Exclusive FH Comp!! Win Goa War Beta Keys!!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Freddys Frighteningly Fun Warhammer Competition.

Dearly beloved!!! We are very happy to bring you an exclusive competition in which you could win not only Warhammer merchandise, but even a Warhammer Online Beta testing Key!!!. This is the only English-speaking forum in partnership with GOA to bring you this opportunity to join in the exciting new MMORPG at the earliest stages, so cough up some cash if you haven't already and get your creative juices flowing!!!

The competiton will consist of 3 categories as per below. Create your entry, post it as described and cross everything in the hope of winning! The competition is only open to FreddysHouse paid subscribers based in Europe... please read this VERY carefully!

Category A.

Best Fan Art - Users must submit a piece of their own work as Warhammer fan art. This will be judged by a FreddysHouse panel of judges and prizes awarded in three tiers, Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Category B.

Best Storyline - Users must submit a short story of their own creation with a Warhammer theme. This will be judged by a FreddysHouse panel of judges and prizes awarded in three tiers, Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Category C.

Caption competition - Users must submit a modified version of the attached screenshot to include their own inciteful and witty caption. This will be judged by a FreddysHouse panel of judges and prizes awarded in three tiers, Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The Deebs Award.

3 Users will be selected from the pool of non-winning entries based upon Deebs' own chosen criteria, which one would assume would be based on :

a) Female nudity
b) Female good looks
or
c) A good funny effort made.

These 3 will be ranked by Deebs (and his panel if he so desires) and awarded a Gold, Silver and Bronze prize aswell.

All competition entries must be posted in the appropriate thread according to the category entered. Users may enter more than one category, but they will only be able to win in one category, so their best efforts will count, worst efforts will be ignored. Users must only submit one entry per category, their first entry be judged, any subsequent entires ignored.

The FH code of conduct MUST be observed in all entires, even those hoping to win the much-coveted Deebs award.

The decision of the judges will be final blah blah blah blah ... we're in charge so don't argue, but it will be fairly done ;)

Oh... no FH moderators with the exception of 'sticky' mods may enter. Including Poag. Tough :)

Closing date for entries will be Wednesday 15th August at 17:00 UK time, with winners to be announced by 17:00 UK time on Monday the 20th August 2007.

Have fun!!!! :D

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
All hail the giver of the Beta Key.

Hehe - well there are a few up for grabs, not just one per category, and additional prizes include Warhammer T shirts, posters and Lanyards too :)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH

The Deebs Award.

3 Users will be selected from the pool of non-winning entries based upon Deebs' own chosen criteria, which one would assume would be based on :

a) Female nudity
b) Female good looks
or
c) A good funny effort made.

Does it have to be female???

I know Deebs has a fondness for boobs, do man boobs count?
(<sigh> The things I'd do for a beta key)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Greenskin boobs ought to get a betakey.

(Considering there are no greenskin females, that'll be a bit hard to take a picture of.. :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Can the story be warhammer in general or does it have to stick more to the MMO setting?:)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So long as it is Warhammer related that's fine :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
aaah crap... I can't draw or write a story if my life depended on it :(
Guess I'll have to take a sex operation and hope for the female nudity price... or resort to bum-sex bribes.... :eek7:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bumpy - please read the rules very carefully all :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
ok any max/min word ammounts for story?:) soem ppls version of short story is 10lines and some 10 pages lol:)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
No minimum or maximum, but bear in mind it needs to be posted so long stories will have to be broken up over several posts... common sense should be used ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh... no FH moderators with the exception of 'sticky' mods may enter. Including Poag. Tough :)

why not? i can understand if no GOA staff could enter but mods? or are they "the panel"?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Link competitions from DAOC forums

I am in 2 minds about this, since I want to maximise my chances of a beta key. But in the interests of driving up subscriber numbers, even if only for a month, wouldn't a link from DAOC general discussion forums be appropiate?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If i was a subscriber i'd have photoshopped Fat Bastards head on, with the caption "I eat Orcies"

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
I might subscribe and join in, but I might not subscribe and still join in....I expect a special Deebs award!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Since there isnt many short storys yet are we allowed to do more than one?:)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Since there isnt many short storys yet are we allowed to do more than one?:)

Not for the comp, but post others anyway if you like :)

Keitan

Banned
im a noob and all call me noob and ive been waiting for this dam game for ages.... do i get a key ? :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Erm, not trying to be negative or anything its good that your giving people a chance to get on the beta and all :p I don't need a key for warhammer and I know just how many people want to worm there way in.... however!

I do think putting "The competiton will consist of 3 categories as per below. Create your entry, post it as described and cross everything in the hope of winning! The competition is only open to FreddysHouse paid subscribers based in Europe... please read this VERY carefully!"

Now the europe part I can understand but the wording around "Paid" only? now I'm not being a complete toff on or nowt but to me that just looks like someone in short selling beta keys? I mean if someone subscribes purely to enter a competition for a key they can technically get for free anyway? (if lucky enough)

Surely adding something like "People that were paid subscribers before such and such a date" would be better :p?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
"The competiton will consist of 3 categories as per below. Create your entry, post it as described and cross everything in the hope of winning! The competition is only open to FreddysHouse paid subscribers based in Europe... please read this VERY carefully!"

Now the europe part I can understand but the wording around "Paid" only? now I'm not being a complete toff on or nowt but to me that just looks like someone in short selling beta keys? I mean if someone subscribes purely to enter a competition for a key they can technically get for free anyway? (if lucky enough)

Surely adding something like "People that were paid subscribers before such and such a date" would be better :p?

We feel it's is justifiable to make the competition subscriber only, after all we do the hosting and admin and modding for this site, not GOA. This is an opportunity for GOA to thank FH by giving us an exclusive, after all.

To announce a competition, though, and then say 'but you can't enter' without giving folks the chance to sub up would be unfair.

Hope that's ok :)

I notice some people have been posting entries without being subbed - please read the rules carefully, all!

A

axelo

I think the Ogre looks like Gordon Brown, could make a funny caption.

W

[WAR-MP]Eristoff

Maybe my english is too poor to find easily where we can be a paid FHSuscriber but I'm looking around the forum for 1hour without finding such a place to enter my Credit Card's numbers...
So if some one could help me, it will be glad and the french community will appreciate the act.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Go to 'User CP' at the top of the page then 'Paid Subscriptions' near the bottom on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom