What about the people we helped in Afghan? I spent 6 months there and the amount of people we helped either with sickness or wounds from Taliban IEDs they were thankful. The majority don't hate us just a fanatical minority.

The kids loved us there every day we used to go to a local village every day and play football and eat lunch with them. Maybe a generation won't hate us like some of the current.
That's what I was saying, it doesn't matter how many visible friendly British soldiers there are, there could be a million of them, doing the right thing and tracking down the actual terrorists, but if one drone decides to wipe a family in a village, no matter what, that village will be hostile to the soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom