Exciting new Warhammer Beta competition!!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's right folks... here is another chance through your friends at Freddyshouse to take part in a competition to win a Warhammer beta spot! This competiton is being run jointly between ourselves, GOA, and three other community sites as it says over on the official news....

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

This competition will help to kick off the Warhammer fan art and fan stories sections on the official site, so it really is a chance for a few minutes of fame, although I dare say most of you are salivating at the possibility of simply being a part of the beta testing for this exciting new game!

There will be two sets of prizes, one for fan art, and one for fan stories, which will be judged by a panel of ruthless overlords..err .... I mean fansite and GOA staff with 4 beta keys being up as prizes in each category. To enter, please post your entry in the appropriate thread.

Enter stories in this thread:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/226445-warhammer-competiton-story-entries.html

... and artwork in this thread:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/226444-warhammer-competiton-artwork-entries.html

... and now the important rules part... please make sure you read and understand them carefully!!

Rules:
  • Contest is only open to European residents
  • Entrants must be over 18
  • All submissions must be your own work and must not have been published elsewhere previously
  • You agree that by submitting your entry that Goa has the right to republish it and reuse it however they choose
  • There are two categories, stories and art. You may not enter the same category more than once per site.
  • No piece may be submitted to more than one site
  • To receive your prize you must have an account on the European beta centre (Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning)
  • Members of the gaming press or games industry professionals may not enter
  • Last date for entries is noon GMT on the 17th March 2008, entries submitted after this time will not be considered
  • Judging will take place by a panel of fansite admins and Goa staff across all sites.
  • Each site has 8 guaranteed beta spots to give away (four in each category). There are 8 additional beta spots in total for the best runners up.
  • In case of any dispute, the decision of the organisers (Goa) is final.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Argh, any chance of something else instead of yet another story and artwork competition?

It's getting a little bit boring, it would be nice if there were some other different creative outlets which people could participate in.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Argh, any chance of something else instead of yet another story and artwork competition?

It's getting a little bit boring, it would be nice if there were some other different creative outlets which people could participate in.

I'll ask IainC if they plan any dressing up competitions, ok? ;)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
This contest is specifically to kick off our fan art and fan stories sections on the official website so the entries kind of need to be stories and art.

Don't worry we'll have some more contests coming along for the lazier/less talented parts of the community in due course.

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
I know this is a little off topic but, how should i insert my artwork to the post? I know you klick on the "insert image" button but what's all that URL stuff? The pic is on my desktop, should i type in what directory the image file is or what?

IainC

I know this is a little off topic but, how should i insert my artwork to the post? I know you klick on the "insert image" button but what's all that URL stuff? The pic is on my desktop, should i type in what directory the image file is or what?

You'll either need to host it somewhere online (there are plenty of free picture hosting services such as Imageshack, Picasa, Flickr etc) or you can attach it to your post from your PC using the 'manage attachments' button - you need to scroll down a little way to see that.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
altho i'm already in, good initiative
now peepz, give me slayer stories, full with beer and dead demons :D

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mean this to sound cynical but will the winners of this comp be invited before or after the next wave of randoms?

Trouble is your are trying to whip up enthusiasm for the story and art section yet I can't help but wonder if I win will I be waiting 3 months for a beta slot, past experience makes the prize seem almost as fictitious as the stories.

Some reassurance that the winners will be invited promptly and before any other waves of randoms would go a long way to making this comp more successful ;)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Hasnt the art and stories thing been running for ages with the newsletter anyway? :s

MaiTijger

Fledgling Freddie
Hasnt the art and stories thing been running for ages with the newsletter anyway? :s

Indeed, is this related to the Newsletter competition? I've just entered my story with the WAR-site form I got redirected to from the newsletter :p

IainC

We'll be inviting the winners from this contest as soon as we can. There will never be any 'you will be in beta by this date' promises however we will make sure you get in as soon as possible.

This isn't quite the same contest as for the newsletter. What we're trying to do is to kick off the European fan art and fan tales sections of our website. All the winners will be immortalised on our official site and - unlike the newsletter - the contest is only open to European residents. This combined with the number of beta keys as prizes means that you have a much higher chance of winning a spot in this contest than simply submitting it to the newsletter.

teasing1

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea of this

This is a great idea, makes the waiting worthwhile :)

Cudos to staff here at Freddys and peeps at Goa for this :D

MaiTijger

Fledgling Freddie
IainC said:
This combined with the number of beta keys as prizes means that you have a much higher chance of winning a spot in this contest than simply submitting it to the newsletter.

Blah, couldn't you have done that like a day sooner :p now my story is already entered at the site. Don't think I can muster up the energy to write another. Oh well.

NeonDion

Fledgling Freddie
I think I might just buy a beta key with the new 1 in 5 comic promotion.

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
Got two questions, when i registered on FH I entered the wrong date of birth (under 18), I have already told the admin of the site (and i did mention my real birthdate (over 18 )) but I have gotten no response, does this mean that I wont be able to recieve a beta key if i win the competition?

The second question is, how will EA Mythic know what account they will send the key to? I don't have the same nickname on FH as I have on the WAR-europe site, do they check my e-mail or will they ask me if I win?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
they'll probably just send the beta key to the e-mail of the account on which the story was posted.

PS: can't you enter stories here you already submitted on the site for the newsletter? Because else I made a small mistake and would like to remove my story on it now and post another (once I wrote it that is) :)

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
But what about my wrong date of birth on FH? Will that be a problem? It shouldn't be since I wrote the right birthdate on the WAR-europe site, but still I am really stressed.

IainC, got any answers? ^^

Btw, I don't think you can enter a story that you've already sended to EA Mythic.

IainC

If you win we'll PM you to send us the details you signed up with on the war-europe site. EA Mythic won't be sending you anything, this is a Goa contest.

As long as you're over 18 then that's fine, you can enter.

Finally, no you cannot enter something that's already been published (copyright and legal issues).

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Can we enter even if we already in beta just for fun?.People probally think its weird and wonder why some one would want to but i enjoy this type of thing sometimes:) Makes a good change to long boring Law essays and Psychology stuff lol

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Finally, no you cannot enter something that's already been published (copyright and legal issues).
yes, but the story I send in on the site never was published... I mean, I send it in, maybe someone read it, but they didn't put it on the legends&lore site, so does that mean it has been published already?

I hope I'm making sense really... in short, to make things clear in case they aren't yet:
I wrote story, send it to newsletter-site-thingy that each month chooses 4 winners for a beta-key, didn't win (and thus didn't get published in legends&lore part of site), read about this contest here, posted story here.
So... am I breaking the rules? (I'd like a straightforward yes or no answer if there is one ty :) )

Damini

Part of the furniture
Jup, Jup, Jup, please can you do a fancy dress competition? I know you mentioned it jokingly but now I am all excited at the idea of seeing grown men and women dressed as giant rats.

It would make my heart happy.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Jup, Jup, Jup, please can you do a fancy dress competition? I know you mentioned it jokingly but now I am all excited at the idea of seeing grown men and women dressed as giant rats.

It would make my heart happy.

And for all of us that cant draw or write it may be our only chance to get in :eek:

Mey

Part of the furniture
Fancy Dress would be awesome a chance to get my Larp costume out and pwn all the nubs!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Erm, one question I feel compelled to ask... Do the winners have to make an acceptance speech?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom