Excal/pryd cluster with german/frensh server

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Dutch_NS said:
You mean Rightnow get an answer in 4 weeks or never? ;)

Well, I usually got my answers within 2 days and everytime I asked them something they helped me out or fixed the bugs or whatever else. I'm sorry but I can't say I'm unhappy with the service I got so far and I've RightNow'ed in all three "classic" EU-Serv languages =)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
right now has a turn around of a few days the right never crap people still post about is bullshit

if you dont right now somthing the gms wont know if you have a problem. And if you dont rightnow it and start whining then your not going to get any help anyways.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Only 115k rps in 3h of fg rvr on Avalon, plz give more groups to fight.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dutch_NS said:
You mean Rightnow get an answer in 4 weeks or never? ;)

they act a bit faster when you send in a question rather than just bitching about it on FH...

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Been on and off a couple of times myself, i think a cluster to a well populated server is about the only solution to keep daoc going for a bit longer.

Off all the mmorp's i've played till now i still prefer daoc above all the rest...maybe because it was the first one i tried, dunno. I would renew my 2 accounts in a sec if i knew there would be "life" on the servers again..instead of the same old 3 groups you get run over time by time...or the same 10 soloers you meet all day.

We just got to hope that GOA can work out something that helps the community to keep playing, cause otherwise this game will be over very soon tbh.

Who likes to log on and find nothing to fight (face it....pvp is what keep most of us log on in this game).

Maybe someone start a online petition? Mass mails with same message to GOA to ask do help to keep this game up by clustering? Dunno...

If any GM would do the effort to check this forum once in a while i'm sure they can see what their community thinks no? After all we were pushed to here cause the original boards this game had went down.

If someone would make a website where you can sign up for a petition or something i'll surely sign it (altho my accounts are off atm...and probably stay like that if nothing changes about pop).

Recently cleaned up my computer and found old screens from emain etc...the huge fights at the gates...altho we QQ'd at that time too, at least there were loads of people in RvR (VGN cleaning up a zerg by pb etc hehe) :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I imagine if there was another english language server to cluster with we'd be there already.

However clustering with a German server would mean changing our language to German (ala Glastonbury) - not everyone playing on the server atm would agree with that, and the server isn't that low population that it needs to be done.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I imagine if there was another english language server to cluster with we'd be there already.

However clustering with a German server would mean changing our language to German (ala Glastonbury) - not everyone playing on the server atm would agree with that, and the server isn't that low population that it needs to be done.

No, GOA is working on a way to prevent this. In fact, it is already possible, since item names are no longer stored, but rather IDs are stored. Have no fear, the English servers will not be translated to German.

The idea is that we share the frontiers with the Germans. The only issue is that those zones will be in German, while the rest of the English servers stay the same. Relax. :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
Incidentally, wonder what the implications of all this are for the euro-english servers in Warhammer. Will peeps just go straight to US servers knowing they'll be the first to get fucked over by population issues at 'endgame' if they play on euro? Will GoA even run english servers after this? Or maybe they work out how to cluster multi-language servers and it's not an issue.

I think there clustering of the version language sub clusters will be alot less of a ball ache than this is proving to be, clustering us with Avalon or whatever.

Mythic/GOA will have learnt alot about what is required to merge different language clusters with declining numbers and what back end support is required. Its worth remembering that 5 years ago, the market for DAOC stlye MMORPGs was tiny compared to what it is now, so the starting population for the English servers will be alot larger and therefore viable for alot longer than DAOC was for the English speaking cluster.

But remember there is alot of potential players in WoW (Old DAOC players), that will jump ship to Warhammer once its running and will drag with them WoW players who have never played DAOC.

All I want if Warhammer to be polished product. Not an unfinished BETA in development, that some of the products out in the next couple of months seem to be.

So in answer to that point, I would imagine alot of people will stay with the Euro servers. Since we will be patched at the same as the US servers on Warhammer.

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Film...i think if people get to choose between playing a server were you meet other people or get left behind on an empty server the choice would be easy no?

I'm no computer genius, but there should be some way to cluster RVR zones no? Don't think we need shared PVE zones.

But since it's a code this game uses...it can be changed no? Altho it would probably take time...and probably the money that goes into that isn't worth the income GOA gets from the subscribers? On the other hand getting most of us to play in English on German or French servers would mean MANY (believe this) would return.

Worst case we got an UI in German or French...icons remain the same...maybe with some modding of the UI this can be turned around?

It is just a shame to see this game going down more...when it has so much to offer if you just got a steady player base (not talking 500 people over 2 servers...rather 1500-2500).

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
The idea is that we share the frontiers with the Germans. The only issue is that those zones will be in German, while the rest of the English servers stay the same. Relax. :)

Sounds very promising! Thanks for these news Tesla, too bad they couldn´t come from a GOA-offical though. =)

Nice!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Disclaimer: i don't wanna drag no1 to Limors Cluster u can all rot in Dyvet for all that i care.

Ofc the Uk cluster is healthy and at its best potential, i mean cmon who wouldn't play with such numbers?

monthly.png

monthly.png

Total around 700

yearly.png

yearly.png

From 1800 roughly to 700 in 1 year.

It has to do with exams and irl stuff tho, and ofc the December de prufundis it hasn't shit to do with Goa's SOtG brilliant idea.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Disclaimer: i don't wanna drag no1 to Limors Cluster u can all rot in Dyvet for all that i care.

You sound very aggressive Gahn. =)
Been like this for some time now. =)

But thanks for the insult!

/j

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Wholdar said:
You sound very aggressive Gahn. =)
Been like this for some time now. =)

But thanks for the insult!

/j

Ya know u ain't in the list mate ;)
Not my fault u are one of the few decent players left :/

Everz

FH is my second home
cluster with limors would pwn, however not sure bout whether i would play it or not, depends who would return to play on it.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Would give alot more FH threads if they cluster UK-cluster with lyo-ava cluster "omfg we got AC'ed at 5 AM 8 times in a row!!11" "omfg I got added on by 5 FG when soloing near a bridge!!11" "omfg Horner and Pegsl teamed up!!1".
For that alone I would think it would be worth it.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Why cluster when you keep saying that Dyvet is healthy?

Why cluster when you keep saying that you're happy that you don't have to play with the (insert whichever insult your particular preference is) that were making your life a living hell?

Surely you're happy playing on your healthy cluster now that everyone who was ruining your in game experience has gone somewhere else & left you to it?

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
"omfg Horner and Pegsl teamed up!!1".
For that alone I would think it would be worth it.

That would be the end of the world!

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Genedril said:
Surely you're happy playing on your healthy cluster now that everyone who was ruining your in game experience has gone somewhere else & left you to it?

Who are you addressing?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Wholdar said:
Who are you addressing?

Kinda all the peeps that keep pointing fingers at us who rerolled Avalon/Usa and keep trying to cover the truth about Uk Cluster? ^^

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Kinda all the peeps that keep pointing fingers at us who rerolled Avalon/Usa and keep trying to cover the truth about Uk Cluster? ^^

Ok! =)

So us that arent pointing fingers, and would like a healthy Dyvet again, we will just ignore the flames and sarcasm then. :p

/j

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Wholdar said:
Ok! =)

So us that arent pointing fingers, and would like a healthy Dyvet again, we will just ignore the flames and sarcasm then. :p

/j

Ofc! y feeling caught when u ain't the target? ;)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Ofc! y feeling caught when u ain't the target? ;)

Just trying to sort out the different parties in the thread abit. :p

/j - eager to hear what GOA officially will say about what Tesla posted.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Wholdar said:
Who are you addressing?

People who say that the server is healthy & that it's better off without the people that left. Be a bit daft of me to aim it at people that don't think the cluster is healthy & that were quite happy incorporating differing play-styles into the server.

I've never seen the point in ascribing characters to a group of people based on whatever:

All people that play mass RvR are not talent-less n00bs. Believe it or not there's some talent-less n00bs that play in FG RvR too.

All people that prefer FG fights are not whining, bitter people that flame people incessantly both in game & on FH. There maybe some, but I've seen a more than a fair few from the other side of the fence too.

All Albs are not lame, zerging, alarm clock raiders who are under 14 & have no life & are probably fat & spotty. I'm sure that there's some there, but they would exist on Hib & Mid to the same extent as well.

So, everyone that's left on the cluster is not who I was aiming the comment at. It was aimed solely at those, in posts on FH, who have said those things. For the record I wasn't even aiming it at:

Gahn said:
Kinda all the peeps that keep pointing fingers at us who re-rolled Avalon/Usa and keep trying to cover the truth about Uk Cluster? ^^

They're entitled to their opinion & we didn't do the cluster any favours. There comes a time where you put up or ship out. I chose to ship out for a while & stop being frustrated with my in game time. Staying in a situation is tacit consent & I was no longer prepared to give my consent to some of the stuff that was going on.

I don't know, people are soooo touchy these days & assume that everything is aimed at them ;).

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Genedril said:
I don't know, people are soooo touchy these days & assume that everything is aimed at them ;).

Don´t know if I´m supposed to be one of these either. :p

My reaction was more of a try to get the discussion abit more varied than the usual "THE SERVER IS FINE WITHOUT YOUR WHINING ASS!" and "DYVET SUCKS, ONLY LEMONS AND N00BS LEFT!" that we´ve been seeing in these threads the last few weeks.

I for one found Tesla´s post very encouraging, and hope something will come out of it as soon as possible. =)

/j

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Genedril said:
All Albs are not lame, zerging, alarm clock raiders who are under 14 & have no life & are probably fat & spotty.

Indeed i'm an Alb who's just lame, has no life, is fat and is occasionally spotty (have a massive zit on my nose as i type) ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Genedril said:
...Snip...

They're entitled to their opinion & we didn't do the cluster any favours. There comes a time where you put up or ship out. I chose to ship out for a while & stop being frustrated with my in game time. Staying in a situation is tacit consent & I was no longer prepared to give my consent to some of the stuff that was going on.

Ofc every1 is entitled to have an opinion, then again facts state that we were right and they were wrong period.
And we (as NFD at least) kept up with all the shit in game (Hib underpop and perma Emain camping in OF, NF hitting and doom on Hibs, Cluster inc and more doom on hibs), that said patience has a limit, and mine (shall i dare to say OURS? xD) found the final straw last December.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
It's encouraging but.....

The language is an issue (as shown by the Classic Cluster) & unless Mythic are about to spend some time rewriting the client for us (they didn't do it for the Japanese they took on) then it's not going to happen.

On top of that Dyvet has such an ingrained intolerance by so many people for other peoples playstyles (from both sides of the fence) that I'd not wish it on another cluster.

Which is a shame as I've a soft spot for the place & it's where I consider my DAoC 'home' to be. Problem is I've never really enjoyed solo rvr since SI times (ranger as my previous main is probably the reason ;) ) & I'm not interested in sitting on a bridge so I needed to go where the group action is. I still pop back to pay my rent & do crafting to stock up my CM's most weekends but I'm sad to say that all my toons there have become crafting monkeys until/if the FG action picks up (for the record I'm not leet, I've never abused anyone else for adding & I believe that if my group runs near a zerg we deserved to get zerged & not whine about it).

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Genedril said:
The language is an issue (as shown by the Classic Cluster) & unless Mythic are about to spend some time rewriting the client for us (they didn't do it for the Japanese they took on) then it's not going to happen.

Well, I think most people can stand having the frontier in german while the pve-zones are in english. =)

So, hopefully, it´ll happen! =)

/j

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Nice post Tesla - lets hope people learn to become more tolerant before they brush sides with another cluster.

As for these threads they are getting boring lets just put up about it and move on. There are much more interesting things to talk about.

Flim is right (agreed with him more than 3 times this week). Seriously just rightnow your concerns I found GOA very constructive once I got past the first few copy and paste replies.

Genedril said:
Believe it or not there's some talent-less n00bs that play in FG RvR too.

memememememememe! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom