Exclusive FH Comp!! Win Goa War Beta Keys!!!

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Quick question to the staff about this, how far away is "before too long". I've been hearing about people promised beta places after going to events that still aren't in, I hope it's soon I'm going absolutely nuts here!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Users may enter more than one category, but they will only be able to win in one category, so their best efforts will count, worst efforts will be ignored. Users must only submit one entry per category, their first entry be judged, any subsequent entires ignored.

Some people seem to have won in more than one category?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll let IainC answer the beta question, but regarding the lootage these will be posted to our winners by me from my office in London at great personal expense, no doubt :eek:

Naturally, I will need to HAVE the lootage in my office first, and we're working on this!!

Rest assured we will sort you all out as soon as possible ;)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Jupitus do the winners email you our details now or we wait for you to email/pm us first?:) Sorry if its already answered :)

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Been going back and forth to my computer all evening and just realised that results have actually been posted. Grats to all, especially my fellow literary types. It's nice that this comp drew out so much creativity and have to say I was surprised (and as a competitor, very worried) by the standards.

WAR! /Slayn Out!
xx

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Some people seem to have won in more than one category?

Hi Ouro :)

Noone has won, as in won 1st prize and hence beta key, in more than one category which was the mian aim of this.... some names appear more than once but that is a result of entry numbers in the quieter categories. Hope that explains.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Noone has won, as in won 1st prize and hence beta key, in more than one category which was the mian aim of this.... some names appear more than once but that is a result of entry numbers in the quieter categories. Hope that explains.

Might be fairer to spread out the prizes instead of giving the same people two posters! :p

FlyingDaggers

Fledgling Freddie
GIVF KEY!!! :flame::flame::flame:

And zeh lootz0rz!!

Cant sleep again hehe i wanna play

Requiel i hope we dont have to wait a few weeks, that would not be fair, 9 extra people in beta inst gonna kill the servers hehe

Lets c some first class service from GOA :)

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Ogrelin and I was hoping you'd get a betakey as well, from the very beginning I loved your picture! :eek:

Yeah I deserv a key, don't I? :) ah well...back to playing some old booring games....

I wonder if I'll get the price for my wonderful fanart or my shortstory? ;)

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Help! I'm going totally insane because of this! *refreshes the forum some more*

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I am. :D Having won a key but not having acess to the game for an unspecified amount of time has actually made me more impatient than I was before! I'm watching this forum endlessly waiting for a PM and it's driving me nuts!

(p.s. refreshing constantly might be a slight exaggeration, it's more like checking every hour or so.)

royo

Fledgling Freddie
From what I understood, until they receive the physical loot we are supposed to get they won't contact us or something like that, have patience, I'm guessing the keys will come after the whole Leipzig thing is over :).

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I figured that it would come after liepzig and don't get me wrong, I'll have patience. I can just barely contain my excitement really!;)

FlyingDaggers

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I figured that it would come after liepzig and don't get me wrong, I'll have patience. I can just barely contain my excitement really!;)

Same here :)

Got a brand new system waiting for testing :p Well i have to play bioschock then for abit :)

Mods givf pm with beta key imo :flame:

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Same here :)

Got a brand new system waiting for testing :p Well i have to play bioschock then for abit :)

Mods givf pm with beta key imo :flame:

That isn't out until friday isn't it? I could use that to keep me amused until I get my beta pass.

Crudity

Fledgling Freddie
Waiting isn't the problem, but I hope if we get betakeys, they will be the ones for now, not the ones which will be active after 4 months...

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Waiting isn't the problem, but I hope if we get betakeys, they will be the ones for now, not the ones which will be active after 4 months...

Aye, that's what I was worrying about. There was an american competition where the keys didn't allow immediate access into the beta, instead gave a promise that you'd get in during the beta at some point which is a bit of a non-prize tbh because that could be now or 5 minutes before the retail release.

I'm definately not saying that the same thing is happening here (as the prize here was specified as being beta keys, the competition I saw had a disclaimer about them not being an instant pass into beta) but until further notice I can't help but be both excited and worried. I want to be here the moment I'm allowed into beta, not knowing when that might be is torture! Hope it's sometime within the next two weeks while I have plenty of free time *crosses his fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes.*

Crudity

Fledgling Freddie
*crosses his fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes.*

Agree, but... DON'T CROSS YOUR EYES! you'll be blind D: le gasp

:rolleyes: anyway, I agree with you and well, we can only hope warhammer will brighten our lives as soon as possible ;] quick quick!

Gilitrut

Fledgling Freddie
Ok i just want to say that the gold, silver and bronze winners in catagory A all created an amazing Warhammer fan-art and i want to congratulate them, but what i really don't understand is how i landed in the second place. There where 3 that recived the gold and i think i should have been one of them. I thout my pencil drawing witch i spent a great deal of time finishing(and didn't quite get to finish at all) was atleast worthy for a gold price, and being an art student myself and hopein to make profession in the future as an artist i consitter that my drawing being judged equal among a spacemarine created in paint(witch was very well done none the less) and a woodcolour drawing made by a 14 year old(wery nice drawing to) is basicly an insult to me:(, I'm not tryin to insult anyone here i'm just curious and dissapointed that i only recived the silver:)

none the less, nice work of art evryone who entered the contest. :clap:

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
In all fairness, when I saw your drawing it worried me because it was very good and I knew it would beat mine. I'd personally say that it deserved a gold. I didn't win a single prize in the art contest. (though I think that's because I won a gold and a silver in the others and it would definately be unfair on everyone else if I won something in all three contests)

However, this isn't really a serious art competition and the panel of judges (as far as my knowlege goes on the subject, which isn't far) were the mods. (correct me if I'm wrong here) So it was more along the lines of what they liked the best rather than what was technically the best piece of art. In a world where a beatiful photo-like portrait can be worth less than a red line on a canvas it's not really too surprising really.

I'm sorry you didn't make the cut, I feel that it's a shame as your piece was in my personal top three to win. But as it says in the rules, the judges decision is final. You still have the deebs award to go though, I think, so you might be in with a chance there.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
was very well done none the less) and a woodcolour drawing made by a 14 year old(wery nice drawing to)
none the less, nice work of art evryone who entered the contest. :clap:

Hey I'm 32!!! :) I'm not very proud over my MS Paint drawing, but it landed my a bronzeprize... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom