Exclusive FH Comp!! Win Goa War Beta Keys!!!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is that in the announcements around the websites you don't state its a competition for FH subscribers so what you are doing is illegal;aren't you in europe? I have checked this with my lawyer and states that I am tricked to register and find out later that you have to pay for it. I don't have that much knowledge to write more details like my lawyer does.

Vaggos, If you look at the top sticky messages in this forum there is one called

Exclusive FH Comp!! Win Goa War Beta Keys!!!

This post is clearly visible and details the rules for the competition, specifically the requirement to be a "subscriber", this thread and post can be accessed by anyone, from anywhere, without restriction - so I find it impossible to believe you were tricked into subscribing to the forums in order to read this public post.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Curious to know what lawyer told you this was illegal lol, and if one did then im pretty sure u have told him the facts wrong because there is nothing at all illegal with this.Any information on the competition is readable by ANYONE, no subscription needed. If you thought it was free to enter then the fault is 00% yours for nor bothering to look for rules in the stickied thread.
At the end of the day all you and the other person are managing to achieve is the fact you are showing the community how selfish and crybaby like you are. Make no mistake this isnt about making the competition free for all , this is about YOU throwing a dummy out of your cot because YOU cant/wont pay a very small price to enter a competition with a top class prize. If this is your attitude in general to things that dont go your way then im sure people in beta will breath a sigh of relief knowing you didnt enter the competition.

The_Daddy

Fledgling Freddie
It's fair enough to assume anybody can enter but this is exactly why you have to read everything first. I was more then happy to find another WAR forum and pay to have the chance to win something like this.

:england:

Raazaar

Fledgling Freddie
It's fair enough to assume anybody can enter but this is exactly why you have to read everything first. I was more then happy to find another WAR forum and pay to have the chance to win something like this.

:england:

QFT.

I'm not gonna lie, I signed up for the competition, but what I found was a great fansite, deffo worth the 1.50!

Some of you guys really need to stop blowing this thing out of proportion. :rolleyes:

taB

Part of the furniture
The problem is that in the announcements around the websites you don't state its a competition for FH subscribers so what you are doing is illegal;aren't you in europe? I have checked this with my lawyer and states that I am tricked to register and find out later that you have to pay for it. I don't have that much knowledge to write more details like my lawyer does.

While you're at it can you please find out what your lawyer thinks of me calling you an idiot.

Thanks.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I signed up for the competition, but what I found was a great fansite, deffo worth the 1.50!

you see, this is what we are aiming for :) ofc, if you happen to win a key, we'll only see you here if the servers are down for maintenance ;)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Im just trying to figure out how the fuck i would tell my lawyer i got a prob with a warhammer fan forum site competition without him going :eek7: ...

TdC

smashing work guys! remember: [highlight]there's still a few hours left![/highlight]

Competition closes today 17:00hrs UK time! Go for it :england:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Now that the time is almost done, could u advance us a little about the prizes ofr gold, silver n bronze awards...? :p

vaggos

Fledgling Freddie
It's not about the sticky message on this forum. It's all about the message on the website that I clicked to visit yours that didn't mention it's for your subscribers. They way it was announced as a competition to win beta key there was nothing like "for FH subscribers" I will request to remove the message that calling me an idiot. If you want to find out what my lawyer thinks ask the owner of this website in about 2 days.

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
In all fairness, it's £1.50 for a months subscription. For £1.50 I have not one but THREE chances of winning a beta key, along with other goodies, and I have also found a new community of friendly WAR fans with whom to discuss the upcoming game. I think that's a bloody good offer really.

Vaggos, I think you'll find that everything you need to know has already been explained to you in great detail by the other members of this forum. All the rules are there in black and white for you to read. You are wrong, please accept that and move on.

On a lighter note to break up all the complaining and arguing, I had a great time writing, drawing and otherwise coming up with my entries for these competitions. Thanks to all involved for giving me the opportunity to do so.

TdC

Hi vaggos,

if you are indeed seeking to present a case against FH, then I would strongly advise you to no longer refer to it in a public forum (such as this one) until it has been presented, unless your solicitor instructs you otherwise.

Cheers,

The_Daddy

Fledgling Freddie
I still fail to see why you are seeking legal help about this. The way I see it is:

You didn't read through everything, you felt burned because you would get something for nothing, you decided to either make up this lawyer or contacted a friend who also has no real legal background.

Take for instance your cheap mobile phone retailer, they offer a free PS3 when you take out a contract. Wow, you think what a deal. What you fail to read is the small print which states the PS3 will only be redeemable if a) a certain bill spend has been met for the first 3 months of the contract and once it is met copies of your phone bill must be sent to the head office and a PS3 will be shipped to you whilst stocks last or b) you have completed at least 50% of the contract period (note the standard contract length they offer is now 18 months) so after 9 months you can claim the PS3 if all conditions are met etc whilst stocks last.

So you take your case to trading standards, they tell you that you agreed to all the conditions of the contract. In this case you agree to the t&c's when registering (standard forums rules etc) you are not out of pocket for anything and you have the right to cancel your account at anytime and never visit the site again. You clicked the link to this site at your own free will for the chance to win a beta key when reaching the site the terms & conditions of the competition are displayed. Who is at fault? Freddyshouse did not force you to register you chose to, freddyshouse do not hold any blame in my opinion.

Now I only studied business law as part of my accountancy qualifications and that was a few years ago, but I really fail to see how you will manage to apportion blame upon the website for your own incompetency.

Sorry long post as I have nothing better to do at 1am while waiting to feed the little un :drink:

taB

Part of the furniture
It's not about the sticky message on this forum. It's all about the message on the website that I clicked to visit yours that didn't mention it's for your subscribers. They way it was announced as a competition to win beta key there was nothing like "for FH subscribers" I will request to remove the message that calling me an idiot. If you want to find out what my lawyer thinks ask the owner of this website in about 2 days.

Hi vaggos,

The hosts of this forum ensure that everyone follows a set of rules when they sign up (Code of conduct). You have agreed to these rules by posting here, whether you read them or not. Might I direct you to this:

"A word of warning, no age restrictions are in place at FreddysHouse so be prepared for some content that may be offensive, rude and indeed unsuitable for minors."

My statement that I consider you to be an idiot is mine and mine alone, the hosts of this forum have no responsibilty for my actions. I would also be miffed if they were to censor it as I am entitled to express my opinion.

I would like to reiterate that I still consider you an idiot and have considered raising the alert level to "complete twat" but have decided against that course of action at the moment. I look forward to your next post so I may decide how to proceed with this most serious matter.

Yours sincerely,

Ben.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved

Oh man, get a life!

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie

Are you so bored with your life that you have to go seeking issues to champion. The only person who seems to be overly put out by this whole event is yourself, so its unlikely you are doing this for the greater good.

Of course you may just a person who has a lawyer/legal fetish. As someone pointed out, it was made clear in the intial instructions, that this was a Subscriber only competition and if nothing else it will make FH make sure that the 1st line in any future competitions (if they can seriously be arsed after this nonsense) is to state this primary condition in bold at the top. So I am sure there was a lesson learnt here.

I know I would personally prefer if you devoted your energies to more worthy things in life, like charity work. This would at least create a positive outcome for all involved.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH

Sounds like your issue is with a third party website not with FH. FH has been completely honest and open about this competition and the entry requirements, if an external site mislead you into believing that these rules were different, blame them.

There is no way any reasonable individual can hold this site acountable for links on someone else site... Ah, I see my mistake here... Reasonable person...

Tell you what I'm gonna do... I'm gonna ask a friend on an external site to refer you as a supplier of beautiful blondes and fast cars, all for free ofc and then threaten to sue you when I don't recieve them.

Hell, maybe you can ask your imaginary lawyer friend to represent me ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Riiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht!!!

First of all, a massive thank you to all of you taking part and enjoying the competiton... behind the scenes people are saying there have been some excellent entries and judging is going to be very tough!

Secondly, a huge welcome to any newcomers to FreddysHouse... please don't be put off by some of the bickering - we have a relaxed attitude which means people do get a say but generally things are fun and chilled out :)

Thirdly, the competition is now, of course, closed.

Fourthly, we will announce winners, and their prizes, on Monday at the latest.

Fifthly, everybody pray that the prizes (other than beta keys, of course, which are 'soft copy') finally arrive with FH staff for sending out!!! :england:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Riiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht!!!

First of all, a massive thank you to all of you taking part and enjoying the competiton... behind the scenes people are saying there have been some excellent entries and judging is going to be very tough!

Secondly, a huge welcome to any newcomers to FreddysHouse... please don't be put off by some of the bickering - we have a relaxed attitude which means people do get a say but generally things are fun and chilled out :)

Thirdly, the competition is now, of course, closed.

Fourthly, we will announce winners, and their prizes, on Monday at the latest.

Fifthly, everybody pray that the prizes (other than beta keys, of course, which are 'soft copy') finally arrive with FH staff for sending out!!! :england:

I know this might sound cocky but, do you deliver outside UK?? :drink:

Gnarrth

Fledgling Freddie

I'll pray first that I've won the compo if you don't mind. :p

spondodge

Fledgling Freddie

Bickering is a part of forum life :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Tbh if I have not won after my superb entry and becoming a father last week then my Lawyer has told me that I can sue all of you fuckers.

After I guided him to the site he told me he had a list of terrible things you guys at FH get away with!!!! I shall await the results be issuing my lawyer to subpoena you all to my house for a great big fuck off spank session.

Tilda

Tbh if I have not won after my superb entry and becoming a father last week then my Lawyer has told me that I can sue all of you fuckers.

After I guided him to the site he told me he had a list of terrible things you guys at FH get away with!!!! I shall await the results be issuing my lawyer to subpoena you all to my house for a great big fuck off spank session.

Its a pity American law doesn't apply to the UK ;)

*suggests to get an english lawyer* :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom