Exciting new Warhammer Beta competition!!!

Nate

FH is my second home
You can't aim without your Sentry Gun!!! <sap's it!!!>

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
*sticks his head in and looks around*

subtle :)
But I'm affraid it won't be for today either... check back after the weekend mate :) (for now you could, for instance, whine abit about the CE box or stuff like that.. there's about 10 threads about it on this forum alone :) )

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Stop wreckin meh buzz man! One can hope :p

I'm not worried about the CE situation it'll sort itself out. Already ordered mine from play.com despite the price as I'd rather go with an "offical" retailer. The codes will come in time. I still hold out hope we might hear about the beta comp today, tho I'm sure its low on Req's priority list as its been a busy week. But it's friday, the day of hope and dreams (and beer)

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Doh, from the WHA site

"Ok, here's the final word to save your poor f5 buttons from abuse.
I have a bunch of votes, I have a lot of very talented and very deserving entries and now we have to whittle down to the final, lucky few. There are some tough choices to make and some difficult ties to break so I'm giving myself and the site admins until Monday to thrash out the final list.

On Monday afternoon at some point, all will be revealed.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I was just on my way here but Amadeus beat me to it.

Yup, Monday is W-Day. W for winnar!

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
The joys of having today off but due to crumby weather I can afford to forum whore.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
heheh, nicely done Amadeus :)

And thx for the update nonetheless IainC. Much appreciated (even though I already had guessed it would be monday).

Anyways, still you guys have done a great job! I mean, there are stoy competitions I know that take 3 months before they actually choose 3 winners, so the 2 weeks you guys used is a record time to me :) Nicely done, and once again: may the best win!

(oh, also, will there be some sort of motivation why certain stories won? Or better yet: will there be a way I can get to know why my story didn't win (if it didn't)? Since I like writing, and my dream is to once write a book or stuff, but I'm kinda bothered with the question if anyone actually likes my writing style (I mean, I let my friends and mom read it, but it's normal they say it's good :) ) So, anyways, will there be any feedback on the stories we wrote of sorts?)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I could give you some feedback if you're really interested McFlurry

Beerkeg

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, rushed home from work for nothing :p. Oh well, got monday, tuesday and wednesday off for next week. So if I win (which I very much doubt I will), then I can enjoy my prize! :clap:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I knew about this competition for a fair while so i seduced every female postal worker (I am fucking shattered!). I have a 38.4% chance one of my pishi-pishi will steal the prizes and deliver them to me BWAHAHAHAYOUCANTSTOPMEHHAHAHAHAHA

Rohan

Fledgling Freddie
TBH i knida knew it would be monday. The drawings are easy to grade, but there are so many good stories, a week is just not sufficient to grade all of them. The longer it takes, the sweeter the prize will be. Good luck to ya all.

Beerkeg

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt there 4 Beta spots for each category? And 4 runner up prizes of beta spots for each category?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
well, we're sure about the 4 beta keys in story and 4 beta keys in art for each of the 4 forums (so these are 8x4=32 beta keys). Then we know there are 8 runner ups, but we actually don't know if this is for all forums together (so 2 extra beta keys for each forum, 1 for art, 1 for stories) or if this is 8 beta keys for each forum (4 for art, 4 for story). I'm guessing it'll be the latter though, so this means 64 beta keys :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
well, we're sure about the 4 beta keys in story and 4 beta keys in art for each of the 4 forums (so these are 8x4=32 beta keys). Then we know there are 8 runner ups, but we actually don't know if this is for all forums together (so 2 extra beta keys for each forum, 1 for art, 1 for stories) or if this is 8 beta keys for each forum (4 for art, 4 for story). I'm guessing it'll be the latter though, so this means 64 beta keys :)

There are a total of 40 beta keys. Each site has a guaranteed 8 winners (4 in each category), then there are an additional 8 keys that will go to the best of the rest over all the sites.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
k, that was the 'worst case scenario' (not that it's so bad, but you know... could've been better ;) )

Thx for the update anyways (it was quite confusingly explained in the rules I must say quite honoustly)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
it's monday afternoon now... so I'm waiting for the 'certain point' IainC was talking about, when the winners will be announced :)

Funny how I still can be so excited while I doubt I have any chance of winning at all :s

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
it's monday afternoon now... so I'm waiting for the 'certain point' IainC was talking about, when the winners will be announced :)

Funny how I still can be so excited while I doubt I have any chance of winning at all :s

+1 !

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
*puts on tin foil hat* Iain's 'certain point' = Blizzard's 'Soon'.. only kidding :)

it must be frustrating Iain being the 'voice of GOA' being expected from the cummunities to 'know everything' so their hounding you every 6-7 mins, but really your kept in the dark as much as we are sadly

peeley

Fledgling Freddie
I think he's done a great job in keeping us as updated as he can tbh.

can't wait to hear the winners though, even if I am in the same position as Mcflurry.

Oh and hi btw, Ive posted on this forum like twice but really come on it 4 times a day just to lurk :p
GL everyone.

mikol

Fledgling Freddie
The Gathering - Shot to pieces on repeat plus Lurking = Win :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom