Excal/pryd cluster with german/frensh server

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
This morning when i was online i did a /who all in hib and got 23 peeps \o/ 70 total on excal/pryd then i saw this quote on FH

Requiel said:
To allay some concerns:
We aren't going to let Pryd/Excal get to the same point as Glastonbury was at before we move. We are looking into the options that will be available to us when the time comes to act.

Viable is a vague term, however I can't express it any more precisely than that. I'm not going to come out and say that we will do X when the primetime population reaches Y because it's not that simple.

All I'm doing at the moment is squashing rumours that the English cluster is going to be clustered with a foreign cluster or moved to a different language soon. That absolutely isn't the case, it doesn't mean that we aren't keeping an aye on the situation and formulating plans for the future. All I'm saying is that the rumours going around aren't true.

At the moment there's a normal population dip that we see every year around this time. Despite that, the primetime population is still healthy and we'll keep an eye on it as time goes on.

Its even lower than last year so its not a dipp :(

Well i looked @ the spanish server and there were 3 people on ROFL if they dont even help the spanish server with that low pop, do we have to wait till excal drops to 1 player.

I think that most people agree that we dont want to speak german or frensh but, make it so that the rvr zones are english on all servers, or an option you can choose, how hard can it be?

Lets try and get enough people to post feedback about this and show it to goa so that they can sort it out.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Dutch_NS said:
I think that most people agree that we dont want to speak german or frensh but, make it so that the rvr zones are english on all servers, or an option you can choose, how hard can it be?

Eh, the english speaking community is a rediculous minority, so for GoA to go and make anything at all english for the germans would just be plain stupid.

If they ever consider clustering, and cant get mythic to recode the server based text to client based one, we will be getting everything in german.

There just arent any reasonable argument that a population of 70 people could force english text ingame on a population of 7000+...

But I agree that the English cluster is in a really bad spiral downwards, mainly brought on by the AC raiders and TT GoA action.

/Charmangle

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
what time of day was this?

The spanish server never really kicked off... guess it was too late in the game for it (who wants to play a 3 year old game when you can buy the new shiny wow thing), however it's peak population seems to have grown from originally around 20 at peak to a high of around 120, dropping back down to around 60 at the moment for the pre-expansion lull.

We don't need to be clustered with a german/french server yet. It might come to that some day but the server is far from dead.

If you _really_ think it's that bad you can reroll on Avalon like some have, but it's hardly going to help matters ;) and nor are fearmongering threads like this.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
Eh, the english speaking community is a rediculous minority, so for GoA to go and make anything at all english for the germans would just be plain stupid.

If they ever consider clustering, and cant get mythic to recode the server based text to client based one, we will be getting everything in german.

There just arent any reasonable argument that a population of 70 people could force english text ingame on a population of 7000+...

But I agree that the English cluster is in a really bad spiral downwards, mainly brought on by the AC raiders and TT action.

/Charmangle

I dont want the entire server to be english for them just the rvr zones that will be clusterd, they can pve in frensh or german xD Im playing ava/mid atm but i want to play my hib chars also where i spend so much time in later on.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
There is a daoc ad in PC gamer magezine this month!

probably a little to late but oh well :p

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
wittor said:
There is a daoc ad in PC gamer magezine this month!

probably a little to late but oh well :p

About 3 years late :twak:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
unless mythic does some recoding to keep their japanese server in japanse, multi language clusters will remain in 1 language from the server side i am afraid.

at times there are more people on the italian server than on excal... good to see goa efforts are doing good in italy, unlike spain.

a game in italian ? would that be nice ? i think not.

would the italians like seeing their game from server side in english ? i think not.

i don`t think we`ll see multi language servers soon.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Dutch_NS said:
I dont want the entire server to be english for them just the rvr zones that will be clusterd, they can pve in frensh or german xD Im playing ava/mid atm but i want to play my hib chars also where i spend so much time in later on.

Why does it matter if the rvr zone is in English?

The only thing that matters is the player names and thats universal language wise.....do you mean you want to be able to read the style / spell messages in english?

Tbh who looks at anything other than the numbers anyway?

I would have thought you'd want the PvE zones in english since thats where you interact with NPCs far more often.

Ohh and dont forget your client and UI would still be english so messages such as target out of range and your realm war map would still be in english.

Im not suggesting uk cluster needs to cluster im just curious as to your reasoning?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Ohh and dont forget your client and UI would still be english so messages such as target out of range and your realm war map would still be in english.

Using an english UI on a german server and vice versa has some nasty side effects though. For example, you can´t just reply to /send by hitting /r, you have to type the name, which is pretty annoying when your chatpartner is "Halonyrrigathioniaelth" :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
what time of day was this?

The spanish server never really kicked off... guess it was too late in the game for it (who wants to play a 3 year old game when you can buy the new shiny wow thing), however it's peak population seems to have grown from originally around 20 at peak to a high of around 120, dropping back down to around 60 at the moment for the pre-expansion lull.

We don't need to be clustered with a german/french server yet. It might come to that some day but the server is far from dead.

If you _really_ think it's that bad you can reroll on Avalon like some have, but it's hardly going to help matters ;) and nor are fearmongering threads like this.

Its dead for those who play hibernia. Clustering is best done premptively, not afte the proverbial horses have bolted ... oh wait a minute...

As per another post, last week at prime time (19:30 uk) 87 hibs in total, of which 27 were in NF. Take out people logging multiple accounts and that is dire. Infact we hit 27 people in NFD on ava/mid alone at times.

So rather than just seeing things from the perspective of an albion, try and see it from the perspective of your fellow cluster mates.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Using an english UI on a german server and vice versa has some nasty side effects though. For example, you can´t just reply to /send by hitting /r, you have to type the name, which is pretty annoying when your chatpartner is "Halonyrrigathioniaelth" :)

Then again, the number of bugs are surprisingly few. There is the send bug, and then the being unable to pay your house rent. Thats all ive come across. And for that, stuff like craftin recipies and all the basic commands are in english. It is simply (!?) the quests, NPC dialogue, NPC names, NPC merchant goods, all item drops, character classes and other server side messaging that is the problem. ... Ahh, not actually that simple. :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
kinda funny how he claims the primetime population is still healthy, and this is just a 'dip'. every year the server/cluster lost what, ~40% of its players?

besides, how can the population have a dip in the winter - doesn't it usually come in the summer when people don't spend as much time indoors?

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
I also think the problem a few of us have experienced trying to hand in CL weapons on avalon is also related to English clients but its not confirmed.

Bit off topic

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I actually found DAoC in german kinda fun, was like playing a new game again :)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
unless mythic does some recoding to keep their japanese server in japanse, multi language clusters will remain in 1 language from the server side i am afraid.

Think they´ve already converted that server to english and clustered it, actually.

/j

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
As some1 said in this post ( too tired to recall who was) the hibernia part is very dead indeed and needs a population boost. unfortunatly it isnt going to resolve with +rp bonus or +level bonus, i mean who wants to level a char up from 20 to 50 even with freelevel each 2 days? if we could swap realms with no downtime some ppl might actually go there once in a while or if they give some kind of equivalence wich they wont.

As for languages, in my case the moment they put english server in german,french or any bloody language is the the day im off.

thats my 2 cents on this

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
As some1 said in this post ( too tired to recall who was) the hibernia part is very dead indeed and needs a population boost. unfortunatly it isnt going to resolve with +rp bonus or +level bonus, i mean who wants to level a char up from 20 to 50 even with freelevel each 2 days? if we could swap realms with no downtime some ppl might actually go there once in a while or if they give some kind of equivalence wich they wont.

As for languages, in my case the moment they put english server in german,french or any bloody language is the the day im off.

thats my 2 cents on this

And what downtime u talking about?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
As I said some whine post....4 hibs in NF at 2:30 cet (that's 1:30am GMT) is a bit like a sign to me. I speak most languages DAoC has, so I don't give a shit how the cluster is being clustered. All I want is to play my animist =)

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
im just wondering how hib is gonna get more players.. who would ever wanna lvl, do artis, and then MLs on a realm where ull likely have to solo everything u possibly can, and then spend a month finishing up cause u have to wait for enough ppl to do raids. not even the most hardcore ppl would wanna do this, especially when u take into consideration that once its all done ur rdy to reroll a stealther cause theres nobody to grp with anyways.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Did a thread in general discussion, just noticed that here.

Copy and paste from "https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=213202":

6870 players playing on GoA's servers at the moment.

663 on Dyvet while the german clusters have triple the population, one of the french clusters has double the population, one french cluster is as bad as Dyvet on the population.

Then we have the italian and spanish server with very low population.

I know you guys are monitoring the situation, Requiel stated so.

What is the perspective for Dyvet? I won't go into the advantages or disatvantages of a low population server, obviously a lot of people like to have the choice of how they play the game and more possibilities are available on a higher population server and that's why a lof of people changed the servers they play on or even stopped to play all together on GoA's servers and started to play on Mythic's servers.

In my opinion it is your responsibility to stop that trend as soon as possible and make Dyvet more attractive again.

The friendliest solution for the players would be to merge Dyvet further, you need to find a way to cluster servers with different languages, or at least the RvR zones.

I am not interested in excuses in how this is not possible or how hard it is, I am a senior programmer myself and in my opinion every modern application should be designed to be able to switch the language on the fly. Mythic borked it, Mythic needs to fix it, the players have the hard disk space easily for a half a dozen languages.

One further idea could be to merge the RvR zones with Mythic servers avoiding the language problem or to allow char copies to different servers.

I've spoken to my friends and 6-7 of them would play on Dyvet again if it just had a higher population but obviously they will not if the situation stays like this.

I am sticking to Dyvet at the moment as I can solo there okay and enjoy it or PvE on my own but only because I have the hope that you will find a solution fast.

So what the perspective on Dyvet? Can you involve the player base in your decisions by making an in game poll?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Dutch_NS said:
I dont want the entire server to be english for them just the rvr zones that will be clusterd,

:) Well I understand that, but what im getting at is, how do you justify such a switch even if it was possible? Switching anything in the game to english for the germans, when there are 7000 germans that probably dont want that, and 70 english speaking people who do want it...sounds unarguable to me!:)

I see where you are comming from, dont get me wrong, I would like nothing more than for us to cluster with a german server or with a US server and then get all in English, but its hard to argue that to the 100 times or more germans that choose the german language to start with!:)

/Charmangle

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
someone saying hibernia is dead i still managed to get enough people to do a complete ml 1 to 9 rush this weekend.

When the population gets down to a level where i cant do that then that is when the server is officially dead.

as it stands we can still do mls and artifacts and rvr reasonably well if anything would be probbly best to cluster with the spanish and italian servers.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I am not interested in excuses in how this is not possible or how hard it is, I am a senior programmer myself and in my opinion every modern application should be designed to be able to switch the language on the fly. Mythic borked it, Mythic needs to fix it, the players have the hard disk space easily for a half a dozen languages.

You ever worked with US coders in your programming career ? Traditionally they've been very poor at considering other languages (or other laws, customs regulations, taxes etc) when writing the code (I won't bore you with the stories I've come across). By the sound of it Warhammer will be designed from scratch supporting multiple languages, DAoC wasn't. Rewriting the existing game engine isn't likely to happen, so I think we're stuck with single language DAoC for the rest of it's life.

Darzil

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
someone saying hibernia is dead i still managed to get enough people to do a complete ml 1 to 9 rush this weekend.

Hmm...doesnt that just take a fg with 3 animists ?:)

/Charmangle

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its a vicious circle that spirals downwards.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
By film:
"We don't need to be clustered with a german/french server yet. It might come to that some day but the server is far from dead."

It's dead enough when i with my visible class stand infront of crau and at bridge and between bridge and crau keep for 20+ minutes with no possible action at all (around 14.00-15.30 cet, yesterday). I had to ride through aggramon, to albland, circling a bit at beno bridges... Then see a captured mid-eras tower under fire, ride there, get in and get zerged by 1-2 groups of albs.

Took me over an hour to find any action, and then it is at "chokepoints" etc.
I enjoy this game alot, most of the time anyway, but it's sad that one can't log on at any time and easily find action in several places.

Really really hope that "some day" will be very very soon(although i only know swedish and english and really don't want to play a german or frensh game, if there's a will, there's a way).

Shouldn't be that hard to remake the rvr zones, and adapt that remake/copy to suit for multiple languages (client/account based). Or maybe hard, but not that hard.

Davejohnson

Banned
just implement server-portals in the frontiers that makes you able to port to any server you want to and participate in its current rvr situation.

rules and techical details can be discussed..

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I didnt know word of german when i started on the classic cluster , after a few weeks ive got used to it and im doing fine , aslong as they dont suddenly change all the spell/style icons ill be ok :)

Clustering with some other servers and keeping it in english would be ideal but i wouldnt expect the germans/french to give up thier server language cos a handfull of brits come along.

Back in OF way before toa came along i once went LD on my matter cabby from aoe dotting about 120 of the 200+ mids at one of the huge bledmeer defences , it was frustrating to say the least but id like to have some huge fights like that again and if it has to be in german so be it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom