Exciting new Warhammer Beta competition!!!

mars

Fledgling Freddie
'lo all, i've just popped in to say hello.
I've posted a humble and a really short story in the competition thread so i thought it'd be polite to at least write another post in here. I usually visit Only-War forums but they've locked the thread over there and i found myself registering and posting here. Anyway, good luck to everyone who entered and greetings from Croatia.
:cheers:

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I know entry only closed today, but any idea on when we will find out who the lucky winners are? Sorry to ask, but i'm so excited about this game.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I know entry only closed today, but any idea on when we will find out who the lucky winners are? Sorry to ask, but i'm so excited about this game.

somewhere (could be on this forum, could be on one of the others joining in this competition) they said "soon"... so probably in a week or 2/3 :)

infans

Fledgling Freddie
naaa...i dont really think it'll take them that long to decide....especially for the art sections....i have a feeling we'll know about it till tomorrow...but as i said, its just a feeling...

good luck to everyone :)

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
naaa...i dont really think it'll take them that long to decide....especially for the art sections....i have a feeling we'll know about it till tomorrow...but as i said, its just a feeling...

Aye, good luck guys!

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie

:clap:

Good luck peeps!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks - as you know this is being run across several sites so we need to liaise in our judging before announcing the list of winners.. it will take a bit of time, but we hope to have results out around the end of this week...:)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
phew, that's quick still... reading all those stories, judging who is best and who basically sucks... I'm glad I'm not one of the judges really ;)

Anyways, hope you guys make a good job out of judging and have some fun whilest doing so too... and oh, make me win ;) (just kidding... on the last part that is, I do hope you'll all have fun judging)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent. My new monitor arrives tomorrow anyway (current one keeps crapping out).
If I am victorious, I can use the extra sceen size to increase my nit-picking, hopefully by 30%...

Rohan

Fledgling Freddie
hi all

i was kinda hoping i will see it today, but meh, i can wait for a week or so. I'm really excited bout this competition, this is by far one of the best forums I've encounter. Well looks like ill be sticking here for quite a while.

Good luck to all competitors

WAR IS COMING...

Beerkeg

Fledgling Freddie
Four fan sites and dozens of entries on each site makes for some very slow judging :). I expect it will take them at least 2 or 3 days to read all of the entires, then a further 3 days to finish their judging. Then an additional day to update the WAR-europe site and get all the emails sent out.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Any indication whether the results will be announced before or after the long weekend?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I'm waiting for replies from some of the other fansite admins, unless they get their lists back to me today then it looks as though the results won't get published until next week.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
do you have to wait for the other sites to announce the winners?
I mean, if I understand you correctly you already have the winners of this forum, you're just waiting for the lists of the winners of the other forums (probably to take out dubbles, people who won on more than one forum (lucky bastards ;) )).
So you already know the winners, right? (but won't tell us no matter how hard we whine or how many cash we donate ;) )

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
I'm waiting for replies from some of the other fansite admins, unless they get their lists back to me today then it looks as though the results won't get published until next week.

Thanks a lot for the post :). I'm still on the edge of my seat :p but I've retreated back a little.

Nate

FH is my second home
Typical lazy admins! At least it's not the FH ones :D Good on ya Joop!

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Any chance of doing it on a site by site basis then or do the people who havent put their vote in also have to decide on each site?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie

[sarcasm]Wonderful[/sarcasm]

It may be to late for me anyway. The way VM keep screwing with the bandwidth over the holiday periods I may as well not have a broadband connection at all. If the BETA is over 2 gig it could be next saturday till I get a full download (it was that bad at xmas).

Mallin

Fledgling Freddie
The thing to remember is that some entrants (myself included) entered the competition with different pieces of work on different sites. Given that there are 4 winners for each discipline from each site, they won't want entrants to win more than once. What would you do with 2 beta keys?

Plus, if the sites who had completed their votes had their winners announced then the ones who hadn't are guaranteed to be inundated with demands for their result; notwithstanding being named and shamed as the sites/admins who didn't get the job done. :eek:

I'm as impatient as the rest, as much for the chance to see how my work fares against others as I am to possibly win a beta key. Either way, the best of luck to everyone who entered. Sticking your neck out to offer up something you created for many others to see and judge is no mean feat and worthy of respect.

Nate

FH is my second home
Well Mallin, I'm entering and I'm already in the beta. What am I going to do with my 2 beta keys? Give one to a friend ;)

Mallin

Fledgling Freddie
Ha! Do GOA know about this? :p

And do you need any new friends?....

Beerkeg

Fledgling Freddie
I hate double chocolate cake! Truly worthy of being your new friend?

On the war-euro website they now have a big count down clock on the banner up the top. Maybe this is for the results of the contest? Who knows!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
[sarcasm]Wonderful[/sarcasm]

It may be to late for me anyway. The way VM keep screwing with the bandwidth over the holiday periods I may as well not have a broadband connection at all. If the BETA is over 2 gig it could be next saturday till I get a full download (it was that bad at xmas).

Please bear in mind that the admins almost certainly have jobs and work to do. Personally, I was later than I hoped getting my feedback over to IainC but I didn't want to rush reading and viewing the entrants as it wouldn't have been fair. We are all excited about the competition and keen to have the results posted for you as soon as possible ! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom