Exclusive FH Comp!! Win Goa War Beta Keys!!!

Gilitrut

Fledgling Freddie
In all fairness, when I saw your drawing it worried me because it was very good and I knew it would beat mine. I'd personally say that it deserved a gold. I didn't win a single prize in the art contest. (though I think that's because I won a gold and a silver in the others and it would definately be unfair on everyone else if I won something in all three contests)

However, this isn't really a serious art competition and the panel of judges (as far as my knowlege goes on the subject, which isn't far) were the mods. (correct me if I'm wrong here) So it was more along the lines of what they liked the best rather than what was technically the best piece of art. In a world where a beatiful photo-like portrait can be worth less than a red line on a canvas it's not really too surprising really.

I'm sorry you didn't make the cut, I feel that it's a shame as your piece was in my personal top three to win. But as it says in the rules, the judges decision is final. You still have the deebs award to go though, I think, so you might be in with a chance there.

thank you, but what are deeps award ?

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
The Deebs Award.

3 Users will be selected from the pool of non-winning entries based upon Deebs' own chosen criteria
From my understanding of that, there will be one more gold, silver and bronze award given out to any of the entries that didn't win. So don't give up hope, we might still be seeing you in beta!

Gilitrut

Fledgling Freddie
From my understanding of that, there will be one more gold, silver and bronze award given out to any of the entries that didn't win. So don't give up hope, we might still be seeing you in beta!

i will never;) and want in the beta soooooooo bad soo damm bad:)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm afraid the Deebs award is on hold owing to the sad death of Deebs' mum recently :(

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
I'm afraid the Deebs award is on hold owing to the sad death of Deebs' mum recently :(

Oh dear :(. I'm never very good with things like this, but take all the time you need. I'm personally not waiting on the deebs award as I already have my gold prize, but I'm sure no-one would want to rush it knowing this whether they are waiting for it or not.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
jeez have some respect he just said the poor mans mother died so i doubt he will even be thinking AT ALL about the award atm :(

Gnarrth

Fledgling Freddie
Well that really fucking sucks. :( Send my regards to him and the rest of the family in that case.

Gilitrut

Fledgling Freddie
jeez have some respect he just said the poor mans mother died so i doubt he will even be thinking AT ALL about the award atm :(

of course i have respect!!!:twak:, jupitus you have my regards m8, i know how it feels to loose a loved one:(

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
:/ Ouch

My sympathies to Deebs etc...

Jup, suggest locking this thread for now, that way we don't get anymore I want my key now spam and it can always be added to later on when relevant...

Moofin

Fledgling Freddie
i consitter that my drawing being judged equal among a spacemarine created in paint(witch was very well done none the less)

Yours may have taken a few hours, but if you've ever tried to create something in paint - pixel by pixel then you'd realise that 'that spacemarine' took quite possibly around 16hours of work. And i'm surprised you got any prize at all considering it was posted after the deadline.:kissit:

Gilitrut

Fledgling Freddie
Yours may have taken a few hours, but if you've ever tried to create something in paint - pixel by pixel then you'd realise that 'that spacemarine' took quite possibly around 16hours of work. And i'm surprised you got any prize at all considering it was posted a day after the deadline.:kissit:
Dude just to be honest here, the time that that you put in makein an artwork doesent make it better then mine thoug i spend less time on it, its just how good of an artist you are, and mine was better(just being honest) . and i don't think it really matters that it was posted a day after the deadline i posted it before 17:00 so i think it's bullshit that i didn't get a gold!!!

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Moofin, you are totally in the right here.

I agree with the earlier suggestion to lock this thread, I can see that this is going to erupt into a flame war...

Talivar

Part of the furniture
TBH 99% of ppl have remained happy and civil, win or lose. Is just one person who cant accept he lost it seems:(
There will be more competions m8 and im sure you will have chance to win again, just keep chin up and try again and dont let the bitterness take over you anymore :)

Gilitrut

Fledgling Freddie
Moofin, you are totally in the right here.

I agree with the earlier suggestion to lock this thread, I can see that this is going to erupt into a flame war...

I see, well i'm ok with locking this thread, take all the time u need deeps i can wait:)

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Well if we're going to remain civil then we might aswell keep this topic open for discussion. I know that it gives me something to do while I wait for my PM! :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
guys, please refrain from resorting to outright flames if possible. imo, if you must insult, remember, do so with style and substance ;)

please note, as mentioned above, our fearless leader has suffered a tragic personal loss and is not his cheerful usual self. Please bear with us and him as we pull through this difficult time. I am aware that some delay will occur, but do not fear, prizes will reach the winners, and a warm thank you to the patient amongst us on behalf of the man himself.

in an aside, I must myself apologize for missing your prizewinning moment, people; I have been very busy with personal matters, so I wasn't about to actually see things happen sadly enough, and even though I am not a mod of this forum, I am a staff member and regard it as a loss that I failed to manage to be here for you :( , but that aside, all competition entrants, much thanks for your efforts! imo you all rock and extra special congrats to the winners! I really hope you enjoy your prizes when they reach you etc etc. good going guys, and remember to keep a lookout for future competitions!

cheers, TdC :)

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
guys, please refrain from resorting to outright flames if possible. imo, if you must insult, remember, do so with style and substance ;)

please note, as mentioned above, our fearless leader has suffered a tragic personal loss and is not his cheerful usual self. Please bear with us and him as we pull through this difficult time. I am aware that some delay will occur, but do not fear, prizes will reach the winners, and a warm thank you to the patient amongst us on behalf of the man himself.

in an aside, I must myself apologize for missing your prizewinning moment, people; I have been very busy with personal matters, so I wasn't about to actually see things happen sadly enough, and even though I am not a mod of this forum, I am a staff member and regard it as a loss that I failed to manage to be here for you :( , but that aside, all competition entrants, much thanks for your efforts! imo you all rock and extra special congrats to the winners! I really hope you enjoy your prizes when they reach you etc etc. good going guys, and remember to keep a lookout for future competitions!

cheers, TdC :)

See, that post makes all the difference! I was feeling a little in the dark about this competition considering that no-one had contacted me at all, it is good to know that it hasn't been forgotten and I patiently await my prizes.

I would like a little more information on the beta keys though, such as how/when they will be given out. Who will be taking care of it (contacting us etc.) and just a little more information. Believe me, I'm really not being rude, I'm very, very grateful to have taken part in this contest and ecstatic to have won. It's just that when I read that I won a gold prize I could barely contain my excitement, and I have checked this forum roughly 3-4 times daily since then and we've pretty much been left in the dark since.

TdC

I know what you mean mate, so I shall give the men in the know a gentle nudge to see about someone getting out information to you guys. bear with us, and I'll see about that nudge! :)

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
I know what you mean mate, so I shall give the men in the know a gentle nudge to see about someone getting out information to you guys. bear with us, and I'll see about that nudge! :)

Very, very much appreciated mate!:worthy:

FlyingDaggers

Fledgling Freddie

Thx for that m8 ;)

I won gold, i dont mind if the stuff comes in a week or in 2 months or so, i just want to able to play the beta if possible :) Since i won i was checking each hour or so if i got a pm from the mods hehe

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

TdC

I know, I know :( the nudge has been delivered though, so I hope the information comes in soon. thanks for your patience fellas.

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
I know, I know :( the nudge has been delivered though, so I hope the information comes in soon. thanks for your patience fellas.

Thanks alot, really. It makes the wait easier to know that something is being done about it. Before you posted it felt like it'd been put on the back burner which would have sucked, for lack of a better word!

Cheers:cheers:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
just a tip - even when things get going it's not going to be instant :) so don't go booking weeks off work to play the beta until you have that client in your hands :p ;)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Im gonna cancel subs to life when i get beta :D

Such an expensive game anyways ^_^

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
I'm off college for the next two weeks, once I go back I won't have time for long testing sessions very often so if I could get my key sometime within the next two weeks it would be awesome. To be honest though, I didn't expect it to be instant but I expected it to arrive pretty soon after I'd won, or at least some more information.

Is there any chance that we can get some information that isn't completely vague? We were told we'd be contacted within a couple of days and it's been just over a week, thanks go out to TdC for sending out some nudges, but still we haven't had any news and I can't be the only winner who is going crazy waiting for their key/news of when they'll be getting said key. Checking this forum is beginning to consume my life, and I'd much rather have WAR doing that! :)

Please?

EDIT: and where did the forum go just now? I couldn't access it for awhile there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom