Exciting new Warhammer Beta competition!!!

Nate

FH is my second home
I knew it would be you Joop! No wonder you were selected due to your in-house knowledge of such times, eh old man :D <backstabs>

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Please bear in mind that the admins almost certainly have jobs and work to do. Personally, I was later than I hoped getting my feedback over to IainC but I didn't want to rush reading and viewing the entrants as it wouldn't have been fair. We are all excited about the competition and keen to have the results posted for you as soon as possible ! ;)

Fair enough... soooo... which ones did you like the best? You know, from an artistic standpoint?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
@everyone

There is another point to be made here...

It is understandable that you would like to see the results sooner rather than later. Mostly, I presume, so the winners can get their beta keys sooner rather later. But has anyone actually said WHEN the winners will be able to actively join the beta program? There are, as I understand it, many previous competition winners some from many months ago who won a beta spot but are yet to be actually invited. Does the same not apply here? IainC stated in response to those other winners (please allow for writing this out of memory) that winning such competitons or getting random draw passes at conventions etc is never a guarantee of ever actually being invited to participate in the beta program.

Any comments from the management?

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
IainC posted on Warhammer Alliance that these are "bona fide invites" when asked that same question, and that winners would be entered into the beta right away.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well that answers that then. Not sure how that makes previous competition winners feel? From what IainC said I suppose that must mean that the competitions they won were not bona fide? Another great piece of PR....

N3M3S4S

Fledgling Freddie
Well, most earlier competitions have been done by Mythic for Americans and can't really be compared to this one done by GOA for europeans.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
aye, I think IainC said somewhere it'd be tuesday.
Could also have been me dreaming though :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Sadly I still haven't had all the votes from all the participating sites yet so we can't announce the winners. As I'm going to be in Paris for the press event till Thursday night, it's unlikely the winners will be announced before Friday - and that's assuming the last votes arrive in the meantime.

Sorry for the delay, I know you're all desperate to find out who won and so do I frankly. Hopefully we'll have everything in place for the end of this week.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly I still haven't had all the votes from all the participating sites yet so we can't announce the winners. As I'm going to be in Paris for the press event till Thursday night, it's unlikely the winners will be announced before Friday - and that's assuming the last votes arrive in the meantime.

Sorry for the delay, I know you're all desperate to find out who won and so do I frankly. Hopefully we'll have everything in place for the end of this week.

Steal some t-shirts, and run another competition for them.

Nate

FH is my second home
Who is it, we should flame them till there forums burn down!!!

Beerkeg

Fledgling Freddie
Flame them? No no no! Go post on the WoW forums and link their forums in EVERY post you write! Let the social depravity begin! :eek6:

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
it's alright IainC, as long as you bring back to us many news and goodies (such a black guard and shadow warrior and runepriest movies... mostly shadow warrior though :) )

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm actually still waiting for the prizes I won in the previous contest.

Send Jupitus a few PMs (the last one on 17-01) but nothing much happened. :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm actually still waiting for the prizes I won in the previous contest.

Send Jupitus a few PMs (the last one on 17-01) but nothing much happened. :(

:eek:

Ok - confession time! I have the physical prizes still - I know that's awful and I feel terrible about it. I gathered all the winners' address details and then weighed the tubes with prizes and then considered the postage cost to various places around Europe, and realised it is going to cost me a fair amount of cash which I simply didn't have at the time.

Yes - sitting on the problem was not the answer, I'm sorry.

I'll get them posted over the next week, I promise :(

Nate

FH is my second home
Thanks for the info Joop ;) It does make the people who entered wonder where there subscriber money went though :p

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
:eek:

Ok - confession time! I have the physical prizes still - I know that's awful and I feel terrible about it. I gathered all the winners' address details and then weighed the tubes with prizes and then considered the postage cost to various places around Europe, and realised it is going to cost me a fair amount of cash which I simply didn't have at the time.

Yes - sitting on the problem was not the answer, I'm sorry.

I'll get them posted over the next week, I promise :(

I think winners would take it a lot better if the problem was stated earlier on... but you did the right thing telling them even now :).

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks for the info Joop ;) It does make the people who entered wonder where there subscriber money went though :p

None in my pocket, that's for sure... to be honest, Deebs doesn't even know :ninja:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
*clears throat*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
*calms down, takes deep breaths*

Ah well, just means when we start doing the table top version, there will be no mercy on my part.
On the plus side, we can all go back to annoying nate... job's a good'en

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Has there been any update on the story/art contest? I know Req and GOA are busy in Paris atm and Friday will be the earliest we hear, but would be nice to know if all the votes are in. I'm dreading reading a post on Friday saying "Sorry folks, still havent received all the votes, hopefully next week".

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Has there been any update on the story/art contest? I know Req and GOA are busy in Paris atm and Friday will be the earliest we hear, but would be nice to know if all the votes are in. I'm dreading reading a post on Friday saying "Sorry folks, still havent received all the votes, hopefully next week".

I will try to find time tomorrow to review the other sites so IainC has my input in time :fluffle:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
*clears throat*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
*calms down, takes deep breaths*

Ah well, just means when we start doing the table top version, there will be no mercy on my part.
On the plus side, we can all go back to annoying nate... job's a good'en

Just to be clear, all of the beta invitations went out correctly.... and will do for this competition too!

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
I will try to find time tomorrow to review the other sites so IainC has my input in time :fluffle:

Thanks Jupitus that would be much appreciated. By the way, that emoicon you put on the end made me laugh hard because it's suits perfectly

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks Jupitus that would be much appreciated. By the way, that emoicon you put on the end made me laugh hard because it's suits perfectly

We do aim to please ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom